Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Where is he now? (Rodney + Rep + Sam) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:39 pm

Rep was irritated and after recent events on the island really needed to unwind. He decided that unwinding would be best attained by making someone else miserable. After thinking about it a bit he decided that he'd go find that guy who was assigned to him to learn about the grail and see what he could do to ******** someone else's life over a little bit.

He wouldn't get hurt, he'd just...scare him a little bit. Because he looked like the sort of guy who needed a bit of a scare and who would be really ******** satisfying to actually scare.

Rodney got a text from Rep.

Quote:
From Rep
Come to the Death Division office.

And Rep himself made his way there, sauntering in.

"Is there anything easy needs doing? Gonna take one of the trainees for walkies."

Zoobey

Toshihiko Two

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:54 pm
Samuel was in the middle of a discussion with Mark, both of them muttering under the breath haggling the price of a vintage Commodore 64 when Rep showed up.

- "At least five hundred on top," Mark had finished arguing before he just stared at Rep as if he knew a terrible secret and then just went surprisingly very quiet, giving a panicked look at the empty desk before remembering that their lead wasn't around.

Sam raised an eyebrow at Mark's antics and then shrugged. "Yeah sure, we got two locations to check out, just report anything, take some photos, videos, the likes. You or your trainee buddy good at photography?" It was unclear if that was supposed to be a joke.

Baneful

Toshihiko Two

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:28 pm
"Y-yes," Rodney said, appearing very suddenly from behind Rep (although maybe he had been hovering there quietly ??? for a while ????).

Somewhere in the mire of his tragic expression, closed body language, and carefully gripped bag, he produced a small camera.

"I was actually...very involved in supernatural, u-um, photography, you know, lights in...cemeteries, before I arrived," This was a long sentence for him, and he held the camera very tenderly. He had, in fact, taken that same camera on every mission he'd been on, including the Sahara (with America and Lawrence), the catacombs (in search of some lost people), and when finding his scarf.

He looked at Rep with something like a rare glimmer of happiness and hope.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:37 pm

Rep almost jumped out of his skin when Rodney spoke up, whirling around to glare at him as if he'd done it intentionally. The look of anger melted into a look of incredulity.

This guy thought that they'd genuinely be taking photos. ******** photos like a sightseeing group. He'd joined the wrong ******** division was what. Death missions weren't about taking nice wee photos, they were usually about running for your goddamn life from something horrible while Mark ******** up the portal. "There's your answer." he said, tilting his head at Sam.

He had no idea what Mark and Sam had been talking about when he arrived or he'd have had something to say about that kind of money for an old Commodore when the things aged so badly internally.

"I don't do photography." he said. "I'll stick to smashing s**t."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:17 pm
"Right," Samuel nodded once at Rodney, "but let's just pretend for a moment that this mission is super allergic to smashing things. Less Mission Impossible more Bourne Identity, at least the first few good ones. No wait, less Bourne Identity and more Planet Earth."

He sat up from his chair parked on the side and pulled out his wallet, giving Mark fifty bucks. Mark didn't even seem to notice the price difference as he reflexively grabbed the money and signaled with a thumbs up.

It didn't take long for Sam to also pull up his coat and then a backpack of what looked like base supplies, unzipping it to check inventory and then closing it again. "You guys need anything else or we good to go? Let's see, two bases, about five miles to cover each, so about twenty minutes tops between the two. They're both classified as low danger, we're just mostly there to create snapshots."

Toshihiko Two

Baneful

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:42 pm
"I'm ready, yes," Rodney said, Samuel's comparison of the mission to Planet Earth earning an actual timid smile.

He hoped he could be helpful. Doing these kinds of things...it gave him the hope that he could. Maybe Mik would have liked to come, too.

"Thank you for taking me," he said meaningfully to both Rep and Samuel.

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:12 pm
"Sure Rodney," Samuel said absently, as he began to walk down to the lighthouse. He paused, outside the door, "You guys coming right?"

They walked in silence until outside, and it was starting to drizzle again, just lightly at first. "I hate this island," Sam said conversationally, "I used to live in Seattle for a while, it was always rain, every day, and people would get depressed all the time. Seasonal affective disorder you know?"

He picked up his voice as the rain started to come down in a soft roar, using his backpack to cover some of it. "How are you doing by the way Rep? Everything in -ah- working order? I think I saw Oz set up your desk earlier, but he told me not to say anything or he'd kill me." Pause. "I think you made a rather good impression on him."

The conversation didn't last too long, and the lighthouse was already visible, as the tropical rain suddenly stopped.

baneful

Toshihiko Two

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:04 am

"Aye fine." Rep said, he didn't need anything else for a photography session and followed along behind the other man. He'd been out to scare the hell out of Rodney, not encourage him to keep going with his wussy ******** photography hobby. Who even took photos of s**t that wasn't dicks and whatever anymore? He thought things like this only existed in Pokemon Snap, completely disregarding the entire hobby in one dismissive swoop.

"I'm fae Glega." Rep said grimly with an edge of sympathy. "Nearly 200 days of rain a year." It rained a lot on the island but when it did it was torrential, he often preferred that to it just raining softly and immersed in grey for literally ever. He didn't bother to try and fend off the rain at all, letting it soak his hair.

"And aye, it all ******** works even if its totally ******** different. Sitting down to piss is a ******** chore." He'd still refused to switch to the ladies bathrooms though, that was a goddamn step too far. "And ******** finally, I thought I wisnae getting a desk in the office back, thought I'd been ******** demoted back to back office only for having tits."

He shook his hair as the rain stopped. "Hope your camera's everything-proof Rod."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:33 pm
Rodney put his hood up as they stepped outside, gentler about the idea of home.

"I do miss having seasons," he said. Here it was always hot, and always storming, bar magical interference. But as the rain really began bucketing, Rodney held his camera close and his coat tighter to him, trying to talk over the roar of rain and not doing a very good job of it.

"Seattle is...very beautiful, though. Mt. Rainier is incredible. Um, the flower markets...and I'd never seen anything like them. I went up to...h-help with an art exhibit."

He looked concerned for Rep at the comment, interpreting, "You're...d-disappointed we're not going to be," he flinched at the word, "fighting?"

The lighthouse loomed just ahead.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:25 pm
Samuel managed a sideways quizzical stare at Rodney before pulling out his phone to double check for the proper coordinates. The computers managing the lighthouse portals interface were still running, and he waited a bit for the loading to catch up, "First location is relatively close to Cape Town, apparently everyone's favourite polar ice caps titan has been showing up a little too north, it usually now just chills in Antarctica." He waited a bit for any potential penguin documentary jokes, "No engaging, just observe and make note if the titan is there, take some photos, scan for Fear and then leave."

The portal loaded, Sam grabbed his headset and handed Rep and Rodney one. "I mean it, seriously, if you piss off a titan you are on your own, this guy is the guy your division lead warned you about." There was a 99.99% chance that though. the Death lead wouldn't actually warn them about said titan.

They arrived on the other side at a very scenic spot, just along a swerve of the highway curving up into a cliff. The panorama view was astounding, and the sun just happened to be setting quite dramatically. Samuel passed Rep a pair of expensive-looking binoculars. "Here, scan for Fear anything and the likes, I'll set up. You guys are free to walk around, don't go too far." He pointed towards the mostly grass-covered shoreline where a few penguins were lazing around. "You got twenty minutes."

Baneful

Toshihiko Two

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:41 pm

"Flowers are gay." Rep said to Rodney, as if making a sensible observation. "And aye, fighting is the best."

At word of their destination Rep looked a lot happier at the fact that they were going anywhere near the Antarctic, even if it was actually Africa. He'd seen the titan before and after that had decided he never ******** wanted to get near it again. Photos sounded pretty good in comparison to that.

"Nae worries." he said. "I think this ******** thing like, ate H once. Or something like it, I am not about to ******** with a titan. It can just, stay where it is."

Taking the binoculars, he looked out at the cliff before lowering them again. "This place is pretty ******** cool man!" he said, letting his sullen broody exterior slip a bit in the face of exciting technology and beautiful sprawling nature. "Oh man look there's wee penguin dudes!"

He turned to Rodney in a moment of genuine enthusiasm and grinned. "I was a penguin once." he said. "Swimming was really really ******** cool. Though we nearly got eaten. It was still really ******** awesome."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:54 pm
The weather was thankfully warm, and Rodney shyly pushed back his hood, wringing water from the bottom his coat.

"It's a type of squid, isn't it?" he asked, because on the subject of cryptozoology at least he had been very interested and on some subjects (vampires, UFOs, bigfoot, angels) had spent a good deal of time poring over records.

He dried his hands the best he could, and began taking careful photographs of the landscape. He hadn't seen a non-zoo penguin before, but he liked seeing animals with the unbounded world at their disposal, although he knew their lives were shorter. It, somehow, felt closer to the Garden.

Sunset was the photographer's golden hour, and everything was bathed in warm, soft light.

Throughout, Rodney stayed close to Rep, attentive to direction.

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:33 pm
The eternal trail of penguins carried on for a while, seemingly longer than the shoreline even extended to. It looked almost hilarious, like they were stand just a little above water.

Samuel, still above them on the ledge, had propped up a computer tablet, and was just idly tapping it, going through all the routine checks. He was far enough from them that he couldn't be heard, but he was doing what could either be interpreted as frantic or eager waving.

The land mass below the penguins stirred and shifted away from the shoreline.

Toshihiko Two

Baneful

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:45 pm
Rodney waved back.

They probably should have used a headset.

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:51 pm

Rep had been in Death long enough to know that if someone waved at you you ******** went straight to them before you died horribly. He didn't even take a moment to look around him but instead took hold of Rodney about the waist and carrying him like an animal climbed hurriedly up to the ledge where Sam was, putting him down.

"What is it?" he asked briskly.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces