Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] All Along The Watchtower (Seren x Lunaire) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:37 pm
Seren sighed as she entered the watchtower, tired of duties in here. She felt utterly useless up here, anytime she had duty. Why did they ever send anyone with a sword up here? Or any weapon for close up duties? She wished she at least had a sling shot or something... if she knew how to use one... So she could at least be able to do SOMETHING if an attack came pouring down out of the sky.

... Pouring. Wrong choice of words, because it had her scowling out at the horribly grey skies, pouring their own assault down on the island. "******** you, Atlantis." She snapped out loud, wanting, just for once, a beautiful view.

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:58 pm
"Shhh keep it down I'm reading," it seemed Seren wasn't alone, the other hunter was propped in a corner on a box sitting in the watch tower fiddling with her runic tablet. What she was reading was unknown but she was for sure keeping at it as she remained tucked under a little bit of dry cover.

"You brought rain with you," she finally commented.

Aria Starstone

Miliardo Kason

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:34 pm
Seren turned, startled, to peer at the other woman, then her eyes widened in recognition. "Ah? L... Lun...Lunaire? Is that it?" She hoped she got the name right, she'd feel like an utter idiot otherwise. "Sorry, didn't know I wasn't alone." She strode over to a spot where she could lean under some cover, staring out to sea.

"And I'm pretty sure Atlantis brought the rain, I'm just the unhappy and wet harbinger. I'm sick of it. I want to see the gods be damned stars again someday." She wanted it so badly it hurt, honestly. She was tired of grey grey and more grey.

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:17 pm
Lunaire looked up from over the top of her tablet, she was scrunched up on a crate knees tucked up to her chest as she cradled the tablet carefully in her lap.

"Yep. Luna. Seren right?" She gestured for the other hunter to join her as she poked at her device a few more times. "I don't think they post job orders cross division? Maybe they do? I didn't bother to check I just showed up and found a dry spot before the rain hit."

She looked up again nodding her confirmation it was good idea. "Atlantis? Like the lost city? How dose a myth like that relate to a place like this exactly?" She glanced up at the sky again frowning, "You're going to be waiting a while for those stars..."

Aria Starstone

Miliardo Kason

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:52 pm
She nodded at Luna, staring out for another moment longer, before moving over to the other woman. "I have no idea. I've been up here before, with a Mist Hunter, I've had various duties with hunters from other division. So I have no idea who plans the duty rosters, or why. I just know I'm damn useless up here. I have a ********' sword." She shook her head, baffled at the logic.

"I wish it was a Myth." Her face was dead serious as she spoke. "It's not. Atlantis is as real as this place, according to several people I know, and have absolutely no reason to distrust, at least regarding this topic." She pushed her hair off her face, and snarled up at the sky, though quietly. "And they're mad at Deus. The story I've gotten is some one stole something, and somehow they're sending all this rain. And yeah, I know... I haven't seen stars since I was podded. I miss them, a great deal."

She took a long, slow breath, and then said "What were you reading?"

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:12 pm
"I think they just mix and match job duties or let people pick up empty spots to round things out." She looked up from her tablet again shrugging as she held up one hand, a Chakram appearing in it. "That makes two of us. Still I guess we're glorified look outs? And no one will bother us at least." With that her weapon vanished again.

"Uh hu, so we can add Atlantis on the list of things that are totally real along with vampires ghosts and the four horsemen of the apocalypse. It's like a really bad fanfic come to life." She frowned, "But that explains those weird water monsters that attack a lot not too long ago."

When it came to what she was reading she turned to hold up her tablet. A chat log, it looked to be an RP form. "Some person named Mark is apparently running some super corny RP form. Also I might totally be trying to google Atlantis in another tab to try and find what stuff the limited island network has."

She sighed, "Missing the stars are one thing, I miss youtube. And netflix."

Aria Starstone

Miliardo Kason

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:53 pm
"Could be. I don't know. I just know they assign me a job, I'll go do it. It's not that different from before. Only difference to me is the amount of free time. I like having that." She shrugged and made a face. When Luna showed off her Chakram, Seren crouched next to the other girl to study it. "I have no idea what that thing is, weapon wise, but it's pretty damn cool looking. And yeah, I hope so." She thought back, a moment, to her first lighthouse duty, where Rhys had scared the hell out of her, and an odd, half fond smile crossed her face for a second.

"And yes. Yes, basically that describes it. Or a Horror movie." She blinked, and said "Oh man you had to tangle with the Water Golems? I've been lucky so far, and I know I've been tempting fate with my morning runs every day."

She peered at it, in baffled fascination. "RP Forum? I don't know what those are. Explain?"

She got an odd look on her face for a moment at the mention of netflix, but it passed quickly. "I understand... Stars just... have always been my contact point, on a bad day."

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:29 pm
"Eh, I don't think they pay us enough yet, but then again a bunch of stuff here is kinda free I guess so the work washes out. I don't want to think about it too much to find out I get paid less then the military or nasa budget to fight sea monsters and giant space bugs."

That said she wiggled the chakram side to side a bit flipping it over so she could see the other side. "Chakram, they're designed to be thrown weapons, or I can hold them here on the grip and cut, they originate in India I think."

As for the water golems she shook her head quickly, "Ew hell no, I don't want to have to walk into the labs or the cafateria sweaty AND in soggy clothes.... I've just stayed inside away from them the best I can."

The question about RP forms made her pause, "Like DnD? Or really bad fanfiction but you're writing it with other people the whole time?"

She didn't really have a better way to explain it as she looked up towards the sky. "I mean, I'm still interested in space, but to find out we've spent all this time looking for life out there. But we didn't even know about giant real life Centipede monsters in our own desert."

There was another pause, "...we didn't have mushrooms to hide behind."

Aria Starstone

Miliardo Kason

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:57 pm
"Of course they don't. Who ever pays their hard working fighters enough?" Seren offered, a hint of sarcasm in her voice at the idea that it could happen. "But ******** it. We're here, we'll get it done, I guess."

She watched the other woman messing with the weapon, curiously. "Well at least you have something that can be thrown if needed. Me..." She moved to a spot where there was a good amount of room, and summoned her ridiculously large sword into her hand. "Beyond sword, I don't even know what this thing counts as. I don't even get the point of the split down the middle. Not that I mind... I work well enough with it, but..." She desummoned Diwata with a sigh. "Like I said. Useless up here. I'd risk hitting you as much as any attacker."

"Yeah I've managed to avoid them myself, and if I can, I'll keep doing it. It's annoying enough just getting soaked walking from dorms to the caf." She rolled her eyes at the weather.

Seren looked like she was trying to understand, and sighed. "Um... I've heard of those things, anyways?" She finally ventured. "I just have no experience with either of them." Gods it was so awkward, the way these things kept coming up.

"I think... I will avoid the desert unless I'm absolutely forced to go, then. Sounds like pure ******** hell. Mushrooms or not."

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:28 pm
Luna let out a snort of a laugh the hint of sarcasm not missed at all. "Super true."

She gave a lazy toss the Chakram spinning in the air before it vanished as she looked over at Seren walking away with a tilt of the head. What happened next left her staring jaw slacked

"No. Shut up. Get out. You're weapon looks like a raid boss loot drop IT'S STRAIGHT OUT OF AZEROTH." She threw her hands up. "And my sisters looks like some wicked grim reaper stuff. Don't you complain about that sword or I'm taking it for myself. If that's even possible."

She huffed and puffed, "Avoid them? You could like, squish them flat in two swings tops." She was waving a hand at her tablet sitting on the box behind her as she slipped off it. "Forget the super dorky nerdy RP stuff." She was moving to the edge of the tower, disregarding the rain looking.

"I wanna see that world slayer of a galaxy sword in action. Let's find some of those water monsters." She paused blinking over her should, it seemed like Seren had never played Centipede in an arcade.

They would have to fix that later.

Aria Starstone

Miliardo Kason

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:29 pm
Seren watched the chakram fly, an interested expression on her face. That was a neat trick. She immediately found herself comforting Diwata, reminding Di that no she did not regret her weapon, no she was happy with her sword... She just felt useless up HERE.

Seren might not have gotten basically any of the things that Luna was referencing, but she did laugh, and say "Not complaining at ALL. Just sayin' that I don't feel useful up HERE with her. Di and I work well together but we're not exactly distance workers." She shrugged some, and then grinned. "The rest of it was 'I don't get the design but it works.' so..."

She laughed some at the comment about squishing the golems. "Maybe, but seems like a lot of effort for little reward, ya know? They'll just reform later, and then the work's all to do again. I hope they go the ******** away soon."

She blinked at Luna's intent to leave. "Um... don't we have duty to finish...? I mean not that I mind seeing how I do against them, if you want me to, I just... Don't want to find out what kinda s**t duty they'd give me for abandoning post."

She paused, then made a face. "They might make you clean the basement showers, and that's a nightmare I don't want to face at all." She then added "But I'll totally see what I can do against one, for you, after duty?"

She wondered why Luna was looking at her like that. Had she missed another cultural reference she should have gotten?

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:17 pm
"A look out tower is less about guarding and more about looking out." The life hunter was moving along the edge of the tower ignoring the rain that got on her shoulders tugging her jacket free to put it on proper to prevent it from soaking her proper.

"We looked, we didn't see anything. Maybe we can argue we saw some of the water monsters coming towards the tower so we defended instead of just standing up here."

She waved a hand again, "You still get XP for killing mobs even if its not getting you paid. I haven't fought something since the 'orientation' so this is a good reason to practice." Hadn't she just stated she didn't want to fight the golems?

Amazing what one giant great sword of stars could change in a girls heart of hearts right?

"Forget the basement showers, just for a moment, we did our thing right? We see the monsters. We run down and smash them, wham bam, back before you know it!"

They could worry about video games later, Luna was already plotting to drag the poor girl to an arcade proper sometime.

Aria Starstone"

Miliardo Kason

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:49 pm
Seren was.. not used to bending rules like this. But... It was pretty clear Luna wanted to do this. After silently watching the other woman, she shrugged and accepted it. "I mean, all right?" She followed her, confused by her lightning fast mood swing on this issue. But she wasn't going to fight the other girl.

Instead, apparently, she was fighting a water golem...Mob? She really hoped she didn't get MOBBED. This sounded risky, but so far all she'd fought were spars and the Shadowlings. Maybe she should take on something more dangerous? She had no idea what she was going to get herself into.

"All right, I'll go fight some Water golems with you, so you can see Di and I in action. Hopefully we wont mess up." Her confidence was not at it's highest, and she was feeling a little overwhelmed but... She'd agreed, so that's all there was to it. She had her hood up on her jacket by the time she'd joined her new... friend? Battle partner? She had no idea what.

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:16 pm
Lighting fast mood swaps weren't entirely uncommon with Luna, once she had an idea or a focus she could obsess over it till she completed it or burned out her desire to inspect it. She threw both fists in the air in a silent victory as Seren agreed to her little side quest.

Sadly the language barrier of "Giant Nerd" and "Normal Person" was a thing. Luna would likely continue to babble in ways that made little sense to someone who was Sol, or Mark, it remained to be seen if Mark and her would get along.

"Scoooooore. And it's totally a noble deed, we're helping defend the island actively instead of just standing around pointing at the water monsters." She was already stretching her arms behind her back as she made her way down the tower with Seren in toe. For now, they where a party of two, double DPS as far as Luna was concerned.

Aria Starstone

Miliardo Kason

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:07 pm
Seren was quite bemused by Luna, to be quite honest. The sun hunter had no idea what on earth was up with the unusual and very intense other woman. Nonetheless, her excitement was a tad contagious, and Seren began to get interested in this battle.

Seren would have understood it better if Luna was talking Fantasy Novel language, but since she was talking about gaming, it was entirely outside of the young woman's very limited experiences.

"Well yeah, I guess you're right?" Back to the bemusement again, at the way Luna looked at the world. Luna was... quite unusual, as far as Seren was concerned. QUITE unusual. Pretty, obviously quite smart, and a fellow celestial themed individual, but unusual. "So how does one find the Water Golems? I've yet to actually be near one, after all."

Miliardo Kason

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces