Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] In Common (Corazon del Corona + Otieno Makar)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Leena-chan

Accursed Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:07 pm
A Private RP between my (Leena-chan) Corazón del Corona and Otieno Makar (~Latonia de la Courtel~).

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Teepees: Leena-chan | ~Latonia de la Courtel~

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:31 pm

It was nice to get some time to herself. She knew too well that her protective father hated to leave her side but there were soquili out there who could use his loving nature. Who was she to keep him all to herself all the time? There was no way that Corazón could ever get in the way of her father bringing love to others like he enjoyed doing. So, while he was away, it was her time to play. Her purple toes had found their path as she trotted into the lush forest of the lands. The day was just as bright as her attitude was. The canopy did not allow for a lot of heat of the day to pierce through but the few beams that made their way left her in awe of the natural beauty of an afternoon in the forest.

The sound of trickling water was first to grab her attention away from the various flora that grew along the beaten path that seemed to be well traveled by the equine before her. Ears flicking, Cora made her way off the trail and into the brush, beyond several bushes, snapping branches as she made her way to the curious noise. Her awareness of her surroundings was completely destroyed by the sight of a small stream of water that dribbled over a tremendous bed of smooth, colorful pebbles. It was the stones themselves that lured her into the water, and drew her face close to the water's surface. "Oh wow, how pretty!" She had a knack for talking to herself when wandering about alone. Anyone who would come by could easily tell that traveling by herself was probably not a good idea for this mare. Her father had good reason to worry about his daughter. She did not give any effort to study her surroundings at all. This did not present a problem to her mind until she lifted her head. "Uh oh.." She muttered in concern. A frustrated huff left her. Yep she had done it again or so it seemed. The mare had looked up to realize she had no clue where she was. She was lost in the woods and it was hardly the first time.

WC: 373

~Latonia de la Courtel~
Thankies for rping with me >W< <3

Leena-chan

Accursed Cat

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:56 pm
Crafting trinkets out of feathers, beads and bones was a time-consuming process. New to this land, Otieno Makar had yet to make enough friends with carnivores that would aid him in this endeavor. With no established boneyard or allies to provide him with material, he was forced to wander in the hopes of finding what he sought or making allies who might assist him. Early that morning he’d had the idea that ravens or condors would be somewhat invaluable in a search such as the one before him, but he’d had yet to find any this morning.

“If my luck doesn’t change soon…” He muttered, clawing idly at the soft earth beneath his talons. “Perhaps I will need to go ask Sonata what relations she can refer me to… Enough of them hunt, surely they must know if there are boneyards that I can gather from? Or they can at least point me to some of their older kills.”

Clicking idly, the stallion flicked his long tail in rhythmic, contemplative strokes. At least the gathering of feathers was an easier task. Knowing winged friends with friends with wings was quite useful, though now that he thought of it friends with birds would be even more so. He had heard there were some flocks of songbirds allied with the local herds, perhaps they might be of help? Or again, the ravens or condors, when he needed larger feathers. Not so large as some of those donated by the Soquili he was coming to know, but large enough for good ornamentation.

“Should meet someone who can dye feathers too, if you can manage it.” He muttered pacing along through the trees with a last idle flick of his tail. This land was all strange to him, but his knack for navigation meant he’d find his way back to familiar territory soon enough. Until then, he’d make sure not to get caught in any vines or sunk into any bogs, and he should be fine.

“I wonder if there is quicksand here…” He murmured idly. “Or hot springs. Those would be things to look into. The quicksand to avoid and the hot springs to visit.”

Thankfully through his first cold season in this new land, Otieno had very much decided that he did not at all care for the white of the world in winter, or the bite of snow. He was thankful that his friends had decided to move further south, away from the sprawl of the winter weather and the bite of frigid wind. “No wonder at all creatures sleep through that dreadful season. Most unpleasant.”

The sudden murmur of a feminine voice made him pause, one clawed forefoot caught in mid-air. The soft “uh oh” was not a familiar voice, but it sounded like she was lost… and he couldn’t just leave it alone.

“Erm… hello there? Are you alright?” He murmured, craning his head through the trees. “Lost, by chance?”

Wordcount: 491
Leena-chan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:27 pm

The forest was hardly a place to bring her any sort of trepidation when alone but the mere thought of having her dear padre so worried for days on end as she tried to find her way home was the driving force to the concern rising in her throat. She had to swallow back her fears and the 'what ifs' of the possible future as her orange gaze scanned between the trees in hopes of some sort of sign or symbol of where she had come from. After all, to be as free-footed as she was in her journey, surely there had to be some sort of indication after all this, right? However, it was not something visual that was caught by her eyes that drew her attention, but rather the sound of an unfamiliar voice captured first her ears that drew forth her focus as her head turned to face the source of all those inquiries.

Surprise and a small sense of relief washed over her in an instant as she spotted what looked to be another soquili. All the worries and fears from before fading away into the shadows of the forest around her. Another soul like herself was the very symbol of hope that her father would come to see her sooner than if Corazón traveled on her own time and pace. This was the very thing that she wanted anyway. She wanted to be just like her father. She wanted to travel and find souls, bringing them whatever bit of happiness she could bring. This was her first attempt in being just like Aarón. A smile seeped over her face as she beamed to the new face that came through the trees.

All the forest-dwelling creatures would have thought the two were already friends from the energetic way her feet carried her towards the unique stallion. "Hola Sir! Oh sí, I am okay, gracias." It was clear as she approached even closer that personal space was something foreign to her as she stepped in leaving but half a foot of space between them. There was a light airy giggle that slipped free as she beamed in delight, "Lost? Tal vez.. a little." She took a step in even closer to him so they now stood inches apart. A gentle note now graced over her words, "Hi. I am so happy to see another soul here."

Her head tilted as her gaze shifted over his facial features. Sheer wonder and pure curiosity overcame her tone as the mare appeared rather fascinated of her newest acquaintance. "I have never met someone so interesante in these lands." This one was unlike any other she had met. "Are you new here? Where did you come from?"

WC: 465

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Leena-chan

Accursed Cat

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:37 pm
“If we think about this in terms of a scale, based on trinket and wearer…” Otieno mused. “Songbird feathers, raven, condor, and then? Perhaps a winged wolf or buffalo or cat or… Well, anything with medium sized feathers. And then if winged friends will volunteer some longer feathers, maybe we can practice painting patterns on feathers to include in trinkets.”

Basically, new friends. Otieno needed lots of new friends. With feathers.

Accustomed to traveling with his small group of herd mates or just thinking his thoughts out loud, Otieno Makar had a habit of murmuring his various ponderings. He was thankful that his friends didn’t seem to mind, though it was probably a habit he should get out of now that he was around strangers in their new home. Some just weren’t as used to his antics, and his ever-present search for bones could be a little off-putting. But he did need some fresh bones, and skulls made quite charming accessories if he could find them.

Best not to say out loud that he was head-hunting. That was another one of those things that didn’t tend to go over well with strangers.

Wagging his tail, pleased that he at least had an idea of the range of supplies needed, the stallion pawed at a felled log to see if it turned over any interesting rocks or clues. Nothing there, and no sign of hooves or claws or paws on the trail he stood on. So then, wherever the lost stranger had come from, this trail was not one she’d traveled yet.

“I promise I don’t mean you any harm, stranger.” He offered in a gentle tone as the mare came into sight. She was black coated, sleek and dark, but painted with hues of the rainbow. Still, she seemed familiar somehow, with features that marked her as sharing in his homeland even if he didn’t recognize her specifically. “Oh, I am glad to hear that you are well. And hello! I am sorry, I tend to wander all over the place”

Her feet were something like he recognized from his homeland, though the strange ridge on her back and the tail also marked her as kind if not kindred. Happily pacing closer and grinning brightly at her strange flurry of language, Otieno wagged his tail and did his best to appear friendly. “Well, I’m sorry to hear that you’re lost but I’d be happy to help if I can. I tend to be pretty good with directions, if that helps you at all.”

He tilted his head, flaring his feathers and then sleeking them back down. “Ah, well I confess I am not from here. Not, how do they say? Native to this place. Myself and my friends came here through many days of travel when our previous homeland became somewhat inhospitable… Volcanos make for an unkind landscape, if you are not familiar. All that magma and smoke. Most unpleasant.”

He gave her a sorrowful look and then winked, grinning wide. “I would not recommend it, on a personal note. But enough of that right now, my name is Otieno Makar. May I have the name of the lady with whom I am conferring?”

Wordcount: 534
Leena-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:04 pm

Cora fell silent as she listened to him go on and on about things she didn't understand. A scale? What did he mean by that? And the rest sounded like a shopping list of some kind. He was a peculiar soul but one that kept her attention. "I'm sorry, I do not understand. Whatever you mean sounds interesting." When he called her stranger, she couldn't help but to laugh and shake her head. "No no no." She took a step forward to close in the space between them leaving mere inches for breathing room. "No strangers here. We are friends, Señor. I always trust my friends." Such a warmth in her words could rival the sun's glow itself. She was sincere and in her own right a little odd for being able to do so with someone she had just met.

"¿Podríamos viajar juntos?" She questioned him with high hopes ringing in each foreign word. It was a slow moment before she realized perhaps he didn't understand her and she shook her head, sending her long locks flowing everywhere. "Sorry. May we travel together please? I promise no trouble. We can talk about our homelands together. Do you know any stories? I love stories." She listened closely to him speak of the lands he originated and she gasped, "¿¡Un volcán!?" She lit up with her words spilling out faster than one could blink, "What was it like? Were you dark? Was it scary? I bet it was warm! Did you like it? Did the ground shake? Does that mean you've seen lava too? What is lava like? What did you guys eat?"

However it was him that caught her tongue and silenced her questions in one instinctual motion. Her orange-red eyes immediately widened and focused on Otieno's neck of fluffy beautiful feathers the moment they flared even if they did not stay that way. The mare gasped in awe, "Plumas hermosas.." She moved in close and leaned against his neck nuzzling and giggling, "So soft and fluffy!" There was a tone of admiration in her words as her loving smile shined up at the stallion's face. "You have wonderful feathers. So pretty." Being so close to someone she had just met was a rather common ordinary thing. Her voice was like honey as she continued to rub her face against his neck amongst all the plumage. "Mmm.." She was truly enjoying the feel of his feathers against her face. "Me name es Corazón del Corona but please.." She peeked up from the sea of deep blue. "Call me Cora. May I call you Señor Oti?" It was almost amusing how she could get so physical and close to someone she just met but continue to address someone with honorary titles.

WC: 460

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Leena-chan

Accursed Cat

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out