Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] A New Student! (Járngrímur & Ars Antiqua)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:13 am
This is a private role-play between Járngrímur (Calixita) and Ars Antiqua (DarkenWoodWolf).

User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:44 pm
User Image

Járngrímur's muscles ached from use; he'd spent the morning on a good run, longer than usual and he could still feel the burn in his legs from it even now. But it was a good kind of ache, the kind only a solid workout could cause, working out all his muscles and joints to keep them in prime condition. The run had turned into a hunt for breakfast, and once he'd eaten his fill it was time to move on. Ever since the kalona herd he'd been a part of disbanded after losing the war, traveling across the Kawani lands seemed to take up more and more of his time. He felt that he was searching for... something. It was like a pull on his soul and he trusted it without question, knowing it was the great Kalona leading him to a new path, and he would know it when he found it. The herd had been falling apart, anyway; he'd had no say in how it was run, and the teachings that had been passed down for generations amongst his family were being forgotten or dismissed. Kalona stopped believing, or just didn't care.

It was no wonder they lost. They no longer had faith.

But he didn't stop spreading the word of Kalona just because he no longer belonged to a herd. He spoke his wisdom to all pure kalona who crossed his path, attempting to guide their lost souls back to where they belonged, dedicating their lives to serving Kalona. Sometimes, it worked wonders. It made his heart swell with joy to see his teachings reach the ears of those who were willing to listen and learn. He had passed on Kalona's blessing several times now, aiding their way to finding the True Path. Other times, though...

Other times, he failed. The pure kalona who rejected the Raven Mocker refused to listen, turning their backs on the deity who created them and set them free. This was where no longer being in a herd held its perks: He could punish them as he saw fit. It was always so disappointing to see it happen, but he was here to do Kalona's bidding, and it had to be done. There was no point in thinking of that now. He'd carried out Kalona's will, and now he was searching for his next purpose.

Járngrímur didn't believe in circumstance. He was a believer, after all, and a messenger of the great Kalona, so every new soquili or spirit touched being that he crossed paths with was for a purpose. The Raven Mocker led him to them for a reason, and he was always determined to discover why and what it is he could do in His name. So when Járngrímur discovered the young kalona mare with her striking pure features, he was delighted. Ah, it was always so nice when the Raven Mocker guided him to other pure kalona like himself!

"Good day!" he called out, his voice rough but surprisingly kind; he kept a respectable distance from her, not wishing to intrude in her space or territory, and bowed his head slightly in greeting. The smile on his face was pleasant and calm; he knew not all kalona were welcoming of strangers, or even particularly conversational, so he waited for the mare's reaction. "I hope you don't mind the intrusion! I've been traveling, and I'm afraid my familiar is off exploring the area now -- not that she is particularly talkative in the first place," he confessed with a chuckle. "I only wish for an ear to talk to before I continue my lonesome travels, if I may?"

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:42 pm
Ars had stepped away from her normal hunting grounds on a whim. Of course, she only stayed in those grounds on a whim as well, so one could say she was just doing as she liked. There were things she was supposed to be doing, of course, Soquili she should be keeping an eye on. Unfortunately for her, and anyone who came across her, she was bored. At least, when she was still her Father's good little soldier, she had a purpose, something to do, all the time. Out on her own, it was like walking through a bog, the days seemed to drag so slow. The few interesting encounters that she'd had were moments of excitement in an otherwise dull existence.

As fun as freedom was, she wanted something to do, anything to do. Ars dreamed of some mare making a move on her gardener, or someone trying to hurt Lotan, or anything for her to put her mind and body to use. All that training, since she could walk, and now instead of fighting, she meandered around, trying to find something to do. Maybe she could find someone to fight. Surely it wouldn't be too hard.

She was about to take flight and look for a skinwalker to harass when someone called out to her. Ars stiffened, looking over one wing at the Kalona who had decided to speak to her. She wasn't sure what he wanted, or why he seemed nice, but she was to bored to care. She returned the bow of greeting. No need to be rude, yet anyway. Ars didn't smile, though, her eyes cold amber behind her white mask.

"Many travel for many reasons." She said softly by way of greeting. "Do you travel so you may speak with someone, or am I special?" Smirking, she gestured broadly with one wing, indicating that he could come closer. "You may, if you desire."

If he didn't have anything to offer other than dull conversation, she could always go off and find those skinwalkers. Still, the way he spoke was strange. For all appearances, he was like her father, and his father. And her, she supposed. Kalona. She hadn't had much interactions with others that shared her breed. She wondered if she was being greeted so kindly because she looked like their ideal. Would her brother or sister have the same greeting, or would it be different? Questions tumbled around in her head.

Ars really wasn't used to Kalona, even cross breeds, being nice. Her sister was nice, just not nice to her, so it was possible, she supposed. Flicking her tail, she considered the gray stallion and wondered what he wanted to talk about. It wasn't like she had anything else to do today, anyway. Turning so she could see him straight on.

"Why do you travel if you find it so lonesome?"

Calixita

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces