[PRP] Forest Find (Se'Lune + Quella)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Se'lune was fallowing behind her mother, staring blankly at the hippo's odd gait. Her lusus, Obachan, was a fairly... big boned being. For some reason she was always walking tip-toe, her pink ballerina slippers somehow gracefully moving the girth that was the rest of the hippo-beast's body. The greenblood had several cloth bags around her arms, most full of foraged treats like mushrooms, berries, and other such edibles. There was one small bag tho, that she had tied around her hip. In there, if you listened closely, you could hear the noise of rocks clinking together as the troll moved. Se'lune and Obachan had recently gotten their living quarters all up and running, and it was of Obachan's opinion that they should throw a house party in the swamp. Make food for everyone, get to know all the other trolls in the tight knit group, and in general, treat them to as good a time as someone who lives in the swamp can really get. Obachan was humming a sweet tune as she looked here and there for resources. Se'lune frowned a little as she realized that the pair had wandered from the swamp terrain to a rather nicer, less mushy area. "Obachan?" Se'lune inquired as she looked around. "I don't think we are in the Salamire Outpost anymore...."

Buzzwulf

Micillia

Dapper Duck

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:47 pm
Quella ran through the warm night, laughing as Akurra chased her through the boughs of the forest. Her forest. She raced down a steep hill, ichor pumping through her veins, her thump-box thrumming wildly as she ducked into a small bush and flattened herself into the cool mud. Akurra snuffled above her, growling quietly to himself as he often did. Quella lifted a grasper to her mouth and mostly stifled a giggle.

A growl ripped through the air. She'd been heard.

Quella scrabbled out from under the bush, phalanges clawing at the moist earth and laughing wildly. She jumped a short distance to the lowest branch, scraping a limb-bender but managing to pull herself up just before Akurra could jump on her from below. He growled below and shouldered the tree, shaking it. Quella ignored him. Big softy. She hugged the trunk of the tree tightly and began to climb.

The bark was still warm from the light of the dreaded day-star, and it felt good against her skin even if it did catch on her coat. The boots felt good though, and didn't hinder her grip too much. She was quickly among the upper branches, and looking out over the forest floor from the canopy. She took a long breath, taking in the sweet forest air.

Huh. Something on the wind. Smelled kinda like cabbage.

Quella got onto her hands and feet and slowly inched towards the end of her branch. A quick spring from her perch brought her to the next tree, although not without a scrape or two. She poked her head from the crown of leaves just in time to see movement below. A greenblood, by the looks of her. And a large lusus as well. Sounded like she was carrying something heavy?

Quella called from her perch down to the pair. "Hey, down there! Getting kind of deep into my forest, aren't you?"  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:48 pm
Selune and Obachan froze as they heard the loud crashes and noises of other creatures flailing around the forest. Selune's wings fluttered a bit, her "fight or flight" instincts trying to make up their mind. Obachan on the other hand finally got off her tip-toes, and took on wide stance. Her large square chompers showing as she growled a warning to whatever had been around. Selune got out her pair of throwing daggers in shaking hands. She was pretty young, only having just recently gotten her limbs. She still remembered the feeling of being a grub, having all 242 small little legs. Hands, arms, legs, they were still just a bit new.

Selune screamed and threw one of the daggers haphazardly as a head seemed to pop out of nowhere. The dagger missed its mark by a mile, and went flying off into the dense shrubbery that covered the forest floor. Obachan, upon seeing that the voice was simply another troll, went back to her fragile, graceful stance of tip-toes, sometimes throwing in a pirouette here and there. "W-what?" Selune said, taken quite by surprise. "This, this is not part of the forest, this is still in swamp territory!" The girl heard another loud crash of something on a warpath, and her eyes looked up to the other troll with concern. "Are you okay? Do you need help? Are you being hunted?!?" Selune had heard about four fronds forest. It was where criminals were let loose to wreck devastation and evil. Was this other small troll a criminal?!  

Micillia

Dapper Duck

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:49 pm
Quella didn't even try to stifle a laugh at all the useless flailing below. This troll wouldn't last a single night in the jungle. She ducked and laughed loudly in a bark as a dagger went flying past her at least ten feet to her left, slashing through some undergrowth with a rustle and eventually burying itself in mud. Akurra slid to a stop near the edge of the clearing, and padded out with a growl at the newcomer as well.

"He doesn't like visitors much. Come to think of it, I don't really like them either." The young troll slid down the trunk of her tree with practiced ease, landing in a short tumble. As she came to her feet, she planted the butt end of her spear menacingly. "Now. You two are in my territory. So this can go two ways. Either you stop running around and let me help you not attract predators, or you can try to take this territory from me. And trust me." the blueblood said, raising her spearpoint. "I have MUCH better aim."

Akurra crouched low, ready to spring at the slightest aggressive movement. Quella crouched just a little bit lower. Who did this troll think she was, just running around her home like this?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:49 pm
Selune had a big worried frown on her face. She was pretty sure she could just fly away, but leaving her mother here alone was not an option, even if the lusi was pretty deadly. "Uuuh, im, uh, im Selune. Its, uh, its a pleasure to meet you." Selune mumbled, her eyes on the spear the other troll had in her hands. Obachan on the other hand slapped her hooves to her cheeks and let out one of those noises people make when they see baby puppies or kittens. Selune frowned again, but this time not because of any spear or angry looking blueblood. She knew her mother, her mother was looking at this new kid and thought they were adorable. All the tension left Selune and she felt a mild irritation.

"This is Obachan, my lusus. She says we have some food weve gathered, and..." Selune winced as she translated, "And she wants to know if you need any of it." They had spent so much time collecting, and now she wanted to give it away. "Also, i thought this was swamp territory?" The greenblood was not really intimidated by the blueblood girl anymore. As soon as her mother made that insufferable "Awwww!" noise, she could not help but fail to take the object of that "awww" seriously. Selune brightened up tho, "Im sorry! Didn't know this was your place! Do you have like, signs or something you could set up? Would really help with any intruder problem."  

Micillia

Dapper Duck

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:51 pm
"There's signs all over the place" said the blueblood, pointing with her spear towards a nearby tree. The bark was scratched and torn, as if attacked by some kind of beast. "Don't you know anything? When something is marking it's territory, it does it by scratching trees like that. Geez! If you'd just walked another half an hour, you would have wandered into some stuff MUCH scarier than just me."

Quella felt bad now. Clearly the weird butterfly troll had no idea about the forest at all, and she HAD pretty much rolled over and showed her belly. Akurra growled behind her and stuck his head free from the bush, showing his best snarl, but she made sure not to look him in the eye.

"Besides"
she whispered to the swamp dweller,pointing. "Theres a really good berry patch just over that rise there. I guess you can come if you want to. Follow me!" Quella motioned as she disappeared into the brambles, sprinting through the deep thicket.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:52 pm
Selune fluttered up to the tree and inspected the scratch mark, frowning. It looked like something a wild beast had made, not something a troll used for communication. She was contemplating offering to make the blueblood some signs, and was surprised when the girl suddenly appeared at her shoulder, whispered something, and then scampered off.

Selune exchanged a small smile with her lusus, who nodded along and then curtsied at the blueblood's lusus, indicating Selune to go ahead. Selune shrugged and flew over the brambles, trying to keep her eyes on the blueblood. "Uh so, i dont know if you caught it, but, im Selune. Whats your name?" The winged troll said loudly as she tried to keep up.  

Micillia

Dapper Duck

Buzzwulf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:53 pm
Quella wasn't really paying that much attention to the winged troll, although she was a little jealous that she got to fly and Quella didn't. What the hell? Not ok. Still, she could clearly move faster on the ground than... Selune, she guessed? Could in the air. So she could only be so jealous. Still, it would be pretty great to be able to get up into trees and such whenever she wanted. Fly away from predators. Whatever.

Selune didn't manage to catch up until WELL after Quella was busy stuffing her grubhole with fat purple berries, their juice running down her chin and seeping into her jerkin. She shoved a purple-stained hand holding some berries at the silly greenblood as she landed.

"I'm Quella" she said, offering the sweet fat fruit. "You want some berries? they're super good right now."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:53 pm
Selune smiled a small smile. She was relaxing now, now that the blueblood was not.. well, acting aggressive, territorial, and in general somewhat intimidating. "Uh, thanks!" Selune said as she carefully took the berries out of the juice stained hand. She watched Quella as she ate like a starving animal, fruit, berries and who knows what else dripping down her chin. The greenblood nodded as she munched on the berries. "Oh!" She said as she popped one particularly sweet berry into her mouth. "These are really good! Thank you!"

She smiled, happy to have a friend to share stories and sweets with. She could enjoy this all night.  

Micillia

Dapper Duck

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces