Submit

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Chal turned a delicate ring over between his fingers, admiring it. His dad, Azure, had done a wonderful job finding just the right shade of green stone to complement Alma. He was certain she would love it. The pae had strived to match the bar for romance that his parents had set. He thought back to when he had asked Alma to marry him... it wasn't that hard to recall since he had only proposed a week ago.

It had taken him long enough to propose to Alma because he had to get things just right. His father had the same problem when proposing to Dyas. It must run in his blood. The memory was still fresh and clean: he had led Alma over to the brick pile, the very bricks she made for the homes on the ranch. Then he had removed one brick at a time, building a tiny brick home, talking about the life they had built with each other. When he put the final brick on the home, he revealed a simple ring made from braided alpaca hair and asked Alma to marry him. She had wanted to get married that very morning, but somehow he had managed to convince her to wait a week to do a little bit of preparing for their special celebration.

Chal wandered over to his son, hard at work prepping for the wedding, and ruffled his red hair. "When you meet that special someone, try not to wait as long as I did to commit to her. Your grandpa talks about the bond that he and mother share now... it's really something special. I can't wait to marry your mother." Chal grinned at his son's handiwork. "You're doing a great job, by the way. I think your mom will get a kick out of this."

Ne'kar looked up from his project with a goofy smile. "Sure dad, whatever you say." The teen went back to the project, dragging the paint brush across the top of a piece of wood that had been cut into a cake-like shape. Ne'kar was doing a wonderful job making the indestructible cake colorful, but he was not the best painter, at least the paint dripping down all over the place had a sort of frosting like look to it. He was also doing a great job getting the paint all over himself.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:40 pm
User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

After about the first hour of agreeing to wait for the wedding, Alma was bouncing around struggling with that. Chal's constant patience and love helped. Most of the time. Now that the day was there, Zofie and Corazon had to combine their efforts to keep her still and in the main house.

She kept looking down at the ring Chal proposed with and the smoothed marbled ring she worked on. The laborious action did a lot to keep her calmer and focused. Water and time smoothed down the stone material into something wearable, the white material veined in a grey color similar to his markings.

~~~~~
Osha returned from a trip to Venus' temple. Since her parents met there, only seemed fitting to get the flowers from there. The pae living there were happy to have a guest, even suggested she pray at some alter for a happy marriege. Some one named Hymnaios would appreciate that and bless her parents? It didn't meet the structural test, but when in Las Venus one does as the do.

So the teen gave her prayer for her parent's marriage, lighting the provided incense and left with the flowers.

Back home, went right to her father. "I got the flowers! Nice job Ne'kar, not sure about the stability there." The last part said in gest, her teasing following a wink. If her father and brother were there, where was Pip? Probably with mom, Zofie and Corazon fussing up.

Wolfs Heart

irish Night Fox
Just so you are aware <3

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:05 pm
Ne'kar shot his sister a look and waited for her to turn away before he rolled his eyes and silently mock-mimicked her. "It's more stable than the original..." he huffed. The teen decided he couldn't do much more for the cake and set his brush down. Hopefully there would be enough time for it to dry before the event started.

Chal smiled proudly at his daughter, "Oh, thank you Osha. These flowers look great." Everything was starting to come together and now Chal was left with little to do but wait and feel anxious. He wasn't nervous at all about marrying Alma, but it had been rather difficult to put something so special together so quickly. Hopefully his family would be arriving soon and they could get this thing started, he was excited to have them all come out for this too. If he was feeling this anxious, he wondered how Alma was doing, was she jumping off the walls yet. He felt he had tortured her by making her wait the week. "I wonder how your mom is doing..." he asked both the kids. He wanted to check on her, but also thought he should wait to see her until it was time.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:17 pm
Osha chuckles and teases her brother back, "Want to make a bet? I'll take your chores for two days if the cake makes it through the wedding." It probably would, but how could she pass up a chance to make a bet with her twin?

Looking back to her Father she stated, "Zofie and Corazon are with her, so probably distracted and frustrating Corazon." Not that it was particularly hard, they had been doing it since they were toddlers. Though speaking of, she had to ask, "Has anyone seen Pip?" Their big little sister was always up to great fun when they were younger. Now that she didn't play as many of those games anymore, that became suspicious.

____

Between her own preparations for the big day, Pip took a detour to the Marsh and started tossing a few grains of bird seed left over from an earlier wedding mission. "Rune-Rune Wedding is almost here, are you coming?"

Daisicle
For the invite if you wanted Asrun to join~

Wolfs Heart
We can keep it rolling just adjust if/when other join smile

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:51 pm
"No, I'm not going to make that bet. The cake isn't supposed to make it through the wedding, that's why I made it out of wood." Ne'kar said defensively. After the words came out of his mouth he paused. Oh wait... it wasn't a real cake because it was supposed to make it through the wedding. Shoot. He quickly tried to recover, not wanting his sister to make a fool of him. "But it's going to make it through the wedding anyways, so enjoy your chores."

Chal shook his head at the familiar sibling squabbles. He wouldn't have expected them to be any less competitive simply because he was getting married today. That would be asking too much. "Ah well, at least she is in good hands." He smiled in response to his daughter. Hmmm, he didn't know where Pip was, hopefully she was with Alma too...

Ne'kar thoughtlessly responded, "Oh, I saw her heading in that direction a while ago." The teen pointed unknowingly in the direction of the marsh. Maybe the grown ups or Osha would worry about Pip going off in that direction, but it wasn't something Ne'kar thought much about.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:02 pm

As he quietly walked along, Azure held Dyas' hand, stroking it with his thumb. He had to work fast to get that ring ready for Chal in time. He should have seen their marriage coming overall, but still... there hadn't been much notice. Oh well, when you know, you know. In fact, as Azure recalled, his engagement to Dyas hadn't been very long. Although they had a little bit of help from one of Venus' people. He looked over at the other half of his soul, he could feel her elation. She was the best thing that had ever happened to him, and Azure was proud of his son for doing the same.

He couldn't help but feel emotional over all of this. "Our son getting married, our teenaged grandkids... guardian's I hope they aren't introducing us to any special someone's [that would make Azure feel extra-old]... how did we get here?" Of course, Azure knew the answer to the question, but it certainly made him feel nostalgic. "It will be nice to see how the ranch has been coming along since our last visit."

Mist_of_the_Ages
Dyas' invite, but feel free to bring in Hemi and anyone else too.

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Mist_of_the_Ages

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. This was one of the happiest days of Dyas' life. Her beautiful baby boy, the image of her father, was getting married to a wonderfully sweet girl. They had already made her a grandmother with three darling children, but being married meant sharing a soul. It was a very deep bond that grew stronger over time. She always had an inkling of what Azure was thinking, but over time she could feel his emotions as plain as her own. It was a statement that they would be together forever.

Together forever. Azures hand felt warm on hers. Her beginning and middle had been with him, and so would her end. She wouldn't want it any other way. The shetani flashed a brilliant smile, practically glowing in her own excitement. How did they get here? She lifted her hand to press on her chest over her heart, before she pressed it to his chest. Mimicking how their first confession went, and many I love yous later. When they sat on the shore and she asked questions in pebbles. She didn't need to do those tricks anymore. He knew the words that couldn't pass her lips. He didn't need his ears, he just needed to listen with his heart. She still happily nodded in agreement, excited to see the ranch. And of course...

Dyas took her hand and stuck it straight to her ear to elongate it; mimicking an Alpaca. SHE WANTED TO PET THE ALPACAS.

Hemi trailed behind his folks, fingers laced in Flutterbys. It was honestly rather a large step to invite her to a wedding.

Would she get ideas about it?

They had been dating for a while now...was she expecting it? Or kids? He stole a glance beside him. Maybe he wouldn't mind a kid or two with her. He quickly shook his head; he was probably over thinking things again. "BLEH MOM! DAD! I can see you guys you know!" He yelled out, watching them flirt back and forth. "You guys get your own room after the party! I am not sharing if you're like this!"

dementia requiem asumi
imma just leave this here for ya ums

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:21 pm
Osha started smiling wider and wider as her brother took the bait. Gleefully she snapped the trap, "Oh We'll see. I guess if I am busy with chores you''ll be the only one for Pip and DYB to entertain. You are so lucky!" She had to chuckle, her hands resting over her head to stretch. The day her brother learned to see through her would be a sad day indeed. Until then, gotcha!

Pip was at the marsh? "Well, at least Asrun will keep her out of trouble. Did you ever try for the rock skipping rematch?" For being so small, Pip was frustratingly good at tossing rocks. Sure the competition now was more for a spot of pride. Funny how the stakes seemed so much higher when they were younger.

~~~~~~~

User Image

Kara approached the groom and 2/3rds of the kids. Not being able to physically see Pip made her nervous. Nothing set off any direct warning bells, but still she looked hard around them before finally saying what she came here for. "Everything is set up besides the food. Ms. Zofie has that covered. Aloiki is getting the calmest of the herd" aka the ones that could tolerate Alma "to bring out to greet any guests. Should be ready shortly." First wedding on the Ranch, everything had to go perfectly. Granted this was the first wedding she'd ever seen so hard to tell one way or the other.

"Anyone want to join the welcoming party?" She said anyone but was looking at the teens.

Wolfs Heart
Gonna keep it rolling, next post I'll bring out the bride and party for the start of the ceremony

Mist_of_the_Ages

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:25 pm

You know who was having a pleasant day by herself in the marsh, or at least trying to? A certain naiad by the name of Asrun. She'd had a lot to think over recently, what with the whole spirit healer thing and all... she really ought to talk to Zofie about that at some point, shouldn't she?

REGARDLESS, there was something else currently preoccupying the naiad's time and attention. That is to say, there was literal bird seed being thrown on top of her.

After a few bubbles formed in the location of the seed, a pair of eyes cooly staring from just above the surface popped out. Then a head, Asrun's head.

"Ya know I ain't a real fish right?" A sigh. "Now what's this 'bout a weddin'?"

EvilSilverDragon

In a dungeon far, far, far away on the other side of the marsh, a certain shetani was unaware of how his family's lives were continuing on without him.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:19 pm
Pip giggled for a full minute dancing from one foot to the other, "Bird seed is for the birds not fishes, silly." Her smile was a mile long as she answered, "My Mommy and Daddy are getting married today! You should come!" Asrun did promise her after all. This is the best day for that promise!

She held out her small hand towards her second best friend. Bestie is first and Trouble was her sister so she didn't count. Nope, Asrun got the second best friend place proudly.

Daisicle
Cria--I mean Malek you are breaking my heart

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:36 pm
If it had been anyone but Pip, Asrun probably would have rolled her eyes til the cows came home. But she couldn't quite muster that level of sarcasm out for the moment, especially with how genuinely excited she seemed. "Oh, was that today?" Funny how time passed when you were mostly hanging out with yourself in the water. She dunked back into the water to get the seed out of her hair before swimming closer with a shooing motion, directing the tot to give her room on the shoreline.

A few awkward scoots and kicks later, one Asrun with legs was on the shore. Dripping, yes, but landbound. She took Pip's hand as she stood up and looked on down, not really making an effort to keep the water in her hair from dripping downward. "Lead the way."

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:53 pm
Pip let out a dramatically large gasp as Asrun came out of the water. Didn't even have to use the 'you promised' line! Dancing away from her to give the room.

Once she had Asrun's hand, the child flapped her little wings just enough to practically hug her hand.

Once her feet were on the ground she happily started skipping forward to guide Asrun to wedding set up. Wouldn't be fair to get her in with Corazon but maybe Ailoiki wasn't too busy to keep them company?

Daisicle

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:15 pm
Ne'kar didn't see any problem with entertain DYB and Pip, it sounded much, much better than doing chores that he would inevitably screw up and have to do all over again. The boy perked up when he saw Kara though. "I will!" he quickly responded, maybe he would get to follow cool uncle Hemi around after he showed up. He didn't have to do anything else to get ready for the wedding anyways... except maybe clean up all this paint... oh well!

Chal smiled as Kara approached with an update on how everything was going. It looked like things were going smooth. That was the best part about living in a village, it was a great community where everyone could pull together for a special occasion. "Perfect, thank you. Now all that's left to do is get in my place I guess... but I wonder if I should go collect Pip first." They certainly wouldn't start with their first child missing. Hmm, Chal's mind drifted to his brother Malek who would be missing this special day. He grew solemn for a moment lost in his own thoughts.

Azure chuckled at Dyas as she mimicked the alpaca that Chal talked so fondly of. "I'm sure we can make that happen." He glanced back at Hemi and Flutterby when his son started to make fun of his and Dyas' affections. The male stopped in his tracks, tugging on Dyas' hand and giving her a mischievous look. He may be a grandpa now, but that wasn't going to kill his fire. "Son, let me show you how it's done." He grinned as he swooped in to give Dyas a passionate kiss in a way that he would not have done in front of Raken, but would definitely do for the sake of embarrassing his son, and because he was madly in love with his wife, as he should be.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:36 am
Kara smiled, reaching out to ruffle Ne'kar's hair, "We are going to have to look into assigning you welcoming community duties one of these days." If they got to the main house, Zofie had them taken care of, but between there and the entrance who ever greeted them change the experience.

Pip liked to do it, but that child was more apt to play then greet. Speaking of, Kara informed Chal of two little bits of information, "I saw her going to get Asrun. We are either going to have a lot of birds at this event," Why did they need birds? The mind of the child was beyond her, "Or this ranch will become a sunflower field in a few months." That little bit of mischief was caught just a bit too late. Teach her to assume Pip would be with her mother or siblings.

"I'll get moving, can't wait for the ceremony." Patting Chal on the shoulder rather firmly, she smiled wildly at them before moving on. One more pass around the ranch just to be extra sure everything was in place. Nothing like an alpaca escape to muck up this perfect day.

User Image

Zofie stepped carefully out of the house, still keeping Alma in. Her normal exuberance was legendary. Her excitement for today could barely be contained. Honestly reminded her about how excited Alma was when she was pregnant.

On the table to the left of the set up chairs facing the steps up to the main house. With arches and easy access to the reseption meal, this was the easiest place for an alter. Nothing fancy and as one of the Village Leaders, it would be her job to officiate. She couldn't be more honored if it were her own daughter. Slightly more surprised but no less honored.

Before they started, she made sure to put out small breads, sandwiches and fruit juice for the guests. Hopefully they would make it in time.

One wouldn't, her eyes turned to the Dragnid. Knowing what she knew now, the angle felt like she was betraying the whole family. Guilt chewed on her most nights. Breviary and reckless were two different things even when her heart still spurred her to action. Soon, though not soon enough.

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:54 pm
Asrun let Pip lead the way until she was at the small set-up, her hair largely dry at this point. When she arrived, she traded a knowing, but reassuring look with Zofie. They'd not really talked about it since they'd returned, but the pair now shared quite the secret.

To the unfamiliar guests, she offered a rather distant, perhaps even cold, gaze as she looked them over. So this lot was the other kid's extended family? They were probably fine then, but one could never be too sure.

Freeing her hand from Pip, she instead used it to ruffle the girl's hair lightly. "Alrighty, where d'ya want me kiddo?"

EvilSilverDragon

Quote:
Asrun kinda looks over all the new guests, just a heads up

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out