Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Henrietta was in a bit of a flap.

The chicken had somehow gotten up onto the roof of the park gazebo and was refusing to come down, her sweet little head turning to keep an eye on Dude Food. Whenever he spread his wings, ready to get to his bulk off the ground to reach her, she spread her own and threatened to make a daring escape. So he waited below, trying to cajole her with soft, soothing words.

“Darling, please, don’t be upset with me. I’m sorry I clean out your coop and messed up your nest.”  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.When Catwalk went on her rounds to find inspiration and color palettes, she had not expected to find a chicken.

The babben gave pause in what should have been a routine once-over in the Autumn-tinged park, her dark eyes fixated on the feathered creature perched upon the gazebo like some furious queen. At least, she could only surmise there was anger involved, given that there was a chubby Phony trying to talk to it and all it would do is fluff and threaten to flee in response.

Ugh. No one could do anything right when it came to animals, could they?

Unperturbed, Catwalk moseyed up to the gazebo, watching the exchange in an unhurried sort of disinterest, even if it was interest that drew her near. "What'd you do to her?" she asked the stallion in an aloof manner, because obviously, it was his fault.

Ruriska

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:43 pm
“Please, Henrietta,” he pleaded.

Her displeased side-eye was difficult enough to bear, when suddenly there was a filly at his side when an equally judgemental stare. “I...uh,” Dude Food scratched at his hair, looking quite apologetic. “Cleaned her chicken coop and messed her nest up a bit. Sure as heck didn’t mean to but now she’s real mad at me.”

He looked back up at the chicken and continued to croon his apologies. “Please forgive me, I’ll give you the best dinner you’ve ever had, promise!”

Chrystali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:51 pm
"If you meant to, she wouldn't be giving you the third degree here. She'd be scratching your eyes out." Catwalk said the words so matter-of-fact, it was hard to tell if she believed them or actually knew what she was talking about. Given her age, it was probably a lot of the former and very little of the latter.

Lowering her dark eyes to the stallion, she lifted her nose in an indignant sniff; even though she was shorter than him, she still projected airs of looking down. "You meet someone who doesn't speak your language. You kick them by accident. Your intent is irrelevant if you don't do something that conveys the same in any language."

The filly moved around the gazebo at a short trot, making sure the chicken - Henrietta, her name was, apparently - wasn't clinging to a ledge or something where her clawed hold could be lost. She looked pretty secure up there, and satisfied the chicken was safe for now, she turned her dark gaze back to the stallion. "Your begging isn't working. What's next?"

Ruriska

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:03 pm
Dude Food didn’t say anything for a very long moment, no reply came forth, he just took in her withering glare, very much being looked down upon by a filly much younger and shorter than he was. He couldn’t help but be reminded of his mother. Pink Lemonade could make even the tallest Phony feel small.

He ruffled his hair again and gave a rueful grin. “Well, I’m not quite sure. She’s never gotten so mad before.” They usually got along marvellously, with Henrietta clucking her way around his small house and her coop, claiming complete ownership. There had to be some way to appeal to her better nature - ah, of course!

“You! You’re a lifesaver,” he told the filly, thoroughly grateful for her presence. “You wanna wait here for me? Just keep an eye on her, make sure she doesn’t wander off, while I go get her favourite snack.” Because food was the answer to every problem.

He was already backing up slightly, only waiting for the younger’s approval.

Chrystali

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:15 pm
"I don't care how long we'd've been friends, if you go into my space and mess it up with some flimsy exc--" Before the babben could continue her crass opinion, he seemed happy she was there and proceeded to tell her nothing she didn't already know. Catwalk's eyes narrowed slightly, just mollified enough to not bark a laugh at his request. Her? Do a favor? For him? There was nothing in it for her --

She glanced upwards to Henrietta. Well...for the chicken, maybe...

The dark-eyed filly let out a long-suffering sigh. "Only if you're quick, otherwise I'll get her down myself and take her home." An extremely empty threat, given that the pegasus couldn't get to her so how the heck could a tiny Earth child, but she said it with every intention of a serious threat. Do right by the chicken.

Ruriska

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:52 pm
“I’ll be super duper quick, promise!”

Dude Food had never done anything quick in his life but as soon as Catwalk gave her approval, he hustled. His usual amble turned into a very fast walk, wings giving him some extra speed with little flaps. It wasn’t a full out run, because, well.. he didn’t run, but he was going to get home at a decent pace. He had every reason to believe that he wasn’t quick enough, she would indeed follow through with her threat.

He nearly fell through his own door, part-flapped, part-stumbled into his kitchen and pulled open the fridge door in a rush. It took him a little too long to prepare the small bowl, his attention focused in on chopping and mixing just right, and then he was off, heading back to the park with his prize in hoof.

Chrystali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:08 pm
She watched him go with a sort of bemusement, and once his form was out of sight, she slowly turned her eyes back upwards towards the entire reason for this strange predicament. Catwalk pursed her lips and really looked at the creature, wondering if she should just go -- it would teach that stallion a lesson, wouldn't it? Fix his own messes!

...but she did say she'd stay. Irregardless of her feelings towards others, she put a high value on her given word, because how could one cultivate power if one wasn't trusted to handle it? Responsibility was a stepping stone, and if she promised a fashion line for fish, no matter how improbable, she would have to go through with it, even if it was all tartar sauce and crap in the end. At least she'd keep her good standing--

Catwalk blinked languidly. She'd apparently slid off topic, but the simple truth came back: she said she'd stay, and she was going to. If not simply by her word, than for Henrietta. For how much that stallion had grappled with making sure she'd be safe and back home without a ruffled feather, it meant he had to care for her enough to be genuine in his intention. And the chicken clearly trusted him, else she wouldn't make such a big deal about this event.

The filly sighed and neatly tucked her tail around behind herself as she sat and looked up at the chicken. "It'll all be okay," she said to Henrietta, what could be construed as kindness in her tone. "And if he doesn't take care of you, you come find me, and I'll make you a star."

Ruriska

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:25 pm
Dude Food was huffing and puffing by the time he shuffled back up to the gazebo, lifting a hoof to wave at Catwalk, his grin showing just how grateful he was that she hadn’t run off yet. It had been at least twenty minutes, but she had remained with his darling Henrietta and for that he would be forever grateful. Without a word, he pulled the lid back on the tupperware container to reveal the cottage cheese mixed with broccoli and mealworms.

Henrietta’s head instantly perked up, gaze suddenly very keen.

It seemed as though her fit of temper could only last so long when faced with her favourite treat and a thoroughly apologetic Dude Food. Her feathers fluffed out and she stood up on legs that seemed far too skinny to hold up her bulk. Then she jumped, flapping wildly and landing without grace.

“Nice work, Henri,” Dude Food cooed, still a bit breathless as he pushed the container forward

She walked closer, a queen, head tilting to inspect her offering. Dude Food shared a hopeful glance with Catwalk and then waited.

Chrystali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:33 pm
Catwalk heard the other before seeing him, but kept watching the chicken, as if looking away would afford her the chance to disappear into thin air. It wasn't until she heard the tupperware peel back and Henrietta's attention diverted that she pulled herself back up to stand. She cast a brief, curious glance at the stuff -- and immediately regretted it, sticking out her tongue a little and barely refraining from blanching -- but otherwise standing back to let the two...reunite, or whatever it was that was happening.

Even then, it was a dance of caution and not assuming all was well. Despite her natural instinct to comment on the going-on's in a short and sharp manner, Catwalk found herself still glued to seeing the scene play out. She caught Dude Food's glance, and nodded slightly to him.

"A meal fit for a queen," she offered up solemnly, despite her previous reaction. When it came to animals, she could look past a lot of things, and put more of herself out there without fear of repercussion. Catwalk carefully stepped back as well, a little closer to the stallion, trying to provide as little of a threat or distraction as possible.

Also, the smell of that stuff was not a pleasant one. She swallowed down another need to gag and plastered a smile awkwardly on her face.

Ruriska

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:45 pm
Henrietta stood over her meal, looked once more at Dude Food and Catwalk with her head quirked - and then dug in, all reservations forgotten as she pecked contently at the mealworms and broccoli mixed into her cottage cheese. Dude Food instantly sighed in relief and plopped back on his rear, head turned towards Catwalk, lazy smile restored.

“Thanks for your help,” he said gratefully. “I really appreciate you sticking around.” He looked back towards the plump and happy Henrietta. “I’ll be a lot more careful next time.” Then he brightened even more, smile getting somehow wider. “Can I make it up to you sometime? I’ll cook you a real good meal, for you, and your friends or family too, if you’d like. I can whip up anything.”

Chrystali

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:54 pm
When the chicken began to feast, Catwalk let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, sighing with the stallion. It was done. The chicken had forgiven. The world could right itself again.

Shaking out that moment of anticipation, the filly turned to leave, and was genuinely surprised when the other continued to speak to her. Looking at him somewhere between uncertainty and disbelief, she started to shake her head, and then paused thoughtfully. "I'll accept an I.O.U.," she said seriously after some consideration. "When work is busy, a meal might be just what I need to get back on my hooves."

It was a strangely kind gesture from the other, not even knowing his name. She felt obligated to give something back, since he'd given her his trust and a promise of a meal -- that was two things to her one, and that just wouldn't stand. "You should do something with your hair sometime. Your eyes aren't unpleasant."

...well. It was something, alright.

Ruriska

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:48 pm
She really did remind him of his mother, all business and vicious with her tongue - though this girl probably could have used some lessons in tact. It didn’t bother him, even when she insulted his hair. He could tell she was trying to be helpful, in her own way. “Works for me. Cash in at any time,” he said. “Thanks for the, uh... tip. The name is Dude Food. Send a message to Cloud 9 when you want a good feed. I’ll be waiting.”

Then he attention turned back to Henrietta, his hoof absentmindedly fluffing at his hair. It wasn’t that bad... was it?

Chrystali

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff