Welcome to Gaia! ::

SAXON CITY

Back to Guilds

Gang violence. Long-term roleplay alternatives. Small threads. MalexMale. Monthly giveaways. Literate community. Interesting plots! 

Tags: slave, literate, modern, fantasy, yaoi 

Reply ▶ ARCHIVE
[x] OOC Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 97 98 99 100 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alykia

Confident Dreamer

25,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Skill Up 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:51 am
Lyrca
Alykia
Haha sick right now but I finished moving finally. Yay! I mean there is a bit of organizing left to do with some boxes but whatever.
How's you?

Super busy this week, but then my deadline is over and I can lax a bit until the next.

So looking forwards to being done with this s**t.

^_^
I know the feeling.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:59 pm
nowSERENITY

Can't listen to this song anymore without thinking of meta!Julian.

Lyrca
Captain

nowSERENITY

Crew

Distrustful Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:02 pm
Lyrca
nowSERENITY

s**t though, that's a good one. I'm just gonna go ahead and grab that, actually.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:02 pm
Lyrca
nowSERENITY

dUDE IVE SEEN THIS I LOVE THIS s**t ITS HEARTBREAKING  

LavvytheJackalope

LavvytheJackalope

Battle-ready Werewolf

nowSERENITY

Crew

Distrustful Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:12 pm
Lyrca

But also:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:21 pm
nowSERENITY

You attacked with a Fiona Apple. It was very effective!  

Lyrca
Captain

nowSERENITY

Crew

Distrustful Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:26 pm
Lyrca
nowSERENITY

You attacked with a Fiona Apple. It was very effective!

I love a whole bunch of her stuff, and more of it applies as Julian gets more and more negative and/or apathetic about s**t.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:33 pm
nowSERENITY
I love a whole bunch of her stuff, and more of it applies as Julian gets more and more negative and/or apathetic about s**t.

Me too. I used to listen to a lot of her stuff when I walked around my town at night just begging to be robbed all the time.

Ah. Brings back memories.  

Lyrca
Captain

nowSERENITY

Crew

Distrustful Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:43 pm
Lyrca
nowSERENITY

Me too. I used to listen to a lot of her stuff when I walked around my town at night just begging to be robbed all the time.

Ah. Brings back memories.

Ugh, s**t. I used to work in the dead of night and I'd be walking home at like 4-5 am through a part of town where it's like.. The area I'm in now, it's not terrible, but you could still get jacked if you were out alone, and I'm really ******** tiny. I used to carry a combination lock on a strap back then. Only ever had to swing it at anybody once, but I was glad to have it that time.

And that's my suburban area. Can't imagine how scary that s**t would be in an actual city.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:20 pm
nowSERENITY
Ugh, s**t. I used to work in the dead of night and I'd be walking home at like 4-5 am through a part of town where it's like.. The area I'm in now, it's not terrible, but you could still get jacked if you were out alone, and I'm really ******** tiny. I used to carry a combination lock on a strap back then. Only ever had to swing it at anybody once, but I was glad to have it that time.

And that's my suburban area. Can't imagine how scary that s**t would be in an actual city.

Ha. I sort of thought I was hot s**t back then. Way too over confident. Was selling drugs and that whole phase of my life. I had a little "drug dealer" persona I put on. I always carried a knife with me thinking I was invincible. So wasn't scary at all, really. I'm so happy I've been humbled. I was a piece of s**t.

I got in a few almost-dangerous situations. But I was a lunatic anyways. Like one dude was shadowing me. Whenever I stopped walking, he would stop a few yards behind me and wait for me to start moving again. He clearly wasn't going anywhere in particular. Just following me. So as I started to get to a quiet street I realized: "Oh hey. This dude might be waiting for a chance to rip me into an alley or something." So instead I turned around and stormed at him flashing my knife all: "If you wanna throw down let's get it over with now." He just ******** turned and walked the opposite direction immediately.

I'm still a sucker for confrontation. It's a problem. I love nothing more than when people are terrified of some sketchy person nearby and I get the chance to take control of the situation. But I'm so much more mellow. If I ever see something sketchy I know to ask: "Hey man. Whatcha' doing?" and wait to see if they give an acceptable/unacceptable answer before I decide on what to do.

Pro tip: Your gut feeling will ALWAYS warn you of a bad situation before it happens. I learned to never ignore it. If someone gives you the creeps for some reason, tell them and ask why they're doing what they're doing. If you're scared of looking silly and ignore it, you might walk into that quiet neighborhood where it's too late to handle the situation like a civil person. There was some guy I really respected back then who I wanted to respect me back. He was taking me for a quick drive to run an errand. I got a bad vibe about it as I was getting in the car and ignored it since I didn't want to look dumb. He ended up robbing me and kicking me out in the middle of nowhere. I dunno how I knew before it was gonna happen, but your gut can just read people so well or something.  

Lyrca
Captain

nowSERENITY

Crew

Distrustful Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:53 pm
Lyrca
nowSERENITY

Ha. I sort of thought I was hot s**t back then. Way too over confident. Was selling drugs and that whole phase of my life. I had a little "drug dealer" persona I put on. I always carried a knife with me thinking I was invincible. So wasn't scary at all, really. I'm so happy I've been humbled. I was a piece of s**t.

I got in a few almost-dangerous situations. But I was a lunatic anyways. Like one dude was shadowing me. Whenever I stopped walking, he would stop a few yards behind me and wait for me to start moving again. He clearly wasn't going anywhere in particular. Just following me. So as I started to get to a quiet street I realized: "Oh hey. This dude might be waiting for a chance to rip me into an alley or something." So instead I turned around and stormed at him flashing my knife all: "If you wanna throw down let's get it over with now." He just ******** turned and walked the opposite direction immediately.

I'm still a sucker for confrontation. It's a problem. I love nothing more than when people are terrified of some sketchy person nearby and I get the chance to take control of the situation. But I'm so much more mellow. If I ever see something sketchy I know to ask: "Hey man. Whatcha' doing?" and wait to see if they give an acceptable/unacceptable answer before I decide on what to do.

Pro tip: Your gut feeling will ALWAYS warn you of a bad situation before it happens. I learned to never ignore it. If someone gives you the creeps for some reason, tell them and ask why they're doing what they're doing. If you're scared of looking silly and ignore it, you might walk into that quiet neighborhood where it's too late to handle the situation like a civil person. There was some guy I really respected back then who I wanted to respect me back. He was taking me for a quick drive to run an errand. I got a bad vibe about it as I was getting in the car and ignored it since I didn't want to look dumb. He ended up robbing me and kicking me out in the middle of nowhere. I dunno how I knew before it was gonna happen, but your gut can just read people so well or something.

I'm an incredibly non-confrontational person in most situations - - largely because, as a kid, the times I stood up for myself were the times s**t really got bad. And the times I resorted to violence to solve a problem.. I kind of went overboard. So I learned it was better to be non-reactive because I'd either get punished for trying to stand up for myself.. Or I'd stand up for myself way too ******** much and hurt someone who didn't actually deserve it.

The problem is that with those two extremes, my instincts got really ******** up, so I eventually got to a place where I let all kinds of s**t slide because I'd look at the reaction of the people around me and if they didn't seem bothered by what was happening to me, I would assume that it wasn't a big deal.

I literally never had anybody tell me to trust my own instincts until I was like 24. So you can imagine how much ******** up stuff can happen in that amount of time.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:48 pm
nowSERENITY
I'm an incredibly non-confrontational person in most situations - - largely because, as a kid, the times I stood up for myself were the times s**t really got bad. And the times I resorted to violence to solve a problem.. I kind of went overboard. So I learned it was better to be non-reactive because I'd either get punished for trying to stand up for myself.. Or I'd stand up for myself way too ******** much and hurt someone who didn't actually deserve it.

The problem is that with those two extremes, my instincts got really ******** up, so I eventually got to a place where I let all kinds of s**t slide because I'd look at the reaction of the people around me and if they didn't seem bothered by what was happening to me, I would assume that it wasn't a big deal.

I literally never had anybody tell me to trust my own instincts until I was like 24. So you can imagine how much ******** up stuff can happen in that amount of time.

Oh, God.

I can't imagine not being able to trust my gut feeling. But after hearing the situation with your sister before I can actually see how s**t like that could really ******** with wanting to take control over things. Christ... You and Odin (er... Maybe future-Odin is a better word for it) have a lot in common. Don't let him hear I said that.  

Lyrca
Captain

nowSERENITY

Crew

Distrustful Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:53 pm
Lyrca
nowSERENITY

Oh, God.

I can't imagine not being able to trust my gut feeling. But after hearing the situation with your sister before I can actually see how s**t like that could really ******** with wanting to take control over things. Christ... You and Odin (er... Maybe future-Odin is a better word for it) have a lot in common. Don't let him hear I said that.

I mean, s**t, why do you think I try to help the guy out? > >;  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:02 pm
nowSERENITY
I mean, s**t, why do you think I try to help the guy out? > >;

Lol. Well... I'll have to wait until you know what's what for realzies. You two can have a good chat in the meta afterward.

God I wish I could fast forward to the good plots.

Which also reminds me. Next thread I was planning for it to be when Odin's head gets tampered with. But looks like Nolan ain't around. Do we wanna make an NPC psychic mage Hale's got? Or should we scrap that piece of the plot altogether?  

Lyrca
Captain

nowSERENITY

Crew

Distrustful Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:35 am
Lyrca

Julian. Bro. Stop. Stahhhhhp.

▶ ARCHIVE

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 97 98 99 100 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games