Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:10 am
User Image

Alexander couldn't resist chuckling a bit more when the other teased him back and then went on to state that he didn't mind chores "Then I suppose that I'm the lucky one here today" he joked back to the other man as his smile only grew even more. It was nice to have Jin really beginning to relax and kick back with him, their joking back and forth feeling very refreshing. Alex didn't often have people he could joke around with besides his own kids and even then he couldn't share anything more than some immature jokes with them to get a laugh. No, Alex hadn't been able to just have a back and forth with anyone for a very long time, not since Helena. She had a sense of humor that could lift his mood no matter how bad of a day he'd been having.

As the conversation flowed on Alex would bring up how Dawson's had a pool table and how they could play billiards if he wanted. It was really just an afterthought, he thought it may be a fun thing to do with the other man as an activity they could do together while drinking. So when the other stated that it would be fun a wide grin grew on his face before chuckling once again as he shook his head
"You don't understand Jin. I'm bad at billiards" he stated "Once of the few times I've played, I'd accidentally hit the ball too hard and ended up giving someone a black eye after it went flying" he remembered that day like it was yesterday, he'd been in high school and they'd brought a pool table in for field day. He got barely one game in before the incident happened and even worse, it was a teacher so Alex had been banned from playing for the rest of the day, he'd felt so bad for it afterwards. Nonetheless though Alex returned Jin's smile with one of his own "So am I, it'll shape up to be a good night" he stated before sitting back and enjoying what was left of the baseball game on TV.

Once the finally inning was over Alex would change the channel to a different game, this time soccer. He'd never been so partial to the game himself but Alex still thought it was fun...even if the players acted like prissy babies when even lightly tapped. As the two were relaxing Alex would pick his beer back up and took one final gulp, finally finishing the drink off and setting it back down on the ground. It was nice to just sit back in a comfortable silence while watching a game, it seemed like it was an international soccer game as it was Japan vs England
"I don't follow soccer much, do you know who may win?" he'd question the other man with a curious look, wondering if soccer was a sport he followed more closely.

(OOC: )

vampireglub

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:06 pm
User Image

Jin laughed for quite a while at the story of Alex’s billiards accident. He himself had been a beginner at one point, having shot the ball off of the table many times while practicing his draw shot technique (a draw shot is one in which the cue ball is struck below the center which often results in backspin in done correctly. If done incorrectly, it can cause the ball to ‘jump’ on and sometimes even off of the table). Jin, however, had never hit another person with a pool ball, let alone hit someone in the head. In this case, Jin was able to laugh at Alex’s story as he could relate to part of the story, as he enjoyed picturing the rare sight, and as no one seriously got hurt. Jin could remember in his own past having gotten drunk with his college buddies at a bar and trying to play billiards while just a tad bit tipsy. One of his friends who he was with at the time had been jokingly using the pool stick like a sword. All it took was for him to hit one person, leaving a blue chalk stain on the person’s clothes, before they were all kicked out. After that, Jin and his friends often decided it was best not to try and play billiards after a few drinks. With laughs filling the room, Jin couldn’t help but to agree with Alex. “Oh, I’m sure we’re going to have a great night. Just don’t take my eye out, okay?” he teased with a cheeky grin.

As the two continued talking, the final inning of the baseball had been completed. Noticing this, Alex had changed the channel, putting on a different game, and sport. Jin’s eyes caught the two teams: Japan and England. As Alex asked him his opinion of who would win the ‘football/soccer’ game, Jin couldn’t help but explain. “Well, you see, as this is an international football game, England has the greater chance of winning. Japan is the newest team in the league, which doesn’t mean that they are bad by any means. They just have less pro-game experience, which you can tell in the way that they play. In fact, so far in the official season, they have the most interceptions out of all of the teams. I’m sure after a few more years of being in the professional, international league, they’ll fit in and be a fierce competitor just like all of the other teams.” Jin, although he wasn’t overly passionate about most sports, did enjoy soccer. He personally only cared about a few teams and players, more specifically, but he still kept up with the overall scores and league standings.

((OOC: ))
By Bi Blitz

vampireglub

Demonic Vampire

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:03 am
User Image

Alexander grinned sheepishly as the other man laughed at the the shop owners unfortunate accident way long ago. He remembered how the teacher had been so mad at him but understood that it wasn't on purpose, that of course didn't stop him one bit from punishing Alex though. Alexander would then let out another deep chuckle at Jin's comment as he then grinned widely "I can't make any promises but if I do nail you then I'll cover any medical bills. I promise!" the tone he was speaking in was joking but he would admit that he was being somewhat serious, that was how little faith Alex had in his own skills! Just thinking about somehow hitting Jin with a billiard caused him to internally wince a bit, he'd definitely play very carefully when they got there! Once Alex changed the channel to soccer he'd inquire about the teams and who'd possibly win. He would then listen as Jin explained that Japan was a newer team in the league which had Alex nodding his head a bit in understanding. The new guys on the block, huh?

Alexander would then pay close attention as he took in the information that the other was providing to him. So since England had more experience than Japan at this moment it meant that they were at a severe disadvantage, experience could certainly have a huge factor in how the game played out. Alex then let out a low whistle as Jin further explained how they had the most interceptions of all the other teams
"Not bad for the new kids on the block" he'd offhandedly comment before letting the other man continue speaking and when he finished Alexander would nod his head "I see, I'll take your word for it! From what you told me it sounds like they'll be a force to be reckoned with once they have more experience!" he'd turn his gaze just in time to see Japan just barely missing the goal and he'd grin a bit. Alex had to admit that he'd probably be rooting for Japan right now, he was always a sucker for the underdogs for many things. After sitting there for a moment a Alex let out a little cheer as Japan had managed to steal the ball from England and began running it back only to let out a small 'aww' when England had managed to steal it back. Now that he had a slightly better understanding of the teams currently playing he found that he could get much more enthusiastic about the game. Suddenly Alex would let out another cheer when Japan's goalie had managed to stop the ball from going into their goal, who would have thought that Soccer/football could be so exciting to watch? Maybe he'd tune into the games more often.

vampireglub

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:48 pm
User Image

“Oh, I hope you would,” Jin teased back, the two filling the office with laughter. If Alex really seemed that dangerous when playing, Jin would happily offer up some pointers. Even if he was rusty from going years without playing billiards, he at least wouldn’t classify himself as ‘dangerous’. Jin could easily teach him how to properly hold the pool stick, how to break, and how to keep the pool balls on the table.

As the two moved on from talking about billiards to talking about soccer, Jin had explained the likely outcomes of the game, with reasoning. “I definitely think they’ll be a strong competitor within the next five years. The head coach, Hajime Moriyasu, knows what he’s doing and players like Kunishige Kamamoto, Maya Yoshida, and Yasuhito Endo, have what it takes to be top competitors. It’s just the rest of the team that needs to find their harmony in the pro-leagues yet.” Jin explained.

With his name, appearance, and pronunciation of the Japanese players’ names, it was quite clear that Jin was likely Japanese. His name in English simply translated to ‘tenderness’ which fit him well, as he was generally a kind and gentle person. Like him, his daughter’s name, Aiko, was also Japanese. It had been a toss-up for some time between him and his now ex-wife on who would name the baby, but Jin won when their baby was revealed as a girl. Jin had specifically chosen the name Aiko for his daughter, as it meant ‘little loved one’ and she lived up to it. Although her mother may have walked out on her, Jin loved her with everything he had be it time, money, or energy. She, hands down, was the most precious thing in his entire life. Honestly, although his morning hadn’t gone as planned, he just felt lucky that Aiko wasn’t in the car with him at the time of the crash and that he was able to walk away from it with just shock and salvageable car damage. Although it wasn’t much, when he picked her up from daycare tomorrow, he was definitely going to hold her close. Although he knows he already spoils her, he vowed to spoil her even more after this because she deserved it and Jin wanted her to know that. Aiko, no matter the day or the circumstance is and always will be his little loved one. For tonight though, Jin got to focus on healing himself mentally before he devoted his everything to her again.

By Bi Blitz

vampireglub

Demonic Vampire

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:09 pm
User Image

Alexander's sheepish grin widened a bit at the others comment, he most certainly would cover the medical bills! It was a funny thought at the very least to think that he even had to say that in the first place, funny and a bit sad, but mostly funny! As the two then went on to talk about soccer he listened to the others statement regarding how they'll be a strong competitor within the next five years, OK well that was nice to know. Then hearing the other talk about the head coach and then naming off a few of the players caused the shop owner to grin a bit and nodded his head at Jin "Now you've got me interested, I'll probably be following them from now on" now Alex just wanted to keep up with the team so that he could watch them grow and evolve as a team. Win or loss he was intrigued to see where this team would go in the future! Alex could appreciate it when someone knew their stuff about any topic in particular and it seemed like Jin had a lot of know how about the Japanese team. With everything it had become pretty clear that the man was of Japanese origin which explained the perfect pronunciation of the men's names. It was a far cry from if Alexander had tried to say any of the more complicated names, he would have butchered them so badly.

Alexander would then offer the other man a warm smile as a thought just occurred to him
"Jin what do you say we grab something to eat before heading to the bar? Usually around that time will be when I cook dinner for Ann and Ace, is that alright with you?" he'd inquire, wondering if the other man would be OK with it. Alexander was just trying to be practical at this point, going to a bar and drinking on an empty stomach was never a wise idea in his opinion and it would be late into the afternoon before they started the finishing touches on Jin's car. If Jin was OK with it then Alexander would inquire if there were any places that he liked since Alex was not a picky eater at all and would be happy with anything.

vampireglub

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:29 pm
User Image

“Dinner?” He’d ask, affirming what the other said. “I could definitely go for some food, as I haven’t eaten since breakfast this morning.” He answered honestly, having not previously thought about drinking on an empty stomach. Personally, it was better for Jin that Alex had recommended food, as Jin’s East Asian heritage came with an inherited deficiency in one of the enzymes involved in the breakdown of alcohol. This genetic deficiency, paired with his upbringing, were the reasons why he wasn’t one to party growing up. Sure, Jin liked a drink every once and a while, but he couldn’t drink as much as others, as it affected him more strongly, causing his face to get flush and making him sick to his stomach faster than usual.

“I’m personally not too picky when it comes to food and I’m not all that familiar with the restaurant scene around here yet so you’re more than welcome to pick a place,” Jin explained. Personally, Jin rarely went out to eat, as he preferred to stay home with Aiko than to go out. The only time he really took Aiko out was for special occasions such as her birthday and when Jin was too tired to put effort into making food. On the days when he was simply too worn out, Jin would bring Aiko in to a local diner, as Nathan’s mom, Sarah, worked there as a server. Jin didn’t feel bad going there when he was tired, as the activity menus kept Aiko busy and as it gave Jin an opportunity to support Sarah’s family and a local eatery.

By Bi Blitz

vampireglub

Demonic Vampire

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:03 pm
User Image

Alexander would nod his head with a smile on his face when the other when the other affirmed what he'd asked. The fellow Father would then hear the other mention how he hadn't eaten since breakfast which caused him to frown "You have lost a majority of your day, haven't you!" he frowned, shaking his head a little bit before checking the time. It was mid afternoon at this point which meant that Jin hadn't even had lunch yet "God I wish I'd noticed the time, I would have gotten you something to eat at least. Sorry!" he apologized to Jin, he was a bit of a poor host now wasn't he? Their time had been spent watching sports and light conversation a majority of the day since the other arrived in with his car. It had been an hour or so since he last checked in on his boys and the projected time they'd be done with the car was still a bit off. Nonetheless Alexander would pause to look at a box next to the couch where he kept snacks for Ann and Ace before frowning, empty. His kids must have finished off the last bag the other day, he'd need to buy another box tomorrow. Alexander would then listen to the other speak after he inquired about where he'd like to eat. Hearing the other wasn't too picky and his unfamiliarity with the area had Alex thinking for a moment. What was a good place to get dinner before they went to the bar? After a moment some places came to mind "Hm well besides the usual chain restaurants there's a pizza shop that my kids adore, they have some pretty good home made pizza but they're always packed late in the day" he began "Then there's a Hibachi place on the other side of town, they're a bit pricey but the food is really good!" he'd only been able to eat there once or twice though since Ann and Ace were not fans of the food served there, if it wasn't made by their Father or in the shape of a dinosaur, or pizza they were picky little eaters.

Alexander continued to think as he wanted to lay more options out just because even if Jin said he wasn't picky everyone had a preference of what they liked to eat
"Then there's the family run Mexican restaurant a few blocks down the road, I'm not the biggest fan personally since everything on their menu is spicy but my boys here like it" Alexander wasn't a total wimp when it came to spicy food, he just didn't like experiencing pain when he was trying to eat and dammit the Mexican food they served was just plain spicy. At least when he ordered from the Hibachi place the spicy was balanced by other flavors that made it tolerable, even pleasant. Finally of the top of his head there was one more place "Then there's our local diner, real good food and the prices are reasonable. Just kinda your typical diner fare and all that" there was of course nothing wrong with diner food at all, it was just what you'd expect. Alex did have to admit they had a mean burger. There were a few other places that were around here but many of them were restaurants that he'd never eaten at yet and couldn't judge well "Anything catch your attention? Wherever we go I can foot the bill if you want, you paid more than enough already with the car repairs" Alexander knew exactly what Jin paid for and figured that it felt right to extend the offer to cover diner for the two of them, it only seemed like the right thing to do.

vampireglub

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:07 pm
User Image

“Oh, it’s no problem. Honestly, I didn’t even notice that I hadn’t eaten until you mentioned getting food,” he explained. It wasn’t uncommon for Jin to miss lunch when he was at work, because he often had a plethora of meetings, travelling, and designing to do. When he was lucky, a coworker would bring a snack in to celebrate their birthday or retirement, or a meeting would be catered, but both of those were few and far between. Generally, Jin would be too busy in the mornings to make himself lunch as he often woke up, worked out a bit, got ready, woke Aiko up, got her ready, made them both breakfast, and would then pack Aiko’s lunch before they both headed out the door. In the future, he’d like to try food prep on the weekends to see if that would reduce preparation and packing times during the week and potentially lower his grocery bill.

Jin then listened as Alex listed off a few options. Personally, Jin wasn’t a huge fan of things like pizza unless Aiko really wanted it, so he ruled out the pizza shop. Hearing about the Hibachi restaurant, he made a mental note of it and Alex’s commentary on the price of it. With his ethnic background, he usually opted for Asian cuisine such as curry, dim sum, Filipino pancit, katsudon, and Pad Thai. Since Aiko has been able to express her tastes, he’d eaten more and more cuisine common in America such as pizza, burgers, and so on that he hadn’t really grown up with. Jin also wasn’t the biggest fan of Mexican food, not that he didn’t like spice, he just wasn’t a huge fan of tacos, guacamole, enchiladas, or other hispanic dishes simply because they were so foreign to him. “Well, if it’s alright with you, I’d personally prefer to go to the Hibachi restaurant.” He expressed openly and honestly while still giving the other the opportunity to say no. “Also, your hospitality here has been more than enough, so let me get dinner,” he explained, offering the other a kind smile. For Jin, money wasn’t really an issue as he was a well paid architect for a private company and if he was the one deciding on the location, he figured he should be the one to pay. That, and Jin had quite a bit of money saved up, as he was quite frugal when he got the choice to be. Sure, he dressed nice and worked for a fancy company, but he lived modestly: owning a small two-bedroom townhome, driving a pretty fuel efficient vehicle, and keeping material items minimal. Jin, even back in his college days, was a budgeter: working hard and saving his money for bigger and better things like buying his own car, his first home, and so on.

By Bi Blitz

vampireglub

Demonic Vampire

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:05 pm
User Image

Alexander frowned a bit when the other explained that he hadn't even noticed noticed that he missed lunch. Alexander knew very well the feeling and knew that it was not a healthy thing to do at all for ones body "Well that's no good, skipping lunch isn't very healthy" although if he were being honest Alex was being quite the hypocrite right now as he'd blatantly skipped lunch himself, sometimes he had the foresight to pack himself a sandwich or something but those times were few and far between. Usually he was so wrapped up in running the shop and tending to his kids that the only time he ever got to eat lunch regularly was when he allowed himself to work from home on the weekends when his kids were off from school, then he'd sit down with them and eat lunch. As such he really didn't have any room to be chiding Jin at all but he couldn't help it, Alexander wanted others to do the best for themselves but often didn't do the best for himself.

As he went on to list off different places Alex figured it was only right to let Jin decide on where to go and eat, Alex was the one who chose the bar after all so it was only fair. Honestly Alex had only suggested the Hibachi restaurant because it was one of his personal favorite places to go. The chefs at the place were very good as the food they serve was probably some of the best Asian food he'd ever had, that and the chefs always put on such a great show for the guests at their respective tables. He remembered how his kids loved the show but were not fans of the food which had disappointed the Father quite a bit as he loved this place. Sadly though the only times he was able to go was when he occasionally treated his boys in the garage for whenever he saw they were working especially hard. So when Jin expressed interest in going to the Hibachi restaurant Alexander's face lit up, very happy with the other man's choice
"I'm perfectly happy with it, their food is amazing!" well now he was also excited that he was getting to treat his new friend with dinner to one of Alex's personal favorite places to eat! However when the other man stated that he wanted to get dinner Alex would shake his head a little bit before an amused chuckle came rumbling out of his chest for a moment "Very well, I won't argue but if you're getting dinner then I'm buying the drinks at the bar. Deal?" he offered the other man, unwilling to let the other foot the entire bill of their outing with each other. A thought would then occur to the Father as he looked at Jin "I was thinking, would you like to carpool?" he questioned "If you give me your address then you can drive home, we can change and get comfortable, and then I can pick you up and we can then go out. Especially since I know the way there after all" it only seemed logical to Alex, Jin openly admitted that he wasn't too familiar with the town yet so the fellow Father saw little reason for the other to waste gas when they could just make things easier on both of them. It would also help Jin get a bit more familiar with the layout of the town.

vampireglub

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:22 pm
User Image

Jin knew that missing lunch wasn’t healthy, but he was notorious for it. Between missing lunch during the workweek and only eating brunch on the weekends, he really only ate two meals a day. Although he knew this lifestyle wasn’t the healthiest, he still continued on this way: eating two larger meals during the day rather than spreading meals out and snacking more properly. Jin’s lack of a proper dietary schedule was likely what was holding him back in terms of energy and muscle building, but he usually pushed it off by simply telling others he was ‘fasting’ and neglecting to make an effort to really change it.

When Jin selected the hibachi restaurant, he was happy to see Alex’s face light up. Jin personally didn’t know that the hibachi restaurant was one of Alex’s favorites and that Alex didn’t get to go there often because it wasn’t his kids’ taste, but from the genuine smile, he could assume that Alex was, at the very least, happy to go there with him. Jin personally made Aiko try just about everything, but she was still picky, like most children. Aiko’s current favorites were typical American fare: hamburgers and pizza. Jin, on the other hand, having been raised in a strict Asian household, preferred Japanese and other Asian cuisine but he often, like Alex, had to sacrifice his personal tastes for the tastes of his daughter.

Then, as the two continued talking, Jin offering to pay for dinner, Alex offered to pay for drinks. “Well, I’ll gladly take you up on that offer,” he offered the other a soft smile. Alex then continued speaking, the conversation taking a slight turn. “It would be nice to go home and get out of this stuffy suit,” he laughed honestly. “If you don’t mind, I’ll also take you up on that offer,” he said, hoping to get the chance to hang up his work suit and change into something more comfortable like a pair of joggers, a white shirt, tennis shoes, and a complimentary light jacket. Jin also really appreciated the others offer, especially since he personally didn’t really feel like driving much after the day he had had, let alone the fact that he didn’t really know the way around the town yet.

By Bi Blitz

vampireglub

Demonic Vampire

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:11 pm
User Image

Alexander was thankful when the other man would end up accepting his counter offer of paying for the drinks once they got to the bar. It just didn't feel right for Alex to not pay for something on their little outing together, he was always one who didn't mind footing bills for others so it was strange to have someone else insist on paying but he was glad with the arrangements either way. Alex would then make his suggestion and smiled a bit at the other man when he agreed to the offer "Awesome! Then it's all set" Alexander would then listen to the other man talk about how he'd be happy to get out of his stuffy suit which caused Alex to nod "I figured, wearing a suit for so many hours is probably pretty uncomfortable!" he stated with an amused grin on his face. They certainly looked nice and Jin rocked his suit very well but Alex remembered the last time he needed to wear a full suit and how he practically tore the thing off as soon as he got home. Dressing for comfort was one of his favorite things when he got home and just being able to slide into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt would be so much better than the slacks, button up, and tie he wore to work every day. Or maybe another button up would be in order but without the tie? Alex didn't mind button ups, it was when he needed to tuck them in and wear a tie with them was when it became a work outfit for him. Either way Alex would then get up and grabbed his block of sticky notes and a pen from his desk and handed it to Jin "Here, this way I won't forget your address!" it wasn't likely to happen but Alex just wanted to make sure.

Finally time would pass of the two making pleasant conversation about this and that before the sound of knocking on his door could be heard before one of the mechanics stepped into the office, smelling of sweat and motor oil "Hey Sir, your car is finished" the mechanic would quickly state before stepping back out into the garage which caused Alex to smile
"Well it's about that time! They should have your car all set up and ready! See you in a bit!" Alex felt a bubbling excitement in the pit of his stomach, the fact that he was finally making a friend that he could relate to was so exhilarating! He'd given Jin his cell phone number so that they could contact each other for when they were ready. For his part Alex only had a few lose ends to tie up here at the garage before he left for the day and went home to change for their guys night.

vampireglub

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:06 pm
User Image

Jin personally was used to wearing suits, as it was part of his job, but he always felt that suits were meant for work and other, more comfortable clothes, were meant for free time. Honestly, changing after work gave Jin a sense of separation between his work and home life, especially since he got a divorce. In the past when he was still with his ex-wife, Jin would often wear his suits all evening, only changing into his more comfortable, athletic wear when he was working out or fixing something, as his ex-wife preferred him in the suits because it made him look "more esteemed". Personally, Jin just believed his ex-wife liked showing off to others, Jin's suits having exuded a more refined, wealthier, and put together lifestyle. With that, it was no surprise that his ex-wife remarried her boss who was a well-known man, known for his business success and wealth.

Jin filled out his address on the sticky note, with a description of his specific house, as he lived in a townhome connected to other similar homes. Almost all of the interconnected homes were the same, inside and out, however, most of the owners put their own personal flair on their respective houses in an effort to differentiate themselves from the others. Jin's house, specifically, was the only interconnected brick house with a black front door, black window frames, and a porch light with a semi-realistic flame effect.

As Jin finished writing his address, one of the mechanics walked in, telling him that his car was now ready. Jin followed the mechanic, taking his car on the long way home, making sure it was running smoothly. Once he got to his place, he picked up the few toys that lay around the house, putting them back in Aiko's bedroom. He then took a quick shower before getting changed into a pair of black joggers, a light grey shirt, and a black jean blazer. Jin then combed and ruffled his hair, putting on a little bit of his cologne before grabbing his cellphone, wallet, and keys in wait of Alex.

By Bi Blitz

vampireglub

Demonic Vampire

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:37 pm
User Image

Alexander would take the sticky note back and read the address, nodding his head with a grin. Alright, it was all set! The fact that Jin even took it step further and left a description of the house which would help quite a bit for the Father. Alex made sure to say his goodbyes to Jin and once he was completely alone in his office a big grin formed on his face as the as he couldn't help but let out an excited cheer and fist pump. He was literally going out with a friend! Or at least a soon to be friend! He hadn't done this since before his late wife was pregnant! The bubbling anticipation and excitement in his gut was a dead giveaway to the shop owner of how he was feeling, he hadn't felt like this since the last time he took his kids out on vacation with Helena. Just then his office phone began ringing. Oh no, he wasn't going to be able to focus on work for his remaining time here at this rate. Nonetheless he sat down and picked up the phone as he took a call regarding parts he ordered for the shop but the entire time it was obvious that Alexander was a bit distracted for the call but blessedly the man on the other end didn't comment on it. Once the call ended Alexander tried to distract himself by filling out some remaining and not so urgent forms but even then he was pointedly distracted.

Thankfully the time would come when the manager of the shop came in and would take over handling the shop for the rest of the day and well into the night. With that Alex wasted no time as he drove home to get changed and ready for his and Jin's guys night. Alexander would pull into the driveway of his modest three bedroom house with a sizable backyard while the house itself was painted a vibrant canary yellow on the behest of Alexander himself since it was his favorite color. His late wife had wanted to paint it a much more modest beige or gray so not to be so 'Garish' and to not stand out so much. However Alexander had managed to convince her that it would be much better looking than some dingy, boring gray and thankfully she saw what he saw when it was completed and came around. Helena was always much more for blending in and was always a bit modest in everything she did, she once said that dating him was the boldest thing she'd ever done.

Alexander would step out of his car just in time to suddenly feel two weights come crashing into his legs as he was making his way to the front door. A soft chuckle would come from him before looking down to see Ann and Ace beaming up at him. He'd glance over to his neighbors house where DJ was grinning, apparently they were playing in the yard when Alex came home. The Father would lean down and hugged both his kids and smiled at the two of them
"Having fun you two?" he'd inquire before Ace quickly piped up "Yeah! DJ is playing super heroes with us!" "Yeah he's the bad guy we're the heroes Miss Butterfly!" "And Claw!" the both proudly proclaimed which caused Alex to smile and rub both their heads affectionately "Well I hope Miss Butterfly and Claw are behaving themselves!" the two kids would laugh a bit before running back to the others yard where Lindsay came out with a snack for the kids. While they got distracted Alex was about to slip into his house but Lindsay managed to catch him and offhandedly mentioned him going on a 'date' which caused DJ to blink in surprise while Alexander flushed a bit and shook his head "Lindsay stop it, I'm just going to Dawson's to hang out with another Dad I met. He has a kid" Alexander would a bit in satisfaction when he saw the woman deflate when she found out it was another guy and that he was also a Dad. Well that blessedly stopped that train of thought, thank goodness his kids didn't hear.

With that dealt with Alexander would then proceed to step into his house and would shower to clean up, even if he wasn't in the garage itself he still often had the smell of motor oil clinging to him which was just inevitable. Alex would then get changed into a nice soft pink button up and blue jeans before then running a comb through his hair and smiled at his appearance. Was it too much? Well he didn't go out for anything too often so why not go the extra mile? With that Alex would spritz a bit of his favorite cologne on before then running the smallest amount of gel through his hair to tame his otherwise unkempt hairstyle. He did brush it once a day but Alex never put forth any effort in maintaining any kind of style and just let it fall into whatever style it chose. Nodding at himself in the mirror Alex would then collect his wallet and car keys before heading back out to his car where he'd wave goodbye to his kids for the rest of the day before making his way to Jin's home. The drive wasn't long, he only lived a mile and a half a away where the townhouses were located and he'd slow down a bit as he drove, looking down at the note with his address and description Alex would finally find the one that matched it to a T and smiled, it looked very nice. The black of the windows and door was a nice contrast to the red bricks. Alex would pull in out front of the others house and stepped out and approached the home before reaching up and knocking on the front door. Maybe he should have called instead, what if this was a house of a similar description? No, it was the address listed so this had to Jin's home!

vampireglub

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:03 pm
User Image

Jin, ready to leave whenever the time hit, idly spent his time cleaning little things, putting his excited energy into something productive. He put a load of clothes on wrinkle out and folded them, putting Aiko’s clothes in her pink dresser and putting his clothes in his closet. He then took the time to put some mid-century jazz on the sound system in his living room while he vacuumed the living room and swept and mopped the kitchen. Jin kept his home very neat and tidy, often waking up at the crack of dawn to work out and clean up as much as possible before waking Aiko up. Having the time and energy now, meant that he’d get to sleep in tomorrow morning, which was a rare happenstance as is, let alone during the work week.

After cleaning up most of the small two bedroom townhome, Jin took a small break, calling Sarah in hopes of talking with Aiko. Jin spent a few minutes speaking with Sarah before she passed the phone off, Aiko starting off with a small and shy, “hello?”. Once Jin began speaking, he could hear the happiness and excitement in Aiko’s childish giggles. Jin spent time asking her how her day at the daycare had been, listening as she explained they had sung the ABCs, counted from 1 to 50, and were working on their reading today. Jin then took some time to explain what had all happened today, making sure to explain everything carefully so as not to worry Aiko, as he was alright and the car had been swiftly fixed. Aiko asked a lot of questions, her curiosity taking over. Aiko was known for asking questions, Jin calling these moments ‘Aiko’s favorite game: 20 questions’. After answering her questions, Jin went on to tell Aiko to be on her best behavior and to listen to Sarah. Jin then finished the call up with Aiko, saying goodbye and thanking Sarah again for helping him out on such short notice.

As Jin finished up his call, he heard a knock at the door. He hurried over, a smile forming on his face as he saw Alex on the other side. Jin couldn’t help but notice that Alex was dressed nicely, the pink button-down pairing well with his lightly tanned skin, and the blue jeans giving the outfit a more comfortable but classy look. Jin really liked the bold look, admiring Alex’s confidence in wearing a light pink button-down, something that Jin had never even thought of attempting. He was sure Aiko would love seeing him in pink, and decided to make a mental note to buy a shirt like Alex’s next time he went clothes shopping.

“Welcome,” Jin exclaimed, “hopefully you didn’t have a hard time finding the place, with all the townhomes looking similar and all.” Jin personally wasn’t a huge fan of buildings being so similar and cookie cutter as they often lacked personal touch and character, but he found ways to make the townhome his own. “Well, shall we head out before the restaurant fills up?” He asked, recognizing that they were quickly approaching dinner time.

By Bi Blitz

vampireglub

Demonic Vampire

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:40 am
User Image

Alexander was only left waiting for but a few moments before the door opened to reveal Jin, much to the Father's relief. So he didn't get the wrong home somehow! Alex would then give the other a small but bashful smile before shrugging his shoulders "I'll admit I got a bit anxious for a split second, even with your note and everything I was still second guessing myself for some reason" he laughed a bit, shaking his head at the silliness of it all. He had the written address and even a description of the home that looked so different from any of the other homes in the neighborhood. Normally Alexander was a rather confident man but of course go figure that when he finally begins working at getting a friend he becomes nervous for no reason at all. He really was disconnected from other people he could get along with on a personal level if he was getting all fussed over something normal people did everyday. Alexander would then proceed to nod his head when the other commented that they should head out to the Hibachi restaurant and he'd motion to his car, a blue kia spectra. It was a simple car but it was nice enough looking and it got him from point A to point B, also helped that it was an extremely reliable car as well. He would then hop into the car after clicking the remote to unlock the passenger side door and once Jin was inside Alexander would pull out of the driveway and began making his way to the Hibachi restaurant. As they drove with the radio playing 'Country Roads' Alex would look over at Jin briefly and smiled a bit "You look nice, I like the blazer" he paid a compliment to the other man with a small smile on his face as he drove down the road, making a turn at the intersection "Feels almost weird, you know? Having a guys night after years of dedicating myself to being a Father, almost feels like I forgot my kids at home or something. You know?" it was no secret that once you became a parent your own wants and desires were put on the back burner in favor of doing what was right for your kids. And after so many years of doing everything for your kids it felt strange to suddenly be doing something for yourself and not including your kids in some way.

vampireglub

1x1 RPs (Yaoi or Yuri)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas