Uchiha Update Suggestion

Now why am I doing this? Right now the Uchiha bloodline to me seems to be very....awkward. A lot. There are a lot of things that aren't clearly explained, for some reason nerfed, or just non functional unless you really try. As a staple bloodline of the series and possibly one of the most popular I think it is important to keep it well balanced and healthy as to avoid the usual drama that comes along with the bloodline, after all uchiha are always the strongest right? Not so much. Or at least it doesn't have to be.

In this suggestion update I will try to touch on nearly every section and aspect of the uchiha and hopefully guide it in a better direction or at least give input for the crew to use.

I welcome ANY feedback to this thread and will make small tweaks or changes, or even just options, if presented with good ideas.

Restrictions

All of these are fine from what I've seen, and reasonable.

Eye Limitations

Now one of the key and core components of the uchiha are at times their PASSIVE abilities. With the more stages you get the more you can benefit simply by having them on, without any real chakra cost. This is offset by the eye limitations however I feel it is still a bit to easy to avoid falling below this numbers and think they could be lifted up a slight bit to offset that and make people think more carefully when using their chakra well still enjoying having it active passively without at ticker to it.

One Tomoe: 60%
Two Tomoe: 50%
Three Tomoe: 40%
Mangekyou: 25%
Eternal: 15%

Ability 'To See':

Now this ability is likely the weakest out of all the choices. I say this as though it can be handy for certain situations the fact that Uchiha could unlock it in rinnegan means anyone that picks it early on will basically be wasting a choice if they ever get that far. What I'd possibly suggest is maybe giving them a few more sensor type options that comes with it, or a buff to a similar degree where it makes it a more attractive option.

Ability 'Clarity':

This, alongside copy, is definitely one of the strongest of the choices. However I don't think there is anything wrong with it as it stands right now. Bloodline genjutsus completely f*ck it over and genjutsu still WORKS, it just is a worse choice which the uchiha are usually renowned for it so it is a key component of the bloodline. Couple that with the nerfed eye limitations means even if they can catch out genjutsu users if they are exhausted enough it wont protect them forever.

Ability 'To Copy':

This is the other power house of passive abilities. Now I may be wrong but I don't think it's to imba. The amount of slots people get as they rank up is massive already but I may be missing a key point here so this topic may change.

Ability 'To Hypnotize':

This is a personal favorite of mine but it also seems to be rather....awkward. I say that as in it isn't clearly explained and or just doesn't do what it's usually intended to do. Specifically

"Direct hypnosis control of humans and their tamed shinobi pets is impossible, as the hypnosis is Genjutsu related. (i.e. it functions as rank appropriate Genjutsu)"

Now it says direct hypnosis is impossible, yet the hypnosis functions as rank appropriate genjutsu? Does that mean that it DOES work but cost X amount and becomes a genjutsu? Or am I missing something here. If that was cleared up I believe it would help a lot in making it more attractive as a choice.

Transplant:

Not touching this one as the transplant guide is another thing for another day.

Unlocking Tomoe:

Now I want to touch on this. Right now I think it is good on how you unlock things just fine but I think it should be far more clear as to how it can be unlocked, including options outside of the standard, and WHO you go to.

Unlocking Mangekyou and Beyond...:

This is something that I know a ton of people are dreading to have it changed in anyway but please bare with me here. As it stands our current method of unlocking things is.....muddled. First of all, there are no body rank for any of these. At all. So as it stands if you some hell had all the luck in the world you could get rinnegan at D rank.

Next is the fact that unlike ANY OTHER BLOODLINE, these unlocks require rpc interaction and often violent interaction. I will break down what I want to recommend for each stage and why I think it will benefit the community over hurt it.

Mangekyou:

This is possibly the worst one. So in order to unlock this, you need to first off read the tablet. Now this by itself your character NEEDS to do, otherwise it wont work. Now unless some rpc for some reason told you this what this does it promote meta gaming for people to just happen to read it, something that is discouraged right? Otherwise you have explanation on why you'd go to read it. Even more so it is in one specific village, though a summoning spell is a thing, making it harder or more dangerous for some people to get to. I respect the stone as a part of lore but I fully do not believe that it should be mandatory to read it prior to it, as it promotes a lot of bad roleplay unless you get lucky which is unnecessary.

Say you get past that though. Now you need to find someone, someone who is WILLING to have their 3 month old RPC die for you. And thats IF crew decides you two are the bestest of buds (which is really a point of view and kind of opinionated in order to decide it) and or kill them yourself. What does this promote? Well if you try to kill someone, enjoy the drama that follows! Forcing anyone to kill off their rpc they've had for some time and likely enjoyed a lot of rp purely for your own benefit usually (but not always) causes more issues then its worth. And for what does all this pain get you? Something that can make you blind. The passive upgrades are minor and the abilities you get have to be carefully chosen.

What am I recommending instead? We turn it into a mission. An A Rank one, requiring at least a B rank body to attempt. This mission will have the player pick a loved one that is close to them being killed either during, after, or before the mission, and upon completion be granted with mangekyou. How is this beneficial? It takes away from the unnecessary possible drama and arguments that could be caused from rpc interaction, even just crew interaction and give Uchiha the chance to more realistically get something that isn't that strong in the first place if misused.

Eternal Mangekyou:

Oh boy here's the DOOZY. As it stands, you have to get mangekyou eyes to get it. Think of how near impossible that is. It means you have to find a uchiha, who went through the process of all that madness getting tomoe, having someone die, getting approved, and THEN kill them, or at least rip out their eyes effectively crippling them. Now if you went through all that trouble, would you give it up? Probably not. Again this pushes out more possible drama or forces you to track down some obscure retired rpc/npc which is never explicitly clear as an option which might lead to even MORE drama over it.

Instead I'd like to see a similar option as I recommended for Mangekyou. An S rank mission that is extremely difficult and involves tracking down a dangerous uchiha and taking their eyes. It is not as though the abilities they can use more freely, without even unlimited options if that wasn't changed, cant be countered. Chakra clashes are still a thing, tons of options can combat them. I think the stigma of how strong they are in the show has leaked over and put a lot of fear that is unnecessary to the bloodline. Instead we should promote a more healthy, functional bloodline that is still difficult to progress in but not asinine.

Rinnegan:

Honestly I am not sure on this one. We have no actual abilities that are easily found for Rinnegan, though the benefits are nice. I think it may be fine actually due to people having to switch between states. Even the acquisition I believe is fine as it promotes more neutral or positive interaction with RPCS. It is sort of like the bonus round for the bloodline in my opinion but I'd like to hear feedback o nit.

Abilities

Now I am going to focus on specific abilities here. To me the uchiha are actually built around PASSIVE benefits, and MAJOR abilities. They have some extra ones here and there but nothing to write home about. Literally most of them you could find equivalent techniques in the ninjutsu section which ANYONE can learn so there isn't a point to touch them right now.

Izanagi, Izanami.

Lol don't want to touch these. In the canon they are RIDICULOUS, and in the guild its much the same. If someone wants to try to make a balanced version they'd have to absolutely butcher or extremely water down these two to the point where they are unrecognizable. Hell it might be better to make replacement techniques in my opinion.

Tsukuyomi [ Moon Reader ], Susanoo [ He with the ability to help by all means ], Amaterasu [ Heavenly Illumination ]

Only issue I have is....blindness meter an activation cost for some of these. Now when you look at these abilities you notice that it takes 15% blindness to use them. ONTOP OF S+ ACTIVATION. That's 320 chakra just to use something that can be countered a lot of the time by not even S+ rank attacks, meaning its a huge chakra dump for things that are not even inherently brokenly strong. Even worse once you get past the massive chakra cost you get 15% blindness AND STILL BLINDNESS in eternal. With three uses you'd have literally half your vision gone, not a very useful shinobi in my opinion. Sure you can get it healed but in combat it makes it near unusable without major risk.

I'd like to see the blindness meter taken down to 7.5%, and eternals have no meter (outside of those that cause massive damage like 50% and 100% those should stay the same). They should also only cost as much as their rank is to activate, S rank. It is rare for people to have a 1.5k pool let alone even 2k, so using what could be 1/4 of your chakra nearly for technique that isn't nearly as strong is brutal.

I want to STRESS that even those these are major buffs I do not think it would make the uchiha broken. As it stands right now mangekyou sharingan is basically useless unless you enjoy being blind and out of chakra, and eternals is well more useful still a MASSIVE chakra dump. It makes the uchiha's strongest asset not their abilities which they are known for but instead their PASSIVE TECHNIQUES, which to me does not make for a functioning bloodline.

Kamui:

This one is insane. I recommend the same changes for activation and eye degradation but I want to see the ability reigned in a bit. First of all you have the MAXIMUM amount you can use it and the MAXIMUM cool down. It also doesn't state (unless I missed it) whether you can or cant use jutsu's well intangible.

I would like to say that you should not be able to use jutsu well intangible, for every 2 Posts of intangibility it has a 1 post cooldown (so if you used it once you could us it once more before it's on cooldown) and that you can use it a maximum of 3 times in a battle similar to flicker step and substitution. This makes it far less spammable, but still very functional and an extra option to avoid attacks. If that wasn't enough you can also TELEPORT ANYWHERE with it, making it extremely handy outside of battle or for escaping which is crazy. I'd like to see the teleport range to maybe 1 mile in combat and keep its flexible range outside of combat. That way you can't have a uchiha teleport to the other side of the planet to escape you.