Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ORP] Hearts & Crafts (Status Effect VDay Cardmaking) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:45 pm
As adorable as this island-wide 'problem' was, Caroline had kind of been hoping that it would clear itself up before Valentine's Day, largely for entirely selfish reasons. But when it didn't seem like that was going to be the case, there was only one way to handle this:

Get the kids to make Valentine's cards for each other. Then, on the day itself, after all the cards had been exchanged and new little romances were being kindled...a great big Valentine's party.

This part was step one.

The cafeteria tables were all stocked up with any of the craft supplies they could possibly need, gathered from every corner of the island. There was colored construction paper (a must for homemade Valentine's cards), markers, glue, glitter, deliberately only childproof scissors, little beads and gems for decorations - nearly anything they would want or need when making Valentine's cards and Valentine's party decorations. On one table was even a pin/button maker, which had been a pretty exciting discovery.

"There's snacks too, if you're hungry! Wash your hands in the kitchen," Caroline would cheerfully remind everyone as more arrived, pointing to chips and popcorn and a large pile of Starburst candies, which was inexplicably missing only the yellow ones. And because handling over a hundred teenagers wasn't a big enough task already, there were also a few two-liters of various sodas.

Quote:
Tl;dr:
-Come make Valentine's cards for each other, for yourself, for your friends and parents back home, or just make decorations for their Valentine's Day party!
-Just assume the materials they need are available (within reason, nothing like swarovski crystals obviously)
-Snacks and drinks are available, please don't just steal them and run off but she won't stop you if you REALLY NEED TO DO THAT
-If they need some suggestions of who to make cards for, assume they're given this list: YOURSELF, [every division leader's name here], Mark, Lucky, Rep, Gale

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:47 pm
Ember arrived first and with great interest.

"It's my birthday, you know," Ember said, with an armful of construction paper and tubes of glitter. "I'm fifteen now."

nothing yet

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:54 pm
Kitty loved Valentine's day. She never had much luck with it, since she despised everyone her own age (and the feeling was usually mutual). Yet despite her bad luck and lack of valentine's beyond a successful grade two haul, Kitty adored the romance of the holiday itself. Chocolate was on the agenda, love cards and poems were everywhere, hearts and pink and everything a Princess such as herself could ask for.

Kitty set up shop at one of the tables, hogging as many plastic gem stickers as she could while she created not only decorations to her liking, but also the biggest sparkliest Valentine known to man. It was addressed to Prince Charming...

- - -

Otto thought there would be chocolate. That's all he wanted here. However, he did find snacks. So as not to be kicked out before he could get his fill, he decided to play along and make a card. For whom? Well, that's what had hims stumped. Stumped is what gave him more time to snack.

The plain looking card with graffitti style lettering on it merely said "Happy V-Day", with a crude looking bloody anatomical heart beside a skull and cross bones.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:58 pm
Liam emerged from the kitchen area, slowly, as if he were trying very hard not to draw attention to the fact that he had been in the kitchen area. Were they supposed to be back there? He really didn't know, but just in case, he'd pretend he and Harper hadn't been helping themselves to a snack.

When he was fairly confident that he hadn't been caught, he hurriedly made his way over to Caroline and the other kid that was talking to her, arms filled with supplies. Brows raised, he surveyed the tables, the various crafting materials, the snacks, then turned baby blues up to Caroline. "What's all this for?"

Oh, and because he had heard the other teen mention their birthday, he flashed them a smile. "Happy birthday."

Nothing yet

its me debz

hanging gallow

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:59 pm
A shaggy, curly head peered over Otto's shoulder.

"Whatcha makin?" Chance asked curiously. "That's pretty, uh...intense."

bittiface

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:07 pm
kuropeco

Otto looked up to find the boy he'd met when he'd first woken up. "Oh it's you." He replied mundanely, returning his attention to his card food. "It's a Valentine. Cause yanno. Yay Valentine's I guess." He murmured with his mouth half full, still not adding a name to the card; only more blood and arrows. Possibly a biohazard sign. It was getting hard to tell. He only seemed to be using the black marker...  

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:04 pm
"These scissors suck," America griped before setting the pink heart down, spritzing it her preferred body mist, and then kissing it her very red lips. A little sprinkle of glitter followed, coating the lipstick and giving the whole thing some extra sparkle.

"I'm gonna give this one to that Horace ********, teach him to hate me." After daintily placing the card in envelope, she dumped a whole bunch more glitter in.

"I should make one for the big smelly guy in the house I woke up in," the girl considered, casting Mimsy a curious look. "Who are you making yours for?"

nothing yet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:34 pm
Prior to America's comment about the quality of the scissors, Mimsy had paid no attention to them. She glanced at what they had been offered, stare slowly migrating towards her mother. It wasn't difficult to put cause and effect together here.

A pair of actual scissors of superior quality was placed silently on the table next to America.

She returned to meticulously sorting through and selecting specific markers, having only just completed her sorting and selection of construction paper, only stopping to consider the question about her Valentine's recipient. This took a few moments; she had forgotten the ultimate result of this activity.

"Um." She shifted in her seat, uncomfortable with her uncertainty. "Am I allowed to give mine to you?"

lizbot

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:06 pm
Otto received a cheerful grin in response to the lackluster greeting.

"You don't seem like the type to enjoy Valentine's Day..." Chance said. "No offense or anything. Also you're running out of black marker."

bittiface

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:51 am

Larry showed up to the valentines gathering quietly, sitting at one of the tables far away from the others - because he was used to being somewhat of an outsider.

He was also used to the safety scissors.

He set to work on a card, very carefully setting about a picture of a smiling redheaded figure on a beach, carefully placing glue and glitter for sand.

This took him some time.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:24 am
A chair creaked and a short-haired blonde plopped right beside him, looking over to smile at him.

"Hey. Whatcha doing all the way over here?" Mel asked Larry. It was strange to allow yourself such a large gap between you and everyone else and he wondered if the other kids had said something to Lawr to make him sit so far away. That or he didn't like other people.

Valentines was a strange event to have when they were in a kidnapper island and even odder for a boy. Most kids stopped doing Valentine's days parties and giving out cards once they got into middle school. The ones given out his age were to ask people out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:37 am

Larry looked up from his careful work at Melvin and gave him a shy smile. "I just didn't want to bother anyone." he said. He was used to it, used to not being very popular in school and finding it difficult to adjust to secondary school back home. He was getting the hang of it over time, but being here had set him back to square one.

"I don't really like being a hassle" he said quietly.

"Would you like a card too? I'm not very good at drawing but I like to try."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:44 am
"You barely talkin. I don't think you'd bother anyone if you stay with everyone but you can do what you want." He reached out to grab a bottle of Elmer's glue, squeezing it so the nozzle would make a noise as small air blew out.

Puff. Puff.

"Hmmm? I.. don't mind. Up to you." Which meant if he did, then it would be rude not to make one too. "I can make you one."

He reached out for some construction paper. Ugh. So much pink and red. He went for yellow. Less girly.

"Who's that for?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:26 am

Larry looked very heartened by the reassurance from Melvin and nodded. "I'd like that a lot."

"This one is for Rodney, the one I woke up with. He's shy, I think he'd like it, I put glitter on it because its shiny. He likes beaches I think and he's got really red hair."

He put the finishing touches on the card, put it in an envelope and very carefully set it to one side where nothing could spill on it.

Reaching for a white card, he set it down in front of him. "What sort of things do you like?" he asked. "Like I like cowboys, angels and dogs."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:42 am
He considered what he liked in general terms.

"I like boats, the ocean, and aliens." He looked over to him. "And my cat Pepper." He said his cat only because she went to his room at night and spent more time there by default.

He worked on gathering some crayons and started making some horses with wings.

"I woke up with Jordan." He made four stumpy legs for husband horse blob body. "People on the phone notes said stuff. You think it means anything? About time travel and who we are?"

He looked over at the closed envelope Lawr put aside. "Rodney is quiet."

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces