Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] No Snooze Alarms (Brittney, Gale, Ro) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:55 pm
Had there been alarms ringing off the hook in the Pod Room? Had it been utterly quiet for the past however long it's been? ******** if Brittney knows! The sleeping future trainee was still sleeping, even though there had been reason enough for her to get the ******** up and the ******** out of that pod. But she doesn't know that. Not yet anyway.

The pod containing her was going through the motions of alerting whoever was in the monitoring room that this trainee was ready to rip things apart or be ripped apart. But maybe after fifteen more minutes? Ten? Alright five minutes, and please let there be some god damn coffee. Or a donut. Or both.

kuropeco

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:06 pm
Today Roland was on Pod Duty, and by Pod Duty he was shadowing Gale who had shot him a few days earlier. In all honestly Gale wasn't a bad guy! It was 99% Ro's fault anyway for running into the training ground not considering there was a chance hunters owned guns instead of big physical melee weapons.

"GAAAAALE." He cried out for the other hunter, not realizing that he was probably a tad far to hear his initial cry. "IT'S OPENING WHAT DO I DO!?" He ran over to the computer and pressed the button labeled OPEN that was blinking. The pod would probably pop open in the moment.

Kuropeco

Huni Pi

Miliardo Kason

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:49 pm
In all fairness, Ro wasn't a bad kid. He wasn't exactly the most quiet of people, but neither was Bix, and he'd still been Gale's best mate since they'd started on the island six years ago now. Ro's enthusiasm wasn't terrible either, just...sometimes misplaced.

Like now.

Gale had been checking the numbers of the pods in one of the other rows when he'd heard the beeping and the ensuing muffled, distant shout. He couldn't understand the words, but he thought he caught the gist of it, just from tone, Gale exhaling a breath. He made his way through the throngs of pods until he came to the right one, just in time to hear a loud clicking sound and the hiss of a pod door opening.

"Er - hang on - "

He reached out, catching the door and pulled it open a bit farther.

"It just means someone's waking up."

huni pi

miliardo kason

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:00 pm
Brittney stirred, eyes still screwed shut, a scowl forming on her mouth as she muttered, "Jesus, can I have five more minutes?" She didn't really feel like getting up just yet. How was she to know she'd been out of it for months anyway?

But when she tried to turn into what she first assumed was her bed, the texture and cramped nature of the pod became apparent to her. Realizing she was in a strange place, her eyes shot open and glancing around saw what appeared to be a door?. "The ******** is going on? Where the ******** am I?" she demanded, entire body tense and immediately putting on a murderous expression as a first line of defense.

Miliardo Kason

kuropeco

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:38 pm
Ro pouted at Gale just a bit, "I know they're waking up I just, you know, don't know what to do about that. I hit the open button and all that but I don't even remember my first time out of a pod."

He fidgeted about checking the records on the hunter inside. Brittney? Podded last year?. He peaked around past Gale and the screen.

"Five minutes? You've been asleep since last year." He paused, "Gale where is this Island actually? I've never thought of that..."

Kuropeco

huni Pi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:46 pm
"You check the name on the pod, as well as the name of the person who currently exited the pod, to make sure the data concurs," said Gale, with a brief glance at the woman before his attention flickered back to Ro. "Brittney Zayles, it seems, is our newest arrival."

The newest - and apparently the vocal one. The murderous expression might have had a more intimidating effect, had not Gale already been subjected to far worse expressions from his illustrious - and often literally murderous - leader. Brittany just received a flat stare in response.

"You're on Deus Ex Machina," Gale said calmly. "An island in the Bermuda Triangle," he added, for Ro's benefit. "We're an organization that tracks down and fights back against species that threaten us, such as Halloween creatures and the like."

He gestured at the boy beside him. "This is Roland, and I'm Gale. How do you feel?"

huni pi

miliardo kason

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:27 pm
Brittney was still clearly tense and suspicious, even after Gale's speech, and yes, even after seeing a teenager like Roland was there. Hey, kids were capable of all sorts of awful s**t. She should know, she'd done her fair share of awful shittery. But they seemed to have the answers so for now, she'll play nice.

Or as nice as Brittney was ever capable of to complete strangers. She decided the safest course of action was to answer the part about how she felt in full honesty, "Like someone left a diabetic foot sandwich filled with maggots to rot in my head."

She gingerly got out of the pod, hands gripping the edge for balance as she teetered. Or at least pretended to teeter so she could have enough time to look for the nearest exit and/or the closest makeshift weapon she could grab. Not to use of course but just in case.

"I take it you two are the welcoming committee?"

Miliardo Kason

kuropeco

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:00 pm
"Oh, woopse." He peeked over to checked the information of the name nodding as Gale said her name aloud. Roland glanced back at her as she was still sorting her thoughts it seemed before she gave a rather disgusting description for how she felt.

"Well, that's uh. Not good? Sorry?" He looked around, "Do we have medication for people getting out? Do they all feel that bad when they wake up?" He frowned, "I'm asking too many questions aren't I."

He looked at Gale again then Brittney, "The opening straight to monster hunting part seems a bit, intense?" He turned to the newly awoken hunter. "But yeah, what he said is true, and we are the welcoming party today. Gale had Pod Duty and I took it as a chance to tag along and learn about it."

Kuropeco

Huni Pi

Miliardo Kason

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:06 pm
She was still glowering at them like she half expected Gale to pull out a bomb at any moment and lob it at her head. As it was, Gale merely stood there, brows raised, waiting, resisting another strong urge to roll his eyes after a moment had passed.

He was doing a lot of the restraint thing these days.

"Sounds charming," Gale muttered, and then said, more audibly, "I'm the hunter currently on duty, if that's what you mean. And there's an infirmary for people to visit if they're feeling unwell, though it's not uncommon for new people to wake and feel out of sorts."

He personally thought this Brittany was exaggerating, but didn't push it, Gale shaking his head.

"More questions is better than none at all," he said, and then gave a little shrug. "People like to know what's going on here, I don't dance around the reasoning, otherwise they develop a sense of complacency."

huni pi

miliardo kason

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:16 am
"I don't gotta go to the infirmary," Britt assured them, though she sounded like the type to refuse medical attention even if the bone was already sticking out of her leg. She was starting to relax. Somewhat. She wasn't letting her guard down just yet but she didn't think she was going to have to bite and or claw her way out.

Gale looked old enough to know what s**t's going down, even if he did sound way older. But not too old that he would do the whole withhold information from people "for their own good" like they were too stupid to understand or something.

And questions were encouraged? Great! Because Brittney had one or two as she pointed to Gale, "Okay, so, you look like a hottie but you sound like an old geezer. Is that a side effect of being one of these monster Halloween hunters?" Then she pointed to Roland, "Are you as young as they get here? Or is older-than-I-look a trend?"

Miliardo Kason

kuropeco

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:34 pm
If Roland had a note book, Brittney might have assumed this was the part where he would pull it out and take notes as Gale explained his stance on waking people up.

He glanced back at Brittney noting that she wasn't exactly giving either of them the friendliest look over. The remark about his age made him frown slightly, "I'm sixteen actually, and the youngest we have are fourteen. It was due to a freak incident and as I've learned, not at all normal."

He shrugged, "I don't even remember waking up in a pod. I was just. Awake."

Kuropeco

Huni Pi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:12 pm
Clearly they were stuck with another bright eyed hopeful. Gale looked more affronted at the whole look like a hottie comment, more so than he did at the old geezer comment, mostly because Lucky had said that to him at least on one occasion beforehand, and Mark probably about fifty by now.

"It's not usual for our hunters to be as young as Roland is, but there's been a few exceptions made as of late," said Gale dryly, deliberately not going into detail because that felt like too much information all at once. "Roland is also a special case, and so was I."

Again, there was no detail. Gale glanced down at his clipboard again.

"Moon Division," he said, and then looked back at Brittney. "That's defensive, so you'll be answering to Edith as your division leader."

huni pi

miliardo kason

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:02 am
"Jesus ******** Christ, fourteen? That s**t's barely outta the tween years, but at least that means you don't got little rugrats running around the place."

Okay things were still feeling ******** weird for Brittney but not too weird that she needed to keep up the tough chick shtick. "Defensive? I'm supposed to be some kinduva protector?" she looked actually pleasant at this news and the brusque aura all but melted off her when she learned she would be working under a woman.

Things were looking up! Way to go, Britt, running at the mouth like usual.

Miliardo Kason

kuropeco

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:08 am
Roland simply nodded along when it was explained that he was a special case, no point pulling up the Legacies and other crazy stuff just quite yet so he simply let Gale continue to explain as he admired the coat being given to her. He hadn’t even met Edith yet to be honest, but that could be said about a lot of the higher up’s for him.

“LIke Gale said, special exceptions and weird situations. Weird stuff just tends to happen around here that makes rules a bit flexible.” By now he was no longer standing behind Gale as much, more so beside him as they all talked.

“Technically I’m a Mist hunter at the moment, but I’ve been debating transferring over to Sun,” there was a short pause before he explained more, “Mist are all around Hunters who work with all divisions, and Sun’s are the counterpart of Moon. You help defend, Sun’s help attack.” He also shook his head, “I don’t attend missions yet. You can consider me also part of uh, Small Division? A lot of us younger hunters aren’t permitted to do dangerous work till we prove ourselves capable of it.”

Surviving being turned into a horsemen counted though right? He’d worry about that later.

huni pi

beejoux

Miliardo Kason

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:41 pm
"I was recruited when I was fifteen," said Gale, with a long look at Brittney that indicated that if she decided to call him something other than his name, it would not end well. "And that was six years ago. And no, I'm not a Death Hunter. Roland, as he said, is a Mist Hunter, and I'm a Specialized Senior Hunter with the Death Division."

He glanced over at Roland, then back at Brittney.

"Edith is a good leader. And yes, you are some sort of protector, though you are not protecting just those in your division. Moon Division is meant to be the defensive line for all divisions, so yes, you would be intended to defend both of us as well."

huni pi

Miliardo Kason

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas