Reply [IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands
[PRP] Log Work (Rafiki and Dia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rafiki huffed as he pulled himself up and over a fallen log. How the thing had landed in such an inconvenient way was beyond him, and of course, he had drawn the short end of the stick and was tasked with removing it. Somehow.

Drawing back for a moment, he eyed the log from one end to the other. A small shove barely moved it at all, heavy as it was, but maybe with the right kind of momentum.....

"Hmmm..." Rafiki made his way around it, testing each corner to see which was weakest, and he was so into his work that he had toned out his surroundings.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:26 am
MangoMeow

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Dia Mureta frowned looking at the male trying to move a large log she wasn't sure how she could help but she figured two lions would be better than one, in this case, no matter what. She was glad to have joined the Nezi pride, there was more life and growth her than her old pride which was stuck in the past and likely doomed to death since they had little food and water. They also didn't have enough members for mates to be found. She looked over the green male and smiled the males her looked like they would provide strong healthy cubs. "Do you need some help?"  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:39 pm
He couldn't help the full-body jolt as he was startled out of his thoughts, green gaze moving swiftly over to the brown lioness. Recovering quickly though, Rafiki gave a grim look at the log. While he wasn't one to normally seek out help when it came to heavy lifting, he knew a lost cause (or rather, very difficult cause) when he saw it.

Debating quietly for a second, the lion finally sighed, "... If you're available." He clucked his tongue, "My fellow N'echebe are, ah... 'busy' at the moment, and I'm the only one here to get rid of this mess."

He threw another sidelong look at her, observing the pretty pink eyes before looking away, "I'm Rafiki, by the way. You new to the pride?"

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:20 pm
MangoMeow

Dia Mureta smiled and then said "I am from the Ahuojoo family, I journeyed here from my homeland and joined the pride in the last joining ceremony. I chanced along to help with the spirit problem, I still find it rather strange the spirits are not giving more honor here I have been speaking with the holy leader about having a celebration to honor and settle the spirits of the dead." She said with a nod. "I am Dia Mureta." She moved to help him with the log it would take both their strength to move the log if she had the strength to add him in this task.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:25 am
He nodded as she introduced herself, ears flicking in thought as she mentioned honoring the spirits. In truth, he was still unsure about how to handle the spirit situation, but it did seem like things were calming down once more, which told him that their tactics were working, at the very least.

Moving back over to the side of the log, Rafiki began shoving at it, trying to make the log budge even a little so as to get it into a position where they could just roll it away.

Meanwhile, he continued speaking to continue the conversation, though he grunted from time to time as he heaved at the log, "Sounds like you're settling in though. The lions here are all rather set in their ways, but are easily scared as well. They could do with having a fresher outlook."

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:38 pm
MangoMeow

Dia moved into place to work with Raf to move the log she put her strength into it to help him move the log and she smiled as he spoke about the pride and their ways and how they could do with a little change. "I am glad they are bringing in new blood, my own old pride is dying out because they refuse to accept that without new blood there is no feature." She pushed at the log and attempted to move with Raf so they could get this done together. "So what about you how did you end up joining the pride?"  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:38 am
He hummed at her question, smirking slightly despite his work, "Oh, I've lived here all my life; born and raised in the pride." He clucked his tongue, "Not really much more to it beyond that. The pride is about all I know, and it's what I care for, so I see no reason to leave."

Finally, the log began to roll and with a satisfying creak, it was slowly being shuffled to the side. While there was no way they could get rid of it completely, it was fine if it was just out of the way.

With a bit more shoving, they managed to shove it out of the pathway and into a better position. Now it looked more like a place to lounge across than something that was obstructing.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:03 am
MangoMeow

Dia smiled "You are lucky I wish more of my pride members would leave our homeland, there is not enough food or water there, not enough mates." She shook her head and sighed "They are setting themselves up for doom, you are very lucky to have been born into a pride that has enough of everything able to care for your people and welcome more into the pride." She said with a smile. She didn't blame anyone for her old pride's lands not having they should have moved on long ago, but they were stubborn elders and refused to leave their homeland.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:30 pm
He considered that for a moment. He wasn’t sure if he’d call that lucky or not - the N’ezi could be set in their ways too - but he supposed that it was better than eventually dying out. Life meant adapting to situations, even those not entirely wanted.

“Perhaps someday, should you ever come across them again, they will have changed their ways, but at least you are showing by example now, by seeking out a new home.”

Rafiki nudged at the log once more, checking to make sure it was solidly in place, before nodding. “On another note, I think this should do.” He smiled back at her, “Thank you for helping me with this. I know it wasn’t the most glamorous of tasks.”

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:12 pm
MangoMeow

Dia smiled it was a very good point she had taken her life into her own paws and perhaps he was right and others would follow her example and move on from the death lands that would bring something but sadness and loose. "Perhaps you are right, I can always hope they will if they do not they are doom there is nothing left for them there anymore." Dia nodded and smiled once again as their task was finished. "I do not mind doing things that are not particularly glamorous." She chuckled and then grinned "I have never considered myself a glamorous female, I tend to keep things more simple than that."  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:30 pm
He laughed at that, "Then that makes you a more interesting lioness than some of the females here." Aside from perhaps the more zealous of huntresses, many of the females were less than inclined to get their paws dirty. Of course, there were some males that were the same, so maybe that wasn't saying much.

"Well, I've taken up quite a bit of your time today. I hope I didn't distract you from other duties." Rafiki grinned, "At the very least, you've made it so my day can go by faster now." He mulled over that for a moment, trying to think of what was next on his agenda.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:35 pm
MangoMeow

Dia smiled warmly and then said "Thank you, that is sweet of you." She smiled again and then said "I don't mind at all, it was nice running into you, I'm glad I could help." She said her tone still warm. "I hope I will see you again sometime soon." She grinned and said "Yes working together indeed makes things go faster." She turned to leave "I hope I will see you again sometime." Then she headed off to her own den.

(Fin)  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas