Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:52 pm
TeaDidikai
maenad nuri
Which is not the same as saying it is good or right.
Which is the problem I have. Justification based on subjective morality rather than actually taking a moral stance against something that's wrong.

Tea is no longer elf-like...it makes me sad, I loved that avi cry  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:52 pm
Arcanist Angus
She's extremely nude though.  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:21 pm
Byaggha
Arcanist Angus
She's extremely nude though.

This is true, this is true 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:28 pm
TeaDidikai
maenad nuri
Which is not the same as saying it is good or right.
Which is the problem I have. Justification based on subjective morality rather than actually taking a moral stance against something that's wrong.

Honestly, I do both -- understanding the justification can go hand in hand with saying that you still think it is wrong. I saw more of that than you seem to have.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Forth Eorlingas

250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:15 pm
I'm Brina, I was brought up Chirstian but broke away from that years ago, I'm Wiccan, and uh I hope we all can get along. c:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:07 pm
Epileptic Lesions
I'm Brina, I was brought up Chirstian but broke away from that years ago, I'm Wiccan, and uh I hope we all can get along. c:

No to be offensive, but Tradition, Lineage, and age please?

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Aydenfyre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:12 pm
Greetings everyone. My name is John, but you can call me that, or, I'm also well known as Luna, Poe, Noble, or Nogitsune, either of which will work fine, although, it would likely be much easier to use one of the latter two.

I'm 21 years old, and an older member of this guild. My last account had some issues with posting, but I simply decided to make a new one, and I'm quite pleased with it. Anyway, onto other matters. I was first introduced to this guild by TeaDidikai, years back when I was browsing through the ED and made a comment. And from time to time, I'll still post here, although I'm more likely a lurker, at that. I just don't have a lot to say often is all.

At the present time, my faith is merely a conglomerate of several philosophies and beliefs I hold true. Although I do not adhere to a more popular faith, I'm more than happy to be the only follower, despite how odd mine own may be.

I do not go over many specifics in my faith, this being said, one will find many contradictions in what I say, merely because some things are too personal to announce to the public, and quite honestly, I don't exactly trust the public as a whole, despite how fond I was, or am of this guild, and some of it's inhabitants.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:43 pm
Hi. I'm never sure what to post in these things.
You can call me Brass for short.
I don't consider myself a fluff.

I spend a lot of time reading. I'm currently working through some of Crowley's books and trying to relate them to other more modern works that are better written.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Miss_Nel

4,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:16 am
~Little Red Witch Bird~

Well Hi!
I'm Nel. I'm 20 (21 in August), living in Australia, and a complicated eclectic pagan. I have a deep love for wortcunning/herbcunning and associated crafts, as well as an interest in the asatruar Noble Virtues and Shinto. The 'magic' I practice is a sort of combination of Roma sorcery and plain english witchcraft (look to the Viridarium Umbris for an idea, minus all the scary biblical symbolism) with a hint of the Shinto spirit worship, and a lot of sex magic.

I've recently wandered off the Vanatruar path. The gods and stories suddenly stopped meaning to much to me. I try to stick to the smaller, local spirits and "mini gods" instead of the things that are so huge I can't believe in them. I know there's something... I just don't consider it pressing enough to dig it up. I'll figure it out eventually.

I catch myself believing in things I'd previously considered incredibly fluffy, so I don't really now what to make of myself.

So yeah. I look forward to meeting you all- I stalked for a little while and I must admit, I'm a little terrified. =P Some of you are a lot like my fiancee, and I know how much he has to bite his tongue (or doesn't) when it comes to fluffy bunnies.

Adieu~
~Raudsparr ~ Chorihani ~ Wren~

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:24 pm
Heyla all. I'm Jaimee, or just Jai. Or you can simply call me Yugure if you want.

I'm 21, almost 22, living in Fremantle, Australia and hating every minute of this gods forsaken desertland. It's too hot, too dry, too sandy and too orange.

/rant

Anyways, while I wouldn't call myself pagan as such, I find I get along with you lot much better than, say, my Jewish sister, or the Moslims over the road. They tend not to like the fact that I make my own path through life.

I'm what I call a Humanist, or an Urbanist. I believe, mostly, in the strength and evolution of the human soul, the betterment of Humanity and the internal workings of energy. I was raised with an Odinist mindset, and considered myself an Asatruar for a long while. But it never really fit, you know? Like how some people say that Christianity never suited them, Asatru was likewise a glove-too-small for me.

I also grew up in a town that has a large Japanese population, so I was exposed to a lot of Eastern teachings and the practice of Shinto most of my life. Those ideas and concepts are part of who I am, equally as much as those of my ancestors. I practice seidr and venerate kami. I have a belief in my tama, and in Valhalla, savvy?

So, in somewhat of a rebellious mood, a friend 'challenged' me. She said that I would be hard pressed to put my own name to my beliefs, that I was 'cowering' under a sheltering title.

I took that challenge, and now I am building, from the ground up, Inarian Urban Shamanism. Yes, the name is pretentious and I like it that way. It's based around the concept of the Shinto ookami Inari being the perfect example of what Humanity can be. Fluid spirituality. Neither male nor female, a farmer and a warrior, water and fire, tempered blade and raw iron. The idea that a Human is Mind, Body and Spirit, and that the Perfect Human is Three Together As One. It's also a heavy focus on practical living, self defence, herb lore and modern medicine. If anyone is interested in hearing more, I have blogs elsewhere.

So, personal plug over, hope to talk to everyone soon.

Edit: Miss_Nel, who posted above me, is also my fiance if anyone was wondering.  

Cyber-Jamie

Fashionable Lunatic

5,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:01 pm
Welcome to Brina, Noble, Brass, Nel, and Yugure.

Nel: Please don't use the word gypsy as it is a racial slur for the Roma.

Yugure: I don't understand how the word shamanism applies to your belief system. Would you please explain? Are you aware of the problems of cultural misappropriation concerning shamanism?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:58 pm
~Little Red Witch Bird~

Bastemhet
Welcome to Brina, Noble, Brass, Nel, and Yugure.

Nel: Please don't use the word gypsy as it is a racial slur for the Roma.

Yugure: I don't understand how the word shamanism applies to your belief system. Would you please explain? Are you aware of the problems of cultural misappropriation concerning shamanism?

Oh! I apologise, then.
I'd heard that it could be used as a racist slur, but not that it actually is one, and the few I've met have never pulled me up on it.

It was not my intention to insult.

Miss_Nel

4,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Statustician 100

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:10 pm
I am but a servant...

Scary Biblical symbolism? The Cultus Sabbati has nothing to do with Christianity.

...of the Cunning Flame

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:20 pm
~Little Red Witch Bird~

Ooookay, let me rephrase what I meant then.
I only had an interest in the herblore and recipes in the book, not the rest of it.
I took it as biblical symbolism because of the endless references to Cain and Lilith and fallen angels, which (as I understand it) were the best images with which to teach people in those times. Considering the christian/catholic influence in those times and in that area, it made sense to explain ideas in common knowledge- using childrens stories to explain something that would otherwise be alien.
That's what I meant by biblical symbolism. I should have been clearer.

Miss_Nel

4,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Statustician 100

Cyber-Jamie

Fashionable Lunatic

5,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:20 am
While unintiated Wiccans may have cultural misappropriation down to a fine art, my use of the term 'shamanism' isn't in the same vein.

I use it in the sense that Inaria is inspired by the behaviour of tribal shamans, specifically in northern Europe. They serve their community as in the mundane sense as a leader, advisor, doctor and councellor, and in the spiritual sense as protector, teacher, priest and healer.

Inarian Urban Shamanism is a modern take on a tried and true practice. I use it in the same mode as 'pagan', as I doubt anyone on this forum is a pagan in the original sense of the word. Or are you all accessing the internet via puddles in your forest huts?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff