Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
ORP - How not to be Seen - CLOSED Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:08 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A good few days in advance of the class itself, flyers went up on the usual bulletin boards across the island, advertising a class in blending in. It asked its readers if they’d ever felt their golem skills lacking or if they wanted to improve their acting and incentivised joining with a few bullet points advertising leave trips and Halloween excursions. Extracurricular activity was also mentioned as a good argument for promotion for those lagging a little behind.

On the morning of the class, bright and early in the specified location – a formerly quiet and mostly disused little rest room in part of the life labs – a small crowd of hunters gathered around the door with an atmosphere not very different from school, there were the people who thought it was stupid but was something to put on their hunter resume and there were the people who were genuinely keen, excited about a little bit of fun and drama.

The teacher showed up dead on time, he was short and very thin, dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and a loose plaid shirt with a hipster beanie, his short dark brown hair poking out of the edges and with some dark scruff framing his features. Adjusting his big thick rimmed glasses he gave everyone present a big friendly smile, fishing in the satchel he was wearing for a key to the door. “Hi all” he said, his accent a soft American one, the bag itself had several pins and patches for various things, it seemed to be mostly obscure bands. His left arm was in a sling across his chest and the cast had some silly comments in different types of handwriting on it, some of them seemed a little bit playful or rude.

“Ha ha, sorry if I’m a bit nervous.” he said. “This is all really new to me, I got asked to do this last minute, I only just got back to the island from my outpost, I had someone else set the room up.”

Throwing the door wide, he headed inside, taking a little time to get his keys back in the bag with one hand, it gave people time to sit down. The room itself had the middle of the floor cleared away with comfortable chairs around the edges and a large chest and a few rails of clothing along the back wall, at the front someone had cleared off a large whiteboard which had been brought in for the purpose, each chair had a folder which had plenty of plastic pockets and paper along with a pen.

“Get comfortable guys, grab a folder, sit next to whoever you like, but we’ll be doing a little icebreaker to get you all acquainted. I’m Christian Mitchell. Just call me Chris. I just need to set up my things so feel free to mingle.”

Quote:

Disguise Points

For each disguise related class a character attends they accumulate disguise points, these accumulate to allow them various small perks and also in character serve to prove that they have attended a level of training which would make them more trustworthy on missions of that nature. Out of character they get a little journal badge for each level they obtain.

This initial disguise class is worth 5 points, the second golem part will also be worth 5 at 10 your character gets a little certificate stating beginner level disguise clearance and you unlock your first badge.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:10 am
Quote:

Current stage - Stage 3 - Page 1 - Come up with a "persona" for your character, introduce them too

Next stage time - 29th of March

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:26 am
Henry, in his quest to be more dutiful and, well, useful to the organization, showed up bright and early. Like the person in charge of the ckass, he was also on the shorter side and very skinny, and he was also in skinny jeans and a plaid shirt. Here the similarities ended. Beneath the plaid there was a grey t-shirt with a graphic of the Deathly Hollows symbol done in white, and his natural pale yellow blonde was starting to show a bit at the roots of pale teal hair.

He looked relatively nervous about being the first one there, and not entirely comfortable in his own skin.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:55 am
One of the best things that Mimsy had ever learned (and she had learned a lot of things!) was how to braid. Cami's waist-length mess had been tamed into four specific braids (the number was very important) before each braid being wound into a central tail that hung down the center of her back. It was swinging behind her as she all but jogged into the classroom.

"Heya, Mr. Chris!" She paused, remembering Twitter, and tilted her head at him. "Do you use male pronouns? Sorry that I forgot to ask before assigning one to you. I'm still new at this and trying to be better about it." Seeing Henry she smiled and waved at him. "Hi! I'm Cami, she/her pronouns, no real division yet. She was conspicuously devoid of coat having decided that the one adult!her had worn did not suit teen!her at all.

She did have a plain civilian jacket on in white though as a bit of an effort to fit in with the rest of the group.

baneful

beejoux

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:02 am

As Henry snuck in he got a friendly smile and wave and immediately got mentally noted by Chris as someone who could no doubt benefit from a bit of reassurance as they went along. For the time being he let him be, but hoped the coming ice breakers might help a little.

"Hello there!" he said to Cami. "Male pronouns are just fine thank you, though I don't mind others, whatever suits people is not a problem at all and welcome to the class, I hope you enjoy yourself. I tried to provide a range of folder colours, I hope people can get one they like."

nesshime

Beejoux

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:31 pm
Charlotte arrived rather silently, seeking out the comfiest looking chair and claiming it. She gave the folder sitting on it a cursory glance, before gently sliding it beneath her chair. Instead, she procured a small notebook from her pocket and opened it in her lap. She made no effort to introduce herself, and seemed to be content watching the antics of the others already in the room as she made small adjustments to her bob of jet black hair and her plethora of charms.

She offered a pleasant smile to anyone who made eye contact with her - but gave Chris an especially bright one, before jotting something down in her notebook.

xbaneful

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:31 pm
Did the class start already?

Nellie wondered as she stepped into the room, stopping briefly to see if there was anyone familiar before crossing over to take the chair that was next to Henry's. "Hi again. Nice to see you here." She greeted with a smile and a little wave, trying to sound as confident and natural as possible though if one was observant enough, they might have noticed that she was gripping onto her red folder a little too tightly.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:54 pm
Malkam wasn't generally interested in lying better, with one exception, which was if this better equipped the both of them for revenge.

He'd prefer to shoot first, but if that wouldn't work, maybe it was a good idea to have a backup.

Plus, maybe it would be fun. And Mik had wanted to go.

He picked a yellow folder, the same as Jorm's scales, and sat down near an open seat so Mik could join him.

Maybe you'll get to try some cool new clothes, came a shy hiss. Maybe they'll make us put on clown outfits, Malkam thought back, not as optimistic.

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:21 pm

Mikael picked up a blue folder and gave Malk a big grin as he sat down. "Free stuff!" he said brightly. Mikael didn't mind classes when they weren't dangerous, and this one didn't sound dangerous. Being able to hide would be cool he thought and getting to go out in golems (also safe) would be even cooler.

He gave the other people already present bright keen looks and wiggled in his seat.

Chris gave them both a fleeting nod.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:50 am

While everyone found their seats and settled in, Chris unpacked his things to the desk he was using as somewhere to treat as a home base.

“I’m really glad you all came.” he said brightly. “I hope this class will be useful to you all and might well help you survive on a difficult mission down the line. If it doesn’t I hope at the very least you find it interesting. Any questions you have at any time please ask and I will do what I can to accommodate you.”

“Right, first up we need to get to know one another so it's ice breaker time, I want you all to tell the group your name, what you do and an interesting fact about yourself you don’t normally tell other people.”

“I’ll start.”

“So, I’m Chris.” and he laughed briefly at the absurdity of introducing himself all over again. “I teach disguises on the island, off the island I help to combat the horsemen and keep us all safe. Uh a fact I don’t normally tell people, hmm. I really love chai tea!”

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:05 am
Melvin came in with a pair of black sunglasses on and a worn, gray hoodie, jeans, and sneakers. His hair, while clean, was curled in odd ways with the absence of any actual product to tame it.

He didn't care what color folder he grabbed, his being pink, and walked all the way in the back and sat down.

-----

Kai came in and grabbed a yellow folder before plopping down into a desk that was quickly uncomfortable. Pulling a pen out, he looked about the room and spitted the one guy from camp who liked sandcastles and kep wanting to get freaky on Twitter. He smiled back and looked at the beanpole teacher. He really thought he was done with school but spy class sounded badass.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:36 am

Mikael eagerly stood up in front of the group. "I'm Mik!" he said. "Mikael. I er. Paint and make sandcastles! Something people don't really know about me is that I'm twenty this year!"

He sat down looking pleased with himself, as if age was some great achievement.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:33 pm
"Malkam," Malk followed by matter of course. "I work here, like um...everyone, I got here pretty recently." he said, giving Chris a duh look. "I made As in school," he said, which he didn't advertise much and not a lot of people guessed.

At least, he did until Melody had died. And Mik had followed her.

And he'd followed both of them here.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:09 pm
Cami's folder had turned out to be a bright red that wouldn't show blood though it was highly doubtful that such a mental association was a) healthy or b) necessary. They were in a class on disguises. Blood was hardly going to be necessary.

Having a face to put to Mikael's name made her smile brightly before raising her hand to call everyone's attention. "I'm Camille but everyone calls me Cami. As you can tell I'm from the Caribbean and I'm really young." She laughed a bit at that. "I don't know anything about being a hunter anymore so I'm glad to be here and learning with you all!!"

You need to learn quickly, liebchen. We have many to bring to justice... The voice in her mind was a quiet enforcement of why she was here, of what she was supposed to do, even though more and more she didn't really want to do any of it.  

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:02 am

Picking up a wooden box with a golden latch from his desk Chris held it up.

“Now.” Chris said “The next step is taking the ice breaker a little bit further, what I want you to do is from this box is reach in and without looking pick out a piece of paper, this will be the person you need to create. You need to think up who they are, give them a name, how they dress, what they like. When you’ve done this I want you to go and help yourself to clothing from the racks, there’s a large variety of all kinds there, and I want you to make yourself that person as best you can. Don’t go too outlandish if you are easily embarrassed. because for the next step we will be going to the human world. It will be very important in time for us to overcome shame, it does us no good in our line of work, but right now I want you all just to think about things and get a feel for if this is indeed the class for you.”

Quote:
Roll 1d20 and match it to the list below, this will give you the general concept for the individual you need to come up with, if you ultimately roll something you aren’t comfortable with, feel free to simply choose something that suits.

1- Grandparent
2 - Student - what do they study?
3 - Activist, alternatively militant vegan
4 - Goth
5 - Jock or Preppy type individual
6 - Businessperson
7 - Vagrant/Drunk/Mark/Dumpster Dweller
8 - Neckbeard/Basement dweller (fedora and MLP optional)
9 - Gamer girl/Guy
10 - Con-goer
11 - Soccer mom/overbearing dad
12 - Fashion fiend
13 - Lost era (someone dressing like 90s, 70s, 80s fashion)
14 - Crazy cat lady/man
15 - Salesman/woman
16 - a*****e - interpret how you like
17 - Librarian
18 - Athlete/Someone on their way to the gym
19 - Normal, or as normal/average as you can get
20 - Hooligan/Troublemaker/Gangster

Quote:
When you are done, have your char introduce themselves a second time as their new "persona" and tell us about themselves like that. Feel free to polyvore/pinterest/whatever. Just assume the things in the classroom meet the stuff you need.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff