Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Loose Strings (Mara/Mik/Malkam) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:14 pm
Distant and far in the back reaches, a pod's screen flashed bright as a mechanical beeping came from the display.

baneful

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:07 am
Malkam was on pod duty. It wasn't the worst duty in the world, and he was with Mik, so he was okay with it. Still, he found all the rows of people really, really creepy.

He'd brought along a book, in case Mik wanted to draw, and a deck of cards in case he didn't.

He did, as it turned out, but only with various chores at stake to sweeten the pot. It wasn't like gambling was illegal. There wasn't much of anything that was illegal, to be honest. With a lot of chores on the line, Malkam didn't want to play anything too quick (that stuff was going to pile up real fast) so blackjack and poker were out.

Go Fish, however, was a pretty good bet.

Looking over his hand thoughtfully, Malkam asked, "Got any tens?"

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:48 am

Mikael eyed his cards thoughtfully. Normally he didn't like playing games versus people, tending to get really carried away with the competitive aspect, but today it was fine. Somehow having stakes to gain made it more tolerable.

He was about to reply to the other man when he heard the beeping, looking along the pods at the souce of the sound, looking alarmed.

"Someone's waking up??" he said anxiously. He'd been hoping this would be an easy shift.

"What do we even do?"

Moonkitsune

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:57 am
"Ummmmmm," Malkam put down his hand and pulled over the sheet with instructions.

"Okay, sorry, here it is. I think it's like, pretty much foolproof, like all the stuff takes care of itself, and we just open the door? And give them a tour?"

Malkam grinned.

"Could be fun."

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:08 am

"Right okay!" Mikael said brightly. "We can do that much. I'm very knowledgeable about the island." He knew he wasn't but he didn't care, what they didn't know they could totally bullshit no problem.

"I hope it's a hot dude." he said, gathering up a clipboard and sauntering over to the pod and peering into it. It wasn't a dude at all.

"Aww, it's a girl." he said. "Annd her name is Mara... Mara Engel."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:18 am
"Hey, she's cute!" Malkam said in surprise, looking over the sheet suspiciously, "and....not fifty? Wow."

He waved at the glass.

"Maybe she'll want to hang out after."

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:40 am
The flickering of light pulled her from her sleep, wincing at the flashes if blue from Malkam's waving.she felt horrible, and blamed it immediately on jetlag. Moving was hard as she felt contained in, and guessed she was still on the plane. Bad airline movies could explain the odd dreams and she went to touch her brow before it hit glass.

As her vision adjusted, she looked up at what was 2 teenaged outside of a - tanning bed? She pushed on the lid. Did the salon experience a blackout? If she was tanning, why was she dressed?

baneful

toshihiko two

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:56 am
“I hope no-GOOD MORNING.” Mikael interrupted himself abruptly as the doir opened. “Welcome to Deus!”  

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:46 am
"Morning, sunshine," Malkam followed up, with a more-charming-than-usual smile.

"You probably have a lot of questions." He looked briefly at all the numbers on the monitor next to the tank, briefly wondered if they were supposed to be writing them down, and decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

"Between the two of us, we can probably even answer some of them. I'm Malkam, this is Mikael. And this is, um- the Pod room. Really exciting. Over there is the chairs we were sitting in." He used his pen to point.

"Plus, the card game we were playing," he pointed at that too. "I was winning,"
he said, significantly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:25 am
She very slowly stepped out and leaned on the pod. A hand went to press her dress smooth, adjust her top and then smooth her hair and braids. She felt like crap."mein Kopf." She muttered.

"What is this.....here..." The boys were attentive and offering their full assistance.

"What was I doing in there?" She would have asked why they were watching her but thay was obvious. Before she left home, she had made sure to do everything necessary for a trip. Mani, Pedi, and Salon.

Her eyes went to the chair with cards and then to the pods all around her, which had more of a abduction vibe to her.

"I need to sit." She said and moved to the chairs, tucking her skirts as she settled in one of the chairs.

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:23 am

"He wasn't winning." Mikael said firmly. "I was just about to kick his a**."

He looked the girl over curiously, remembering faintly how confusing it had been to wake up here and remember why he'd even chosen this as a life to live.

"I think you do your trial in stuff in there!" he said brightly, a little too perky. "Do you remember killing anyone? It's ok they aren't /really/ dead. Unless their time runs out in here theennnn they're dead."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:51 am
"German, that's cool," Malkam said. He gave Mik a weird look for how he brought up the whole dying thing.

"Everybody in here is sleeping, like you were, and not dead. He just means if you're in here for like, two years, obviously waking up again uh, doesn't always work out. Your head okay? You can have some of my soda," he said. The soda was next to the chair and only half-drunk out of.

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:09 am
"Yes." She confirmed the language, not sure if he was fluent or just recognized the sound of it. "Do you speak it?" If she was near home then things were not so bad.

She didn't look at the soda. That amount of sugar and empty calories was a death sentence.

"No thank you. Soda makes me sick. Do you two....work here? Are you attendants?" Staff? Help? They had jackets but no name tags. Interns? Was this a hospital? A sick ward?

"I don't remember. Everything is fuzzy. Am I sick?" Had she killed? There had been blood but everything was fragmented, like trying to sort pieces of movie clips in order. It wasn't important now. She was alive. She was here. Everything looked in order.

Her hands settled to check her arms and then lightly lifted up her skirts just a little to see that there were no marks. No stab wounds. No bloodstains. "I don't look like I've been anywhere." She looked up to them both as she let her skirts down and set her hands gently in her lap, legs bent at a respectable 90 degrees.

"Malkam. Mikael." She tested the names. "Why was I sleeping? I thought I was going someplace." Sleeping for 2 years felt like an exaggeration and so she dismissed it. What was concerning was she didn't have her clutch. "Where are my things?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:44 am

Mikael shook his head regarding speaking German.

"We live here. So do you. You signed up for this." he shrugged his shoulders. "Just one big family."

He stepped away from her a little bit.

"I hope you aren't sick, that'd be gross."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:46 am
Malkam grinned. "Svenska! I thought so. I have been to German clubs, but no, I only know enough to recognise it. You should be okay. I don't think we can get regular colds anymore, anyway. Plus, you did go someplace! There's a beach outside. Sorry it's weird in here."

He tried not to openly watch her lift her skirt with too much interest.

He offered her a hand.

"They have to put everyone like that so they can find a partner. Did you dream about that, too?"

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff