Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:16 pm
The cat was yowling and spitting, in clear distress, tangled up in some old Christmas lights somebody had already thrown out. The length of plastic had wrapped securely around its body, trapping the back limbs, each little light biting into the skin. Yet the cat continued to howl and thrash, only stopping every few minutes to pant open mouthed and exhausted, little chest rising and falling rapidly. On the cold winter day, people passed hurriedly by the alleyway, ignoring what they presumed would be just a cat fight and nothing to worry about.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Unfortunately for the cat, there was a Phony to hear its distress -- an empathetic soul, but one least equipped to actually do anything about it. Catwalk had heard the yowling streets down - it felt like blocks! - and had started running this way and that to try and get closer to the sound, terror writ on her features. That -- that was an animal in upset, and that no one seemed to notice was -- it was infuriating! And she'd be boiling over if she wasn't so damn scared for the feline she couldn't yet find.

It took her several long moments of running up and down streets, corners, alleyways, before she finally found the wrapped cat. She could immediately see what was causing its distress, but it was the very thing that wouldn't allow her close without some payment in blood.

Whipping around to those passing by the alley, she snarled, "What's wrong with you? Why wont you help?" She wasn't a pegasus, she couldn't grab it with her teeth and fly until it uncoiled. She wasn't a unicorn, she couldn't magic it out safely. She was just ... she was just herself, and that was a fat load of nothing just then.

The babben whimpered, dancing hoof to hoof as her anxiety mounted and took over her better sense of self. "Please don't kill me," she murmured softly, trying to dart in towards the hindquarters to grab the strand with her teeth. She had to do something!

Ruriska
feel free to swat/scratch her up too as need be

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:58 pm
It was unfortunate that such a simple sentiment as ‘I am trying to help’ could not be effectively translated to an animal, especially not when pain and panic was in control. The cat couldn’t see the Babby as a saviour, only another threat, something that would hurt it while it was tangled up and helpless. It twisted and turned, hissed and struck out with claws extended, trying to swat away the very Phony that was trying to help.

Chrystali
Mossflower and a pot that isn't baby sized will appear next XD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:05 pm
She knew it was going to happen, she knew, but she still had to try. The swiped claw caught her across her mouth, drawing a thin red line over her lip. Catwalk uttered a soft intake of breath but didn't cry out - the cat was already scared enough - but whimpered softly and backed up.

It was only when she was suddenly unable to back up further that she realized her misstep had got part of the coil around her hoof. She had to freeze to not kick it off, slightly shaking to untangle it and not bring the feline back down on her head. Jarring a scared cat...not the best idea.

Catwalk murmured as she worked, despondent, "How can I help you...?"

Ruriska

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Catwalk made the right decision in staying still and calm. The cat huddled in on itself, shivering from head to tail, letting out a despondent and angry ‘mrrrrr’ every few seconds. It would attack to defend itself if necessary but for now it was exhausted, and it watched the Phony warily, waiting to see what move she would make next.

There was nothing Catwalk could do.

But someone else had heard the commotion. A figure appeared at the end of the alleyway, Calm orange eyes assessed the scene, her approach slow and measured until she was standing two feet from where the cat and the Babby were tangled.

“Are you alright?” Mossflower asked the young filly but her gaze was on the cat. “We’ll get you free first and then help out friend here.”

Chrystali
<3

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:07 pm
Any other time - literally, any other time - Catwalk would have been fit to be tied (not unlike the cat in question) that an adult was witnessing her being soft. That anyone would have seen her give two shakes of a tail and put another's well being before her own.

Maybe it was her calmness, or maybe she was just that twisted up in worry and upset that no one else was helping, but she offered no biting words or scathing remarks. "It -- it seems fine, it -- "

She blinked her dark eyes and turned them to the green mare, wheels slowly turning and putting into place that maybe...she was asking her if she was okay. "I'll be better once this one is free and unhurt," she finally settled on, tone just shy of miserable, a small note of hope by the end of it.

Ruriskaedit
hi ily and my lesbian queen

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:11 pm
“Of course,” Mossflower soothed. “We’ll all be much happier then.” Her attention left the cat and turned to the filly. That scratch would have to be tended to but first...

Her horn glowed with magic and the section of lights that had coiled around Catwalk’s hoof began to untangle. Her focus was intent and the effort obvious, considering how slowly and delicately she was doing it to ensure the nearby tangled cat wouldn’t be startled.

Until finally Catwalk was free and Mossflower stepped down on the end of the Christmas lights, securing it as she carefully rummanaged around in her saddle bag. “Now,” she explained, “our friend has made too much of a mess for that to work, so I’ll need your help. Ah, here.” Mossflower offered the newly found scissors to the filly. “I’m going to hold the cat still and you have to cut it free, okay?”

Nearby the cat gave another plaintive meow.

Chrystali
surprise! i did a thing@

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:25 am
Catwalk was patient and still, both things she never really embodied but doing her best given the situation. She watched the green mare's horn glow and begin to disentangle the mess around her pale hoof, a gesture that would have given her no small amount of jealousy usually, but was absent of anything negative.

She murmured a soft sound that was probably a 'thank you,' blanketed under her concern for the cat. Rubbing her leg, she strained her neck to keep the cat in her vision, though she turned with surprise when the other suddenly offered her...scissors?

"Wh -- " she started to protest, to insist that Mossflower would be better to handle the sharp things with her magic, but she swallowed down the words with determination. Catwalk could sew and carry and cut just fine and she wasn't going to lose her gall now. "On your mark," she agreed instead, accepted the scissors carefully between her teeth.

"Ish otay, key-key." Despite her mouth full of metal, she tried to be reassuring, even if she knew rationally it wasn't helping. "Almosh done."

Ruriska
smewch ur the best

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:57 am
The cat was not pleased to have them both so close. It took all of Mossflower’s attention to keep the cat calm and still so that Catwalk could get the job done. Her horn glowed with magic and she hummed a gentle tune meant to reassure both the cat and the filly she’d charged with such a delicate job. But she had faith in both of them.

With a hoof she reached out, stroking the cat every so softly behind its ears. The cat meowed in complaint, limbs immobilized and eyes wide but seemingly coming to realize that they were here to help.

“That’s it,” Mossflower encouraged. “Nearly done. Keep going. You're doing so well.”  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:02 am
When the magic took hold, Catwalk wasted no time, moving in carefully but with purpose. "Shorry," she murmured around the scissors, using her hooves and mouth to control the scissors and snip the tangled length. Small bits fell to the ground, the lights making soft tinkling sounds but not outright shattering as the filly worked quickly and precise.

It was like making a gown, really, or...unmaking it, she supposed. Identify where it all stuck together, snip to loosen, push aside the fray --

The green wrapping fell away to the ground, the cat freed of its bonds. Catwalk took several steps back, carefully putting the scissors on the stranger's pack. "You can go now," she said softly to the feline, relief flooding her and making her skin prickle with adrenaline. It was over. It was done.

"Thank you, Miss," she said softly to Mossflower, the most demure and polite she'd ever been. "What you did...means a lot. Thank you." She absently wiped at her lip, the sting mostly gone in the face of the relief.  

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:12 am
Holding onto a living creature with magic required a much more delicate touch them picking up an object. She had a lot of practice but Mossflower was still grateful when Catwalk made the last cut, the last of the tangled lights falling away. Even so she was slow to release her grip, doing so gradually as she also stepped back to give the cat space.

When her magic finally did stop, the cat didn’t move for a long time. It remained hunkered down, as if expecting to still be stuck. It stared at them with wide eyes, tip of its tail lashing back and forth until finally it moved, tearing off past them to entrance of the alleyway.

It stopped at the end, looked back at them once and then was gone.

Only then did Mossflower sigh softly and look over at Catwalk with a gentle smile. “Of course. Helping animals is my life. And I thank you for your assistance and care. You did very well.” She’d just met the filly but there was pride and appreciation in Mossflower’s gaze. “And I’m sure our friend is also very grateful.”  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:22 pm
She'd be lying if she said she wasn't slightly disappointed the cat hadn't stayed, but she also knew the likelihood of it happening was null and void. With a wistful smile, she looked out of the alley, to the Pones passing by without any idea of what had transpired there mere moments before.

Whoever said ignorance was bliss could rightly eat a bag of rotten tuna. Jerks.

Shaking out her mane, she nodded curtly to the mare, their brief moment of bonding having passed - even if a twinge of softness remained. "I'm happy as long as no one got hurt." So what if she had a scratch? A small price to pay. "I'm glad you came along when you did, and...I should go."

That was enough positivity and kindness out of her for the rest of the year. Trotting to the mouth of the alley, she cast a glance back to the kind stranger, dipped her head once in acknowledgment, and disappeared into the chill of the day.  

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas