[PLOT] Tavern Crawling [FINISHED] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was the late evening, too late for traversing outside by most's standards. The moon hung in the air, nearly rendering the street lamps useless, while the air had cooled to a degree where one could just see their breath form. Her form was covered by a large overcoat to hider her distinctive features - they wanted to draw as little attention to them as possible, less someone start asking the wrong kinds of questions.

Knowing Laz, she'd answer them truthfully. That wouldn't be good.

Located at the transitional zone between the Market and Pleasure Districts, an characteristically loud crowd was still coming to-an-fro from a large building with a modest exterior. Unlike most other establishments, this one thrived in the evening hours - inside you could find most manners of things meant to entice the wealthier merchants into loosening up their lips and purses. Plentiful drink, hearty foods, endless performance and music, and even those from the neighboring district aiming to court their next 'business' partner with a more, ahem, hands-on approach.

The same could be said of some of the performers, and Shah was not one to feel remorseful about picking a favorite on her nights and setting to empty their wallet. It was all a calculated strategy to business, and there was a certain etiquette among the staff, full-time or not, regarding it.

Again, another reason not to be noticed tonight. It would be the first time Laz had seen Shah's primary place of work, and she'd rather minimize the potential for misunderstandings or poor impressions. All it would take was one drunkard to recognize her and say the wrong thing, and her Lazzy-boo would be all in a mood for the foreseeable future. Couldn't have that. Likewise, she couldn't have these mongrels thinking that her Laz was up for their consideration.

Her tail flicked under her large coat as she made eye contact with Laz.

"Shall we enter?"

shadica

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:30 pm
User ImageTo say Lazuryt was nervous would be an understatement. First of all this was the first time she was going to see where Shah worked! Second they where out super late and third they where trying to get info on a place where people wouldn't mind having faun around without raising suspicions.

Like Shah she had worn a large overcoat not that she was cold but she figured if Shah was wearing one it was probably a good idea to try and stay hidden, she had a hat on as well.

"Yes." She responded trying not to sound nervous.

shadica

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Shah nodded once to Laz before turning to enter first. A loud bell chimed as they entered.

"Welcome in!"

Glancing over with a bright smile, an angel donning some cute, if rather low cut and short length, server's attire yelled out to the pair of robed pae entering in. She was holding server's platters in either hand, nearly overflowing with freshly-poured drink, in a feat that seemed unsuited for what appeared to otherwise be a petite frame. Her almost-bob haircut fell in light curls around her shoulders, and those who looked closer might see she'd applied a degree of makeup to accentuate her eyes and add a touch of color to her otherwise white facial features.

Compared to the rowdy crowd that seemed to call out all around her, she seemed a touch out of place.

"Find a place where you'd like an' I'll be right on over~"

Her voice had a certain drawl reminiscent of the more farming-dependent areas of the island - her homeland, in fact - that hadn't quite faded since she'd started working here instead.

"Oi Maiya, hurry on up with our drinks!" a group of merchants drunk off a recently successful trade yelled before bursting into laughs and cheers all around, prompting her angel to turn with a smile and a pleasant, "Coming~"

Her most important piece spoken, she left to go bring the drinks in her responsibility to her eagerly-waiting gentlemen as her pure smile almost began to twist into a smirk.

Customers trying to hide their appearance, huh? This should be interesting~ <3

Not removing her cloak, Shah responded with a nod before glancing back at Laz, non-verbally asking for her to follow. While the rak might have preferred to wait around for a less cumbersome waitress to be on-duty for the evening, there was no telling if they had the time for that. But still... If nothing else, Maiya would be a credible source about whether or not any of the postings were legitimate. Shah casually weaved through the crowd, making sure there was room enough for Laz to follow, before situating herself at a standing-only table for two near the postings. With a sigh, she looked over at her boo, "You handling this alright?"

shadica

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:25 am
Laz followed Shah as they headed into the building. Despite how noisy it was outside she was still surprised by how rowdy it was on the inside.

The server seemed nice at least but the other patrons seemed rather rude.

When Shah nodded to her Laz followed closely. It was clear she was out of her element here so it would be best to stick close to Shah.

She glanced over the postings as she and shah made it to their standing table.

Hopefully something up there will be useful.

"I'm okay." She replied with a small nod. They weren't to close to the group that was yelling earlier so she was feeling a bit better.

"So uh what are we going to get? Preferably not alcohol for me, I think it would be a bad idea."

Yup terrible idea, with how easy she gets drunk she'd probably start yelling about the baby. Just announce to the whole world they got a weird faun thing with wings at home.

Daisicle

shadica

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:21 am
"Yes, I think non-alcoholic would be best for you." As cute as her drunken Laz was, nothing good would come of it right now. She spoke in a tone just audible to Laz, but nobody else who might have been listening. "Their brew's usually cut with water anyways, so I will take one of those. For food... Let's go with something lighter, as we shall leave it once we finish." That would be cheaper as well. She hardly had a moment to glance over at the boards before the barmaid made her arrival.

Now-emptied trays under her arms, Maiya bounded over in confident, but light strides as she easily maneuvered around the general ruckus. Once at their table, she rested one hand on her hip and about beamed - equal parts her naturally-charming demeanor and trying to gauge out how this table was going to be. The girl hadn't always been the calculating type, but this environment had taught her the necessity of being cutthroat. "Evenin' ladies~" Despite the pair's coverings, that part was easy enough to discern from the way they walked. "Welcome to The Tired Coin." The owner had been, and still was, quite proud of that name by the way. Maiya thought it was honestly stupid. "Ain't sure if y'all've heard the spiel or not before - on account of tha hoods 'n all, so lemme give it to y'all just in case. Here at The Tired Coin, we serve all variety of drink an' meal - an' for the right price, we can even rent ya a room by the hour or for tha evenin'. We gots menus written in Common Script, but I can bring ya out one in Angelic or Demonic if you'd rather that or, if'n none of those options work, you can tell me what'cha'd like an' I'll find somethin' to suit your tastes. Evenin' specials are listed on tha board past where y'all walked in," she motioned to a wooden slab that some script written on it, although it was illegible from this distance. She sighed as she shifted, her smile taking on a more troubled look. "Y'all came in pretty late, so to be honest, I'd be hard pressed to find ya much of most of the heavier items. A certain table here's celebratin' and drinking themselves ahem, us under the rug. Sorry if they end up inconveniencing you two."

A pause. Was is just her intuition speaking, or was there something familiar about one of them? She'd probably find out soon.

"Well, with that said, what can I get for y'all."

While she didn't expect it to work, Shah tried to lower her pitch as she responded without hesitation to Maiya. "We won't be needing menus, thank you. I shall take a half-pint of tonight's brew on tap and she shall have a glass of honeyed milk." She glanced up to try and get a read, but ultimately failed to see anything beyond that smile. "Light is fine - a bowl of whatever snack you have roasting tonight will suffice."

"One half-pint, one honeyed milk, and some roasted almonds - I'll send your order right up. And don't worry, my dearie Shah, I'll make sure they don't water yours down~" A giggle as her smile grew brighter. "You better tell me what you're doing here on your night off when I get back, kaaaaay~" With a wave, Maiya turned around and moved to speak with the bartender.

Well, it had been worth a shot. Once Maiya had left, Shah let our a sigh of exasperation and pulled down her hood. From the looks of things, outside of the staff, none of the regulars were here. They should be fine so long as they weren't doing anything to attract attention. "What a troublesome girl, that Maiya." She was practically oozing a 'pouting' aura. "Was that order alright for you, Laz? I can have her change it after she gets back if you'd like."

shadica

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:33 pm
"evening" she responded softly. Laz listened to the barmaid's spiel with a smile.

She looked to Shah when the girl ask what they would have. Glad that rak knew what was on the menu. She waited to speak again untill the barmaid was out of sight.

"So much for watered down." She whispered to shah.

"Ah no honeyed milk sound good!" She reached over and patted shah's hand in a there there motion as she pouted over Maiya.

shadica

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:13 pm
Shah rolled her eyes - all three of them in fact - at her comment before shrugging and mumbling back, "But you heard her, they do usually water it down." Eh, no matter. Her rather displeased expression warmed slightly at the physical contact, and she offered a small smile to Laz before glancing at the postings wall. "Would you like to check first and see if anything catches your fancy - I daresay I doubt I will have much of a preference either way."

shadica

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:23 pm
"Yeah I'll take a look." Laz nodded withdrawing her hand from Shah's as she turned to face the board

Some of the fliers looked pretty old. Others newer. There where a lot of them the first step would probably be to figure out which ones where for towns and which where for random services and businesses.

She put her hand on her cheek as she concentrated on sifting through the many fliers that adorned the wall.

shadica

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:57 pm
Newly-Added Posting
Honeysuckle House is Open for Business:

Honeysuckle House's recent renovations are now complete and our doors are receiving guests with our arms and bosoms wide open. Whether you're looking for someone to enjoy a drink with or perhaps the night, our diverse staff are here on-hand to make your dreams come true, for the right price that is.

No women or children on the premises please! If you wish to inquire about working as staff, please contact [NAME] at [ADDRESS] directly.

From our entire staff, we hope to see you soon~<3 [kiss mark]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring one of the attached vouchers for a complimentary 15 minute massage.
Valid only 1 per customer on first visit to the Honeysuckle House. Customer is not allowed to request a specific masseuse or masseur.
Valid for a standard massage only, additional services may cost extra. See staff for additional details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[all the 'vouchers' appear to have been taken already]

Fading, High Quality Parchment
Attention Squires of the Holy Order of the Light:

It has hereby been decreed that in order to advance to the final training stage before the Guardians' Test of Strength, Faith and Loyalty, preparations must be made. All squires are required to obtain protection relics from the elements by acquiring the magical sundries and trinkets the heretics possess.

Each Squire is required to secure the four items:
  • Earth Protection - a coin
  • Water protection - a cup
  • Air protection - a sword
  • Fire protection - wooden rod

The Aether protection will come from the Guardian's Light.

These items will be required to enter the final challenge field. Survival cannot be guaranteed for those failing to follow directions.

Light and Love.

Attention All Citizens of Telrunya City:

The Guardians have extended the edict for all Loyalists to also work to obtain the same protection relics.

Light and Love.

Decrepit Parchment with Graffiti
Seeking Craftmen and Hospitality Workers:

The merchant village of Agauni [henceforth "The Village"] and the O'Kane Trading Co. are seeking craftsmen and women to relocate and produce wares for easier trade among the island dwellers, along with those trained in the hospitality industry for the growing leisure sector within The Village. Those skilled in the production of common material goods and luxury items are in greatest commercial need. Certain benefits may be afforded to those working in the areas of acute demand, subject to approval.

Due to The Village's neutral stance on religion and its commercial interests, Guardian supremacists are strongly discouraged from applying. HERETICS SHOULD BURN IN THE DRAGNID

Interested parties are encouraged to visit the Village at Waplei Delta and seek an audience with Texas Pete and Criofan O'Kane for further details. DEERF***ERS. FISHSUCKERS

------------------------------------------------------

-----------
---------------------------------------

---------------------------------- [the rest of the text is illegible/faded and covered with further profanities]

Disconcertingly Sticky Parchment with Added Script
Nostalgic Wine and Jellies for Sale:

One sip - one taste - and you'll get a hit of nostalgia.

But for real though does anyone even know where you're supposed to find this?

Nah man. I've tried about all the wine markets in the city and nothing. Does anyone even know who the producer is?

My sources say they might be based out of Kurts Ranch, but I have yet to verify this. If any traders happen to find it on their routes, procure me a bottle. I'll pay double the producers asking price, guaranteed through my business's honor.
Send contact to [PAE NAME] at [ADDRESS] with your terms.

[jelly stain in the corner]

Generic Parchment
Missing Pae('il) Notice:

The City seeks information and direct assistance in discerning the whereabouts of the following pae('il):
  • Malek

Individuals with relevant knowledge are highly encouraged to speak with the City leadership for a potential reward.
Reward proportionate to validity of information and subject to change.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:32 am
Laz's eyes flicked from paper to paper, hmm missing pae sad but she didn't know what this Malek looked like so she was no help there.

Nostalgic Wines? Hmm Shah might be interested in that but there was no contact info.

Posting from the Holy order, oh boy. Ah there was one! with angry red scribbles yelling about heretics. Maybe putting it right next to the HOL one was a bad idea.

She looked closer at the one people had scribbled on. It was a flyer for a village called Agauni. They had a neutral stance on religion and where looking for craftsmen.

That could work, Laz was a potter after all and neutral stance meant they wouldn't go after the weird little baby.

Ah but the poster looked so old. Was that a bad sign?

"Hmm this Agauni place seems like it might be good."
She said softly so only Shah could hear, waving to the poster with angry graffiti.

If anything the fact that people where yelling about them liking heretics on it was a good sign.

shadica

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:56 am
Shah looked around the tavern and occasionally over towards Laz as she waited. There were quite a few postings, thought most should be fairly old at this point - the more popular ones or immediate ones tended to be taken from the wall entirely... for a price of course.

She offered a wave as her boo returned, her ear flicking towards Laz as she spoke. "Agau--..." Her other ear flicked towards the sounds of someone quickly approaching as she quickly silenced her voice.

As timing would have it, Maiya returned to their table holding a single tray - one bowel generously filled with salted and roasted almonds; one wooden mug still steaming with warmed goat's milk, sweetened with money and a touch of spice; and one glass mug near frothing over with brew - as Laz was mid-gesture. "Evenin' ladies~ I've got your order right here." She offered a smile as she placed the items in front of the respective recipients. "Now if y'all need anything else, don't hesitate to call me up, kay?" She paused for a moment to bring the tray to her side before glancing from them to the postings board with a sigh. "We really ought to get rid of that one, shouldn't we? But it's been a good tool to let those fools vent their frustrations."

"Need a pen, sweetie?" Her voice dripped like honey, but had just a touch of an edge to it. She first addressed Laz before switching to Shah with a troubled look. "Now why on earth would she interested in that one?"

"Cut her some slack Maiya, this is her first time in one of these kinds of places."

Maiya's troubled changed in a subtle manner as it transitioned from the faux one she'd put on to tease the pair to a decidedly genuine article. "She seems like a good girl, then? Why in the Guardians' name would you bring her to a place like this?" The angel glanced back behind her as general ruckus continued before looking back, her voice quieting some. "And why is she makin' such eyes at that one. You know what the rumors say about ... well, the former merchant town of Agauni."

Shah's ears twitched slightly as she glanced from Laz to Maiya. "We're not the most social pair, so no, we have yet to hear the neighborhood gossip." She placed a gold coin on the table and slid it towards their barmaid. It was a larger than average sum one would typically offer for information, clearly demonstrating the seriousness of her request and the necessity of keeping it secret. "I take it you could enlighten us?"

Glancing down at the coin, Maiya shrugged and reached down to deftly take it and place it in her sash for customers' tips. "Can't say I know anything outside of merchant rumors, but you know what they say - where there's smoke there's fire."

She paused, glancing upwards to try and recall her memory before looking at them with a serious look.

"The former merchant town of Agauni - base of the once-successful O'Kane Trading Co - a land of heretic worshipers and those who turned their back on the Guardians' eternal love. It's been years since any have made contact with a pae known to have resided there. Rumor has it that the Guardians, so hurt were they by they who'd received their holy blessings ... that they sent judgement upon the heretics dwelling there and they who proclaimed false loyalty to the Guardians themselves."

Another pause as she bit her lip and ran a hand through her hair.

"Don't know if any of that's true - it could have just be a load of propaganda spread by their competitors in hopes of scaring away business... But that seems awful dramatic to just be a rumor... or so my personal feelin' goes."

Her smile returned. "Now out of respect for my dear colleague, I won't tell management that you've been asking around about that village. Frankly, I don't care either way - they're not as gung-ho about their Guardians down on the mainland in any case. What I don't get is why y'all over here askin about it when it don't concern you."

shadica

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:49 pm
Laz wasn't expecting the barmaid to come back so soon. Of course it had to be while she was gesturing at the poster.

She took a sip of honeyed milk as Shah asked Maiya about the town.

Former merchant town? That didn't sound to promising at all.

Uh oh she was prying about why they wanted to know about that listing s**t.

"Oh well I'm looking to expand my business outside of the city and figured that since merchants came here a lot I could get some info on pae to contact about it."

She took another sip of her drink hoping that she wasn't to nervous luckily she hadn't started stuttering yet.

It was true partly, she was a potter and expanding could be good. All good lies had a grain of truth right??

"Ah but it sounds like that place isn't such a good idea. Guess I'll have to keep looking."

Please please buy it. I cant afford to seem suspicious especially when shah works here.

shadica

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:48 pm
Ahh... Well... Laz gave it her best shot - could have gone worse in any case.

Maiya smile turned into a slight smirk at Laz's answer before her shoulders began to shake. "Ah... alright honey, I'll take you at your word." Yes, Maiya's shoulders were shaking as she tried to contain her laughter. Was that her best attempt at bluffing? Whew... She certainly had a way to go. The other merchants would eat her alive like this. She wiped a tear from the corner of her eye as she looked back at Shah, "She's a real sweetheart, ain't she? You better keep her that way - this place's no good for her."

"And as token of thanks for that bit of amusement, one more tip - I hear quite a number of trade routes still bypass the Delta. You might be able to join one... for the right price of course."

As she turned to leave, she glanced over her shoulder one more time. "I'm gonna pretend this conversation never happened, okay? Tell the Madame that you came by to give notice of a leave of absence. Just make sure to properly thank me next time you show your face around here~<3 And do think of me if you find any new, interesting rumors." She winked before turning around and leaving for good this time.

Shah offered a wave back to Maiya as she left before looking back over at Laz and placing her hand on hers. "That was a good first attempt."

shadica

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:55 pm
Laz crumpled her head on the table whining miserably after the waiter left.

"Good first attempt? She was clearly trying not to laugh at meeeee. " Laz whined.

An absolute disaster is what she was. She sighed picking her head up and drinking her honeyed milk sulkily.

"At least we got some info." At least Maiya seemed to be let them leave it at that and not bring it up to others.

She hoped Shah would know her coworker well enough to know if that was a lie and Maiya was going to go straight to HOL.

She sighed as she ate some of the almonds.

shadica

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:15 pm
Shah couldn't help but smile warmly at the little fit Laz was throwing - her boo was outright adorable when she sulked about like that. It made the rak want to bully her more... but perhaps it'd be best to refrain from that until later. Couldn't get too comfortable. She reached forward to take a sip from her own drink, her nose wrinkling up as she did so. "...She brought the watered down stuff alright. Nasty is what it is." Not that most of the paeple they served it to would know the difference. She nodded once more as she glanced off towards her coworker in the distance, now hitting one patron across the back of the head with her serving plate - he must have tried to sneak a peak up her skirt or something. "She's a smart girl; came from an honest family and honest living down on the island, only for them to lose it all to one merchant's silver tongue. She works here to help pay down their debt - she might work a second job after this place closes down too in the neighboring district... but that could just be gossip."

She looked back with a smile. "If there is one thing you can trust about her, it's her word." She took another drink of her half-brew before reaching to grab an almond and pop it in her mouth. "How quickly do you suppose we should leave? And when?"

shadica

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces