Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[Spar] One and Not the Same (Melivn/Fred) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:59 am

Whenever the rain got just light enough to go outside, Melvin would seek the opportunity to go to the training fields. Without someone to exhaust him intimately, he was feeling restless and cooped up almost all the time. Bored, he headed out to the training dummies in order to get a good round in before the rain picked up again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:15 pm

Fred on the training fields had to dress appropriately, leaving his precious clothes behind in favour of a wifebeater and a pair of jeans. He didn't look bothered by the rain, already soaked to the skin, his white and pink hair clinging to his face. He looked like a man who'd been out for hours in the rain. He'd been running a few laps around the place, using up some of his boundless energy when he spotted Melvin.

Making his way over, he gave the other man a big friendly grin, crossing his heavily tattooed arms. "Hey there mate. Is this where the sparring happens?"

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:24 pm
When the man showed up, Melvin had to take a moment to take him in before smiling. "Holy s**t. You really did wake up and look like him. Frederick, right?" He said, looking him over to notice he wasn't in the ensemble he was wearing in the pod. Probably best too since suits didn't do well in mud, rain, and fighting.

"Yes, this is where the sparring happenings. You can see the outline of the entire field where the wards are set up." He said, pointing them out on several locations before looking back at him. "Welcome to Deus by the way."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:34 pm

Fred raised a brow at Melvin curiously. "We met mate?" Just in case he had met the other man in passing and forgot him. "But yeah, I'm Fred. Don't think I have the pleasure of your name."

He looked around. "Thanks mate. Do you spar ever?"

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:37 pm
"No, we haven't met officially. Lysander pointed out your pod when we were stuck with pod supervision duty a bit ago. He told me who you were. Met your brother a few times." He said, and clearly wasn't excited to have met him in the first place.

"The name is Melvin Wood. I'm a full hunter in the runic department, Life division." He said as he offered a hand to shake.

"Yes, I spar often or as much as our current weather will allow us at the moment. How often have you sparred? You look like you've been spending all day out here."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:46 pm

"Ahh I see. Well, hopefully the pod brought out my best side, wouldn't want to not look good when everyone was checking me out. Tom's tom, he's a bit of a stick in the mud but he means well."

"Nice to meet you Melvin." he said. "Life division is where my brother works, right? I'm in Sun. Not met too many people from there yet but hope to do the rounds."

"Been here a while, I like to get the lay of the land, feel things out, the rain's good for running, keeps you cool." he nodded. "I've had a few spars so far, I prefer fist fights though, it's too impersonal without, not my jam just yet. Ever do hand to hand?"

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:30 pm
"I suppose he might be if I could get past his child of a boss. I haven't seen him on Life duty yet and only with his charge." He informed him, rolling up his sleeves to get ready. "And you were at least dressed well enough to be impressive in your pod." He couldn't argue with suits.

"I do hand to hand whenever anyone feels like forgoing their weapon. I don't encourage only training that way, but it's good to give you training incase your weapon goes offline, and I like making contact with someone once in a while." He did a bit of stretching in his arms. "Do you feel like a spar?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:00 pm

"His boss is...well he's a thing. I don't understand it but it seems like its his thing." he smiled. "And thanks, I normally try and stay presentable. Just gotta do what you gotta do when you are out running."

He nodded. "I want to spar then, no weapons."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune rolled 0-sided dice: Total: 0 (-0)

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:42 pm
"Can do. Also, I hope you notice when your shield gets low or breaks. Lysander didn't know better." He informed him, moving to find some nice footing before looking up.

"You good to go? You hit first"

Baneful rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 6 Total: 12 (2-12)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:16 pm

"I know when to stop." he said. "Not going to get myself maimed for no reason, not when I'm going to get stronger. I'll notice." And he brought his fists up with all the ease of someone who was used to violence every single day of his life.

"Okidokie."

And when he punched it was a wiry strength that was only augmented by his weapon.

HP:40/40
DMG: 6
Charge: 1/3

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-20)

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:23 pm
He stepped back four times, shaking his head a moment from the sudden punch to his face. Touching his jaw, he smiled back at him. "Well I guess I gotta be serious if you are punching like that." He moved up, taking off his glasses to put them in his pocket.

"Alright."

HP: 54/60
Dmg: 0  
Baneful rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 3 Total: 4 (2-12)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:44 am

He braced himself for a hit from Melvin which didn't come just yet, his movements those of a man who was used to violence, to whom it came easy and patiently, not overly emotional, just having fun.

"Fist fights are my favourite." he said. "And you can't even really hurt your knuckles like this."

HP:40/40
DMG: MISS
Charge: 1/3

Moonkitsune

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-20)

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:03 am
"Shield are a great thing for minimizing damage.
Either no cuts or quick or heal. Great for when you get eaten or clawed at or set on fire."

"It's nice to be in close combat instesd of minding my distance." He went for a quick jab at the other man.

"Where you learn to fight?"

HP: 54
Dmg: 3  
Baneful rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 6 Total: 9 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:27 pm

"Hopefully I manage to keep those things to a minimum, proactively looking out for my shield and s**t like that. But good to know if I can't that I'll have it negated a bit." He seemed to get a bit of a kick out of the punch.

"Yeah, nothing beats close combat." he said.

Fred gave Melvin a big smile at his question about where he learned to fight.

"I've had an interesting life."

He punched out at the blonde man's gut with surprising accuracy.

HP:37/40
DMG: 3
Charge: 2/3

Moonkitsune

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-20)

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:41 am
He kept his cards close to his chest, that was for sure. "I bet. Only two places I can think of where you can fight barefisted. Either trained or real life." He was guessing real life as he wasn't being forthcoming with much information.

The hit to his gut made him grit his teeth but it was more shocking than painful. He went to his up into his left rib.

HP: 51
Dmg: 2

Baneful

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out