Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Reconstruction (Melvin/Rep) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:00 am

Back on the island, back under the sun, and back to his life (with a much larger responsibilty now with Atlantis), Melvin was back to the one task he set for himself when talking to Dwight about his future. The one thing he dared let himself think of and hope for even with the ridiculous of how unsafe building in Towns was.

A home.

Without the rain, Melvin mabaged to finally lay down the foundation to his home, get Deus' reconstruction services department to advise him where to set lines for hookups to electricity and plumbing, and had build uo the skeletal frame of his home.

Inside, building materials sat under a tarp for later use. A runic saw was set up inside and Melvin worked in marking a few boards for the window frames and door drames. A set of doors and storm windows sat against the ither side of the room.

While the sun felt warm he didn't complain. It was nice to be under light, and at least the island hd a cool breeze in the fall. He was dressed un a pair of worn jeans and a Rust Razor Carnival t-shirt.

baneful

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:13 am

The first steps were always the hardest and as Rep made his way over to where he knew Melvin was working on building a house it was with acute awareness of his pride and how dented it felt by coming here after so resolutely swearing off of the other man for ever.

Rep was shirtless and a little sunburned across his shoulders with a pair of ratty shoes and denims on, his usual loose gold chains around his neck and the brilliant sapphire of Blue Kingdom at his throat.

He leaned against one of the more sturdy looking frames and cleared his throat.

"Awright?" he said.

Moonkitsune

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:25 am
Melvin was staring at two boards and glancing at a notebook of scribbled measurements and a open, slightly sawdust-covered book. The look of uncertainty plan on his face. A few boards were on the ground beside him which would be tossed into the spare wood heap later. By this point, he just made sure to always order more supplies.

As he heard Rep, he jumped in his skin before looking around at the many open parts of the house before he spotted the death hunter, and seeing him there felt more surprising than hearing him.

Stunned, he looked around and back. "Uh...I guess. Haven't lost any fingers yet and nothing has caved in. So....so good so far?" He said with a smile.

"How about you?" He hadn't seen Rep since their spar, and he felt bad that it was ince again for something he needed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:36 am

Rep shrugged. "Decent. I've been a lot ******** worse I guess. Getting s**t together."

"And you know like, there are some guys who work with the island on towns I could hook you up with. I mean it'll cost you in duties, or money or whatever but they could probably help you out. Building houses is a pain in the arse, guys with trades are more valuable than PHDs on this rock."

He looked away, at the island as a whole. "It's ******** weird talking to people again." he said. "Feels like that ******** scene in a movie where someone gets to talk to their loved ones again one last ******** time before going away for ever."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 am
"Yeah, I had a few numbers but lost the others. Didn't think I'd need it again." He said with a weak laugh before he frowned.

"Kind of...wanted to build as much as I could by my own hands. Make it....more mine. Like it would mean something more if I did most of it but, guess that's not feasible when I'm not a carpenter, plumber, or electrician."

"..lot harder with one person."

He set the pencil down so he could move over and sit on a stack of sheetrock he had on a pallet. "It's nice seeing you around." But the way Rep described the feeling had him concerned. "But, you're not going away...right?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:03 am

"Probably no." he said with a shrug of his shoulders. "I think I'm harder to ******** get rid of than that I guess. Think I'll be here a while longer."

Rep had little interest in construction, more a destruction kind of guy at heart, so the whole building a house thing held limited interest for him. At least it meant Melvin was away from the vampire he'd decided to date for whatever reason.

"I wouldn't know how to build a flooring joint or a like, cavity wall tie and s**t. I leave that s**t up to the experts."

Rep sauntered over and picked up the pencil, eyeing it before almost absently putting it in his pocket. "I couldnae be bothered building my house mysel. I just got people to help with it and paid them. I need my time for like, training and s**t. Plus I get called away at really ******** short notice."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:32 am
He looked visibly relieved that there was no mention of a dangerous mission looming ahead or outright desire to make a rash and fatal decision. While he still wondered ehat caused Rep to visit or mention his feelings about talking after so long, he let it go in fear it would not be repeated. Instead, he considered it as the nice visit it was.

He looked up at the frame around him. "Yeah. You have a point. I'd apprecuate the numbers if you have them. Not like I'm doing anythubg with the money I have now aside from this." Maybe he could get Fred to contact the 2numvers Rep gave him and set up the construction of his house for him. "Just nice to be outside at least."

"Guess Harrison doesn't talk carpenter shop with you?" He joked.

He watched as Rep walked inside, picking uoband taking the pencil for himself. Melvin didn't comment as it was just a pencil after all. "That sounds exhausting to always be unsure if you are going to be called away. What do they send you off doing recently?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:50 am

"If he does I don't ******** listen. I find the whole building s**t thing really boring honestly." he shrugged as if this was completely understandable. "I like it when other people do it."

He gave Melvin a shrug of his shoulders and then smirked crytpically. "Whatever Caelius wants me to do." he said adding a wink.

"I see you've been busy with mostly crazy relationship drama. I stayed out of it but good to see you are sorting your s**t out. I hope you are going to get a sweet ******** sound system."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:27 am
"Well, sorting out best that mess can. More like trying to get past it and find some balance. Try and get some stability and not ******** everything up again or....make the same bad choices. Maybe be more aware what's going on around me."

He didn't mention that part of his ******** was picking a a*****e and his delusions over his friends and the hard truth.

"I hadn't thought of furnishings but yeah. I would like to be avle to blast my music amd drown out everything. Can't do that without someone trying to kick down my door. No neighbors here." That was one good thing about towns. There was space.

"So what's it like working for Caelius? I only ever see him when he is tearing a hole in the universe and sending people to the Sahara." Which meant he thought he was an a*****e.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Rep shrugged. "Sometimes all we do is make the same bad choices over and over and over again. And who the ******** knows, maybe in the end that's awright. I've ******** up plenty and never really admitted much of it over the years."

In spite of having a home and a partner with even a kid included in all of it, Rep fundamentally wasn't really the family sort. His idea of family was vague and broken and he always quickly found himself tiring of discussions of houses, picket fences, neighbours and lawns. He was glad when the conversation moved onto Cael instead, his expression lighting up.

"The boss is so ******** strong man, he's super flashy and cool. He just like, kicks a** man. Him and Circe man. He's amazing. Sometimes he sends people to the sahara aye but he's also amazing. He saved my life once!" And he gestured emphatically to a scar in his side.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:22 pm
Melvin smiled at the clear fangirling Rep was doing for Caelius, but decided not to point it out. "So, saved your life how - that's a mark. I never saw him kick a**. Just kick our asses." He said, waiting to hear a story.

"Circe is his weapon, right?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:57 pm

"Aye. Circe's really really dangerous and scary honestly. She can wipe your memories clean if she wants to. Not one to mess with at all, but she's ******** strong so it's all right. She's beautiful too. A real woman." Because evidently to Rep being considered a real woman meant that you had to be both goddess tier beautiful and entirely able to kick his a**.

"Cael does a lot for the island just like, no one really sees him do it, they just see what happens when you get in his way. If you get under his feet he'll ******** you up no question. If you are useful he might only ******** you up a little."

He sighed dreamily. "We just fight a lot of crazy s**t in Death and there's been so many times I'd be dead and maybe everyone on the island if it wasn't for him saving us."

Moonkitsune

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:57 pm
"I guess ignorance is bliss for us who don't know any better what Caelius and you guys are up to most of the time. Not that it's nice for any of you guys. All that work and no one to give you a thank you. Just work and assholes when you get back."

"So ...Caelius has Circe as a golem sometimes?" He wasn't sure how Rep saw her as beautiful unless she was outside of her weapon. "Never imaged Leads doing that kind of thing."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:10 pm

Rep laughed a little bitterly, realising the depths of what Melvin had no idea about.

"I've met her a lot of times now. I rescued her when she was trapped before. I've even weilded her." And the mention of the last made goosebumps rise on his arms, he'd almost lost everything to the power she weilded and the effect she had on people.

"She's beautiful and terrible and so much more than a golem. And yet she's also saved me in turn I'm sure. It's er. It's ******** complicated is what it is. I don't mind my job though, it's never boring and I don't want to like, you know, murder people on the island as much. What's the point when we are so small compared to everything out there?"

Moonkitsune

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:10 pm
He bristled at the idea of holding someone else's weapon, let alone that of a Lead. The idea was somewhat alluring, but somehow the intimacy of it and the sheer dread of something happening or ******** up also took place. "That's....pretty amazing to be able to wield his weapon. To even be let to do that."

And he felt a slow sinking feeling. "I guess.....I'm a little jealous how far you've gone. It's almost like you could be a Lead yourself now...being able to go that far."

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff