Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ PRP ] Her (Rep, Carl, Harrison) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:45 pm
"That kid is a piece of s**t," said Carl angrily, and then stopped. "Sorry, language."

His eyes briefly flipped to the fragment and then away again. "It'll probably grow back if you don't do something with it, just be careful." There was a pause again and he was doing that thing where it sounded like he was listening to someone else. "Um, Rep, we need to tell you something but- but away."

As if to pile on the super extra guilt he was feeling, he left his cellphone and key card on the table as well.

Baneful

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:59 pm

Rep gave Carl a concerned look. Concerned was something he'd been feeling a hell of a lot lately. "Grow back?" he said, holding the shard away from him a bit. That would be bad. "Is there nowhere I can put it where it won't?" Why the ******** didn't they have a containment unit or something on this island that wasn't a goddamn box in his room.

His attention moved from the thing in his hand to Carl. "Okay." he said. "Away where? From here? How far? Just me or Ace too?"

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:14 pm
"Just you," he said and then tugged Rep's arm away with about as much effort as he could muster. He leaned against the outside of the bar walls and took a few deep breaths. "The- the um, the fragment. If it grows back again just don't give it the mask and tell him he was wrong." His eyes fluttered closed for a second and then suddenly snapped open. "And don't let Lucky open the jar."

Apparently for some reason, this was more dire than the mask-fragment situation.

And this close, Rep could hear her. Carl didn't say anything though, he seemed to just nodding off to sleep without ever realizing he was. The humming was growing louder and Rep could almost visibly see her, standing next to them, waiting.

Baneful

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:19 pm

Even in the doorway, Rep had to keep the book in his line of sight, but he listened carefully to Carl's warnings. The mask needed to be kept away, so he'd see to that. He startled at the mention of Lucky's jar. He knew it was really ******** important not to open that thing, you just had to look at it, it was like a reactor core or something equally horrible and yet ******** fate had decided to hand it to the one guy who'd be guaranteed to push the big red button marked eject reactor core just to see what happened.

Rep was really, really tired. "I'll try." he said.

He nodded to Circe in that respectful way he always did now. "Hey." he said, addressing her in person.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:35 pm
She smiled at Rep, but didn't say anything, looking more like the apparition she should be instead of something more.

"She has the key back," Carl suddenly said, and he didn't seem quite sad about it at all. "We have to go now."

He stepped away for a second, and then suddenly, fiercely, he hugged Rep around the waist. "Thank you." He looked up, and she was reflected in those eyes. "I'm sorry."

Before Rep could ask what he was sorry about in that brief moment Carl had summoned his weapon, he swung it very carefully-

- And she passed through Rep and just as gently took something from him. They didn't seem important at first, and when they were gone, everything felt a little more different.

Why was Rep standing outside by himself in the first place?

Baneful

The only memories Circe took were the ones with Carl actually in it from after the Lighthouse ORP. It means any before that are safe/non-intrusive - and any after such as this RP, Rep just remembers doing these tasks without any help, and all the reminders about opening the jar and assistance and such become Protection's voice and help instead.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:52 pm

Rep didn't even think as he hugged Carl back, just an instinctual reaction from someone who normally resented physical contact from those he didn't trust. He trusted Carl.

The scythe always hummed and he only had a chance to eye the brilliant blue before it was done and everyone was gone. The raised a brow, shrugged and headed back into the bar again.

"Right, this place is a ******** mess." he said, looking at the broken glass. "We need to keep the book and the crystal seperate. I'll take the book to our room, we need to guard it. The crystal..." He eyed it.

"No sure where to put it, with my stuff?"

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:22 am
R-Right, he wanted to talk to Rep about...boss stuff, and not behead him...

Harrison (who normally was pretty keen on any kind of payment) looked at the pile of offerings with a dread reserved for coiled snakes, and waited worriedly for Rep to get back from his meeting.

He looked up with hope when Rep looked intact and also ready to straighten the bar out.

"s**t, I dunno," Harrison said, "It's like negotiating where to keep nukes." He didn't look keen on the idea of putting either thing with any of their personal things. "He doesn't have a like, safe for it, huh? What about where they used to keep Excalibur? And uh, the other guy."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:50 am
A little girl with no face and blonde pigtails sat on one of the upright barstools, legs dangling. She turned to look at Rep first. "May I please please have that watch?"

Baneful

Toshihiko Two

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:57 am

"Don't think so." Rep said to him, "Just wherever we ******** put it. And I think that's just a cave, you could like walk in, no one guards it anymore, so it could just get stolen, someone could just walk in and take it and we wouldn't know." He didn't much approve of Deus' policy on dangerous artifacts and just ******** hiding them under the bed and hoping no one died if they went nova.

He handed the money to Harrison and was in the process of pocketing the other stuff when he noticed the little girl again. "No." he said, holding it to his chest. "I already got you the ******** book. This is mine." Rep wasn't a generous sort of person, his kleptomania and need to hoard items didn't much permit just giving things away to people who wanted it.

"What do you ******** want it for?"

He didn't know where it had come from but it was his now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:00 pm
Harrison seemed surprised at the appearance of another...what, customer?

But less surprised that she wasn't having any luck pawning something off Rep.

"We...probably will have to give it back anyhow," he said. He sounded a lot less gruff than usual. He was still terrified of Carl.

The only thing he valued more than his wallet (besides Rep) was his own skin.

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:14 pm
"It was his watch," she stated without explaining the pronoun that could literally eighty-percent of the island, "but now it should be mine!"

She reached out a hand for the watch, and it stopped working entirely. Upon seeing that Rep didn't look like he was going to give it back, she turned to Harrison. "Can I have another one? I promise it's for something really good."

Toshihiko Two

Baneful

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:27 pm
"What, a watch?" Harrison asked. "You don't...get paid? I mean, I guess you'd got to pay to get it runicked, too. They uh," he looked at Rep, completely lost, "have the SPECTRE ones, too, so long as you got a hundred bucks.  

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:29 pm

Rep didn't have a clue what Alice was talking about but he was very reluctant to hand over what was rightfully his now under finders keepers rules.

Harrison's response made him laugh out loud, and for a moment bright and clearly, he realised why the legacies probably chose mostly to leave him alone.

"I don't think she has money." he said, and let out a long, dramatic sigh.

"Here." he said, and took off his own SPECTRE watch, holding it out. "Consider it a trade for saving my life, if you can use this one instead." The other one had gained value to him with the memories of this time and place it represented.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff