11%
 11%  [ 6 ]
It is a Satanic religion
88%
 88%  [ 45 ]
Total Votes : 51

Ace_Of_Swords

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:18 pm
I'm in a good mood today, because I just got a cellphone!! Yay for me!! Okay, let's see. That is a really hard choice. Christanity or Wicca? I really do like the way my coven does what they do with the religion. I feel like their way is the right way to do it. Christianity is a blend with paganism and itself. Why can't I do it?  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:01 pm
Hi again,

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you, I was away at a gathering over the weekend and just got home.

While I think it is difficult to blend Christianity and Wicca, some people have found a way to do it that works for them. That being said, I think that the way to do this is to have a really good idea of what Wicca is in terms of its beliefs and practices. Some really good websites that will tell you a lot about Wicca and may help you develop a practice that works for you include:

Wicca for the Rest of Us: http://wicca.timerift.net/
The Glass Temple http://www.glasstemple.com/basics/

Those sites will give you a lot of information on what Wicca is all about. Then you can take your knowledge of Christianity and see how you can work it into that framework.

And here's a couple of websites on being Christian Wicca that you might find interesting.

http://www.christianwicca.org/
http://www.religioustolerance.org/witchcr5.htm

Of course you certainly can continue to work with your current group if you like how that operates and it meets your spiritual needs. Nothing wrong with that at all. Just remember that what that group is doing is NOT Wicca. It's a fine path for those who follow it..just NOT Wicca.

Remember too that there are many "right" ways to find your spiritual home. No one path will be the right one for everyone. Yours is not mine, and mine is not yours...and that's OK.

In the future, when you are asked about what path you follow, you might simply answer that you have found a unique path that is all your own, rather than trying to claim Wiccan status. I promise it will prevent a lot of confusion and stress when people on both sides of the fence start yelling that you can't be this or you can't be that.

And any time you have a question that you can't find an answer to regarding Wicca, I'll be glad to try to help you out. You can post it here, drop me a PM, or come on by the board I moderate at http://www.branwendscauldron.com

I sincerely hope that you will find a path that continues to be right for you. And the best way to do that is to keep on learning more and more about both Christianity and Wicca. Don't just take one person's word for that. Follow your nose to books and websites and think about what you read. You may be amazed at where that search will lead you.

Blessings,

-Lark-  

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Castilleja

Sparkly Genius

9,850 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:36 pm
I'm going to get flamed for this.... but oh, well.

First off: There are two different meanings to cult. Stemming from two different words.

Cult can come from the word "occult" ~~ referencing secreted acts.
It can also come from the word "culture" ~~ referencing societal norms.

It's actually right to call religions cults -- but that comes from the latter term. It's more a psychological term, and the word has become abused to the point where you just don't use it like that.

Or something.  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:42 pm
I'm not going to flame you. I just have my beliefs and you have yours. I'm not going to fault you for that, it's just when people tell me what I believe is wrong they catch my wrath.  

Ace_Of_Swords

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:22 pm
One thing that's a valuable lesson to learn...

Before you get angry because someone seems to be telling you that what you believe is wrong, do a bit of checking to make sure that you have your facts straight and that what you believe is in fact true. Remember that once upon a time people believed that the world was flat and got mad at anyone who suggested that wasn't the case...and then Columbus came along.

-Lark-  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:27 pm
I don't think that will ever be possible for me. I am too short tempered. I do let them pled there case, but some people have acctually flat out told me what I believed was wrong and that I was going to hell. I think I am going to choose Wicca over Christianity. I want to explore the full possibilties of it, I already know what Chrisitanity is cabable of and that's not enough for me. Can you tell me what I need to stop doing and what I do need to do. Also, my friend told me that every Wicca should dance under the harvest moon naked, at least one time. Is that true?  

Ace_Of_Swords

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:49 am
Quote:
I don't think that will ever be possible for me. I am too short tempered. I do let them pled there case, but some people have acctually flat out told me what I believed was wrong and that I was going to hell. I think I am going to choose Wicca over Christianity. I want to explore the full possibilties of it, I already know what Chrisitanity is cabable of and that's not enough for me. Can you tell me what I need to stop doing and what I do need to do. Also, my friend told me that every Wicca should dance under the harvest moon naked, at least one time. Is that true?

Learning to control your temper is a life-long struggle. I should know, I'm a bit of a hot-head myself. But it is something that is a good lesson to learn. Our tempers can get us into trouble sometimes, and they can hurt people we don't want to hurt. Remember that Wicca teaches us about personal responsibility and being responsible for the consequences of our actions. So don't just excuse yourself by saying you have a short temper...work on learning how to deal with it.

I know that it can be frustrating when Christians try to tell us that our beliefs are wrong and that we will go to Hell. What I try to remember is that they say these things out of concern for us and because they want to keep us from actually going to Hell. I have learned to smile, thank them for their concern, and walk away. I know that my religion is right for me, and that's all that matters in the long run.

As for dancing naked under the moon.... That's up to you. Wiccans honor their bodies as temples of the God and Goddess, and see all shapes and sizes as beautiful. The freedom of being naked under the moon honors that belief that we are reflections/avatars of the Gods. But it isn't necessary to do it to be Wiccan....and it isn't necessary if the neighbors might notice and call the police. Common sense is always appropriate.

This forum is probably not an appropriate one to discuss the particulars of Wicca. But you might want to look at one of the Wiccan forums here on Gaia. Or check out the forum for Wiccan teens at http://forum.teenwitchonline.org or a forum that I moderate at http://www.branwenscauldron.com

-Lark-  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:00 pm
TN_Lark
Quote:

Learning to control your temper is a life-long struggle. I should know, I'm a bit of a hot-head myself. But it is something that is a good lesson to learn. Our tempers can get us into trouble sometimes, and they can hurt people we don't want to hurt. Remember that Wicca teaches us about personal responsibility and being responsible for the consequences of our actions. So don't just excuse yourself by saying you have a short temper...work on learning how to deal with it.

I know that it can be frustrating when Christians try to tell us that our beliefs are wrong and that we will go to Hell. What I try to remember is that they say these things out of concern for us and because they want to keep us from actually going to Hell. I have learned to smile, thank them for their concern, and walk away. I know that my religion is right for me, and that's all that matters in the long run.

As for dancing naked under the moon.... That's up to you. Wiccans honor their bodies as temples of the God and Goddess, and see all shapes and sizes as beautiful. The freedom of being naked under the moon honors that belief that we are reflections/avatars of the Gods. But it isn't necessary to do it to be Wiccan....and it isn't necessary if the neighbors might notice and call the police. Common sense is always appropriate.

This forum is probably not an appropriate one to discuss the particulars of Wicca. But you might want to look at one of the Wiccan forums here on Gaia. Or check out the forum for Wiccan teens at http://forum.teenwitchonline.org or a forum that I moderate at http://www.branwenscauldron.com

-Lark-

I know, I just don't say I have a hot temper. I am working on it and I have gotten better, it's just to people I care about, not to those who I don't even know.

I haven't been told I am going to hell lately, but I have a feeling it's going to happen soon.

I live in the woods, so I may dance under the moon, but I am very modest when it comes to my body, so I may not. I am not sure yet.

Can you give me a forum on gaia for Wiccans?

Ace_Of_Swords

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:37 am
Victim_Of_Insanity

I know, I just don't say I have a hot temper. I am working on it and I have gotten better, it's just to people I care about, not to those who I don't even know.

I haven't been told I am going to hell lately, but I have a feeling it's going to happen soon.

I live in the woods, so I may dance under the moon, but I am very modest when it comes to my body, so I may not. I am not sure yet.

Can you give me a forum on gaia for Wiccans?

Here's a link to The Coven here on Gaia http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?guild_id=601

I'm a new member over there too. See ya there!

-Lark-  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:38 am
I joined, I am a member there. Yay!!  

Ace_Of_Swords

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:23 am
Victim_Of_Insanity
I joined, I am a member there. Yay!!

Great! See ya there!

-Lark-  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:00 pm
Hey, have you seen the show Mindfreak? Criss Angel is the Mindfreak and I was wondering if he uses some kind of spell or something from Wicca. He says he combines mind, body, and soul, which is what we try to do in our magic right?  

Arrea Delano

marinazzle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:16 am
Victim_Of_Insanity
Okay, clearing this up for everyone!! I am Wiccan, I know what I am talking about, I have been studying it like crazy, know all the laws, and basically alot about the religion. Have questions or comments come here and I will help you. I am guessing you don't get many Wicca's that actually know what they are talking about.
I understand that thats YOUR belief, but other Wiccans I know arent like you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:18 am
marinazzle
Victim_Of_Insanity
Okay, clearing this up for everyone!! I am Wiccan, I know what I am talking about, I have been studying it like crazy, know all the laws, and basically alot about the religion. Have questions or comments come here and I will help you. I am guessing you don't get many Wicca's that actually know what they are talking about.
I understand that thats YOUR belief, but other Wiccans I know arent like you.

Sigh, I have been over this and I have put the thing that says this is what I believe in there, it's the last post on the first page. Now leave me alone.  

Arrea Delano

With_Niwa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:21 pm
Woahh so.. Ace_of_Swords is the same person as Crimson_Enigma?! That explains a bit!
(I know I am late on entering this topic, I am sorry. But I am interested in what you have to say about it. Please do not take any of this offensively. I am not trying to put you on the spot, or to make you feel uneasy about your faith.)
(Also, there is a little monkey living in my computer [or soemthing like that] that put some crazy controls on it, not letting me type anything religious without an asterisk. sorry! sweatdrop )

Okay, to start off, I was W*ccan for a very short time (less than a year haha). However, I studied it much longer than that before dedicating myself to it. When I decided to do so, I hadn't chosen a certain Pantheon or Branch/Sect/Trad to follow until like the last month or two of that time that I was involved with it. I finally decided to go with Eclectic- but heavily leaning on Celtic traditions. However, after a very scary incident, I decided to come back to the Lord.. But we wont get into that unless you ask to, because its kind of long. ninja
ANYWAYS.
1)I am wondering- which branch do you follow? I have never heard of what you believe in, and am curious about it.
2) I think that I have solved the problem that you've been having. (the one mentioned in another thread, having to do with the need to rebuke d*mons and such.)

I really hope that youre still watching this thread.. eek  
Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces