Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Not Another One (Mara + Lawrence ) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:10 pm
"Oh yes. That noise.If it can do that then I hope it will work on the bruise your misbehaving son gave me. The doctors here said as much. I don't like marks like some pub slag." She rubbed her arm wherr the bruise still stayed. Her bond was weak and the bruise came before her weapon.

She watched him. "Daddy.." She tested again. "Can I look at your face?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:15 pm

"It should do, it is marvellous at mending any minor injury." He smirked wryly. "Just don't go losing any limbs."

She got a slightly suspicious look for her request but he nodded. "Certainly?"

Though he found himself just a little self concious.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:56 pm
She moved to stand before him, using her fingers to just barely graze under his chin to lift it to the light. Her attention moved to his eyes to take in the vividness of color, before she looked at his brow, cheekbones, structure of his jaw, and the slope of his neck and shoulders. The indentations, pore size, stuble showing he still shaved, natural wrinkles, sunken flesh, pale pigmentation, and thickness of his hair. Makeup lightly applued. A few gray hairs. Not bald though. The hairline wasn't receeding. He smelled of familiar colognes she knew from the clubs.

"You haven't aged too terribly from your photos." But things could be altered. "Have you had botox or any surgery?" She turned her head to look at one side of his face and then under his chin.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:05 pm

It felt strange to be put under such close scrutiny and he found himself wishing that he'd dressed up a little more and spent even more time than usual on his hair and skin.

"Too terribly." he repeated with an edge of irritation. There was still certainly an implication age had done him a disservice. He knew it was the case and could see it every day but to hear it aloud was galling.

"But no, nothing." he said, regarding botox or surgery. "I never saw the need, though was something which certainly wasn't and potentially still isn't off the agenda for ever." Though he didn't actually see Rodney agreeing with any opinion that he needed surgery.

He didn't mind being examined like a pedigree cat and tried to enjoy the attention for what it was.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:16 pm
"Oh that's good to hear. Then this isn't due to alterations. I'm glad to see Mother made the right choice in who made me and I won't be aging to a old bag. You can never tell with just a photo. You are still handsome, haven't lost your hair, bloated to a cherry, or sagged. Everything is still sharp and firm. Miles above the men I've seen who let lazines and liquor get to em." Makeup could take care of a lot but bad gentetics could ruin a woman too quickly.

She leaned to kiss his cheek, glad for smudge-proof lipstick.

"Can we go home, Daddy Dear?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:52 pm

Lawrence was soothed by the compliments, having met some sort of unspoken standard. It made him feel a little prouder, a little stronger by extension. "Why thank you my dear." he said, giving her a grateful little nod.

"My body is a temple." he said. "And more besides."

Rising from where he was sitting he nodded. "Certainly, let's get you settled in. The house itself must be kept clean and pristine because we are nothing if not the face we present to the world, but I'm sure you can appreciate that. Otherwise your room will be entirely your own, decorate however you like. I make meals for the household if you are inclined to share and contribute to the bills, but equally you are welcome to make your own. Most of the rooms have large closet space and good mirror access, there are three bathrooms, two have showers, one is an en suite for the master bedroom."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:30 pm
"I'll have to grab my luggage from the dorms. I didn't bother unpacking. Just grabbed my purse from it. I hope the mirrors are full length." Though she would want several in her room.

She followed beside him, not sure the etiquette with a father compared to that of just a older gentleman. The kinds that favored young company. In this case, she slipped her arm about his available one.

"It will be fun to have a father." It rounded out gaps in her near perfect portfolio.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:54 am
“It is if your father is a good one.” Lawrence said, taking her hand back. His hand was soft, clearly manicured and never seeing a day’s work, but he was wearing a strange ring on his index finger, shaped like a twisted claw. He was careful to keep the sharp talon away from her hand and grip only with his other fingers. “Mine was not. I try not to repeat his tedious mistakes where I can avoid it.”

He lazily led the way in the direction of the towns, stepping out into the bright sunshine. “You can retrieve your things once you get your bearings on where you will be living from now on.”

It was a pleasant day and for once Lawrence didn’t feel cold.

“We’ve got quite a bit of getting caught up to do I should think. I won’t lie to you any more than has already been in your life, and you can do with the information what you will. I’m curious how you’ve fared to this point, you must be almost twenty now, time certainly flies.”  

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:08 am
Her own was equally tender and soft, and she held his hand with the novelty of being beside her Dad. It would be nice if she had a decent camera. The sun was out and the lighting perfect.

"18." She corrected. "But mature." She added. "I have my portfolios with my things if you want to see my progress through the years." It was vitsl to document hoe she aged and thr accomplishments of the jobs she landed in her career. "Mother was very firm in that I keep busy and my momentum forward while I still had my youth to build up my reputation. I'm sure she is enjoying the role of the mourning mother. The attention should be sweet against all the lost work. What Ian will she find now?"

She leaned against him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:10 pm

It was so strange, this morning he handn't had a daughter at all and now she was back in his life, fabulous and very attractive. He found himself thinking idly that Valeri would love to meet her, before reminding himself that wouldn't be very practical at all and she might find it strange, though to him there was nothing strange about it.

"Absolutely, I'd love to see how you grew up, I'm only sorry I wasn't there, but your mother seems to have had no problem."

And of course she'd enjoy the mourning, so many people consoling her and opening their hearts to her, wanting a hit of her grief, a kick from the pain of another, reminding themselves it could be worse and that all their problems were smaller than that.

"She's a very capable woman, no doubt she'll find herself a wealthy man to keep her in excellent surroundings for as long as she wishes it to be so." he said, giving her a soft little smile. "She won't want for anything, I daresay she never has for very long. She's one of life's do-ers."

The house was unmistakable, the front garden now resplendent with gently smiling white angel statues, tamed ivy rising at their feet and a few rosebushes under the windows, several in full brilliant white bloom. The property was in excellent repair and seemed to have been recently repainted, all the white trim around the slate roof fresh and bright. It was obvious that someone, possibly several someones truly loved the place.

Quite unsurprisingly given Lawrence's attitude to family the front garden was bordered by a white picket fence, but the back garden had much higher wooden privacy fencing which screened it off from view completely.

'Home sweet home." he said, "My garden of Eden."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items