Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:17 pm
User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:37 pm

The young stallion picked his way quietly through the moonlight. He was grateful that it was a full moon, and a clear sky; it was full enough for the stallion to see with relative easy, and for him to move without too much trouble. Night time was a peaceful time for the flutter; while he knew he should be curled up back home with his father, he couldn't help but desire to explore. Night was a time when many soquili rested, slept, and kept close to their lands; but it was also a time when others often emerged from the depths.

Cearney thought himself an expert on the creepy and twisted or at least one that liked to know their habits. He had always been fascinated by those were grotesque, deformed, or somehow handicapped; the more monstrous and hideous, the better! Fangs, claws, teeth, spikes; those who were the most unique and original among the Kawani were what Cearney dreamed about. Oh, he knew he should desire something of aesthetic beauty and char; or at least, what normal soquili thought were beautiful. But Cearney didn't wish to abide by those standards! No, he knew what he liked, what he found most fascinating, and he could only hope that the spirits would be kind to him. It wasn't easy meeting soquili who were so different, but he hoped upon hope, that maybe his luck would change. Surely, those who were different might find comfort in the night, right? Shadows to hide their perceived hideousness? Yes, that sounded about right. So it was, as usual, the pawed stallion drifted through the shadows long after the sun fell, to see who he might meet.

Unfortunately, he didn't often have much luck. The soquili he met were normal, boring, dull, or generally uninteresting, and that was if he had luck to meet any at all. This night, the flutter winged creature had taken an unfamiliar path, and struck out farther along than he usually would have. He didn't know where he was, or where he might be going, but he kept himself alert. Perhaps this change of scenery would do him well, and he might find someone interesting to speak to. Someone he could quietly coo over, and learn of their story. That was the point of his travels, wasn't it? He didn't want to find them just to marvel or gape at them; he was a story teller at heart, and he wanted nothing more than to learn about them. Every soquili had a story, after all, and he wanted to know them. He found those at the margins of society the ones most fascinating, the ones most deserving to to be heard. While they might hide in the shadows or be driven there by the uninformed, Cearney wanted to learn of their tales, to know of their faces, their names, so he might remember them; so he might bring their stories to others, so strangers who looked different might not be so feared.
This was his life's purpose. He wanted to meet someone to remember, and spirits willing, tonight he would!

Uta

Shy Mage

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:50 pm

The stars had always been a source of inspiration for Solas, who gazed into the heavens and recalled the stories that his father had raised him on. It was these stories that had brought his parents together. Ultimately, he was the product of stars. Surely such a connection could not be coincidental. Perhaps the wishing star that his mother had called out to had brought his father to her. Perhaps that same star might bring him someone new. Someone who would fill up the lonely hours as he observed the stars.

Well. If it was listening... perhaps now would be a good time for it. For him to speak his wish. "Well," he said, and waited for a moment. He was not certain which of the stars in particular was responsible for his conception. Perhaps this bright one? "If you're listening, maybe you could send me someone too. I just need one," he added, as if there was any doubt that the star would understand what he meant. "Someone who might appreciate a mongrel." And he was that. How he'd turned out the way he had was a true mystery. The bone leg ached sometimes, making him wonder if it had in truth been some sort of injury. But then again, his twin brother sported the same.

Uta

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:36 am
Mx Cherie

A gentle breeze swept the woods, bringing with it a small rustling of leaves, and a voice upon the wind. His black ears pricked, and the pawed soquili stopped in his tracks, straining to listen. For the most part, everything was quiet and still. There were no crickets this night, the birds were all asleep, and yet, there it was -- the faintest voice of someone out there!

Immediately, Cearney found himself drawn closer to the source. He turned in the direction of the breeze, and picked his way as quietly and carefully as he could. Thankfully, the stranger wasn't far. He heard Solas before he saw him, the plea strangely endearing.

"..you could send me someone too. I just need one." Need one of what? He didn't know exactly what the stranger was discussing, or to whom. Was there perhaps another lurking out there? Maybe this was some night night time deal, or some sort of secret liaison? Honestly, Cearney's imagination went wild as he slowly approached; he didn't want to give away his presence, or scare whoever was out there, so he had to be cautious of where he placed his paws. Furthermore, he was trying to find a place where the foliage didn't hide his view; he wanted to see who was talking!

"Someone who might appreciate a mongrel."

Inch by inch, the feline-flutter finally caught a glimpse of the stranger. There was a peculiar glow of purple which stood out among the pale wash of moonlight; purple that appeared to be the stallions eyes! And then Cearney was able to make out the rest of Solas, who was seemingly made of shadow. The stallion was large, and the most stunning creature he'd ever had the opportunity to see! In fact, Cearney's breath hitched, and he was certain gave away his position and his presence. Honestly, he couldn't believe what he was seeing, and had to double check to make sure it wasn't just a trick of his eyes. Two massive horns jut out of the stallions head; and spikes, sharp and deadly, ran down the rest of his body and tail. He saw a strange feathered tail, and the only color on the entire beast was his back leg; a leg that looked as if it were nothing more than bone!

Surely, this creature was no mongrel, but an absolute thing of beauty! "Hello, beautiful," he finally spoke up, his voice a pleased purr. He hoped the stranger wouldn't flee. Cearney couldn't help but be transfixed, and slowly, carefully, allowed himself to step out of his spot among the bushes. He was careful to make sure his antlers didn't tangle upon any limbs, or that his own wings wouldn't get tattered; maybe Solas would stay and talk. Maybe, just maybe, Cearney could find in him a friend.

He didn't know who Solas was talking to, but he did seem to be quite alone.

Uta

Shy Mage

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:55 am

When a voice spoke out in the darkness Solas was startled. The more startling aspect was what the voice said. Beautiful? He'd never been called beautiful before. Not by anyone outside of his family, anyway. He... Didn't know what to say. Was this the star's answer? If so, he was impressed by it's turnover time. "Hello," he said, and then he caught sight of the stunning vision that emerged from the shadows. He was tongue tied, speechless. What had the other said? Hello beautiful. "I think you might need to look again," he said humbly. "Unless you meant someone else." Surely he could not mean him?

A little smitten, the large stallion lowered his head, taking stock of what his eyes told him. It was as though a lovely flower had taken Soquili form. He truly did not know what to think or to say. The stallion did not have to pretend. He knew what others thought of him. He wasn't blind. Or deaf. Perhaps it was a joke. But if so, he wished the stallion had not made the jest, for he wanted too badly for it to be true.

Uta

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:09 am
Mx Cherie

Cearney absolutely couldn't believe what he was hearing. Surely, the stallion before him had to know just how gorgeous he was! His green eyes couldn't help but look over the stranger's form once more, his admiration palpable and clear. For once, Cearney wished to curse the moonlight, so he might properly look upon the stranger in all the day's bright glory. He could tell he had a dark coat, and was practically made of shadow. His hair was dark, the spikes and horns that covered his body were also dark, and likely sharp. And that bone hoof was terribly exotic -- he wondered if it caused him pain? Had he been born that way, or had some sort of accident caused it to look such a way?

Ah, but such questions were improper, and Cearney knew he had to tread lightly. He didn't wish to scare the stranger away by saying something untoward. But oh, how the romantic within the Boneblossom did pine. He knew not the strangers name, or where he came from, but he could only hope upon hope that the spirits had meant for them to meet.

"No," he corrected, taking a step closer so Solas could see him fully. He dipped his own head, green eye trying to capture the purple eyes that had been so lowered. "I meant beautiful, gorgeous, and most stunning, you." His words were almost breathless with awe. It occurred to Cearney that this other might not believe him, which always broke the others heart. It was a crime that such soquili could find themselves so unloved and with no admirers. "Might I know your name, handsome?" And oh, the stallion was absolutely so! Gods above, he was struck, and didn't he know it!

Wasn't this what he'd wanted to find all his life? Wasn't Solas but a living dream come true?

Uta

Shy Mage

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:50 pm

It was as though the other had come to him in a dream, answering the call of the star. He almost could not believe that he was awake. The words that the stallion spoke were sweet, almost too kind. "How..." How did he feel that way? How could he see Solas, and know him for the mongrel that he was, and say such things? It seemed too good to be true.

"My name? Solas." He did not dare to ask this lovely creature what his name might be. No, he was too far beneath him. So far beneath him that Cearney might as well be a star in the heavens. That, of course, did not stop Solas from being swept away by the other's words. Even if he could not quite bring himself to believe in them. Trusting in such a thing would only lead to pain. It was inevitable.

Uta

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:36 pm
Mx Cherie

Cearney knew he was likely being foolish. He knew that he was coming on strong and to a complete stranger. He didn't know who Solas was, or what he acted like, or whether he was single, or even looking. As far as Cearney knew the stallion might not even like stallions, or they might be as different as day and night! Ah, but even if they weren't meant to be, the pawed stallion could at least admire the shadow coated stranger from afar.

He heard the other ask how, but then seemed to stop himself from speaking further. The stallions pink and orange tail gave a little swish, but before he could speak, he was granted a name. Solas! Immediately, the colorful stallion tucked the name away for memory and for safe keeping. If he could but keep this moment forever, so he might always remember such a stunning beauty, he would do so. As it was, all he could manage was to try to make a vivid memory.

"Solas. A wonderful name, to be sure." Stepping closer, Cearney could now better see the stranger; though it was only through moonlight, he could now make out the details; there were darker markings on his coat, and the spikes that broke through his skin looked even sharper up close. How fascinating. "I'm Cearney, but my family sometimes calls me Heartleaf. You can call me whatever you'd like," he added, hoping to encourage a less formal sort of friendship.

"I hope I'm not interrupting your stargazing, though. I just couldn't help but be struck when I saw you in moonlight. You really are quite stunning." His admiration was clear and entirely sincere. The way in which he gazed at Solas was laced only with admiration. Oh, but he knew he had to behave. His excitement and joy at finding Solas was causing him to get ahead of himself. He didn't want to push too hard and scare Solas away. Not when they'd only just met.

Uta

Shy Mage

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:25 am

If the stallion could have flushed, he might very well have at such adoring words. His own family was a loving one, and had always raised him to believe that he was, at least, worth something. But no one had ever spoken to him the way that Cearney did, even now. The stallion before him seemed to delight in the sight of him, which took him quite by surprise. "You flatter me, stranger. And while I would not normally believe such words as you utter, yet I believe them from your lips." How strange indeed that another might look upon him with ardor, that another might mouth such words in so charming a fashion. He cocked his head slightly, watching the stallion named Cearney, the one who so resembled one of those brilliant stars above him.

"You are as bright as a star," he reflected, observing the other for a long moment. And surely as bright and as beautiful a stallion as this Cearney had far better things to do than gaze upon him. Yet still the other did gaze. The sublimity of the moment suffused his being, and he allowed a faint smile to adorn his lips. It, perhaps, was the only truly beautiful thing about him. "Heartleaf. How charming that is. Are you close to your family?" he inquired, for he was close to his own, and had never truly thought of what it was like to be any other way. Solas bowed his head, observing the other through a lock of hair that had crept to disguise his face.

Uta

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff