Reply Advice
Brother :

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandemasu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:23 pm
Alright. Well my brother has enough issues as it is. He's always rebeling against me and my parents. Not going up to his full potential in school. Getting in all sorts of trouble and so on.
Well, not only those things but he absolutly refuses to go anywhere near Christianity.
He went to my youth once. Seem to have gotten into it for that one night. But his excuse is "Well he told us to lift our hands, so I did." That kind of got me mad.
He refuses to meet anyone who I think he'd like. These people go to my youth church and show up at church aswell. He wants to learn guitar, and I know a guitarist in my church the teaches my friends to play. The dude is awesome and I know my brother would get a kick out of meeting the guy because he is just plain cool and wacky and he has 5 sons.

My brother is like "Well if I cant touch it, smell it, see it, and all them other sences. Then I cant possibly believe it exists."
He think by believing in the Christian beliefs that I'm against nature :
Why would a vegetarian tree huggin earth lover be against nature?

How can I get my brother to stop judging Christianity. He only knows the basics that he learned waaay back in the kid sunday school when we were like 5 years old. I was thinking maybe if he tried out Christianity for real atleast once, he'd be changed.

My brother is going to be 15 in June. I'm not concerned too much on his rebelion against having a religion. But I am tired of him judging Christianity and saying untrue things about it. He thinks going to church is the end of the world and he thinks I'd be waisting my life.

My dad claims to be athiest but atleast he actually knows all the bible stories and he doesn't try to convert me into an athiest and doesn't put me down about my beliefs. [My sister and I thinks that my dad knows there is a God, but just doesn't want the responsibilities of a Christian, so he claims he's athiest.]  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:12 pm
just pray that God would soften his hart and get your youthgroup to pray for him, keep praying and let God do the rest  

borrowed_heaven

dunkin2781

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:25 pm
i have to agree with what gospelgirl sead. but i also think that you might wana talk to your mom and dad on your brothers friends mabe they might be the wrong kind for him they could get him in a lot of trouble or down the wrong path i knwo that because when i was in midle school i hung out wiht people . that went out and got in alot of trouble it took me a while to figure that one out and talking to a cop or to from geting in trouble . and i think god that he gave me the strength and courage and love to get back into church and all . i hope what ive sead helps ya and may god bless ya and your family.  
Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games