[Bless] Into the Unknown [Listen x Peep]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:26 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Listen was looking for… something. Wisdom? Inspiration? He was concerned. He was aware that he was going to be a father soon. He loved little ones, truly, but… Well, it was different when they were going to be your little ones. He was a good friend, but a quiet friend. Very direct. Good at interacting with other grown-up kin. But kids usually turned to others for entertainment and advice and… what if he wasn’t made for being a dad? What if he was meant to observe?

Hmm, he was frustrated. His mind kept wandering in circles. This shouldn’t have been plaguing him so. He could never know what being a father would really be like until he had tiny goats to react to. And they were going to grow up with him, anyway – they would surely be used to how straight-forward he was, no? He grunted, shook his head in a way that rippled down his body, and tried to take surer steps down the path he’d chosen. He was going to walk until he stopped thinking.

Ruriska
Thank you agaaaaaiiinnn~! ; w; <333

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Chattering voices eventually shattered whatever careful thinking the Zikwa was doing. Well, it was really just one voice doing the chattering and the other answering with soft agreement.

They turned the path, two Acha, one cream coloured with gently glowing eyes and the other one a bright splash of colour, talking non-stop:

“... and then I nearly fell into a hole but there was a bug and I think the bug was trying to help me because it landed on my nose and I stopped walking to say hello and that’s when I noticed the- OH HI!”

The Zikwa had been spotted.

The older and smaller Acha quieted her companion with a touch to the cheek and then smiled at the Zikwa. “There you are. I’ve been looking for you.” Peep’s head tilted slightly, eyes crinkling around the edges. “You’re worried.”

Mika_Yumi
Happy to help! 8D

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:46 pm
Listen’s ears flicked forward at the sound of others approaching. He wasn’t sure he wanted company at the moment, but it should be easy enough to clear their path and let them pass. He prepared for them by stepping to the side and hugging a tree rather closely, waiting quietly with his head aside. He would nod when they passed, but the less he engaged, the better. Zikwa were, to some, still a strange new addition to the swamp.

He didn’t anticipate that the talkative one nearing him might just try to engage him anyway. His ears flicked again at the greeting the acha tossed his way, and he nodded in the direction of the voice. He hoped that would be enough of an acknowledgment to encourage them to continue on – but their steps were slowing. He shifted a bit, uncomfortable with the thought of being distracted from his current troubles, even if a reprieve might help some others – to him, it would just postpone the process, and that was not desirable.

But then the other acha addressed him, and his ears were at attention rather than wavering. She had been looking for him? Something about her voice made him calm slightly. He turned towards the newcomers again, and this time his mostly-blind eyes caught sight of something he hadn’t expected before; two faint pinpricks of light were shining through. Those were not the usual marks of a zikwa – they seemed to fall where the eyes would. Very few that Listen had met had glowing eyes. It made him curious.

“Me?” He cleared his throat and shifted again, easing back onto the path just a little once more. “I am, yes.” He wasn’t exactly sure how she knew that – he was fairly out of the way before they passed. Was he really exuding worry that much? Recovering somewhat from his surprise, he turned his head slightly and stood a bit straighter overall. “Who are you, exactly?” He wasn’t sure exactly what to think, but he could at least try to get more information – since she seemed to already have some little information about him, even if it was generic…

Ruriska

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:57 pm
Splash looked utterly delighted, almost vibrating from the emotion. “Is this a blessing thing?” She whispered, very loudly.

Peep hummed a noncommittal sound at her daughter, her gaze focused on the Zikwa. “My name is Peep and I’m here to help.” She waited a heartbeat and then added, “you’re going to be a father.” It was, she had to admit, quite fun to play the mysterious knowing stranger, arriving in their lives to give her blessing before they parted ways.

Mika_Yumi
I'm sorry my posts are so small. My ability to focus atm ain't the best. <3

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:34 pm
Listen may not have been able to see Splash, but he could certainly feel her there, even before her oh-so-subtle whisper~. His confusion was only heightened by her excitement. Why was she so excited, anyway? He had the feeling she was an energetic thing even outside of a situation such as this one – whatever it was – but this was different. Her delight was rolling off of her in waves towards him.

Still, he tried to focus on the other there – the one who was really engaging him. Peep was an interesting name… but he could have no idea why she wanted to help him, or how she even intended to do so. Luckily, she answered that question rather quickly – and baffled Listen yet again. How did she know? He shifted uncomfortably, unsure how to respond to her observation. The little pinpricks of light that were her eyes seemed to be glowing brighter, though it was probably all in his head – his heightened awareness of her gaze, as she appeared to be more than a simple passing kin.

Finally, he decided to just ask, though he nearly stuttered over the words – unheard of for him. “H…how did you know?” Despite his discomfort and the way his tongue almost failed him, there was still strength behind his voice. He was clearly self-conscious and… mm, concerned over this newcomer. But he was trying to keep himself steady.

Ruriska
Oh nooo, don't worry, lovely! <3 Listen is just... thinking a lot. x.x'; And his blindness presented a whole slew of text in that last post. xD; Don't worry about small posts, especially when you're still saying all that needs to be said. ; w; Splash and Peep are frackin' adorable, btw~ <3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:27 pm
It was a shame the Zikwa couldn’t see Splash’s face because she was making a valiant attempt to stay quiet by clamping her mouth shut, cheeks puffed out and eyes wide. She couldn’t stop moving, shifting and bouncing on the spot, as if all the words that wanted to spill out were rattling around inside her.

Peep could sense Listen’s discomfort and that was not what she’d been intending, though she was proud for the strength he was showing, in standing firm and questioning her. He would make a good father, capable of both comforting love and a stern hoof when necessary.

“I am one of those chosen by our MotherFather,” she explained. “I am here to bless you and ease your worries. Everything will be okay.” Her voice was that of every mother caring for her young, the soft love whispered in the night, wrapping them in protection.

Mika_Yumi
<3

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:26 pm
Splash was, indeed, still distracting. The small shuffles and shifts of her hooves did not escape Listen’s notice. He wasn’t sure how to feel about her unsettled nature… but at least she was keeping her mouth shut. The dancing hooves weren’t so distracting that he felt the need to ask her to be quiet – though he wasn’t sure if her excitement was entirely appropriate.

As it was, when the doe with eyes of light explained who she was, all other noise seemed to fade anyway. A chosen of the MotherFather? He… had never met one before. He might have felt uncomfortable if her voice weren’t so soft and reassuring, almost like a soft caress. He wasn’t sure how blessings worked, exactly, or what it really meant, but he wouldn’t question her. Instead, he gave a slow nod.

“Of course it will.” His voice was soft, perhaps lacking conviction, but at least it wasn’t a question. “I know that, really… in the end…” It was the only conclusion he could come to if he wanted to be comfortable with his new role. Given enough time he would find a way to truly believe it. But there was something reassuring in the legendary’s tone, something that made the once-intimidating reality seem more like the exciting prospect it should be. Comforting, even, to have a growing family… His brows felt lighter.

“I just want to be the father they will need…” Listen had learned to be confident and sure of himself on his own, but it was another situation entirely now. And if he could express his worries to anyone… well, hopefully a chosen of the swamp was the right kin to share with.

Ruriska
<333 Such sweeties~

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:40 pm
“Of course, you do,” Peep agreed softly and then simply listened and waited, her eyes burning with their soft light and Splash beside her, eyes wide as she experienced her mother at work.

The confession of his worries was treated with gentle care and a soft, loving sigh. “You already are,” she assured. “As you are, you are enough. The love you hold for them, the worries that will keep you awake at night, the laughter you will share. You are what they need.”

She looked away from them, to glance fondly at her own daughter, still a quivering, excited mess. When her gaze landed back on the Zikwa, it was even warmer, like a physical embrace. “May they be happy and healthy, ready to experience the wonders of life.”

Mika_Yumi
not an exciting blessing but it gets the job done XD feel free to end in the next post or i'll end on my next!

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:27 pm
Were it anyone else reassuring him, he wasn’t sure he would believe them. There was something about her voice, something in the way she said it… she knew. So he believed. It didn’t alleviate all of his concerns, it didn’t entirely settle the energy in his chest, but he did feel… better. A little more sure of himself – a little. He gave a soft nod.

Then her eyes shifted again. He didn’t just ‘see’ her – the faint glow in front of him, the presence he knew was there – but he really felt her, almost an encompassing feeling. She was somehow bigger than herself for a moment. He felt her words wash over him and… stay with him, somehow.

He had to shake his head just slightly to make sure he remembered to move. He offered a light, kind smile, “Thank you.” He was a little changed. Not quite so stern as usual for the moment, even besides his new reassurance of his coming fatherhood. He settled back slightly and nodded to both does, “I shouldn’t keep you anymore with my worries. Thank you for your reassurance.” He stayed to the side so that they could continue down the path at their own leisure. Anyway, he was still debating where he would go now, as he didn’t feel the strong need to walk anymore. “Enjoy the rest of your day.”

Ruriska
It is a beautiful blessing, just what he needs. ; w; Thank you again for helping meeee~ x'3 <3

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games