Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1v1] Beware the Batman (Joy v Cassie)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Huni Pi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:05 pm
Joy was not in the library, she wasn't usually there anyway, nor was she in the kitchens. She was, however, at the training fields, getting in some last minute sparring before the whole Winter Island Weather really hit and made spar sessions a real pain.

And not the fun kind. So she was pleasantly surprised to find she wouldn't have to be fighting a dummy that day, "Hey, Cassie!" she greeted, then switched to an indoor voice the closer she got to the red-head. "Fancy seeing you here!"

Carhop Cavalier

Carhop Cavalier rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:30 am
"Oh, hey Joy." Cassie would usually be happy to see Joy, but training with Tendaji was always frustrating as all hell. The weapon was unruly, unwieldy, and just plain uncomfortable to handle. She barely scored any hits on the dummy she'd been working on, the long rope usually just ending up pooling at her feet.

Stupid child. The popobawa continued to ring the message through her head, bursts of pressure cascading against her skull. "You hear to train too?"

Huni Pi

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:03 pm
"Yeah, while the weather isn't, like, trying to turn me into an ice cube," she grinned, "You up for a spar? Or would you prefer the dummies?" The look on Joy's face was one hopeful for a living partner to fight against, rather than settling for a dummy. She'd summoned her weapon all the same, having already warmed up before got to the training fields.

Carhop Cavalier

Carhop Cavalier rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:23 am
Well, a light spar wouldn't hurt, would it? Cassie was so out of practice with Tendaji anyway, that she had no excuse not to spar with Joy. Plus, seeing Joy glistening with sweat and... no, no, no no no. Stop it Cassie. Stop.

"Ah, yeah. Sparring sounds good!" Cassie smiled nervously, the bat shaped charm around her neck dissolving in a black ooze, the weapon materializing in her hands. A long rope with a weight on one end, and a bat shaped blade on the end. Cassie giggled at Joy. "I am the night."

A flick of her wrist sent the blade whizzing by Joy, scathing her right arm. "s**t, I actually hit?"

HP: 40
DMG: 3
CHG: 0/3

Huni Pi

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Huni Pi rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 8 Total: 10 (2-20)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:15 pm
Joy's brows rose, ooooh that was definitely an interesting type of weapon. She couldn't remembering ever fighting against chains, and for a brief moment she remembered the 50 Shades book Chantelle lent her. That was interesting, but she pushed the thought back to focus on the spar.

"Maybe you do better with a moving target," Joy laughed, swinging the bladed shovel at the other woman's arm.

HP: 47/50
Damage: 4
Charge: 1/3

Carhop Cavalier

Carhop Cavalier rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:20 pm
The bladed shovel skimmed across Cassie's arm, digging a cut. She winced and hissed, bringing up the tail end of Tenten to whack Joy in the side. "Huh, maybe I do." Cassie stuck her tongue out at Joy, whirling the rope above her head to hopefully keep some space between them. Close combat was sooo not her strong suit.

HP: 36
CHG: 2/3

Huni Pi

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Huni Pi rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-20)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:17 pm
It wasn't that Joy was holding back on the spar, but she didn't want to just beat down on someone who was trying to get a hang of combat. So while she tried to close the distance between her and Cassie, the swing she made was meant to unbalance the death hunter more than anything.

"I'll be sure to keep moving if that'll help," she grinned, "And trust me, I've built up a lotta stamina."

HP: 44/50
Damage: 3
Charge: 2/3

Carhop Cavalier

Carhop Cavalier rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 2 Total: 5 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:29 pm
Cassie couldn't help but giggle at the comment about Joy's stamina, because of course Joy had no idea what that comment could be taken as. And, of course, that giggle distracted Cassie enough to make her fall on her a** with Joy's swing, Tendaji falling in a loose mess of rope around her. ********, stupid weapon." She grumbled, getting up on her feet, grabbing the cord on the way up. "Yeah, just like that. Keep moving Joy."

She blushed brilliantly, completely shocked that she'd let the thought slip.

Focus, stupid.

HP: 33
DMG: 0

Huni Pi

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Huni Pi rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 7 Total: 9 (2-20)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:37 pm
When Cassie fell, Joy shouldered her weapon and walked over to the Death hunter. Unfortunately, her timing was off because when she bent over to offer her hand, Cassie had scrambled to her feet and, well, there was a bit of a collision between them. Joy may have accidentally head-butted the death hunter.

"Ay tanga!" she winced, rubbing the spot, "I shoulda kept moving like you said," she laughed.

HP: 44/50
Damage: 3
Charge: 3/3

Carhop Cavalier

Carhop Cavalier rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 8 Total: 11 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:12 pm
The accidental headbutt sent Cassie reeling, but she had just enough sense in the middle of her recovery to flick her wrist towards herself, sending the bat blade soaring along and over Joy's shoulder, leaving a series of shallow cuts along the woman.

"Ack, ack ack." Cassie hissed, holding her head. This wasn't a real battle, she knew, but Tendaji and her own nagging thoughts chastised her for not continuing the attack. She'd be dead if Joy were a horseman.

HP: 30
DMG: 5

Huni Pi

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Huni Pi rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 6 Total: 16 (2-20)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:50 pm
This was a spar, and Cassie's latest attack reminded Joy of that fact. The intermediate moon gave the trainee death hunter a smirk, "Hope that armor you got on's as good as your FEAR shield," was all the warning Joy gave before she put her hip into the swing of her weapon.

HP: 39/50
Damage: 10
Charge: 3/3

Carhop Cavalier

Carhop Cavalier rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 2 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:36 pm
"********." Cassie hissed as the bladed shovel once again lacerated her, forcing the Death trainee to take a few steps back.

Release me

No, not yet. Tendaji pulsated, ringing her skull like a damn bell. Cassie responded to Joy's swing with a wide arc of her own. "You trying to kill me, Joy?"

HP: 20
CHG: 3/3

Huni Pi

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items