User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was April Fool's day and the dark colored mer, Hoax had spent the vast majority of the weeks before creating a robotic sea monster in preparation. He modified an old broken watch and RC remote control together to create a remote for his monster. A simple flick of the wrist and the thing could seem just like a real mer. Up close, it wasn't the most convincing piece of machinery, you could see the seems if you looked close and rubbery bits were sloppily painted in some areas; but it as pretty good for a kid's handiwork.

Hoax spent the morning pretending to be washed up on the beach, his plan was simple, dupe the first unsuspecting person into believing his story that a monster nearly got him and was still lurking in the water. Ketchup from a hotdog stand was spread over an arm for added effect.

It was early, but Hoax quickly had his prey. Laying around the beach and moaning like a banshee attracted the attention of the safest conscious (and quite gullible when it came to monsters) Torchwood. The older stallion rushed over concerned , "Are you alright? You look terrible! What has happened to you?"

Hoax pretended to gasp for air, "It... it nearly got me, but I swam away."

"What!? What nearly got you?" Torchwood whipped his head around.

"The mon...monster!" It was hard for Hoax not to snort with laughter, but he quickly covered it with a cough, pretending it was hard to breath. His acting needed to be believable! Trying not to smile, he groaned and pointed out to the water. "There's a dark secret in those waters, I don't think the administration would want you to know but a huge serpent like monster has been hiding in the lagoon for years!"

Hoax was lucky that Torchwood was not a mer who would know the lagoon waters better. Perhaps lucky too, that Torchwood was a believer in all thinks supernatural. "IT did THIS to me!" Hoax raised his arm to show the adult his 'bleeding' ketchup arm and as he raise it the mechanical remote on his wrist activated the robot sea monster.

The waters near them rippled. Torchwood's eyes grew large as scaley like bumps started to poke out of the water followed by a serpent like head with headlight like eyes. The initial shock of seeing the thing spooked Torchwood into account as he picked up the 'defenseless bab', tossing Hoax over his back and yelled, "Hold on! I'll get you to safety!"

As Torchwood jumped away trying to take Hoax to danger, the mer simply could contain his glee at the first success of the morning. Writhing with laughter, he tumbled off Torchwood's back. The jerk movements made the remote control creature wash to shore and flop over, revealing how truly lifeless it was. Between his giggles, Hoax boasted "Got you! April Fools! "