Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:23 pm
AstoriaFallen
Thoughts, they kept him occupied but that wasn't always good enough. Visions haunted him, the future and things that have yet to come to pass and they often put him on edge.

Pacing around his new homeland he took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. There was so much to learn about the pride and it's members, so it was enough of a focus on that for a majority of the time. The sounds of birds and other small creatures created an ambient noise that was relaxing and allowed him a brief pause to focus upon, but it never lasted long. Still, he enjoyed it when he could get it.

Finding a quiet spot he took a seat and flicked his ears, someone was coming this way. Perhaps he'd have someone to converse with shortly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:24 pm
Qimmatli squinted her eyes up at the stars.

"Mhm... uh huh... so it's just... like..." The lioness turned her eyes back towards the ground and used a claw to scribble out a few dots. She connected them with a line, then tilted her head to the side. "No, that's not right," she mumbled to her self. "Looks more like a snake tied in a knot than anything else..."

She looked up at the sky again, squinted, then sighed. Someone had told her that you could find images in the stars in the sky. Not just that, but whole entire stories were etched up there. It was something a passing leopard group had told her in her time wandering the rogue lands.

That time felt like lifetimes ago, now.

Not that she had felt locked away here in the N'ezi-ozu. It was a place that had just the right amount of lore to fill her heart. Sure, a part of her still felt like she was just an observer and not a true part of it all, and her heart fluttered every time newcomers were allowed to join there ranks, but she noticed that she had started to think about things differently. She thought about death differently. And about her ancestors differently. Maybe she was taking some steps in the right direction?

A breath left her nostrils and she looked back up at the sky. These stars were supposed to look like a pair of laughing hyenas. Maybe if she got around that little grove of trees?

Qi hummed as she started to make her way in a direction, eyes to the sky and not noticing the lion whose path she had crossed until she was nearly face to face with him.

"Oh!" she called, startled. "I'm, uh. I'm sorry, didn't see ya there!"
AstoriaFallen

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:06 pm
He realized a little late that he should have probably announced himself to whomever had been approaching because it wasn't long before he was suddenly aware she was in front of him, having been so lost in his thoughts he should have paid a little more attention.

"No need to apologize, I should have announced myself, I had heard you approaching and neglected to do anything to inform you I was here." A rather formal apology on his part but he'd always been one for manners, it was how his mother had raised him. A frown appeared upon his maw for a moment as he thought of her, hoping she was well.

"It is a beautiful night to be looking at the stars though." Having noticed she had been looking upwards when she had appeared before him. "Anything in particular you were looking at?"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:07 pm
Qi's brows raised, her curiosity piqued by his formal response. She gave him a quick glancing over. He wasn't one of the lions that joined back when she did, nor was he one who was already there when she had arrived. One of the recent additions to the big happy family, then? She probably saw him when they were having a big meet-and-greet. Unfortunately, though, she had an atrocious time recognizing names and faces of those she didn't spend time talking to.

She smiled, then. "Nah. It shouldn't be your responsibility to announce yourself, or anything. I guess my head was just in the clouds." The lioness glanced upwards, tilting her head to one side then the other.

"Just… just looking. At, uh, that one. And that one…" she pointed towards a few of the particularly bright stars with an outstretched paw. "and… well. A few others. I heard they're supposed to make some sort of picture or a story or something. Just can't seem to figure it out, though." She shrugged, then looked back to him. "What about you? Enjoying the peace and quiet of the night away from everyone else?"

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:08 pm
Cocking his head a little bit he gave a small shrug towards her words, while she was true he still felt partly to blame for her sudden 'startle' when she'd appeared before him. He was much more interested in the stars she was looking at though, and glanced in the direction of her outstretched paw. Looking between the one's she'd pointed at he returned his missmatched gaze back towards her, the blue eye sparkling a little more than the golden one. "A story huh? Would you care to tell me about it and perhaps I can help a little?" He wasn't a star expert or anything but he knew a thing or two about the twinkling lights above.

"I am trying to enjoy it, my thoughts always seem to ruin it for me though." Not that they were thoughts more than they were visions. He just didn't know how to go about telling other's abiout his seer powers, plus he wasn't sure how this place was when it came to demi-gods.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:09 pm
Her ears perked visibly when he mentioned telling him the story. Would Qi care to tell a story? She lived to tell stories. A smile blossomed on her face and she looked back up to the sky. One eye closed and she squinted, pointing at a cluster of stars. "Well, so, apparently this is a lion who spurned the love of the daughter of a deity that commanded the hunt." As she spoke of the daughter, she motioned towards another cluster of stars, and towards another when she spoke of the deity. "The deity heard of its daughter's heartbreak and cursed the lion to be unsuccessful in its hunts. So he could never catch prey. He was starving, wandering the lands and feelings his strength leaving him bit by bit every day. Eventually he saw a pride of lions hunt and he watched them with envy, only to be surprised to see a pair of hyena successfully drive the lions away." She pointed towards the grouping that was supposedly the pair of laughing hyena that she had trouble seeing. "Eventually, the lion's hunger got the best of his pride and he begged the hyena to allow him to scavenge with them, leading to the unusual partnership of the two hyena and a lion living in harmony," she finished, moving lastly to a star pattern of three particularly bright spots side by side.

Qi looked to him with a smile. "And… that's it. I'm sorry you're having trouble enjoying the peace. What sort of troubling thoughts could you be having that are ruining a beautiful night like this?"

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:11 pm
Watching her ears twitch he wondered if he had said something in particular that had piqued her interest and then she began to speak and a smile spread across his lips as he took a seat to listen to her story. Looking up towards the stars as she spoke he tried to imagine the figures she was describing and watched the 'images' of them seeming to form among the stars in a little tale. "I see them all, that's quite a story, where did you learn it?" Curious to know if perhaps a parent or a passing stranger had once told it to her, he was curious to know those types of things.

Growing quiet for a second he wondered if he could tell her what ailed him, though haunted would be a more appropriate description as there was no cure for what he had. "I see things.... That haven't happened yet." At least he was pretty sure that was the case for him, it had led him to this pride after all. "They bother me sometimes so it takes away from my peace of mind."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:16 pm
Her smile grew toothy at his response to her story. The only thing better than collecting and telling stories was when she got a good reaction from them. "Oh, it was told to me by a group of leopards my family came across one day. It was a trade. We'd share our meal in return for a good story." A warm sight left her chest and she dreamily reminisced on her past. "We collected bits and pieves, that way. Other members of my family made trinkets and traded them. Stories or trinkets or food for whatever stories or trinkets other people had." She nodded thoughtfully. There wasn't a bit variety of stories in her life now, but there sure was a richness of history with the pride.

"Ooooh," she hummed in response to his words. "I've heard of those like that! Some that can see the future, or the past, or things really far away." She squinted at him and leaned in, as his something about his appearance would give more information about his ability. "It sounds so interesting. What sorts of things do you see? Not bad things, I hope. Though if you're bothered by them…" her voice trailed off as she realized she was rambling. "Ah… sorry. About that. And sorry that it bothers you."

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:23 pm
So she wasn't from this pride either then, it seemed to him that the numbers of new blood verse old blood wasn't quite even anymore but that didn't mean it was a bad thing, at least not to him. "That sounds like quite the life!" Curious to perhaps know more about her travels in the future. Since she wasn't an original member here it seemed that her knowledge of seers was more than most and that allowed him to relax a great deal.

"Well, if you'd care to walk with me perhaps I can tell you about my visions and you can share more stories with me?" It would be a trade of sorts and it would allow them to get to know one another more. He quite enjoyed not being the only new commer in the pride that was out tonight. "Oh, you may call me Elemmire if you like, since I realized now I never introduced myself."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:26 pm
"Well that sounds like a fair trade if I've ever heard one, Elemmire. You've got yourself a deal." She game himself a toothy smile, her tail swishing back and forth behind her. "I haven't had a chance yet to tell a lot of my stories. And let me tell you, they're just itching to get out."

She looked around then. "And I would be happy to take a little stroll. I hear there's a nice spot over that way. Nice view. Peaceful" She pointed out towards the north side of the crater. "It's a pleasure to meet you, El. I'm Qimmatli. You can just call me Qi, though." Qi nodded, looking him over and committing his name to memory. "Elemmire. El. Y'know, that name sounds kinda familiar. Like one from this one story I heard…"

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:30 pm
Pleased that Qimmatli was open to taking him up on the offer he hoped it would give him peace of mind for this night at least.  
[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games