11%  [ 6 ]
It is a Satanic religion
88%
 88%  [ 45 ]
Total Votes : 51

Monergism

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:17 pm
Hello Crimson_Enigma,

I'm glad to see that you believe in Jesus Christ. I do however have great concern about Wicca mixing with Christianity because its quite of a big issue. Anyhow, I have a question for you. The rituals you perform, does the nature of these rituals are a form of worship besides YHWH (God of the Bible)?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:20 pm
Baptist Holman
Hello Crimson_Enigma,

I'm glad to see that you believe in Jesus Christ. I do however have great concern about Wicca mixing with Christianity because its quite of a big issue. Anyhow, I have a question for you. The rituals you perform, does the nature of these rituals are a form of worship besides YHWH (God of the Bible)?

The rituals we perform are prayers to God and singing, it's just praise and worship really. Some insence and candles to set the mood, there's really nothing bad about it. What is YHWH? Yes we worship the God from the Bible. We are Christans.  

Ace_Of_Swords

Monergism

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:28 pm
Crimson_Enigma
Baptist Holman
Hello Crimson_Enigma,

The rituals we perform are prayers to God and singing, it's just praise and worship really. Some insence and candles to set the mood, there's really nothing bad about it. What is YHWH? Yes we worship the God from the Bible. We are Christans.

YHWH is the Creator, the God of Abraham.

Uhm... So the ritual of the Goddess' Brith and Harvest Moon is not about worship?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:32 pm
That ritual doesn't have to be performed, I choose not to do it because it's not competely devoted to christ. All it really is is worshiping God for the Harvest Moon, thanking him for it's beauty. The Goddess is actually the moon. We think the moon represents the female body and soul. Answer your question?  

Ace_Of_Swords

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:05 pm
I'm sorry, that is an utter and complete pile of tripe...and about as far away from being what Wicca is all about as you can get.

Sheesh...at least have the grace to refer to it as Christo-Wicca or My Very Own Version of Wicca. Because it certainly bears little resemblance to Wicca as most of the rest of the world practices it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:46 pm
Wicca has monotheistic roots, gardener's original BOS had prayers to the christian god, but that was not long lived, because it evolved into a polytheistic occult trad during his lifetime, and now is very very defintately not christian. i'm certain that neither the christian authorities nor wiccan leaders/thinkers of our time would agree with this conception of the religion. To me, this is just another example of "everything is okay" wicca, which isn't wicca at all.

Wicca is a sexual mystery cult with occult framework. it has nothing to do with the judeo-christian system....except maybe a bit of kabbalah influence razz

You can believe whatever you want to believe, honey... but don't label it "Wicca" unless that's what it actually is.  

renovate

6,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rose Mystica

Beloved Gawker

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:32 pm
TN_Lark
I'm sorry, that is an utter and complete pile of tripe...and about as far away from being what Wicca is all about as you can get.

Sheesh...at least have the grace to refer to it as Christo-Wicca or My Very Own Version of Wicca. Because it certainly bears little resemblance to Wicca as most of the rest of the world practices it.

(Aren't you from .pagan_snark on LJ? surprised I'm Leiko. ninja )  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:25 pm
Helter Skelter Hippie

z0mg, your sig rocks. XD

To the Original Poster --Something that may mean a little bit 'o... something... to you: I would classify your practice as Christo-Wicca, or Christian Witchcraft, or Christian Wicca. Controversial in the Wiccan communities, yes, but not as controversial as you touting Wicca as a Christian religion in and of itself. Wicca does not equal Christianity, they are two different religions. All paths are valid, but when you butcher one path that means a lot to its practitioners -- in its original context -- to fit your own flights of fancy and give this new practice the name of its original: That is wrong.

I suggest you start with Scott Cunningham's books (look him up on Amazon or something) to learn an extremely basic outline of what Wicca is, then when you're ready for more complicated -- and valuable -- stuff, PM me for a book list and be patient, as I could take well over a week to reply. Please note that no single book or website is the "Be All and End All" of Wicca. I won't go into the Wicca vs. Neo-Wicca debate with you at this point, either, as I think that would be a bit too much.

I'm sick and tired of misinformation. I'm also tired of seeing stuff like this being touted as "real Wicca". The whole "I'm an expert!"-type thing is really depressing, too. I won't pretend to know everything about the various flavours of Wicca, but I am more than willing to provide resources when and where I can.

Something that may mean a little bit 'o... something... to you: I would classify your practice as Christo-Wicca, or Christian Witchcraft, or Christian Wicca. Controversial in the Wiccan communities, yes, but not as controversial as you touting Wicca as a Christian religion in and of itself.

smile

Keistera

Ace_Of_Swords

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:45 pm
This is how me and my coven practice Wicca, God people just get over it. You have a problem with it that's fine, but keep it to yourselves. This is annoying as hell.  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:34 am
Crimson_Enigma
This is how me and my coven practice Wicca, God people just get over it. You have a problem with it that's fine, but keep it to yourselves. This is annoying as hell.

Wicca is not whatever you want it to be. I can see you don't get that, and probably never will; I hope and pray that you at least try to go out and learn otherwise, though. You'll look like a fool until then when blabbing in the outside world about it (or generally among those outside your little clique).

If nothing else, I suggest looking up "Christian Wicca", or something similar; the idea makes my brain hurt and my inner theology teacher scream in terror, but I guess it could work.  

Keistera

Rose Mystica

Beloved Gawker

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:39 pm
Keistera
Crimson_Enigma

Wicca is not whatever you want it to be. I can see you don't get that, and probably never will; I hope and pray that you at least try to go out and learn otherwise, though. You'll look like a fool until then when blabbing in the outside world about it (or generally among those outside your little clique).

If nothing else, I suggest looking up "Christian Wicca", or something similar; the idea makes my brain hurt and my inner theology teacher scream in terror, but I guess it could work.

Christo-Wicca is fascinating. Right now I've comfortably settled onto that path toward Jesus. 3nodding

But Wicca in-and-of-itself? Not Christian in the least. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:15 pm
Helter Skelter Hippie
TN_Lark

Yep, that would be me.  

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:21 pm
Crimson_Enigma

If you're going to post your ideas to an open message board, then try to claim that they are true for all of Wicca, then you need to expect that you are going to get responses...and that some of your responses aren't going to agree with you. As you say...get over it.

Your practice with your coven may fit your needs and suit you just fine...but it is NOT Wicca and shouldn't be held up as an example of what Wicca is all about.

Wicca is a fertility, mystery religion that worships many Gods and Goddesses. It bears no resemblance to Christianity, does not worship Jesus and/or Mary, nor follow the Ten Commandments.

If you want to become Wiccan, I would suggest you learn a bit about it before you appear any more foolish than you already do.

Or you could simply say that you are practicing Christianity with a bit of magic thrown in and stop trying to claim the title of Wiccan.

-Lark-  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:42 pm
I never said they were true of all Wicca's so ******** off b***h. God, I hate people like you. Think they are always right...go suck a d**k. Get them to ban me, I don't care. At least I will be away from all the christan bitches.  

Ace_Of_Swords

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:22 am
My, my. I never could understand people whose only response to having someone disagree with them was to start calling names and swearing.

And I'm not Christian. I have been a practicing Wiccan for many years. That's why I was trying to correct some of the misinformation that you were posting.

I would not have responded at all had you made it clear from the beginning that you were practicing your own form of Christian-Wicca. But your posts made it sound like your view of Wicca was the way that other Wiccans practiced..and it very much isn't the case. I'd be more than happy to discuss our differences in practice if you'd like to learn more about the way that most Wiccans practice, including our beliefs in multiple deities, our rituals, our beliefs in the afterlife, etc.

By the way...how do you reconcile your treatment of others and your abusive language with your interpretation of the Rede as "harm none"? One of the things that Wiccans believe is that we hold a bit of the God and Goddess inside each of us. To attack another, either verbally or physically, is to also attack the Divine in that person. It's rather the same idea that Jesus spoke of when he said; "even as ye did it unto these, the least of my brethran, ye did it unto me".

-Lark-  
Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces