Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[SRP] A Gift [Nevena and Hollie]; FIN

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:18 am
This a solo roleplay between Nevena and Hollie (with possibly an appearance by Brinley).

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:46 am
Hollie stood at the edges of their resting place, quietly watching to see if the foals had settled down for the night. She tilted her head, her cerynei ears twitching for any telltale signs of whispering or soft laughter. Foals needed many hours of sleep to grow big and strong - as Hollie would tell her foals when they whinged about bedtime. She smiled fondly. The foals were a wonderful blessing, granted by an extraordinary being. Hollie thanked the stars every night, just before her and Nevena tucked in for bed. After all, it was the stars she had wished upon for foals - the extraordinary being must be related to them. At least, that was what Hollie assumed.

Hollie stayed for a few moments longer before moving away from their sleeping place. "Sleep well, my darlings." She murmured. She walked a few paces away before settling down beside Nevena. The other mare didn't seem to notice, her eyebrows furrowed together and her mouth down turned. She looked lost in thought. Discouraging thoughts? Hollie wondered, concerned that something had happened during the evening to her love. Hollie bowed her head, brushing her nose against Nevena's shoulder. She touched her lightly, not wanting to startle her lovemate. "Nevena?"  

Rita Zyon

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:50 pm
Nevena blinked slowly, her pale eyes regaining focus. Her large ears perked up as she heard her name being called. Turning to the right, she spotted Hollie beside her. How long? How long ago since Hollie came to be beside her? Last she remembered, Hollie had wanted to check on the foals. Nevena turned her head away, embarrassed by the fact that she didn't notice when Hollie came back to her. Although she was getting better each day at revealing her emotions and being affectionate, sometimes it was still hard to be so open. It was actually one of the many traits that Nevena loved about Hollie: the cerynei mare was so nurturing and open with her love for Nevena and their three foals.

"The buds are still asleep then?" Nevena questioned, turning back towards Hollie after she felt that her embarrassment was under control. The day had been very busy, particularly now with young foals to care and provide for. Despite how busy she and Hollie now were, Nevena wouldn't trade it for anything. It was true that when she was younger she had difficulty imagining herself finding love and having a family; but, she was different now - she had grown.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:34 pm
"Buds?" Hollie smiled knowingly, the nickname suited their foals well. "Yes, they're sleeping so peacefully - all is well." She considered ending her words with a teasing remark, but, she refrained from doing so. Hollie didn't want to embarrass Nevena again so quickly after her nudge seemed to. Although Hollie enjoyed cuddling, she understood when Nevena needed her space.

"I think it will be nice to take the foals out soon. It's becoming warmer." The birds were chirping more and the last snowfall had been weeks ago. Spring must be close. Hollie could not wait, it would be Edelweiss', Brinley's, and Brandnetel's first spring. There would so many wonderful things to see and do.  

Rita Zyon

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:52 pm
Nevena nodded, listening to Hollie's words. "They fell asleep quickly tonight. They're settling in well." Nevena was relieved that Edelweiss, Brinley, and Brandnetel were becoming a part of the forest. Even if one day they decided to leave and explore new lands, the forest would always be their home. Nevena shook her head, her mane rustling. But, that potential day was far in the future. Not now. She added in as an afterthought, "One day they will grow into fine flowers."

It was warmer, Nevena agreed. She felt it, spring was approaching. There would be more animals and birds to greet as they woke from hibernation or returned home. Leaves will grow again and new flowers will bud. Spring was a busy time. It would also be a good time to begin sharing with Edelweiss, Brinley, and Brandnetel her beliefs and teaching them to protect and care for nature. Living in the forest was soothing for Nevena; she was completely surrounded by plants. The memory of sharing her family's beliefs with Hollie was an unforgettable moment. It was around the same time as when Nevena came to the realization that her growing fondness for Hollie was more than friendship.

"Do you have a place in mind?", she asked.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:25 pm
Hollie nodded along happily as she listened to Nevena. Although she did not feel as close to nature as Nevena did, Hollie was fond of it because she saw how happy it made Nevena to be surrounded by plants, birds, and animals. Her beliefs were important to her and Hollie could understand that. Her family upbringing did not consist of many beliefs, but Hollie was aware that other Soquili besides Nevena also had family or herd beliefs. At Nevena's question, Hollie thought carefully about her answer. There were so many wonderful places to take their foals. But she had a particular place in mind.

"I thought that visiting Snubbull would be an excellent place to start off with. Perhaps Bonnie and Cora will around too and the foals will get to see even more new faces." Hollie smiled at the thought of Snubbull's home. During the warmer seasons, Snubbull's home was absolutely beautiful with all of its surrounding flowers. Although Bonnie was older than Cora, coming from Snubbull's first batch of foals, Hollie was certain that Bonnie and Cora would be kind to Edelweiss, Brinley, and Brandnetel. Hollie was hopeful about the possibilities of such a visit.  

Rita Zyon

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:19 pm
"Snubbull's home is a good choice. The flowers may be in bloom then." Although Nevena did not know Snubbull, Harry, and their children as well as Hollie did - she did like their home with all of its meadow flowers. As a result, Nevena agreed wholeheartedly with Hollie's suggestion. Showing Edelweiss, Brinley, and Brandnetel the flowers may also be a good place to start introducing to them her family's beliefs about nature while additionally teaching them the flowers' names.

"We've been mates for a while." Nevena stated, changing subjects from their trip to Snubbull's and her family's home to hers and Hollie's relationship. Nevena had gone back and forth over her two choices - whether it was a good time to present it now or wait until springtime had officially arrived. Spring was a special time for it was during the season many moons back that she and Hollie finally confessed their feelings for each other. However it was evident to Nevena that spring was just around the bend. Would it be so wrong to give it to Hollie now? Nevena released a sigh as she struggled to come to a decision.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:05 pm
Hollie smiled brilliantly at Nevena's response. It was true that a lot of planning would be involved to ensure that she, Nevena, and their foals arrived safely; regardless, Hollie was delighted. She couldn't wait until she and Nevena shared the news with Brandnetel, Edelweiss, and Brinley - naturally after everything was prepared and planned out. It was still very exciting, though it also meant that their foals were growing older as each day passed by.

As Nevena changed the subject, Hollie tilted her head curiously. We have been together for many moons now, Nevena's right. Hollie thought to herself. At those thoughts, she was surrounded by an influx of memories: that warm, summer day she met Nevena; the falling autumn leaves caught in Nevena's hair as Thrice, the wolf, played tricks on them; their countless walks traveling the length of the forest, growing further as friends; the feelings of sadness and fear as she watched Nevena leave for the swamp, other forests, and Judah's territory; and the slow realization that her affection for the dryad mare was truly love.

"Yes." Hollie's voice was filled with warmth as she continued, "and it fills me with such joy to have you by my side." Hollie knew she was becoming very affectionate, in line with her nurturing disposition. On the flip side, Nevena did not look embarrassed nor shy at Hollie's words. Instead she appeared to be struggling over something, her brow was furrowed as it often did when she was lost in thought. Did this have something to do with what Nevena was thinking about earlier when she went to check on Edelweiss, Brandnetel, and Brinley? "Did something happen Nevena?" Hollie turned her head to look directly into Nevena's pale, wispy eyes, searching them carefully.  

Rita Zyon

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:13 pm
Nevena had always been captivated by the delicate beauty of nature. From the lush green leaves of the trees that swayed gently in the breeze to the vibrant colors of blooming flowers, she found solace in the natural world. This was who she was, who her family were. At Hollie's words, questioning her, Nevena knew it was time to give her the gift that Oak and Merle had helped her with.

For weeks, Nevena had been contemplating a special gift for Hollie. They had been through so much together and now they had three buds to care for. Hollie had been a pillar of strength and support, understanding when Nevena travelled and being there for her every time she returned. This necklace was an expression of her love for Hollie and their connection to nature.

Nevena reflected on the gift. During a walk with Oak, her goat companion, they came across a majestic oak tree with a cluster of branches adorned with delicate white flowers. What was most strange about them, however, was the fact that they did not perish. Indeed, they continued to blossom even now, weeks after collecting these branches to create a delicate necklace. At the center of this necklace was a glowing orb, it was a blessed jewel that Nevena came across in her travels and kept, for safekeeping. Until now.

"Hollie," she murmured, her heart racing. She knew Hollie wasn't one for possessions but she hoped that the gift would be well received. "I have crafted a gift for you." She nosed through a bush, gathering the necklace lightly between her teeth. She placed it gently before Hollie, waiting with anticipation at Hollie's reaction.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:18 pm
Hollie's eyes widened with surprise as she carefully looked over the gift and saw the delicate necklace made of branches, white flowers, and a softly glowing orb. The orb reminded her of Nevena's eyes. Tears welled up in her eyes as she continued to nose over the intricate design. It must have taken Nevena a long time to craft such a surprise for her. She turned toward her love, her voice choking with emotion. She couldn't help the emotions, growing up she didn't have much, for she spent long hours caring for her mother and younger brother. Whatever they found, she tried to always give the most to them. Responsibility filled her days, she never had the time for love; until Nevena.

"Nevena, thank you. This is the most beautiful gift I have ever received." Hollie sobbed, throwing her body against her mate's. She ran her nose gently over Nevena's hair, her face, tears flowing down from her eyes and onto Nevena's. She was touched, truly by Nevena's thoughtfulness. The necklace was a lovely token and reminded her dearly of her mate.  

Rita Zyon

Rita Zyon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:27 pm
Nevena was unsure how Hollie would react, but feeling her against her, her tears running down Nevena's face, was perhaps not the reaction she initially anticipated. Nevena wasn't much for overt signs of affection and although Hollie was affectionate with her, there were times when she held herself back. Perhaps for Nevena? Nevena, though shy with affection, softened at Hollie's touch.

"Hollie," she whispered. "I know I don't say this very much but, I love you. I love you for your gentle nature, you're always so calm even when my soul is raging. You've been a comfort for me when something goes wrong and I need reassurance. When we came across Brandnetel, Brinley, and Edelweiss, you were so open to taking them in even though I was apprehensive. But, seeing you with them, your warmth and compassion shines through. We're lucky we have you. That you stay even when the times are hard. Affection is hard for me, but I am grateful for each day I have with you and will cherish it. Always."

She looked down at her mate, content and at peace.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:33 pm
Nevena's words of affirmation made her heart swell with joy. Hollie didn't have much affection growing up, perhaps that is why when she finally had the opportunity to display acts of affection, it oozed from her. Despite this, she did at times hold back, understanding Nevena's need for space. She never doubted Nevena's love for her, but hearing such words from her mate.....oh it made Hollie want to roll over with glee. Or burst into more tears.

She sniffed a little, curling her body further against Nevena's. She didn't know quite what to say right now, so overwhelmed by the gift and words of affirmation. For now, Hollie was content to lay against her, the moon's light bathing them with a soft glow.

FIN  

Rita Zyon

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces