Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[SRP] Magnificent Acts (Tourmaline and Ymir)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:00 pm
User Image User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:06 pm
After encountering Khonsu in the frosty mountains, Tourmaline had found she had a strong dislike of the crimson feathered stallion and had made quick leave of the area, absconding from the vicinity as quickly as she could. Even with furs wrapped tight around her feminine form, the mare still shivered in the chilling, blustery winds that the mountain forced at her. It was a dreadful place, highly unfit for any mare of her stature, and she swore to herself that she'd never return to it. All of this hard effort for gems and it had done nothing for her or her collection. Not even a single piece of amber had she discovered in the snow and rocks. The only thing that had even closely resembled rocks of ore had just been large pieces of ice that had been frosted over.

Tourmaline was so wrapped up in her own fuming that she hardly noticed the quick moving shadow on the untouched snow's surface. Most Soquili would have found the mountainous environment relaxing and serene, with its fresh, untouched snow covering the ground and trees, but to her it was nothing but vexing and frustrating. It had wasted her time and that was unforgivable. Didn't the mountain know that she was someone of great importance? She was destined to marry a prince, after all!

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:31 pm
Ymir loved the crisp mountain wind. It was absolutely perfect for flying in. He could get so warm from his aerial tricks that have the cool wind under his wings felt amazing. The mountains were home for him. No matter which mountains he ended up in from his travels, and no matter how different they all were in their appearance, they all had the same feel to them. They were all his home, all familiar and comforting. It had been so long since he had been to his foalhood home, for he was meant to put on shows and entertain -- and how could he be so selfish to deny the world his talents? -- that he hadn't thought to return to the small village he had been raised in.

This particular mountain was home to a rather interesting group of Soquili. They were fighters through and through, hides thick with fur to keep them warm and armed with horns and claws to only add on to their fighting prowess. They had been jovial people, willing to let him in to trade and perform. The performance he had put on for the Snaerblods and their tribe had been his best to date and he had left the herd feeling at peace with himself and the thought of one day returning to put on another wonderful show for them.

The stallion soared through the area, dipping and weaving along with the wind carrying him through the clear skies. A cheery laugh escaped him as he spiraled down towards the surface, and after letting his wings stop, he grinned as he plummeted towards the hard surface of the frozen mountain tops. He felt his faithful wolf move against him in the small pouch that rested on his back. Mimir was tucked away safely in the carrying device they had rigged on Ymir for when they traveled. While it was unfortunate that they weren't able to fly in the air together, Ymir knew the reckless tricks he pulled off were barely tolerated by his familiar. Even so, the snowflake bedecked stallion was always practicing for his next show and Mimir had no other choice but to deal with the cards he had been dealt.

As Ymir continued free falling towards the mountaintops, he noticed a moving figure down below. Someone travelling, all the way out here? How rare! Perhaps he could put on a special, private viewing of his newest tricks! He grinned and gave another laugh as he spread his wings and cut sharply back up in to the air, mane flying with the wind rushing through it. There was truly no other way to live!

"Alright Mimir! Get ready for a hard stop! There's a potential customer that we don't want to miss out on!" The stallion gracefully flew towards the target of his plan, planning on grazing past the soquili's head and stopping in front of the figure with a giant cloud of snow shooting behind him. It would be the ultimate entrance, a once-in-a-life-time kind of view!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:42 pm
Tourmaline trudged onward, doing her best to keep a disgruntled frown from showing on her features. She couldn't afford wrinkles on her beautiful visage! That would be terrible! No prince would ever want to marry a princess who had wrinkles. They would think there was something wrong with her and that would never do. So instead she continued to let her thoughts rage and boil over her missed opportunity of gems. What an awful tip she had been given. Gems, they had said, could easily be found in the mountains. It would be as simple as finding a bush with berries on it, they had told her. Ha! What a pile of steaming trash that had been! She never should have listened to that Soquili. They had been so bland and uninteresting, of course their information was terrible and unreliable. If there was one thing Tourmaline had learned, it was that she was never going to listen to someone who clearly didn't look at all experienced in the realm of seeking out the finer things in life!

Her internal ranting was brought to a quick end as she felt a presence above her. The mare lifted her head to the a dark flash above, which moved down from it's position in the sky to land directly in front of her. Soft green eyes widened in shock as she witnessed powdery snow fly out in a puff behind an imposing stallion with long locks. If it weren't for the dumb grin resting upon his face and reckless nature, Tourmaline almost would have thought he was handsome. Even so, a stallion was a stallion, and she could perhaps woo him to her favor and get some much needed help in the dreadful mountains. With a soft gaze, seductive smile, and silky voice, Tourmaline showered the stallion in adoration.

"Oh my! That was simply one of the most wonderful things I've ever seen! You must be so daring. I hope you weren't trying to show off for little ol' me~." Tourmaline fluttered her lashes at the stallion for added effect, voice as charming and honeyed as ever.

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:21 pm
Ymir grinned proudly. He loved to hear compliments and exclamations of awe from those that witnessed his performances. The stallion couldn't help but hold his head a little higher and his posture straightened out a little more to appear that much more impressive to the dainty mare in front of him. "Why, thank you! It's always nice to hear high praise of my tricks and talents."

The purple and black patterned stallion could feel his familiar shifting in the carrying device on his back and he gave a quick glance over his shoulder to look at the wolf. Mimir hardly ever spoke, it was quite rare whenever his travelling companion said much of anything, but Ymir and Mimir had developed such a close knit bond that words didn't need to be exchanged. After seeing that Mimir didn't seem panicked or concerned, the stallion quickly turned his attention back to the dainty mare before him.

"It's rare to find someone travelling through the snow and mountains on their own." He was already quite taken with the fair colored creature. Her words were sweet, and her mannerisms seemed so refined and fragile, he couldn't help but feel drawn to her. "May I ask what caused you to find your way out here?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:03 pm
Tourmaline knew right away that her charming ways had already worked on the stallion before her. Her lips curled a little as she basked in the moment. It was always such a pleasing feeling, knowing that she had wrapped someone around her hoof and could bat her eyelashes and murmur a few "oh woe is me" and have some poor fool do the hard work for her.

Lucky for her, the stallion before her wasn't so bad looking. He certainly wasn't of noble descent, not with his wild appearance, but there was still something knightly about him and she would count her blessings where she could. He wasn't the prince charming of her dreams, but she would turn lemons in to lemonade where she could.

She tried to stand so her body seemed a little smaller, a little more dainty and slender, as she peered up at him from under her lashes with a coy smile on her face. "Well, I heard from a traveler that there were gems I might be able to find, but they didn't tell me what a dangerous journey it would be. I was travelling with a stallion earlier, but he was just so mean that I had to part ways with him. He didn't tell me what dangerous journey going back down the mountain would be and I'm just so cold." Tourmaline shivered for added effect and emphasis. She was sure Ymir would take pity on her, probably even offer to protect and guard her on the way back down.

"You seem so comfortable in the snow and cold air, flying through it doesn't even bother you, that's amazing." The mare moved her shoulders to bring the furs around her shoulders up a little higher towards her face so she could try to warm up just a little more. Tourmaline knew that if she played her cards right, he would do everything in his power to make her feel comfortable and at ease. The stallion seemed like such an easy book to read, chivalrous and willing to please. Then again, most stallions were so easy to win over to her side. Some took a little more work than others, but it was always such a treat when she didn't have to lift a single hoof or do any of the hard work.

"You wouldn't mind helping me find my way back down the mountain, would you? There was a herd nestled a little further down, but I've been making such terrible time on my own and I don't really know the way back." Tourmaline shifted her weight on her legs as she peered up at him with a gentle smile. "And the company would be such a pleasant change from being on my lonesome for so long."

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:11 pm
His brows furrowed as he noticed the mare shiver and shake in the chilly air. He couldn't help but feel bad for her. He loved the snow and the cold, having grown up in it, but he knew that those that weren't used to it never particularly cared to be in the cool conditions for too long. As soon as the mare asked for his help, he was more than willing to offer his help. What kind of stallion would he be if he left a helpless mare to the elements where she was unprepared?

"Of course I'll help! It'd be awfully terrible of me if I didn't."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:38 pm
Oh yes, it would be awfully terrible if he didn't help her. What kind of cruel, uncaring stallion would leave a mare such as her out in the cold environment such was the one they were in? Tourmaline smiled in to the furs around her neck, proud of herself for already winning the stallion before her over so easily. Child's play, that's what it had been. Stallion's were just so typical, honestly. Sometimes it was so easy to manipulate and play them to the tune of her metaphorical fiddle that the fun of it was starting to lose it's appeal. It was getting so easy for her to win them over that there was hardly any challenge anymore.

"Oh, thank you so, so, so much! It's so kind of you to help little ole' me." Tourmaline shifted on her feet moving closer to Ymir, hoping to warm herself from the body heat that he gave off. After he had been flying in the air, he seemed particularly toasty. He was no campfire, but she would make do with what he had to offer, which didn't seem to be much, if Tourmaline were being honest in her assessment of him. Ah well... It was better than being trapped in the cold of the mountains and having to do all the hard work herself. To think how terribly it would muss her appearance! She just couldn't allow such a thing if there were other options available to her disposal.

"Will it take long to reach the bottom of the mountains? The cruel stallion I was with earlier had made it seem like it would take days to reach the bottom. That isn't true is it? You seem so much more knowledgeable than him. I'm sure you're an expert on mountain travel! You seem so at home in this weather." She offered her honeyed words to win Ymir over further than she already had. Stallions were so much easier to get them to do as she pleased when she flirted and sweet-talked them. It was such and easy game. If only his fur wasn't so dark. Tourmaline only wished to see the blush that was no doubt lining his cheeks.

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:38 pm
Ymir smiled at the praise the slender mare offered him. He did like knowing that he was doing the right thing and praised for it. It made him feel good, and honestly, who didn't like a boost to one's confidence? He laughed the praise off, sheepishly looking off to the side and shrugging his shoulders to try and play off the compliments. Ymir may have like the words, but that didn't mean he didn't know how to stay humble. "I'm only doing what any decent stallion would do."

He noticed the mare edge closer and he quickly realized that she must have been cold. She had furs sitting on her shoulders and wrapped around her neck. This mare really didn't seem like someone who would do well in the cold for long. Her well-groomed coat wasn't as thick as those that were born and native to cold regions, and she had scales... he wondered if those that were of Kirin descent were more bothered by the cold. The only other creatures he knew of that had scales were lizards... She didn't remind him of a lizard, goodness no, but lizards didn't do well in the cold either. It was a thought he would have to mull over. It wasn't often that he ran in to Kirin in the mountains, but maybe he just traversed the wrong mountains.

"Ah, you must be cold! My apologies for making you stand out in this chill. I'm so used to it, I forget how others don't care for it. If we get moving, you'll warm up in no time and we'll be able to get close to the herd you were talking about! I think I know the exact one you're talking about." He offered Tourmaline a gentle smile, wanting her to feel encouraged.

Ymir couldn't help but frown as she relayed the cruelties of her previous travelling companion. The stallion hardly seemed deserving of being referred to as such. "Well, if you don't know all the quick paths, it can take days to get the mountain, but I spend a lot of time practicing my tricks up here, so I know all the short cuts. Some of them require wings to get past, but I can get you to the bottom of the mountains, wings or no wings!" He started walking, urging her to do the same so they could make the most of the daylight they had. "We may have to spend a night camping, but there's a nice cave that sits at the halfway point." He glanced at the mare briefly, and though she couldn't see it, he blushed at the compliments. "I don't know if I would call myself an expert... Just well-traveled. It won't take days like the stallion you were previously with was saying." The black and snow patterned stallion couldn't help but think how kind Tourmaline was. It was a little surprising that she didn't travel in a group. She was so sociable and friendly, he was sure she must attract others to her with such a sweet demeanor.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:39 pm
This stallion was just... so easy. She couldn't help but feel irritated at what little challenge he provided her with. There was no suspicion, not even the slightest amount of push-back at her flirting, how dull... Ah well, at least she'd have a safe trip back down the mountains. The fact she had been led astray by such false information still grated on her nerves and she had some very choice, unladylike words that she wanted to say about the fool, but Tourmaline wasn't going to let this stallion know about such things. She needed to be lady that he perceived her as being, though that wasn't proving difficult.

"Oh, that's good to hear. I'm so glad that we crossed paths! This must have been destined. You're like a knight in shining armor! I thought I was going to end up freezing out here. Can you imagine? Finding me as a Popsicle?" She walked along with Ymir, happily following his lead so she could escape the frozen landscape once and for all. Tourmaline didn't plan on returning any time soon until she had some actual solid leads on gems that she could find.

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:40 pm
Ymir smiled as Tourmaline continued chatting with him. He chuckled at her words and nodded his head. "I'm glad to have found you before you ended up frozen solid. That just wouldn't do. Though you'd make a stunning Popsicle, I much prefer you as you are. You've already proven yourself good company!" Ymir did his best to plow through the snow, wanting to clear the way for her so she didn't have to suffer through the cold as she had been. He had never thought himself as being a knight in shining armor before, but the picture was a nice one. He felt that he was noble, chivalrous... perhaps being referred to as a knight was fitting... it wasn't something he had really ever given thought. A daredevil knight, what a thought!

"Do you often journey by yourself? You're such good company. I'll be honest, I'm rather shocked that you're by yourself. I know you said you were travelling with a stallion earlier, but I'm surprised you didn't come with another friend that you knew. The mountains can be rather dangerous, after all."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games