[PRP] A Routine Check Up [Floren + Eridia] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:13 pm

Oh dear. She was... not at all less loud once inside the hive. Floren did his best to keep a pleasant smile plastered on his face as she spoke, eyes following her every movement. "I see... you gave him candy meant for trolls?" He quirked a brow at her as he looked around for some gerbil treats - ah, there they were. He grabbed a bag of seeds and yogurt drops, then turned back around to face Eridia. As her volume grew his expression faltered for a moment into a wince - oh, that was awful - but was quickly replaced by another smile. "Don't worry, I'm sure I can figure out what's wrong. Let me see him, please?" He set the treats down, then held his hands out for her to pass him over. "He probably is just feeling nauseous. Was he showing any symptoms before you gave him the candy?" He'd just... do his best to ignore her antics and focus on the patient. That was the whole point of this anyway, wasn't it.

ImaginationsParadise

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:54 pm
"YES." Eridia cried out, trying oh so hard to be as dramatic as possible to see fast results. Her sweet Dauphin's life depended on it! The highblood took a deep breath before handing her precious gerbil over to the greenblood. "Well- actually, he seemed interested in my food. So I said 'why not?'" Seemed like a really good idea back then.

"Oooh..." Eridia whined with a pout, thinking about all the sweets she gave him. She could have eaten those herself. "He seemed a little bit weird when I took him to my hive. Having fits whenever I came home from a busy night. Started with a twitch, his ears back and him drooling! Few nights later, Dauphin looked tired and unhappy! Not even when I gave him bones to chew on! Then he started to perk up whenever I gave him candy. But. how was I supposed to know those would make him sick?!"

Dauphin winced at the sound of Eridia's voice, drooling again as he felt a huge amount of stress thanks to her.

"Look at him doctor! He's at it agaaaain!"

nepsah
ohoho

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:24 pm

Right. Focusing on the patient would only work so well if she kept wailing like that. He winced slightly at the volume, unable to keep the reaction to himself. Still, he maintained a placid smile as she explained. He glanced down at the gerbil, then up to Eridia... then back down again... Aha, the noise was stressing him out. It was completely understandable, Floren was quite the a patient troll if he did say so himself (and he did) but even he was beginning to feel aggravated.

"He certainly is..." He gently placed a hand over Dauphin's ears, hoping to at least muffle the sounds for the poor creature. The candy damage was done for the most part, he could offer Dauphin some proper food but he likely wouldn't eat it with all the noise stressing him out so much. "He doesn't have these fits when you are away?" Still cupping the gerbil, he turned to look around the office, eyes eventually settling on a book. There-- just what he needed. He shifted to hold the gerbil to his chest with one hand, cupping him in place to muffle as much sound as possible, then went to retrieve the book. It was a basic on one the care and keeping of small rodents- gerbils included. He then turned around and held the book out toward Eridia.

"I highly recommend giving this book a read- it will detail the best way to care for and maintain your gerbil so that he may live a long and healthy life. You can take it for free, of course." One would think that reading up on the proper care and keeping of a creature before taking it under one's wing would be an obvious thing to do but... he supposed not everyone knew to do that.

ImaginationsParadise

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:01 pm
Eridia stopped yelling to think. She blinked repeatedly recalling the times her drones told her Dauphin behaved and ate without any complications while she was away. "I've never thought of it but, yes... WHAT GIVES?" This was just so... complicated?!

Eridia eyed the book, then the greenblood and back at the book. She took it, eyed it even as the highblood realized something.... "Are you suggesting this is somewhat MY FAULT!? That I don't know how to take care of a small gerbil like this one and shouldn't have even taken him for granted and should rely on a book-- a book?! I only want him to be happy!" Sure, taking it for free sounded lovely but still, Eridia knew more than a dumb book.

Her gerbil winced again and protested, this time she took notice of it. She looked down at the little critter in silence with a pout plastered on her face. "Fiiine, I'll give it a read. Any else on the matter though? I really want to become a good owner!"

nepsah

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:19 pm

Just as he thought... she seemed to take offense at pointing out that it was, indeed, her fault. He hadn't even really pointed it out yet. He stroked Dauphin gently, trying to soothe him. "Books are a necessity for all types of pets." He nodded, still smiling. "Even little ones like gerbils can be surprisingly needy. For instance, with all due respect ma'am your speech pattern often grows very loud... Loud volumes can cause a lot of stress for small mammals like Dauphin. I am sure that he would be much more lively and open to affection if he were in a quieter environment. It's clear that you care about him deeply, he's a very lucky gerbil to have an owner so willing to meet his needs." Bringing up a direct flaw for a highblood was dangerous territory, so Floren was sure to pile on plenty of praise immediately afterward. Hopefully she wouldn't be too upset.

"I can send you home with some treats for him as well. He shouldn't have them all the time, only when he's been very good or for a special occasion." Still holding the gerbil, he shuffled around the room to open a cabinet. Inside was a few packets of yogurt drop treats with pictures of gerbils on the packaging. He picked one up, then moved closer to Eridia to hold it out. "Here you go. Most of his diet should contains seeds or proper gerbil food, though."

ImaginationsParadise

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:57 pm
Eridia's shoulders slumped when Floren told her an unforeseen fact... She was too loud. She never saw that coming. So whenever she spoke or made a grand entrance... she was actually hurting Dauphin? "Oh no!" The highblood placed her hands on the greenblood's shoulders, not wanting to believe this. "Tell me that's not true doctor!" This was too much. Lovedad never complained about her tone of voice! Now that she thought of it, he was very loud as well...

Eridia went through the five stages of grief, as she mulled over this. First, denial. "No, no! You just made that up! I mean, if I was loud, then it'd bother everyone and as far as I know, I've NEVER bothered anyone with my tone of voice. Your diagnosis is somehow mistaken." Then, anger. Eridia crossed her arms and scoffed. "How come no one told me about this befoooore?! How can this happen to me? Why me, it's not fair!"

After a fit, the bargaining stage began. "Oh, I know! If you can do something about it, then I promise to be a better troll and owner!" The highblood slumped over again, entering the stage of depression. "Ugh, but that's impossible doctor, isn't it! I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"

Last but not least, Eridia accepted the fact with a sigh. "I may as well try my best to keep it down and feed him actual gerbil food. Oh, yes! Treats for Dauphin would do some good. After all my little sweetie pie deserves it." Rubbing her temples, Eridia looked back at Floren's book as she was handed the gerbil food. "Can't I just see a movie on this?" She whined, trying to see if there was anyway to become an expert fast.

nepsah

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:34 pm

He had half a mind to tell her that even if she had bothered someone else with her volume, they likely never would have told her on account of her status. Honestly... Sometimes highbloods just needed a gentle push in the right direction, and Floren was content to provide it when he could. "I am afraid it's true." He nodded solemnly, eyes briefly looking away from her to each of her hands on his shoulders... if he tapped his foot he could probably summon Skoli in an instant but did he dare? As lovely as highbloods were, they were more prone to violence...

Thankfully she let go of him, seeming to process this information as one would process grief. Well then... "I would say that if it's possible, simply keeping him in a room where sounds can be muffled would suffice. That way, whenever you're in the room with Dauphin you know to be a little quieter, but are still able to be as loud and free as you like in the rest of your hive, as is your right." He nodded, then shrugged. "I am sure there are probably some videos out there, I just haven't found them yet. If you learn better with verbal instructions, perhaps enlisting assistance with reading the book out loud would work best? We all have our best ways to learn, there's nothing wrong with that." That and... learning about something while being able to do something else was an excellent utilization of time. For those that could do it, anyway.

ImaginationsParadise

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:42 pm
"That's... not a bad idea!" Eridia smiled as she tapped her chin. "It's the best idea I've ever had!" Really, get Dauphin a good room for himself would do good for him, while she could control her tone of voice while she's at it! "I could get him the best block in my hive and maybe one in my business tower~ I'M SUCH A GENIUUUUS!" The highblood squealed as she rested her hand on Floren's shoulders.

"Learning is soooo boring though!" She protested. How many times had her lusus heard that line? PLENTY. Eridia would never stop saying that. "But if I have to... I'll do it." Just this once.

"Thank you doctor, I'm sure you're a miracle worker!" If not Eridia would be quick to sue. "I'll check to see if I can find anything on the matter that won't bore me to death and let you know about it ohohohoh, can't guarantee it but I can try finding something useful." She chuckled. Now she had to figure out how to get Dauphin to appreciate her company. She extended her arms forward, trying to let the gerbil know he can jump on her arms and cuddle her. Dauphin still seemed uneasy, a plain look was plastered on his face while he felt so comfortable with Floren.

"Oh my god... I think he hates me."
She looked at Floren, giving him an expecting look. He had to help her, right?

nepsah

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:01 pm

Two private blocks... this Gerbil was going to be quite spoiled. Oh, to be highblooded and able to indulge such whims. He struggled to maintain the smile as she squealed- this was almost over, he was sure of it. Soon, he could let his poor auricular spongeclots rest. "I'm sure you'll find it quite enlightening." He nodded. He looked down at Dauphin, then to her outstretched hands... surely she didn't mean for him to jump to her. Carefully, he gathered the gerbil and then gently placed him in her hands.

"I'm sure he's just feeling a little anxious is all. Like I said, maintain a low vocal tone while in his presence and feed him proper gerbil food and he'll be back to normal in no time." Floren smiled, gently petting Dauphin's head one last time before he clasped his hands together in front of him. "If you must be loud, be sure to cover his ears, it will help. If he becomes too frightened he may bite, after all."

ImaginationsParadise

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:11 pm
"Alright doctor!" She said, seconds later she noticed the tome she was using. "My mistake, ohoho, it will take quite a while, but I shall do my best to keep quiet around my sweetiepie~" Eridia threw a kiss at her gerbil and later smiled at the jadeblood. "Okay, I won't question you, as you know best. Unless, of course, this doesn't work."

Which will end up with her screaming into Floren's office once again.

"Thank you doctor, I'll contact you if Dauphine seems better and I'll let you know when I'm available for his next appointment." She winked. "Expect you pay to come as quickly as possible."

nepsah
thank you for your patience!

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:08 pm

Floren nodded, shuffling toward the door to hold it open for her, as would be polite. That and he sort of wanted her out of his hive. Sooner rather than later. Patience was a virtue that he valued highly but everyone had an end to their rope, after all. "That sounds lovely. I'm sure he'll recover quickly. Thank you for your patronage, it's truly a pleasure." Patronage. What a good word to put in there. Taking the time to study vocabulary was definitely working out.

He waited while Eridia and her... servants departed, then closed the door behind them. Only when he was sure they'd been on their way for a while did he let out a long sigh.... then turned go to clean up in his office. Ugh.

ImaginationsParadise
i think we can count this as finished!

Alternia RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas