Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ prp ] F is For Friends Who Do Stuff Together (Chance/Finn) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:30 pm
A text was sent to Finn early one afternoon:

Seussi
Text to Finn:

Hey. Wanna hang out?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:54 pm
A text was sent back, though it was backspaced and rewritten several times.

kuropeco

Text to Chance: No (backspaced out)
Why (backspaced out)
Only if this is an invitation to suck m--(backspaced out)

Where and when?

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:08 am
He considered this, then texted back.

Seussi
Text to Finn:

The dormitory lounge? I can bring booze. wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:00 pm
Booze. The magic word. Well, one of them at least.

starpatched
Text to Chance: That covers the where and why should I, but not the when.

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

starpatched
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:39 am
There was an interval of Chance rolling his eyes.

Seussi
Text to Finn: Either now or in the next hour or so?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:57 pm
Well, it wasn't like he was busy at the moment.

kuropeco
Text to Chance: Now's fine.

Short and to the point, the phone was pocketed, and Finn grabbed his jacket to throw on as he made his way through the door and down the hall towards the lounge.

It wasn't far, but in the time it took him to get there, he already had a lit cigarette dangling from his lips.  

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:47 pm
Chance was there and waiting, looking as relaxed as he ever did when Finn came in. He was sprawled on one of the couches, a sketchpad and pencils littered across the coffee table, and he lifted a hand in greeting, fingers fluttering. It was accompanied by a deliberate wolf whistle, just because he could.

"Hey. Long time no see, stranger."

Seussi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:11 pm
It wasn't until he got to the common area that Finn realized just how very long it had been since he'd actually spoken to Chance in person. Strange, considering they'd seemed like fairly good friends at one point, but he put it down to just being too busy with work, and other things.

Other things being his adjustment to marital bliss, if that was what it was.

"Ya, I guess it has been." He said, from around his cigarette, and, taking a long inhale, he removed it from his mouth with two fingers, flicking the ash on the floor before considering that it might be prudent to search for an ashtray.

He exhaled as he glanced around for one, and moved towards the coffee machine where he spied one tucked in beside it.

"So, to what do I owe the honor of your divine ******** company?" He asked, while plucking it up and moving to sit down in the couch across from the other man. "And where's the alcohol?"

Asking the important questions.

kuropeco

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:37 pm
Finn looked - well, mostly the same as he always had; a combination of sarcasm and sass and wicked good looks that had always been an appealing combination on several levels. It had been a long time - too long, in Chance's opinion - and he was pleased to see Finn, regardless of the situation.

Chance shrugged, the epitome of relaxation. "I figured it had been too long since I'd been in the presence of the Great Finn Connor. And for someone who used to be one of my best friends, I figured it was about time to rekindle that, since I missed your ugly face."

Finn was given a beaming, innocent smile. "As for the booze..."

He reached beside himself and tugged a bottle out from behind a cushion, the label proclaiming Chance's favorite bourbon. He dangled it out in front of him.

"Ta daaaaaa."

Seussi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:43 pm
Finn frowned, and took another long drag of his cigarette, exhaling and looking down at the ashtray as he butted the smoke out as he spoke. "Actually, it's Finn Crowell." He admitted, and if it were at all possible, the moon hunter might have even sounded a teensy bit sheepish. Not for the part where he had obviously gone and committed himself solely to one person, but for...well, not actually telling anybody about it until now.

It had been months.

He moved on as if it were nothing, looking up and honing in on the bottle of bourbon.

"Ya sure, that's why you let me give it to you from behind, right? So you wouldn't have to look at my ugly face?" Gruff and crude as always, he held out his hand for the bottle, and smirked.

kuropeco

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:00 pm
Finn was given a long, narrow eyed look at his revelation.

"Oh really," Chance said, and there was every effort made - and most of them failing - to keep a straight face, the grin that was spreading across unable to entirely be hidden. "You're Finn Crowell now? That's a last name that sounds awfully familiar, you know."

He leaned forward and waggled the bottle of booze in Finn's face.

"And yes, that's exactly why. Can't have you distracting me."

Chance's grin was wide now.

"Now where have I heard the name Crowell before, hmm....?"

Seussi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:19 pm
Finn graced Chance with the absolute flattest stare he could muster, not at all amused by his reaction.

"Ya. I am." He said, not bothering to elaborate on it more than that. He knew perfectly well that the other hunter knew who's last name that belonged to, but when Chance decided to push it just a little further.....

Finn made a snatch for the bottle that was being teased in front of him.

"I don't know, maybe you kept an alphabetized list of everyone you've ever ******** on the island? Should have come just after Connor."

Now, for more important matters. "Are we just drinking this out of the bottle like ******** savages?"

kuropeco

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:15 pm
He was having too much fun with this, if only because Finn was a good friend and Chance hadn't seen him in a long time. It was entertaining as hell to be able to tease and poke and prod him again; he'd missed this for too long.

The bottle was yanked back before Finn could get to it as a look of mock outrage and mingled surprised disbelief flickered across Chance's usual relaxed, mild-mannered face.

"I can't believe you had to go there. Fine, touche, Mr. Crowell."

The bottle was deposited into Finn's hand as Chance reached forward, plucking up two glasses from where he'd stashed them on the floor near his feet. He plunked them onto the coffee table with a gesture towards them, a grin on his face.

"So. Finally managed to get yourself hitched, did you?"

Seussi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:07 pm
"You can't believe that I went there? Do you even ******** know me?" He narrowed eyes further as the bottle was swiped away before he could get it.

Damn.

Luckily, however, his "patience" (aka anything but patience) was rewarded when two glasses were set on the coffee table, and the bottle placed in his own hand. He didn't even hesitate to unscrew the lid to fill both glasses up to the brim.

"Yep. Some poor a*****e really hated themselves enough to marry me. Damn foolish ********." He smiled, and it was wolfish, his gaze as cold as ever as he raised his glass.

"Cheers to me?"

kuropeco

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:21 am
"Too well," Chance deadpanned, but it was said with a reasonable amount of affection, in spite of Chance being Chance, and Finn being...well, Finn. He waited until Finn had poured the drinks before he reached out, plucking one up and examining the contents with a certain amount of interest.

"Damn foolish is right," said Chance dryly, then raised a brow.

"To you, to that damn fool Ripley, and to your apparent nuptials, even though you asses didn't invite me," he said, and clinked his glass with Finn's before taking a long swallow. Chance leaned back in his seat, slinging one leg over the other and surveyed Finn, a smile tugging at his lips.

"So? How's it feel to be married?"

Seussi

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas