Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Rewind (Tempest + Gale)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:12 pm
She'd been dreaming. About home, and the arguments her parents no longer bothered to wait until she left the room to get into. The framed photos with the glass broken out of them from so many times thrown against the walls and floors, now placed in every corner of the house like a constant vigil. The immaculate bedroom with two empty beds that she had to walk past every day for two years now, just to reach her own. She opened the door to her bedroom, and as she crossed the threshold the sounds and pain seemed to recede into a dull white noise behind her. And then -

Tempest awoke in what looked like a hospital.

She had never seen a place like this before - a mixture of modern sterile whites and strange, glowing glyphs that dotted the seams of everything. She blinked, but the symbols remained, fuzzing out at the edges where tears were starting to form. It had only been a matter of time, hadn't it? She'd been committed.

{ What did you do to my wings?? }

She covered her ears with her hands, but the voice continued to shrill. Maybe she had finally snapped. "N-no. You're not real. None of this is real. Get out of my head -"

{ You've disfigured me! My beautiful wings - what kind of fallen angel am I without my wings? }

Tempest didn't wait for the voice to stop mourning; if anything she dutifully tried to ignore it. She scrambled out of the bed and gathered the belongings on the chair beside her. None of it looked familiar - someone else's phone, someone else's clothes, someone else's jacket - and quickly changed out of her hospital gown into the uniform and pocketed the phone.

The place was dead silent. Here and there, the beds were occupied by teenagers about her age, sleeping or sickly. The rest were empty - with no doctors, nurses, or anyone else attending to them. It was strange, so strange, and wrong. She'd already seen the inside of real hospitals so many times, when Gale and Leslie -

No. Best not to think about that.

She stole into one of the curtained rooms just long enough to pilfer a scalpel. It made her feel safer to have something in her hand that felt real and dangerous. It felt like any moment, whatever had made the adults disappear would come back for her.

"Hello?" She clutched the grip of the scalpel in one hand until her knuckles went white. From her frantic fourteen-year-old point of view, the place seemed to go on forever, like one long nightmare hallway. "Is anyone here? I need help. Please..."

kuropeco
HEY GALE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:12 pm
He still had not figured out what to do.

Gale had spent the majority of the last several hours trying to sleep, but it hadn't worked too well. Instead, he'd tossed and turned restlessly, finally dragging himself out of bed and pacing around the room until he'd given up entirely on any semblance of peace at all.

Tempest's face. Tempest's anger. Tempest being here at all.

It made him feel dizzy. Bad enough that Leslie was gone forever, what now were the chances of Tempest being able to survive? She had always been a strong willed girl, but he hadn't grown up with her the way he had with Leslie - and even then, they had not been close, because he'd left.

No, because he'd been sent away. Because his parents had not wanted to face what their only son was seeing.

And now the entire island was a mess of nonsense and he couldn't get Tempest out of his mind, so he went to find her, Jinhai making reassuring, cool breathed comments inside of his head.

The room she'd been assigned to was empty. Gale wasn't sure whether that was a good sign, or a bad. He tried the common rooms, and then finally, and somewhat reluctantly, went to the infirmary, hearing a smattering of footsteps drawing nearer.

He almost ran straight into her. Except it wasn't her.

"Tempest?" said Gale sharply. "What are you - "

He held up both hands in the face of the scalpel, a gesture of submission.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I swear."

molten tigrex

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:12 pm
"That's my name - how do you know my name -" Tempest stumbled back, and then took a few more steps of her own volition, forming a safe bubble of space between them. Here was the only adult she'd seen so far. She seemed to consider his words, lowering the scalpel a little at a time, until it was settled in front of her in more of a defensive point outward than genuinely wielded.

"Are you a - a doctor?" Her eyes searched for some sort of confirmation, but she saw no white coat, or stethoscope, or nametag. They looked out of place here, like a visitor. She continued to hold the scalpel in front of her with both hands, though they were obviously shaking, pointing it like a knife. "Do you work here?"

kuropeco
today is short post day yay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:26 pm
His Death oriented mind hastily constructed an excuse of sorts.

"I read the files of the patients still in the Infirmary," said Gale, keeping his hands where she could see them, though his heart was still pounding erratically in his chest. "I was trying to figure out where everyone was. And I'm not a doctor. I do work here, though; I'm....a researcher."

It was a stretch, but, well.

"I'm not here to hurt you," said Gale carefully, a second time. "I promise."

molten tigrex

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items