Reply Alternia RP
[BATT] Frosted Windowpains (Lorata + Nucleo) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doutei

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
so many bags, need a hand or three?
Jinglehell

Doutei rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:28 pm
Dry and Wet Goods Megacomplex
9] Gain 1 large present / Lose 4 hp
From under a pile of coiled wire, you produce a hoverboard, still in it's box. They only explode sometimes, right?

"You bought this much already while waiting for me?" Nucleo's eyes widened at the sight of his companion for the evening surrounded by shopping bags. He'd been "invited" to come shopping with Lorata, which the greenblood had taken to mean he'd better show up and help carry all of her stuff. A gentleman, he couldn't leave her in need of help! But dang, he was going to need some help himself!

"I didn't think I'd need back up this early!" The barista laughed sheepishly and began creating clones. He figured she'd picked him out of all of her friends for that purpose- not that they were especially close. But Lorata Gorgos had a way of knowing who was who on Alternia. It felt like she knew everyone. He'd better behave and stay on her nice list!

"While we're all fresh with energy, let's get to it!"

HP: 16/20
Small: 0
Medium: 0
Large: 1
Huge: 0

KitsuneAura

Doutei

KitsuneAura rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:42 pm
Quote:
6] Gain 1 small present / Lose 6 hp
You've found a pair of socks. Hurrah.

"You can't wait if you want to buy all the very best presents!" Lorata explained, giving the greenblood a pleased smile as he'd arrived. Honestly, she wasn't sure she could have carried all of this without a bit of help, but she absolutely needed every bag! And more, of course, because this was just the beginning of the shopping experience. Imagine what other deals they might find inside to scoop up?

She clapped a little as he began making clones, as excited at the prospects of powered trolls as she ever had been, and then nodded enthusiastically with a little giggle of her own. It was going to be like leading her own little army through the store. "Right! Come this way first, I saw a lot of big boxes earlier that are probably hiding all sorts of treasures!"

To be helpful, she picked up one of her bags as well as she led the way. It was, of course, the lightest, containing only socks.

HP: 14/20
Small: 1
Large: 0

Doutei

Doutei rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:21 am
10] Gain 1 huge present / Lose 1 hp
Five trolls are brawling over the last Tickle Me Lusus in the store. You crawl up and grab it from between their feet.

"Oh hey that's-" Nucleo's eyes widened as he followed Lorata through the store. A white stuffed animal caught his attention and the greenblood's head jerked towards one of his clones. Their eyes met and he nodded. Go. Fly, green knight.

The clone nodded and disappeared from sight, appearing at the base of a mass of trolls clawing for the prize. Stealthily, he reached up and snatched the item before tossing it to another clone who'd taken off running to catch it. Grey fingers trembled and stretched out to barely catch the Tickle Me Lusus before the second clone started running back towards Nucleo and Lorata. Touch doooooooown!

"Perfect for Amonee. Thank you!" Nuclleo laughed and flashed his clone a grin before they all continued following the sea dweller into the chaos.

"By the way, let them know if you need any help getting anything. It's amazing what we can do with four trolls. Five, counting you."

HP: 15/20
Huge: 1

KitsuneAura

Doutei

KitsuneAura rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:35 am
Quote:
Gain 1 large present / Lose 4 hp
You've found a twelve speed microwave, with grubloaf setting and a small built in television.

Nucleo's stop caught Lorata's attention almost immediately, and she'd been about to encourage him to hurry on after her when she realized he was up to something. As she paused to watch the clones' teamwork instead, another smile lit up her face. Vaguely she remembered telling Nucleo once that he owed her something interesting, and it occurred to her now that this more than qualified. All the potential in that power of his...It definitely wasn't something she'd forget!

"Amazing's a good word it, yes," the seadweller praised with a decisive nod as they got back on the move. "Not enough people understand the power of teamwork!" She was definitely going to be putting more stress on that in her hero lessons anyway. "Like- oh my glub, look at that! That's perfect!" A microwave and a television all in one, that kind of efficiency was just perfect for someone, she didn't even know who yet, but she wanted it.

Train of thought lost, she forced her way through, grabbed the microwave's box, and after making a face at how unexpectedly heavy it was, deposited it in a Nucleo's arms. "What was I saying again?"

HP: 10/20

Doutei

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:59 am
10] Gain 1 huge present / Lose 1 hp
Five trolls are brawling over the last Tickle Me Lusus in the store. You crawl up and grab it from between their feet.

"That actually looks really handy." Nucleo blinked, impressed by Lorata's find. He now felt bad for snatching up the last Tickle Me Lusus without asking if she'd wanted one. It was a hot item this year and lots of trolls had put one on their wishlist.

"Oof!" The greenblood yelped as the heavy microwave/tv was placed in his arms. Weighed down by so many bags, the teen felt himself start to sweat a little. Lorata walked in front of him, calm, cool, and cheerful. She was everything Amonee wanted in a muse, now that he thought about it. What if he... gave her contact info to the jadeblood as a holiday present? He'd probably fall over himself at the sight of her! Nucleo couldn't remember if they'd really talked much at the party last time. His face flushed green at the memory of it.

"Wait what?" The barista paused as one of his clones returned from gog knows where carrying a second Tickle Me Lusus. Shoot, he didn't actually need that many! It was Lorata's lucky night, he supposed!

"Lorata, would you like one of these Tickle Me Lusus to give to some one? Looks like we-I grabbed too many." It always got confusing what pronoun to use in situations like this.

HP: 14/20
Huge: 2

KitsuneAura

Doutei

KitsuneAura rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:26 am
Quote:
Gain 3 small presents / Lose 1 hp
YOU FOUND THREE ENTIRE POTATOES. YESSSSSSS.

"That's wonderful!" Lorata gasped, accepting the Tickle Me Lusus and holding it up excitedly for a moment. "Thank you, Nucleo! All of you!" She made sure to extend the grateful smile to all of the clones as well before shifting her attention back to the prize. Who would be best to give this one to? Maybe Flydra? It was funny, but for a moment she thought of that old robogrub she'd had once, though she couldn't put her finger on why.

Shrugging it off, she led on towards new things. There was a container up ahead that trolls seemed to be scrambling to pick over, so she directed the group over to see what was in there. Leaning over, she found...potatoes. Was it just potatoes? The other trolls seemed very excited over the deal though, so she reached in to grab a few as well. "Here! Do you like these? They're a very land-dwellery kind of food, right?"

It was the only answer she could come to.
HP: 9/20
MegaComplex

Tuber Shack
Small: 3

Doutei

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:49 am
Helega's Tuber Shack
10] Gain 3 small presents / Lose 2 hp
You've got your hands on three little statues of anthropomorphic vegetables, breakdancing. They're as tacky as they sound.

"A-ah, thank you." Nucleo glanced at Lorata in surprise as she specifically thanked not just him but also the other clones. His face broke into a genuine smile. He hadn't expected that from her. It went to show that people really could surprise you. The clones glanced at each other and back at her with smiles as well.

"No problem Lorata!" The closest one to her grinned, taking another bag off her hands. They were eager to help out now! Another pair of hands reached to take the other bag for her. It was like a posse of back-up dancers behind her now.

"Oh! That's a potato! They're really good! Have you never had one before?" It occurred to the greenblood that as a seadweller, her diet might be different than his. Were there... sea-tatoes in the water, he wondered?

HP: 12/20
Small: 3
Huge: 2

KitsuneAura

Doutei

KitsuneAura rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:25 am
Quote:
1] Gain 3 small presents / Lose 2 hp
You select three 'humorous' vegetable-shaped tea cozies. You're not sure what the joke is, they're just shaped like a - oh.

"Cooked into things. I'm not used to seeing them like this, I guess!" They weren't terribly impressive looking, as far as foods went. Just kind of brown and dirty looking, not colorful like fish or fruits tended to be. "I never had them at all before I came on land, though. They don't grow in the ocean." She wasn't actually sure on that, but the fact she'd never had them underwater seemed like proof enough for her. Even if she'd never actually looked, since there was always plenty of fish to be had.

"Oh, tea cozies!" The seadweller held them up, considering, and looked a bit puzzled at the tag when she noticed the word 'humorous'. She didn't get it. Did Nucleo get it? Asking would be admitting that she didn't. Forcing a little laugh, she dropped them in the cart and kept going.

HP: 7/20
MegaComplex

Tuber Shack
Small: 6
Huge:0

Doutei

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:23 pm
Helega's Tuber Shack
10] Gain 3 small presents / Lose 2 hp
You've got your hands on three little statues of anthropomorphic vegetables, breakdancing. They're as tacky as they sound.

"What kinds of things grow in the ocean?" Nucleo asked curiously. That was a whole market he'd never fully considered before! Were there flavors that seadwellers would like in their coffee that he'd never heard of before? It could become a luxury item for landdwellers as well! The ones who did everything they could to emulate the seadwellers.

"Also, what're your favorite land foods?" One of the clones asked, feeling confident that it was okay for him to talk now that Lorata had spoken to them. Some trolls got unnerved by all of them sharing the same face, and well, general brain. The clones weren't telepathically linked or anything but they had the same origin point! Snagging a dancing figure to give to Caiden, the clones helped complete some of Nucleo's shopping while following their main reason for being there.

HP: 10/20
Small: 6 (tuber)
Large: 1 (megacomplex)
Huge: 2 (megacomplex)

KitsuneAura

Doutei

KitsuneAura rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:09 pm
Quote:
Gain 2 small presents / Lose 2 hp
You buy two potatoes. Jackpot.

"Oh my glub, have you ever had any kind of seaweed or kelp? If you like the green and leafy vegetables, they're even better from the ocean." Maybe that was a matter of personal preference, but she couldn't even imagine anyone preferring land vegetables to them! "A lot of what we eat is shellfish though, or just fish in general. I learned to catch them when I was still practically a wriggler!" It always seemed like such a shame that no one ever got to appreciate how good she was at spear fishing!

"Ah, which land foods?" Plucking another couple of potatoes from a stand just before another troll could take them, she considered the clone's question very seriously. Said troll's oncoming confrontation faltered and died away at the sight of her fins, and they trudged off before ever raising a fist to her. Oblivious, she hummed. "There are a lot more sweet foods on land," she decided after a moment. "You all make very good desserts."

She was still nodding even as she moved on to the next shelf. "It was worth coming on land for chocolate!"

HP: 5/20
MegaComplex

Tuber Shack

Small: 8

Doutei

Doutei rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:03 pm
Helega's Tuber Shack
8] Gain 3 small presents / Lose 1 hp
YOU FOUND THREE ENTIRE POTATOES. YESSSSSSS.

"I'll have to try it." Nucleo looked thoughtful. Amonee had tried to get him into one of those sushi restaurants last time they'd been in Civisect but he'd dismissed it because they'd been in a hurry. And then after the space ladder incident the greenblood hadn't been in any rush to go back there. He knew he needed to work on his guilt and get over things, it was just taking a little bit of time. But with this new task to try, maybe he'd feel more encouraged to do it faster.

"Yes it was!" One of the clones exclaimed at Lorata's mention of chocolate.

"Also, peanut butter-"

"Mint-"

"You guys, slow do-"

"And coffee!" The clones and Nucleo battled for control of the conversation, and Lorata's attention!

HP: 9/20
Small: 9 (tuber)

KitsuneAura

Doutei

KitsuneAura rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:22 pm
Quote:
Gain 2 small presents / Lose 2 hp
Here are two shot glasses, to drink root-vegetable based drinks out of. They have miniature tubers painted on them.

Lorata turned to look back at them, blinking and already beginning to look a little overwhelmed as the three clones all vied for her attention at once. "Ah, yes, those are all-!" She'd still been stepping backwards, expecting the way to clear itself for her, but sometroll hadn't gotten the memo that he was in her way. What followed was a chain reaction of chaos that could only happen during this shopping time of the sweep on Alternia.

First, she bumped into the troll. The troll then bumped into a nearby shelf. The shelf, which had been and partly was still being ransacked, was becoming a bit off-balance. It wobbled dangerously, threatening to fall away from them. Trolls caught on the other side valiantly tried to shove it back into place before it fell on them. They over-corrected. Lorata's first warning of impending doom came when a set of shot glasses slid off their precarious perch and dropped in front of the group.

She caught the glasses on reflex before they could crash to the ground and turned wide eyes up at the falling shelf. "Nucleo!

HP: 4/20 (handing one damage off to Nucleo!)
MegaComplex

Tuber Shack
Small: 10

Doutei

Doutei rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:28 pm
Helega's Tuber Shack
4] Gain 3 small presents / Lose 1 hp
You find three spud-shaped erasers, sitting at the bottom of a bin.

"Lorata!" Nucleo's eyes widened as suddenly the shelving unit behind her started to tip. Springing into action, the greenblood leaped towards her and grabbed the shelf to try and steady or at least catch it so it wouldn't hurt her. Unfortunately, this occurred around the same time the trolls on the other side tried to push it. Teeter tottering, the shelf slide back and forth and all of the merchandise on it came raining down. Fortunately for them, most of it was small and non-lethal. That didn't make it any less of a pain, however.

"Yow!" The clones yelped as hundreds of bouncy potato erasers and balls rained down and bounced around the aisle. Crowding around the seadweller to protect her from the balls of terror, the greenbloods endured the painful opposite of dodgeball and hoped she would be okay.

"Are you all okay?" Nucleo glanced over once the shelf was fixed. His clones looked a bit frazzled but was Lorata unharmed at least?

HP: 7/20 (the extra -1 is from Lorata's last post)
Small: 12 (tuber)

KitsuneAura

Doutei

KitsuneAura rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:31 am
Quote:
2] Gain 1 medium present / Lose 3 hp
You find an unlabeled box with a picture of a dancing root vegetable on it. The vegetable looks happy, so you figure it's a good sign.

Lorata looked more than a little frazzled herself, but she clearly had avoided the worst of the onslaught thanks to Nuclei's quick actions. Straightening, she made a face at the last item that had managed to bounce its way over their heads, some strange dancing vegetable box, and dropped it onto a cart with a little hmph. After making sure all of the greenblood seemed mostly alright with a quick glance, she checked on her bags. It was alright if they'd lost a potato or two, but if anything was broken...!

"That was very heroic," she praised, patting the nearest clone gratefully. "But I can't believe they didn't have the shelves reinforced for this." It didn't seem to occur to her how unlikely the event really was. Standing tall, she pivoted on a heel to face the front of the shop and declared for everyone around to hear, "I'm going to have words with the manager! And then, a woman on mission, she marched off looking ready to wage a war.

HP: 3/20 (handing 2 damage off to Nucleo!)
MegaComplex

Tuber Shack
Small: 10
Medium: 1

Doutei

Alternia RP