Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:20 pm
Wolfs Heart
It had been Ne'kar who offered to go and get more building supplies for his mother, Alma. He had never been outside of Kurt's Ranch and saw it as a good opportunity to see what else the island had to offer. Did he want to spend his whole life living on the alpaca farm? He wasn't sure. He hadn't told his family about his other motives for offering to get supplies.

Zamarad was the closest village to Kurt's Ranch. It was highly unlikely that he would find extra raw building material there, if he did find any it was likely not going to be affordable for him. It was necessary to pass through Zamarad to get to any of the other villages though, so he might as well stop for at least his own explorations. The market plaza was the easiest place to stumble upon as Ne'kar made his way through town, so he took a moment to browse through the wares.

Daisicle
As the midday sun reached it's peak in the sky and the market was in full swing, it signaled for the beginning of what was usually a pair of songbirds' performance. Usually. For the past several weeks, following their eventful night at Las Venus and a pair of recent additions to the harpies' numbers, only one sister had sang their song. It had been awkward, even difficult, at first, but Sonorila had adapted by now.

Some might think it strange for those of her kind to cohabitate as they did, even stranger for them to participate in regular pae society. Perhaps they were right. But having been raised since hatching as a regular member of the village orphanage, most of those 'feral' habits had been weaned out... or at least learned how to be managed in productive ways.

She perched in her normal spot - her feathers, her hair, her nails impeccably cleaned and styles to her preference - and offered the quickly-forming crowd a wave and a smile. She took a deep breath through her nose, closed her eyes, and let her vocals resonate through those about the marketplace. Such was the job of a songstress.

Wolfs Heart
The market was almost overwhelming for Ne'kar. The hustle and bustle and the variety of different goods that were all begging for his attention, it was a lot for a somewhat simple farm boy. He moved from stand to stand, wishing he had more to offer in exchange than what he had brought, but it was still fascinating to see what there was. A sound cut through over the low mumble of pae in conversation. It was enough to make Ne'kar stop in his tracks.

Someone was singing. Only he had never heard singing quite like that. They weren't just making noise or passing time, it was beautiful like an art form. He set down the bauble he had been inspecting and made his way towards where the sound was coming from.

The song was mesmerizing enough on its own, and Ne'kar seemed entranced as he joined the crowd surrounding the singer, but when he at last caught sight of the singer the mystery deepened. An angel? No. Ne'kar had never seen a harpy before. "Wow."

Daisicle
Sonorila made small movements as she sang, her eyes scanning over the crowd, her arms reaching forward and pulling back. The lyrics were some story about Zamarad's creation - how it'd been fallen and been reborn into its current state, favored by its patron deity and her children - laced with euphemisms and embellishments, of course. Normally it would have included competing melodies woven in such a manner that the acappela nature of it was less notable, but a solo singer could only do so much.

Perhaps she should bite her tongue and request at least some sort of musical accompaniment from the village leadership, at least until her sister could return.

As her first song finished, she let her final tones fade before offering the crowd a smile and a wave. She'd take a small break to drink before continuing with her set. With a light flap of the wings, she touched down onto the stoned pavement before moving to the usual nearby peddler for her usual order.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:20 pm
Wolfs Heart
Ne'kar was hanging on to every word that was being sung, although not in a way that he could understand the story that was being told. He was simply hung up on the beauty of the sounds she made. When the singing stopped he was just frozen for a moment before realizing it was over and giving the singer a delayed, and perhaps overly enthusiastic, applause.

And then she was gone.

He caught sight of her striking blue color at a nearby vendor. If he had known the show would go on, Ne'kar might have stuck around for more instead of being left with whatever strange feelings he was left with that made him do something far bolder than he would have expected from himself: He walked up to her. "Howdy, miss."

Daisicle
Sonorila didn't even need to speak for the vendor to know she was looking for her usual strawberry, goat's milk, and sugarcane beverage - she merely offered a smile, which they returned with a single nod.

As she waited, she was approached from a male and only slightly spooked when he actually spoke with her. This didn't happen all that often... Thankfully she was able to keep it from showing on her face. She offered him a smile and a simple, "Hello there," in return

Wolfs Heart
Well, Ne'kar hadn't thought past what he would say after he said hello. In order to keep himself from just standing there awkwardly, gawking at the singer, he ordered himself a drink. The male wasn't sure what it was he was even ordering, it wasn't water or milk that was for sure.

"I've never heard anything like that before, your singing is beautiful." He finally gathered the words to say something else. He had never seen anyone like her before either, but he wasn't sure how she would feel about him pointing out her differences, it was different than complimenting her voice.

Daisicle
Sonorila ran a hand through her hair, then paused to pick out a lock and twist it around her finger as he seemed to debate what to follow up with. It was all rather cute to watch. Interesting drink choice though - she had yet to try that one.

She placed her hand against her cheek in a refined manner at the compliment and her smile deepened. "Why thank you." There was a natural pause before she followed up with, "I am Sonorila - and you are...?"

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:21 pm
Wolfs Heart
Ne'kar winced as he took a sip of his drink, when you weren't used to sweetened drinks, the sweetness was overwhelming. Sonorilla: wow, her name even sounded like a song, how appropriate. He felt flattered that she would give him her name, like she was out of any sort of league for him. "I'm Ne'kar," he introduced himself. "D'you sing here often?"

Daisicle
Sonorila turned to thank the merchant as she was finally handed her drink and took a sip - delicious, milky, fruity, and sweet, just as she liked it - and set down a couple of coins to pay. She'd turned just in time to grimace, and she laughed lightly in return. "Each day at the sun's peak, actually. Usually my sister would join me in a duet, but as her little ones aren't yet old enough..." She shrugged. "It's just me for now, I suppose."

She caught a look from the vendor from her peripheral vision and took another sip. She gestured away and towards where she'd performed as she continued. "I still have some time before my next song, if you would entertain me with conversation until then. I love to hear the stories of others travels."

Wolfs Heart
As Ne'kar watched Sonorilla pay for her drink, he took a deep breath as he pulled out some of his own coin to pay for his drink. He was going to take some slack for this later, spending way too much on a fancy drink instead of on something important. All to talk to a girl, but as she gestured him away from the drink stand, the male decided it was worth it. Although if any of his siblings found out he would never live it down.

"Really, I'll have to keep that in mind on my journey back." He said as he followed her back to where he had first laid eyes on the harpy. "Oh, I can't imagine my life is as entertaining as your life here." The ranch was nothing like Zamarad, although maybe she would find its differences entertaining.

Daisicle
"Perhaps not..." she mused before offering a smile. "...even so, I should like to hear about it." She sipped on her drink some more as she silently implored him to continue.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:22 pm
Wolfs Heart
Ne'kar didn't want to bore the exotic singer, but it was what she asked for. "Well I live on a ranch" Ne'kar paused, "Kurt's Ranch," that's what others called it. "I mostly help my dad out in the stables, but today, today I'm out getting supplies for my ma, I'm going to visit a few of the villages. This is the first stop, and it's so different from the ranch. I can't wait to see what the other villages are like." He rambled for a little bit. "I know it's awfully boring."

Daisicle
Sonorila nodded along as she finished her drink. "Perhaps a little..." She set the cup down next to her. "But that you for telling me all the same. It sounds like you've had a wonderfully peaceful life - I'd be thankful for it." With a stretch of her arms and wings, she glanced back up at the stage, then to him.

"Well, I'll be going then - it's time for the next song. Please do have a listen if you'd like..." She gave him a wave before flapping her wings and returning to the stage to continue with her set comprised of several other songs of the same energy as the first. Knowing there was someone in the crowd eagerly listening to it... well... she may have put more heart into it than normal. Hopefully he'd enjoyed it.

Wolfs Heart
"Be seeing you around, I hope," Ne'kar spoke after her as he watched her fly away. Yup, that was it, his boring farm life had scared off, perhaps, the prettiest girl he had ever seen. Well, she did have to return to her performance, so there was a slight chance that it wasn't him. He couldn't help but feel disappointed, but that's what he got for swooning over a performer.

Ne'kar stuck around though, to very slowly finish the drink he had wasted his coin on. And to listen to Sonorilla sing, he couldn't help it. With his chin resting in his hand, he watched her like a smitten puppy. He wasn't sure how her music could sound any more beautiful, but it did.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces