Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
Bring me to life [Kim, Terry and ?? (others who ask?)] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:58 am
Kim looked down at her own body. She was pacing around the room, and something kept following her. Her shadow tag-along was driving her insane. No matter how hard she looked it wasn't showing itself, but it also was not going away.

In an attempt to retain sanity she started to think of it as a kind of shadow pet, annoying perhaps but it wasn't going to leave her alone. She also was spending a lot of time just watching herself lay there, and the one person who continued to come visit.

She tried to talk to him, tried to calm him, and most of all just tried to let him feel her, but it was also no good. As she could not get a reaction from the shadow, she could also not get one from Terry. It was emotionally exhausting. No rest, since sleep would never come. No breaks, just a constant...between being. Not dead, not alive. Just here.

Lizbot

huni pi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:03 pm
It felt like she was being pulled, and dragged into the pod. She resisted a time but finally gave up and let what was coming come. Her eyes opened, peering at the inside of the pod, one hand reaching up to grab onto the inside, trying to make it open. She didn't understand the slight time lag between her waking and the pod opening, it was long enough to make her panic. What if she died, IN the pod.. wait, wasn't she already dead?  

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:47 am
A week of falling asleep on a chair was not very good for Terry. But it wasn't anything new, not really. There were those weeks he'd spent binge-watching or reading whatever anime or manga he'd recently discovered, and those times he obsessed over Lets Plays before actually playing said video games. Granted the chair he would fall asleep in then had padding and some form of support.

The folding chair he got was pretty much just there so someone could sit down. Comfort was a luxury and he could not afford it. Eventually a thermos of coffee (the cheap instant kind) would join him on his vigil, for however long it would take for the magic of Deus and Fear shields and runes to do their thing.

Because Power of Love and Power of Friendship should work in this scenario god dammit!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:09 pm
huni pi

Kim was fully awake, her hands presses to the top of the pod, trying to open it. She gasped in shock, and for a moment nearly screamed. Finally the pod opened and she sat up with a moaning gasp of shock. She looked around heart thudding, weak as a kitten. She was very disoriented and the only settling thing was that she saw Terry. "Terry.. Am I really, are you really?". She tried to rise to her feet.

Her weight was too much, her muscles refused to allow her out of the pod and she could only reach out.  

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:26 pm
Seren came down the hall, carrying a snack for Terry. She'd been worrying about him since the day the damned Tree took Kim from them. He was, in her mind, neglecting himself and that would do no one, not even Kim, if she by some miracle came back, any good. She was going to make sure he didn't kill HIMSELF over this.

She came down the hall in time to see Kim's pod opening, and to hear her words. She froze, and stepped back, trying to give the couple a moment to reunite.

And also to give her stunned heart time to start beating again. Kim really HAD come back from the dead. This was impossible! No one came back from the dead! She pressed her back to the wall, and just watched in baffled confusion.

Steal

Huni Pi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:22 pm
Terry's head immediately snapped up at the sound of the lid lifting, eyes widening before he got to his feet to... to do what? He'd never been there when a hunter freshly woke from the pod. Was he supposed to press buttons? Call someone? In his indecision and inaction, Kim eventually emerged, though she clearly needed help.

He dropped the manga he'd been rereading to occupy his time during the vigil and reached out for his girlfriend. "It's me, yes," his voice was its usual monotone, but his expression was softer, as he held her.

Steal
((for some reason I didn't get your quote D8

Aria Starstone

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:33 pm
Kim burst into very uncharacteristic tears. She had been sure the rest of her existence would be watching,. Seeing her body decay and Terry move on. "Was, I dead? I went to the tree, something happened, then I was on the ground. Then in Atlantis, everyone was heading to, a court and all kinds of ghosts were there. And Burt.. The shadow that was following me.". Darn lack of ghost selfies.

She hugged Terry hard. " I feel so weak.. Floaty.."

huni pi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:49 pm
Her eyes watched everything, unable not to stare, and part of her, unable to not be a little envious, wondering if she'd ever have some one who would want to camp outside a pod for her if it had been her.

But that wasn't why she had come. She gave them another moment or two of embracing before she had to do SOMETHING, because otherwise she was basically spying on them.

She took a quiet breath, then stepped into view, and pretending she hadn't seen yet, said "Terry, I brought you something to ea... KIM. You're... You're ALIVE!" She managed to pull off the act of sounding shocked and stunned by dint of the fact that she was still very much shocked by this. It seemed to be impossible, but it was true. "Oh my gods, Kim!"

Huni Pi

Steal

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:04 pm
Terry's face was about to show actual emotion to comfort his girlfriend, but his instinct to shut down all expressions in the presence of more than one person kicked in. He did demonstrate his manly manliness by sweeping Kim off her feet, and wasn't sure if he should be horrified at how light she was.

"A shadow?" he softly murmured, before Seren came within earshot. "Kim was never dead. She just," he said in utmost seriousness "Needed time for the Power of Love and Friendship to work."

Steal
If the word quote is capitalized, I don't get notified.

Aria Starstone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:16 pm
huni pi

Kim was shocked at how easy Terry got her out of the pod. She had such a hard time of it. She laced her arms around him, the noticed Seren walk in. "Seren, I made you cry, I'm sorry. I'm sorry you both worried."

She was glad Terry was holding her. Standing seemed a bit impossible. "Melvin, he is still down there.. I got pushed back here so fast, but no one saw me.. I saw you in Atlantis Seren.". Kim hugged Terry. "I saw you here all those days. You couldn't see or hear me, but you never gave up..". Kim wiped her eyes. "I am so glad, glad I know you both, glad you chose to love me Terry, and to be my friend Seren"  

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:27 pm
Seren gave Terry a curious look, for a moment, then said "She was as close to dead as anyone I've ever known has come... I'm glad you were right that she wasn't, though." She bit her lip, hard, trying not to cry, remembering the feeling of believing some one she was beginning to think of as family was dead.

Finally, she came closer, and set the wrapped box of home made cookies next to Terry's chair, and reached over to give Kim's hand a squeeze, not wanting to push in on the both of them with a hug. "Kim... I'm just glad you're alive, that you're with us."

Huni Pi

Steal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:15 pm
"Just don't do it again," Terry said, "Even though you both look like main protags who are guaranteed to survive, plot-armor isn't permanent. Not unless this place takes cues from a harem anime, in which case Status Quo is King. And please don't let dying and coming back to life be the status quo." He may have tried to sound like he was cracking a joke but that deadpan and blank expression made it difficult to tell.

His eyes softened as he continued to looked at Kim before turning to Seren to give her a nod of gratitude. "Thank you for your care."

Steal

Aria Starstone

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:40 am
Kim shuddered at the thought, she had really been dead, had really come back to life and was really creeped out. "I don't think I want to check and see if I am some kind of superhero who gets to always come back in the next issue.". She smiled at Seren holding out one hand to her, still leaning on Terry, grateful she was small and light. "I am sorry I upset you, both of you. I messed up and had to do all I could to fix it. For everyone here."

Kim kissed Terry on the cheek. "I wasn't ready to leave you behind, but really, do you need a harem to be happy? I don't think I can work with that Ter."

aria starstone

huni pi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:00 am
Seren took Kim's outstretched hand, and squeezed it softly, closing her eyes as she felt like she was going to start crying again, the misery of the past week overwhelming her for a moment. Her friend was back, she shouldn't be crying, but the urge to cry was stupidly, overwhelmingly, strong at that moment. She couldn't even speak for a good long minute.

Seren blinked at the comments between the two about harems, her expression one of utter bafflement, as she still had no real concepts of how anime worked.

Finally, though, she said "Kim... I missed you, and I'm glad... I'm glad you made it back to us. Don't you ever ******** do that to us again." The first was said in a grateful voice... The second in a fierce, slightly dangerous voice.

She looked over at Terry, and her tone evened out into one of simple caring for her friend. "I told you, I couldn't let you waste away. Kim wouldn't have wanted that... And nor would I. You're my friend, dude."

Huni Pi

Steal

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:44 pm
Narrative convention would require Terry to flinch at Kim's snuffing out any fantasies of harem-endings the intermediate life trainee might have. But Terry was used to being disappointed and thus he managed to maintain his stoic expression.

"It was just a point of reference," he explained to Kim, lightly pressing his forehead against hers and murmuring a nearly inaudible "Boop." Before pulling his head back to say, "I second Seren's sentiments in not making that a habit. And," he once again set his blue eyes on the shorter woman. "You best not go on your own near-death adventure."

Steal

Aria Starstone

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas