Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Maybe don't walk that way? (Xatu, Xefo, Budek)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:46 pm
((Set before Budek wins his challenge))

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Xatu was on his way out once again, after an extended stay in his home pride. Umkhombo had seemed eager to see him off. It might be the desire for news from the outside world, or just that he didn't want him to lounge around for too long. Either way Xatu didn't mind. As weird as it had felt the first time he left as an Enda it was part of his life now. Staying too long in the Bonelands would start to feel like being stuck after a while. He'd had a long talk with the new leading male after the power shift and he was confident he'd still have his place as long as he stayed useful.

Xatu liked being useful. He enjoyed jogging along, despite knowing that he couldn't keep this speed up very long. Better make good use of the fading light this evening.

Xefo wouldn't have minded a longer stay, but being on the move had its advantages too. He descended in slow wide spirals, calling a warning to his lion companion before landing on his back. It would soon be too dark for him to scout ahead so he intended to ride along if the fool lion insisted on running all night.

"There's a lion going this way," he stated. If the other lion had spotted the vulture descending and expected an easy meal he'd be disappointed. Xedo grinned at the thought.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:54 pm
Annchen

This place was different than anywhere he'd been before. A lot more desert, much more than he would have liked per-say but a new place was a new place. He had a curious itch to check out places others usually wouldn't and this direction had been one of them. He just couldn't fathom, aside from sand and desolation, why anyone would avoid this location.

Oh look, another lion! He spotted the shadow of the avian much sooner though. He wasn't a fan of birds, to many small bones so it took little interest from him. The lion on the other paw was very interesting. So others COULD thrive out here, at least he seemed healthy enough to him. "Hello!" he called out as he grew closer, the male didn't appear to be hostile, so no reason to act hostile first, right?  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:51 am
The stranger looked friendly enough, and Xatu had no reason to act territorial out here. He had been in a fair amount of confrontations out in the roguelands by now, but he didn’t actively seek them out. It was better if he could save his energy for finding food and scouting for the pride. With Xefo’s help it was easy enough to keep himself fed and out of trouble.

”Hello,” he answered the males call. ”You’re getting close to a pride, just so you know.”

Xefo studied the male, turning his head this way and that as if he couldn't decide what eye he wanted to use. Finally, he settled on the left eye, and proceded to stare down the lion. For now, he didn’t appear to have any objections, but at the least sign of trouble he’d make sure they’d get out of the situation. The old vulture hadn’t reached this age by being gullible.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:19 pm
Annchen
I knew I was forgetting something. You can poke me anytime if it's been a few days <3 <3 <3

He was quite pleased to see that this male was friendly in kind and this made him relax a great deal. "Oh? Is it one of those cult type prides or one I should steer clear of?" He asked curiously. He had heard of a great deal of strange and terrible prides.

It was nice of this male to tell him before paw though. "Did you just come from there?" He was curious to know if perhaps this male had some insight about where he was heading, if he continued on that path anyway. He glanced over at the bird, "He always with you?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:01 pm
”Cult type?” Xatu repeated, ”What? No. But the leading males will chase you away, or possibly kill you if you don’t take the hint. Or if they’re busy an Inselelo will do it.”

The new leaders of the Bonelands didn’t take kindly to visitors of the male variety so he might as well spare this male the fight. Not that any leading male in the Bonelands had ever been friendly to strange males approaching, but Umkhombo had banned the previous practice of allowing males to join if they stayed celibate. It was a bit more like when he’d been a cub.

”Uh, yes,” he answered the next question, ”I’m a kind of scout there.”

He’d learned that it was easier to explain it like that for those outside the pride that didn’t know their language.

Xefo bobbed his head and fluffed up his feathers as the unfamiliar male looked at him. He nipped at Xatu’s mane and then answered for him.

”He wouldn’t last a day without me,” he scoffed, ”Someone needs to look out for the boy.”

It was impossible to tell from his tone of voice if the old vulture was serious or just joking.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:52 am
Annchen
so glad I have this linked, I kept looking for it and couldn't find it ;;

He laughed when they seemed rather taken aback by his initial asking if it was a cult type. "Well, that's good news to hear. Being chased off by a lead male is nothing compared to some of the prides I've heard of...." He let his voice trail off as he looked around and then looked back at the male. He seemed well off, not too thing or worse for wear. The companion probably helped a lot.

As the vulture spoke he gave a hearty chuckle. "It's nice to see that you have such a well formed bond together." He was speaking to both of them really at that point.

"I'm guessing not everyone there has a vulture?" He figured it would be one of those things that you get with a rank, or if you had one you could get a specific rank. He was just more curious than anything.

"What's an Inselelo?" He had been familiar with leading male, but as time continued he grew curious about the term and figured he'd just ask.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:12 pm
”There are quite a few vultures around, but not everyone, no.”

”Vultures have standards,” Xefo interjected, ”They’ll have to earn it first.”

He gave his lion companion a playful n** in one ear. It was convenient for the vultures to live with a pride of lions, but creating a bond with one of the felines was serious business and not to be taken lightly. Xatu had sacrificed a tooth to solidify the bond.

While taking care to translate his own position he had forgot that the word Inselele wasn’t self explanatory.

”Inselelo?” he said, stalling while figuring out a good way to explain, ”They’re like temporary leading males I suppose. They can be challenged for their position and tend to be replaced sooner or later.”

Sooner rather than later these last few Inselele, actually.

AstoriaFallen
I messed up and put it in the old guild...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:19 pm
Annchen

He laughed. They had quite the bond. He liked it. Perhaps he'd find himself an avian companion.

As he explained he gave a nod of his head. Interesting.

He might have to go check that out soon. He was looking for a place to set up shop for a bit and this pride seemed like just the place for him to do such a thing.

"Do you think you could point me in the right direction? I think I might give it a shot. Try for Inselelo there." He was sure the male could probably try and stop him, he just figured he'd ask him since he likely new the way to go.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:32 pm
Xatu looked the other lion over, mentally comparing him to the current Inselele. Yeah, he could pull it off, maybe. Even if he couldn’t it wasn’t his place to tell the other male what to do. He wasn’t exactly close to the Inselele, so he couldn’t see why he shouldn’t help the stranger with what he wanted to know. If he was strong enough to succeed it would be better for the pride to have him kick out a weaker male.

”Right,” he said, ”Sure. First of all, you’ll want to challenge one of the Inselele, and not a leading male. Fight one and you’ll have to fight all if you pick the wrong one.” He gave the other male a brief description of the males he might encounter. After getting that out of the way he started explaining how to get to the current pride location. Or rather the last place he saw them.

”No, no, no,” Xefo interjected, ”The watering hole is before the ox skeleton if you walk from here, you’re explaining it all backwards.”

After a long explanation that would have been shorter if either Xatu or Xefo had let the other do the talking they were finally done. That should do it. It was a good thing he was able to correct the lion when he misremembered.

”You should befriend a vulture,” Xefo said, ”Dead useful.”

AstoriaFallen
Sorry it took so long!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:11 pm
Annchen
It's okay! and this is wrapped up with your next post <3

That sounded fair enough, don't fight the wrong guy.

"That is solid advice." As long as he fought someone not the leader he would be golden. He kept that mental note tucked away in his brain and listened to the bird speak up.

"And find a Vulture to befriend. So not fight the wrong lion and get a vulture, I think I can manage at least one of those things." He gave a hearty laugh. With the way these two were together he quite hoped to befriend one in the near future.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:35 pm
”Yes, very useful,” the lion agreed with a stony face. Then Xatu smiled and offered a small nod good bye.

”We should get going,” he said and rolled his shoulders. There were a couple of specific locations he’d been asked to scout out, and he also wanted to check in with some groups he’d met on previous scouting trips. It had been nice to meet this male, but he needed to cover a lot of ground today.

”I guess I’ll find out if you’re successful.”

Xefo flapped his wings to keep his balance as the lion moved around. He bobbed his head to the stranger before taking wing.

”If you can just get one, get a vulture,” was his parting call to the two lions. He caught an updrift and prepared to scout ahead and make sure his lion didn't stumble into anything unprepared. The boy would be lost without him!

AstoriaFallen
All done!

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces