Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Zhien Khiah, Ithil & Bernard (Discord Log)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

medigels Teepee | mistalina13s Teepee
Just a Discord RP log so we can get stats~

medigel
So you have a link to the thing! biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:50 pm
- Ithil & Bernard -
The morning ritual was the same as it always was. Bernard hovered over her as they stretched their limbs with a silent question, and she smiled and told him that yes, today would be a good day to walk. The weather seemed to agree for the most part: clear blue skies and a brisk wind watched over them as they made their way into gods knew where. Bernard seemed to have almost forgotten, as if he wasn't charged with the task of finding her a home, as if walking were the only thing they were meant to do. Ithil almost seemed loathe to think of that goal possibly approaching. She had grown fond of the self-proclaimed knight, for all of his....minor neuroses.

Today, however, there was more to find than just good weather. Something on the wind made the mare pause, and a second later Bernard did so as well, already looking concerned. "My lady?"

"I...just smell something." She turned one way and then another before homing in on the direction the scent was coming from. There was the beginning of a forest they had been moving parallel to for a small time now, but the sweet smell of it hadn't really hit her until then. "Shall we?" she asked with a smile that said her protector had little choice.

He sighed through his nose and nodded. "A break would do you well. But only a break."

"Yes, yes." Ithil trotted in with the care of a foal, curious to see what new thing they could discover. Anything to break up the monotony.

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:51 pm
- Zhien Khiah -
They would find the sweet smell to be quite a bit of flowers in varying types and colors all spread out beneath the trees. Some were from this region and some they would likely have seen in other places on their wandering. Some could have feasibly blown in with the long winds but so many...perhaps not.

Zhien Khiah was a ways away yet. She stopped and sniffed the air. The wind through the trees brought her another scent beyond the flowers this day. Someone else had wandered into her territory. That always warranted investigating. She followed the scent back towards its source, careful to keep behind plant cover - she wanted to get a good look and size them but before being seen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:52 pm
- Ithil & Bernard -
“Look!” She darted towards a flower that was vivid blue. “It’s as if the sky had grown here. And this one, it’s still budding, but it’s a delicious milky white. And over here...”

Bernard didn’t have an interest in the beauty beyond the aesthetics, but it warmed his heart to see Ithil so...vibrant. Usually it took the moon rising before she wanted to i this far. Still, he was nervous; he always was. And perhaps these flowers had a more sinister purpose than simply being pretty to look at. “Please don’t touch them,” he told her. “They may be poisonous.”

She eyed him, and for a moment he remembered that this was royalty he was speaking to, not a foal. “Of course,” Ithil said after a beat.

“I’m not so sure we should rest here either,” he ventured with a mental gulp. “Who knows what lives here.”

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:53 pm
- Zhien Khiah -
Two smells twined into one it seemed. The pretty little one examining flowers might be interesting, but the larger male considerably less so. He seemed to be scolding her for something? Zhien's ears perked and she listened carefully.

Those blossoms were hardly poisonous. She'd taken care to pull the ones that were, root and stem, so they wouldn't come back. So this place would safe for eating, sleeping and nesting as needs came along. Visitors came from time to time, sometimes she kept her distance and sometimes not. Perhaps this time she should not.

"What lives here doesn't take kindly to insults about her home." They would hear her first before they saw her. The careful light crunch of claw and hoof through the plants would let her know where she came from.

"Is there some particular business you have with me?" Her tone was edging on curt. The flowers in the feathered crest of her mane and the base of her tail would mark her as the owner of the garden. The claws of one foot clicked in a rhythm against the ground. "Or are you simply seeking a place to stay?"

She watched them carefully to see how they regarded her and what judgements they made.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:42 pm
- Ithil & Bernard -
Bernard started at the voice and then immediately moved in front of Ithil who, despite being serene by nature, couldn't help but pull back in turn. She was no fighter. Both were a little dazzled by the creature who was as colorful as her home was, but the stallion did his best to look imposing in turn.

"I meant no disrespect," he said, glancing at the other's claws a little nervously. "We only meant to take a detour from the plain and away from the sun, but if we are in offense, we will leave."

Ithil said nothing just yet, merely watching past her companion's shoulder with the same curiosity she had shown the fllowers.

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:43 pm
- Zhien Khiah -
As long as they told truths and did not seek to harm her then they had no need to fear her claws. She came a bit closer and cocked her head, sniffing the air. That male spoke the truth. They bore a great many bits of scent from their travels, some familiar and some not. A great many were old and faint.

"It's not up to me if this place lets you pass." Beyond her garden the plants grew wild and rapidly - where there was once a path, in the space of a few days and nights there might not be anymore. "But if it is your wish to stay out of the sun best take your chances and go through rather than around." No sense in having that pretty flower of his collapse in the sun. The journey around this place was a fair distance. (Was she his? She must be with the way he shields her so.)

"I am not the greatest beast in these woods but most will leave you be." She could follow them at a distance and make sure the things that didn't stayed away if only so they wouldn't end up stuck here longer than they wished to be. (It really was a pity about the pretty flower - she did not seem to fear her, where her companion did. Perhaps if the opportunity presented itself she might steal her away for a time...)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:21 pm
- Ithil & Bernard -
They weren’t being attacked. It was invitation enough to entreat for Ithil whom, locked usually with just one conversational partner, was actually starved for something new.

“Do you take care of them?” she asked, stepping just past Bernard. “They’re little wonders. We’ve seen nothing but snow for some time, so this is honestly refreshing.”

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:23 pm
- Zhien Khiah -
She had planned to disappear but being talked to caught her off guard. Conversation wasn't her strong suit, but she could try... "The wind blows them here. Then I do what I can." She kept the soil tended with her claws and brought water when the rains didn't come. They allowed her to come and go, and hunt or forage, as she pleased.

Her head cocked curiously again when the mare mentioned snow. It was an unfamiliar thing, but it must certainly be unpleasant if she was so glad to be rid of it. She had seen little beyond this forest and most of the time that suited her just fine. (Some things now and again made her wish she'd seen more. But those feelings never really lasted.)

The mare might be stepping out more, but her companion had gone silent and it made her wary. "Weigh your options and decide what you wish to do."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:40 am
- Ithil & Bernard -
Normally it took Ithil time to decide, but today she felt a strong pull. "If there's no issue, I'd like for us to stay a while," she told the mare, smiling slightly. "Very rarely do we get to appreciate the beauty around us."

Bernard only heard the code for I'm tired and want to sleep. She was nocturnal, so they tried to balance the time spent in the day and night, but it seemed they had reached her limit. "We won't disturb a leaf," he added, bowing his head. "If you know somewhere safe, stranger, we would be grateful."

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:42 am
- Zhien Khiah -
There was a few heartbeats worth of hesitation. Should she? Shouldn't she? She oddly found herself wanting to say yes...

"I can take you one such place. Come." She turned and headed back into the forest. It was on them to keep up, her pace was quick but at least her trail was easy to follow. She didn't look back to see where they were either but she listened for the sound of hooves behind her.

She brought them to a clearing, mostly hidden from sight on the outside by trees and a thicket of blue roses, the very same as the ones she wore. "If there is any place that can be considered safe it is here."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:08 pm
- Ithil & Bernard -
They kept pace and remained a short distance behind her, Bernard still wary, Ithil quite pleased. "Thank you," she said with another incline of her head. "I forget my manners. Call me Ithil. My companion is Bernard."

He, too, bowed his head slightly, though he kept his eyes up. He didn't like this, simply being allowed into someone's home without so much as blinking. Had it been a herd, it might have been different, but this forest was a little too unsettling for his tastes. Not to mention the way the other mare looked at them...

As Ithil moved to examine the blue roses, he asked, "Have you lived here long?"

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:08 pm
- Zhien Khiah -
"Zhien Khiah." She would try and remember for later, in case they became important again. But names often slipped from her memory - smells and things she saw were much easier to hold onto.

The space in the clearing was well looked after, free of rocks and no signs of leftovers from hunting. The trees overhead would give plenty of shelter and the grass was comfortable enough. "I was left here as a foal." Alone and she'd learned to survive. She couldn't remember her parents at all, though she seemed to recall a brother but they had been separated quite early on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:57 pm
- Ithil & Bernard -
Bernard frowned and said, "I'm sorry to hear. You've done well for yourself, at least."

Ithil gave the area a once over as she moved around it slowly. "Very," she agreed when she was finished, already feeling her eyelids fall. Stopping in a particular nook of shadow and grass, she let her legs lock. It would be enough to take a short rest if nothing else. "I thank you again, Zhien Khiah. We will not disturb this place."

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:58 pm
- Zhien Khiah -
She made a gruff sounding noise. It was what it was - she'd done her time waiting for someone to come back for her after her brother was gone and when they hadn't she'd gotten it in her head to survive instead. If only just to spite them.

"I will range while you are resting. So nothing should disturb you either." Hunting would be good to regain her focus.

- fin  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff