Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[PRP] Where are the breaks? (Sapphire Rose and Star Hunter ) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:37 pm
User Image
Okay, Sapphire you can do this! Deep breath followed the words of courage and the travel began. She'd head to the Tree today to pick up supplies. After yesterday, the supply run was imperative.

Extra precautions were taken, her wings wrapped up tightly as if it were a corset against a duster of rich purple. From the tail flowed ribbons mimicking the tails of her family. Rarity was so beautiful and she always wished for a tail like hers. Scarves of ribbon created the effect and the shimmer was fun. Just because this could all be for naught didn't mean a lady went out unprepared.

All the grace in the world couldn't offset her wings pulling to one side or the other. Today made the struggle worse than normal, except for yesterday. Yesterday was bad.

Shaking her head, careful not to muss her perfectly placed mane, Sapphire tried to chase the memory of yesterday away. No, today there would be no problems a simple supply go and return home.

Seruta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:00 am
User Image

Star Hunter yawned and stretched. It had been a late night stargazing again, but that was nothing new. Still, the morning sun woke him up as it usually did and despite the small amount of sleep and the slight drag in his hooves, it was still a new day. And new days demanded a new flight through the clouds!

It was different here... Clouds were definitely softer to blitz through here than they had been back home. Of course, at home, he - like so many other Pegasus Ponies - were able to move and manipulate the clouds. He kinda missed it! Nothing beat a snooze on a cloud. It was the best feeling in the world!

Still, he was still able to fly. Couple that with still being able to see stars at night, and Star Hunter could not be happier!

He climbed up high and looked around, noting the sheer lack of clouds on this beautiful day. He frowned at the sight a moment before his stomach gave a hearty grumble. Deciding it best to find food, he figured a trip to the apple farm would be in order and turned his wings to guide him there.

He didn't just glide over there, however. There was still the need to train and do aerial stunts and the like. He knew Spitfire was in the tree still, he'd been fortunate enough to not be spotted by her too often - or at all - but she had a way of sneaking up behind you and demanding a race on a whim. He knew it was just to make sure her team was still on par with the old Wonderbolt ways. Ah... how he missed those days!

Reeling himself back into the present, he tucked in his wings hard, starting a nose dive to the ground. As he came down, he grinned and began spinning before making the sharp turn right before hitting the ground and spiraling at an upwards arch before straightening up to do a few loops and twirls in the air. Another speed dive brought him close to the ground and he smirked, planting his hooves until he skid to a near abrupt but well landed stop.

Panting, he grinned and pumped a fist at his side. "Yes! I still got it!" he exclaimed, then looked up to see a Faunie... er... Fauness? in his path. Suddenly stricken with embarassment, he clearred his throat and straightened himself up, stepping out of the two small skid mark indentions he'd created.

"Uuhhh..." he started, still not fully sure how to really talk to people. He was great with following orders and keeping to himself, but initiating conversation was definitely not one of his better subjects....

"Hi?" he then offered with a bit of a small wave.

EvilSilverDragon

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:33 pm
There was nothing particular to draw her eyes upward, yet ether they went. Against the blue of a clear sky darted dark blue grace. It took her breath away, watching the Pegasus own the sky like he was born to it. For a moment she was a filly again watching her mother create masterpieces. Skill in the air was as breathtaking as Rarity's skills with a needle.

It wasn't attractive, and certainly not befitting a lady, but the ugly mask of jealousy settled on her heart like a stone. How could he do that? The winged wonder acted like flying was as easy as breathing. Her walk had ended the moment her eyes fell on his movement, all she could do was stand there and marvel.

Oh his landing was fabulous! Clapping politely she exclaimed, "That was absolutely fabulous, darling! How ever did you teach your wings to do that?" Maybe that was what she was missing, perhaps all young Pegasus learn to teach their wings to behave. On a sewing machine she was able to glide and fly perhaps this was similar.

Uh oh, her eyes widened when she was struck with something. It was awfully rude to ask questions of a stranger without introducing oneself. "Pardon me, I am Sapphire Rose, it is lovely to meet you!' With very careful trick of balance the winged fauness gave a curtsy motion.

Seruta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:42 pm
Star Hunter chuckled. The cheering bringing back happier days. He bowed almost comically "Thank you!"

"The name's Star Hunter!"
He started and then shrugged. "It took a while and quite a bit of prac-...."

He paused as his eyes fell on the contraption pinning her own wings. "...-tice...." He tilted his head. "Did you break your wings?"

EvilSilverDragon

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:17 am
"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Star Hunter." A polite smile dawned her face as she listened to what he had to say. Practice? However did he survive it? There had to be tricks that were only know to those with wings, tricks he might be willing to share?

His question the wings brought them to mind and the faun shifted to the left awkwardly before compensating. For all that it threw off her balance, she held her smile and grace. "They came late in life, I am afraid, and won't listen." Her tone was that of scolding a naughty child, for that was about the score of it.

Just thinking of all the damage she'd done trying to learn how to fly, oh the embarrassment was enough to make her faint. As a lady she had to resist, this kind stranger may be able to help. Tying her wings back felt much like she was suffocating herself, a bind around her lungs as much as over the wings. This was far beyond a touch uncomfortable. Fashion itself wasn't meant to be comfortable but even that was sacrificed in the name of safety.

Seruta
Just to make life easier on me: #03A89E

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:05 pm
He shook his head. "Oh nonono! Wings might misbehave from time to time, but they're also very delicate. You can't bundle them up like that or they could break or sprain!" He stepped closer and offered a hand.

"Here." he started, reaching for the wrap and then stopping short. "Errm... May I?" With her permission, he'd help her loosen the bindings.

"When I was a young foal first learning to fly, I must have flown into so many walls, buildings and trees." he laughed at his own past misfortunes. They were cute little memories now. One he could easily dismiss as a lesson learned and one that most anyone else his age with wings could easily relate to. He wouldn't be the great flyer he was today though had he not had help. Perhaps this is what she needed?

"So are your parents too busy to teach you?" he started, not at all recognizing her to be related to any of the Apples at all. Of course, why should he. He only ever talked with Big Mac when it came to getting food from the farm. He only met one of the sons once... and that was a brief interaction, if any. He waved the question off quickly though. What with the tree being in the state it was in, he could see why they would be too busy after all.

"If they are, maybe I can help?" he then picked up. To be honest, he kinda missed the academy days. With her acting and speaking like a proper little lady, he likely won't throw her under so many rigorous drills like he used to during flight camp, but he could at least give her more of the one on one treatment most young fillies got from their parents. It was a shame they weren't more helpful, though.

EvilSilverDragon

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:31 pm
A slow building look of horror started as Star Hunter spoke til finally an exclamation. Dramatically, Sapphire declared, "Oh purple and red poke-dots." it was that bad, worst thing ever! If restraining her wings won't work, just what could she do?

A repeat of yesterday could set the orchard on fire! It could ruin more of her mother's work or or or. Oh she felt faint.

Worring her hands instead of her face, wrinkles didn't belong on faces or dresses, she said, "Oh..oh okay. They just have a mind of their own. I beg pardon for what they might do." This was going to be undignified, mere thought made her positively flush with embarrassment.

There was no shortage of fear the wings would take her to the sky and let her drop! Father wasn't there to save her, but mother didn't have to witness the shame.

A little less hesitant after he admitted to flying into things as well, Sapphire finally was more active in removing the corset bindings on her wings. Behind her, the purple duster looked alive as it billowed out cartoonishly behind her. Still, hooves were on the ground so that was a positive sign. The duster came off too, again still on the ground. Walking to hang the clothing on a branch became tricky, the left wing sticking up and the right flapping laizly mid center. There was practice in countering some of the balance issues.

Hanging up the duster, she turned back, the scarf like ribbons around her waste falling like a fauny's tail remained. "Oh no, mother and father were never too busy for me!" They were the best parents a foal could ever ask for, it was a shame on her for insinuating otherwise. "My mother is the best clothing designer around, she taught me everything I know. My father and brothers run the orchard and I helped!" Maybe not the most rugged faun out there, but the times helping her father are treasured.

Seruta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:48 pm
He let out a bit of a chuckle. "Relax." he called to her then shook his head with a grin. "If you're tense, they're tense."

He let her set the article aside and explain her parents to him. It was here that the dim bulb spark to life and the reasoning was clear. It's not that they didn't have time for the girl... they just didn't have the Wing Know How to fully help her!

"Ah! So you're Rarity and Big Mac's youngest, huh?" he asked. He'd heard mention from the Big Mac himself that they'd adopted a small girl. He always just assumed she'd be a fauny like the rest. Having never actually met her before made even more sense now.

"Well, my Apologies!" he started then placed a hand gently on her shoulder. It was his way of keeping her grounded and also proving to her that he was here for her support. He flashed a gaze at her wings and held back another chuckle. Yup! They were being unruly... but this was something he could easily help clear up.

"Alright. Well... First lesson when learning to deal with your wings is always relax." he started then stood directly in front of her. "Like I said before. If you're relaxed, they're relaxed."

"Second, the muscles to your wings stem from your shoulder blades. So in a sense, they are - in part - an extension of your arms. Or if you're into the more weird aspect of it, you have an extra set of arms!"

He then took a step back. "Ok. So. Take a deep breath and relax those arms... All of them." he then added with a bit of an inward chuckle. "And don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you."

After all, Big Mac would kill me if I did....

EvilSilverDragon

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:31 pm
Seams pucker if they are held too tensely and the string can snap. Deep breaths, Sapphire, deep breaths. Closing her eyes a moment she tried to calm herself down, anxiety was threatening to show itself. That seemed to smooth, iron to fabric ease as he mentioned her parents. "Proudly, darling!" No filly could hope to have better parents than the ones she had, they loved and supported her like no other.

Even with her wings causing havoc!

If he was kind enough to apologize, she'd accept. "It is no wrinkle at all, Darling." His hand came as a surprise at first, but as the left wing started to flap, it became a promise of a life line.

Again another deep breath as she tried to follow what he was saying. It would be rude to argue but the wings were building up to show him how relaxed they were. "I will try." Maybe it was just her, too overly anxious about mishaps along the way. How she was that anxious in her sleep yesterday was beyond her.

Another deep slow breath and a nod to what he was saying. The wings were a part of her, not an addition. Oh no, what did that say about her?! "Se..Second set of arms, I see."

Standing poised, the lady closed her eyes again picturing spa. A nice mud bath with cucumber. Her imagination was getting better, it really felt like she was weightless.

Weightless.

Opening her eyes she felt her wings make a sharp jerk upwards like someone had picked her up by the scruff and jerked. Very undignified, very unladylike, but Sapphire let out a shriek and flailed her arms to grab onto something solid like Star Hunter.

Seruta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:06 pm
He watched her wings slowly begin to droop and he nodded.

"There you go. That's it!" he encouraged. His mouth then opened to offer more words of encouragement when her wings suddenly thrust her into the air.

Thankfully, there were many drills and practice in the efforts of reaction and near instantaneous changes in his flying that he immediately bolted after her.

"Deep Breaths, Rose!" he half-shouted as he caught up to her and managed to grab both of her hands with his. His grip was firm, but not harsh. "I gotcha! I gotcha!" He was in his teacher mindset now. "Calm yourself down. Take deep, slow breaths..."

He continued to hold her hands, ready to fully grab and support her if her wings stopped trying to hold her up.

"When you feel a little more relaxed, focus on my wings. Watch how they move in sync. And then imagine yours doing the same. Picture the same beats. Feel your muscles flow together and move in the same motions."

EvilSilverDragon

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:31 pm
His grip wasn't harsh but hers was hanging on for dear life. A muffled squeal followed suite, mentally she screamed for her parents as the wings did their own thing. She felt like someone had strings attached to them like a puppet and was jerking them around while very drunk. Possibly cackling.

Deep green eyes off set by her starkly paled face met his blue wide and unabashed in her fear. All the manners and grace of childhood tossed out. "I don't feel like I am controlling them!" The pitch in her voice was higher then normal, but he had to know what was wrong. He could fix it, especially this far into the air she had to believe that more then shes believed anything in her life.

Focus on the wings, focus on the wings. Just like a scissor up and down. Sapphire watched the blue feathers, momentarily distracted by watching their form. That actually could make an excellent dress with the feathering mimicking the colors.

Focusing on the wings, her own almost matched his. It was almost purposeful the way they did contrary to what his did. When his was up, hers were down. Her body pitched to the left in a way that really shouldn't be possible for an inexperienced flyer but then the wings 'knew' what they were doing more than she did. "Don't let go!" Her words at least lowered in octaves back to normal pitch. If her heart beat any faster it would go right out of her chest.

Seruta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:43 pm
He smiled a bit. "You're getting there!" he started, then adjusted to follow and then hold her closer when she veered.

"I won't let go." he confirmed and gave her hands a gentle squeeze. "And to be honest, you're not. But you'll get there."

"Here. Breathe for me again. Slow, deep breaths. Tell me something that relaxes you. Picture it. Close your eyes and imagine it, if you need to. I won't let you fall."

Once she started breathing again, he needed to get her back down on the ground. He would be slow in his efforts, but he'd eventually attempt to bring her back to where the ground would settled under her hooves again.

EvilSilverDragon

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:24 pm
There was a strong attempt at a smile, his praise was well received but not well believed. It didn't help that her left wing stopped flapping for a few minutes and the right didn't seem inclined to cover the load. All of the sudden they kicked up again. The puppet master was drunk and half senile.

"I'll hold you to that, double stitched!"
Without her parents there the terror was almost suffocating. His reassurance was about the only thing keeping her from fainting in midair. Oh once she got home there would be the tightest hug in the world for her family and a proper faint.

Breathe, oh yeah that, breathe sapphire. Something that relaxed her, oh easy, "Making an outfit! I love the simple action of cutting the prefect fabric into the right sizes then assembling the dress. Just the sound sewing while Mother works and I help." A stitch in time saves nine, over again the mantra went. Her grip loosen but the wings still veered left and right as they willed but at least her completion was coming back.

Seruta

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:56 pm
It was a shame that she got about to training those wings so late in age. Not that she was old, mind... just older than the norm. It'd be easier to reign those buggers in if she were younger.

He felt a slight ping of relief as she seemed to listen to him though. She was relaxing and her wings seemed to be following suit.

"Alright!" he started in a bit of a coo. "Tell me more! Walk me through the process of making an outfit. Step by step, so I can picture it too. Ok?"

The more she relaxed, the more his grip on her did. Though, it was a painfully slow and gradual release, and he never dropped his guard. He was well ready and prepared for any flighty tricks they might have. But they seemed to calm as she calmed. Just as he said they would.

EvilSilverDragon

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:15 pm
That was a hard question to answer, "What kind of outfit?" Dresses, those were easy and a personal favorite of hers. Never ending magic followed watching her mother take a bolt of fabric and turn it into something spectacular. Her eye for the details and knowing just want to do was an unending goal.

The wings pitched again almost willing her into a barrel roll then seemed to give up mid volt. Back to mostly upright and nauseous. Times like this, the rustling of feathers sounded like malicious cackling. Sick feeling sat in the pit of her stomach, horror of losing her apples in front of a stranger took the color from her already pale face and fled with priority.

"Okay, okay, a dress! Uhh.." Every where at once her eyes weren't focused on anything as she 'saw' what she was thinking of. Losing focus on the stallion teaching her did not help the nausea at all, once her hooves were on the ground she'd have to run. Rude or unladylike display, no win. "First you have to pick the fabric, something that fits the purpose. Dancing dresses need to be lighter and more airy where as every day dresses can be sturdier fabric." Rushed in some parts, her chest heaving but the stomach contents staying put, the mare grasped to the physical anchor of her teacher and the mental ones grown through the best of foalhoods.

"I like two fabrics together, a soft but solid sheath laid over with a shimmery more see through to allow play on light. Fold everything perfectly in half then measure." One wing awkwardly flapped at half speed turning 'right side up' into askew, not helping! "Measure to standard form, or looser to allow movement. Next take the sharpest scissors and cut the template." Snip, snip, snip the comforting sound of sharp scissors through fabric, even now she could hear it.

"Mother almost doesn't need one, she can see what she wants and just makes it happen!" Chest puffed up and cheeks fuller, her head held up beaming. "Once cut the sides get assembled on a dress form so you can see just how it lays. Also, so you don't sew the dress together completely." Laughter threatened to bubble, remembering an attempt that saw her sew the whole outfit literally together, no arm holes or neck. "The wearer needs to actually be able to wear it!"

It wasn't a story to hide in shame, even in failure Rarity made it fun and seem like it was perfect. "Once pinned then it goes to the sewing. Up and down, up and down, double stitched to fit!" Actually sewing the items didn't reach the top ten list so the little ditty helped with the time. "Finally finishing touches, cut all the loose threads, get out the wrinkles and set it back on the form." Stand back and admire the work, particularly in the sun. Just like planting reward came from end product.

Nice of the wings to 'listen' and let her finish explaining.

Seruta

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces