Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ 1v1 ] Dummy (Rhys/Ever) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:42 pm
It was gray and dreary but also surprisingly hot but Rhys was adamant about keeping his coat on him in case it rained. Again. He made his way to the sparring fields with just one goal in mind: to get back into training again. The scar still pulled and was annoying as hell but he had to get used to it eventually. He couldn't keep using it as an excuse to get lazy and just run all the time, and there was the added concern of losing whatever skill he'd built up with the sword if he stopped training for too long. So there he was.

The place was empty so he headed straight for the dummies, summoning Zephira along the way to give her a few practice swings and warm up. When he got close enough he sort of just jumped at the first white dummy-body he saw, exaggerating a yell as he swung his sword downward in very dramatic fashion.

and be blue

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:37 pm
Were he a dummy, Rhys's attack probably would have hit -- or, had he quietly turned and struck out, without the dramatics and the fanfare. As it was, bellowing like a lunatic and swinging wildly, it was no feat for the hunter he'd apparently chosen to assault to simply...step out of the way.

Ever brought his own dagger around as he did, not quite settling its point against Rhys's stomach. "It's polite to ask first."

_ p a o cx

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:49 pm
Missing and suddenly having a dagger pointed right at his stomach were things he really wasn't expecting, so to say he was relatively freaked out before looking and seeing that he actually targeted someone who was obviously not a dummy. He cleared his throat and straightened himself out and away from the dagger, eyes focused on the hunter's feet. "Didn't see you there, my bad."

And that was it, as far as any kind of apology was concerned.

Rhys looked up as he hefted his sword onto his shoulder. "Name's Rhys, and I do usually ask first. Just sometimes people wanting payback for randomly getting jumped makes for a better spar." He paused, smile going lopsided. "Can't say it helps with meeting new people, though. This time was an accident, I swear."

and be blue
*flails* I'll take your cue for the initiation roll, if that's cool? I never know when to throw it out there. P:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:44 pm
"You do this on purpose?" Ever asked it slowly, perhaps wonderingly, as he lowered his weapon -- effectively freeing Rhys. But Ever still looked confused, and not entirely impressed, with his head cocked to the side and several strands of curly fair hair falling forward into his face.

"Why don't you just ask people? I find that people not hating you makes for a general better experience on the island..."

paocx
whenever you want! whenever rhys actually is readying to fight.

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
its_ p a o rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:48 pm
There was a little bit of a pause before he nodded. "Sometimes? Like I said, it makes for more realistic practice. So far I haven't any issues about people hating me, but I can't say that isn't solid advice. Might still jump a few people now and again, though. Keep everyone on their toes." He blinked a few times before adding, "Again, you were an accident. Kinda just wanted to wail on the dummies, but..."

He shrugged the sword off of his shoulders and gave it a few practice swings. "Since we're already here, how 'bout a go? D'you mind?"

xand be blue
Now, then! :D

and be blue rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:26 pm
Some small part of Ever knew that he should warn Rhys that facing off against a full hunter was probably a bad idea. Maybe the man hadn't noticed the colors on his coat, the marks of rank.

Another part of Ever looked him over, bemused and a tiny bit disapproving, and decided that some lessons were better learned the hard way. He raised his own weapon in response.  

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
and be blue rolled 2 12-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-24)

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:30 pm
He'd been at this a few solid years now, and Ever stepped in easily to strike at Rhys's shield, moving before the other man had a chance to respond. It wasn't a hard blow, but it landed; chipped away just a bit, just enough to show that this thing had started.

"Better. Just to ask, I mean..."

HP: 60/60
Charge: 1/3
DMG: 1

_ p a o cx

its_ p a o rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 8 Total: 12 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:43 pm
Rhys readied himself and reacted as quickly as he could, thought obviously that wasn't fast enough. He felt the dagger nick his shield and he smirked, a little excited for the challenge ahead. He'd seen the coat and noted Ever's full hunter status, but even if it meant getting beat down he still wanted to see if he could handle it.

The trainee followed his movements and swept his blade straight across the hunter's chest when he thought he was close enough.

HP: 49/50
DMG: 6
CHG: 1/3

and be blue

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

and be blue rolled 2 12-sided dice: 12, 5 Total: 17 (2-24)

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:40 pm
"Usually I just defend, in these kinds of fights -- " Unfair ones, he meant, uneven ones, but even as he said it, Ever swung again. This time, the blow didn't just prickle but slammed up against Rhys's shield. It was followed up with a bright flash of a smile.

"If you'd rather that, let me know."

HP: 54/60
Charge: 2/3
DMG: 11

_ p a o cx

its_ p a o rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 9 Total: 19 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:39 am
The trainee was ready to give a hard pass at the "defend only" thing that Ever mentioned, but he got winded by the next blow before he could say anything. He staggered back and very nearly lost his footing, wincing as he looked over at the man and seriously considered the offer.

"Think I'll pass, at least this time," he eventually replied when he came to a decision. "I kinda wanna see how far I get sparring with you normally, so probably next time."

Rhys dashed forward just as he finished saying that, this time aiming for his legs.

HP: 38/50
DMG: 13
CHG: 2/3

and be blue

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

and be blue rolled 2 12-sided dice: 11, 8 Total: 19 (2-24)

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:51 am
The blow caught Ever across the legs -- to be fair, a lot of him was legs -- and he looked surprised by just how hard it struck. Before Rhys could pull away, he lashed out again -- not with the dagger, but with the sheath in his other hand, aiming somewhere around his back to knock him off balance.

"Weapon charges or no?" He asked, with a flash of light in his eye.

HP: 41/60
Charge: 3/3
DMG: 13

_ p a o cx

its_ p a o rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 9 Total: 10 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:38 pm
The puff of pride he got when he noticed Ever's surprise lasted all of three seconds because the next thing he knew he felt something--thankfully not really a sharp something--dig into his back. Together with his momentum, the impact sent him staggering forward and eventually falling on his face.

The trainee groaned as he forced himself onto his feet, scowling and spitting out the bit of mud that got in his mouth. "Think maybe pass on the charges," he replied. "The rate we're goin' I'll be down for the count in a few more hits, so."

And with that he charged in again, sword coming straight down at the Hunter's shield.

HP: 25/50
DMG: 4
CHG: 3/3

and be blue

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

and be blue rolled 2 12-sided dice: 3, 11 Total: 14 (2-24)

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:46 pm
"A shame, it could have been one more hit, I bet." Ever bent just a little under the blow -- but instead of backing off he stepped into it, sweeping out his sword against Rhys's legs. His words were cocky, but his tone was more amused. Needling. Teasing.

"Or I could have taken myself out. You never quite know...."

HP: 37/60
DMG: 8

_ p a o cx

its_ p a o rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 9 Total: 14 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:38 pm
Even if the arrogance in Ever's words did bother him a bit, the tone kept him from labeling the guy as an a**. It reminded him of his old teammates poking fun at him his first year on the football team.

"The chance for gettin' KO'd in one hit," he started to reply as he tried to recover from the last hit. He was already pretty tired but, when he got his footing back, still returned the blow with one of his own, aimed at his arm.

"It's kinda why I opted out, at least this time."

HP: 17/50
DMG: 8
CHG: 3/3

and be blue
o(。◕ˇ∀ˇ◕。)o

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

and be blue rolled 2 12-sided dice: 1, 10 Total: 11 (2-24)

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:59 pm
"It's an important learning experience, though." He twitched, didn't quite pull his arm out of the way in time to avoid the blow up against his shield -- and, in response, he lashed back, aiming low again. The chain that connected the two parts of his weapon swung rough against the back of Rhys's legs.

"In the field, they don't usually pull punches."

HP: 29/60
DMG: 5

_ p a o cx

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items