Submit

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Part of: Jingle Hell
Over the fields we go
Crying all the way

purplerosesbeauty rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:17 pm
Poe wanted to go shopping. He wanted to go really badly. And, he wanted to go with one of his friends! So he took his favorite nervous orangeblood in the swamp, and brought her along! He had a lot of friends to buy presents for, and just enough beetles to make it happen, and he didn't even have to worry about disguises because his criminal record had been purged.

First stop, the military surplus outlet. He held his hand out for Wander to hold (the other firmly planted on the shopping cart), and glanced at the looming store above them, with its crowds of trolls all rushing to buy something. It almost made him dizzy, but he had to be strong, because that's what cool older trolls did. "Are you okay? We can go slow if you get scared. But we both have our lusii, so we should be okay even if it gets really rowdy in there..." Lanata bleated a soft affirmation, more for Poe than Wander, but she stood close by, ready to shield them from the crowd of shoppers.

HP: 35/40
Gifts collected:
Military Surplus Outlet: 1 large

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Gl!tch~ rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:26 pm
HP: 37/40
Gifts collected:
Military Surplus Outlet- 3 small presents

Usually when someone went out of their way to ask Wander along to things, she said yes. While a part of her was generally terrified of plans still, she couldn't pass up opportunities that came her way. They were rare enough as-is. And when Poeias asked her to go with him somewhere, she had to go. Had to-had to. He was super nice, and she worried for him on top of it. He had his lusus, but still. He was...too pure. So even as they braved the crowds for this shopping adventure and Wander started to regret every life decision she ever made leading up to this, she tried to keep moving.

"I-I don't know b-but I'll t-t-try." They had gotten so far already! She couldn't be the reason they backed out now. Poe was right, though. His nice, soft lusus was there, and Abby was draped on her shoulders as per usual. The little bunny-lemur was pretty hyped to check out this popping scene. Wander, meanwhile, immediately clung to the older troll the best she could without making it tough for him to move. "I-I just don't want to get separated..."

But she would need a free hand to grab things, wouldn't she? Well that was a problem. She loosened her grip enough to hold onto the one provided hand, so then she could at least get some stuff for the trolls who had noticed her and didn't appear to think she was a sad little git.

purplerosesbeauty

purplerosesbeauty rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:08 pm

"Maybe you can hold onto the cart, when you can't hold my hand! Or get in it, but then, I would be worried about you not being able to get anything you wanted, on account of not being able to move around in a cart" he said, hefting a foot onto the bottom of the cart, resting against the handles as he tried to think. He didn't want to be responsible for losing track of Wander just because his sightstubs were sort of obscured horribly by his horns. Hornibly... He rested his head on the handles, and saw something on the shelf he had to have before someone else grabbed it. Books! Lots of trolls in the swamp liked books, but especially Vremea whenever she came around. She would love that!

"Hang on, can you help me grab this book set?" He reached his free hand toward it, pulling it down from the shelf with a soft grunt. "We'll have to book it to the next thing to buy!" he said, laughing. How perfect will these books be, he thought, not checking the titles at all.

HP: 31/40
Gifts collected:
Military Surplus Outlet: 1 large, 1 medium

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Gl!tch~ rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:03 pm
HP: 33/40
Gifts collected:
Military Surplus Outlet- 3 small presents, 1 medium present

"Y-yeah..." It was a complicated problem, without an obvious answer. But at least the inside of the cart might be safer than anything else. "Hmmm..." As Wander considered it, Abby sat up to lean her upper weight on Wander's head.

Are you really gonna sit in there instead of having an adventure? Aw, come on! Her tone was friendly, but Wander clenched her fists at her sides all the same. The orangeblood was a spoil-sport, how could Poe want to be in public with her if she didn't even have the nerve to walk around a store?

Poeias cut into her thoughts all of a sudden. "A-ah? Oh! S-sure." Wander let go of Poe's hand to help with the books. As they went into the cart, she glanced at the title. Even though her lips twitched into a smile at his joke, she was perplexed. "W-who are you getting a book o-on eating u-underwater for?"

Not even one book- a whole set! Maybe a gag gift? Wander imagined giving something like that to Odette or Vremea, and honestly the reaction could be pretty priceless... If they had, say, fifteen other genuine gifts to make up for it.

purplerosesbeautyxx

purplerosesbeauty rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:37 pm

Poe glanced back at the book set. How to Eat Underwater... Oh. It did say something weird, didn't it? He rubbed the back of his neck and smiled. "Oh! I didn't even sea that, aha, and that's using sea, as in the ocean, because it's about eating underwater, and because I also did not see that. Um, wow, though... it just looked kind of fancy, but I did think maybe Vrem would like it, since she likes books and the library we got isn't super populated. But... there's probably still use for it! We can use it to prop up wobbly tables if there's nothing useful inside the book words, maybe," he said with an upbeat grin, pushing the cart along.

He got a much smaller thing off the shelf this time, without the need to ask Wander to help him grab that. He turned it over in his metal hand carefully, making sure to check it was actually useful. Some sort of... multitool? He thought of Mahmud, and put it in the cart. And a few more, for prosperity. He kind of wanted one for himself too! He'd have to remember to grab some of his tools from his hive when he finally got around to visiting it. "Do you have anyone you're hoping to get an extra special gift for or anything?" Poeias asked, thinking of all his friends he was hoping to get things for.

HP: 28/40
Gifts collected:
Military Surplus Outlet: 1 large, 1 medium, 3 small

Gl!tch~

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Gl!tch~ rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:18 pm
HP: 29/40
Gifts collected:
Military Surplus Outlet- 3 small presents, 1 medium present, 1 medium present

"I...sea. Oh! O-oh! I did it too!" Wander was so excited to pun back, she even smiled to reveal her gap teeth, but also went up a couple octaves. Getting so loud, though, made her then clap her hands over her mouth. "S-sorry..." That was a bit overzealous, and she knew it. It was hard to keep a good attitue like Poe could. She was part envious, part relieved, that he came up with other uses for the books if Vremea didn't like it. "I-I was thinking about her s-see...seaing...it too. U-uh, m-maybe s-she would f-find it funny?"

Or might just get mad if it reminded her of seadwellers. "Or maybe not..." Wander whispered at that.

Dejected, she decided to paw about for something else. Anything else. "Oh. U-uh. Th-there are some trolls... C-cynril, Son...Sonnie...umm." The next word had to be very quiet. "Odette..." She was popular out here, and it might seem silly that a child was trying to get something for a star like that.

"A-and I m-met someone nice f-from Busthind I'd like t-to get something f-for... A-and you and N-ninfia! B-but y-you gotta p-pretend you don't know..."

At the back of one of the dank shelves, she managed to pull out a game grub. "O-oh... I-I think I found something for C-C-Cyn..." It was cards, kind of like magic tricks, and he could play it by himself when he was off on his own! That would be nice.

purplerosesbeauty

purplerosesbeauty rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:42 pm

Poe grinned wide at Wander using his joke. She liked it! Good! He needed to think of more good ones that would get her to smile again, because that was the best when his friends liked his jokes. "Oh that's a very good list, wow! I didn't actually think of the trolls I wanted to get things for, in terms of a very solid list yet," he mused, tapping the handle of the shopping cart. A satisfying clink of metal on metal.

"But I think most of my list is probably similar to yours, actually, because of us knowing a lot of the same trolls, minus your Busthind friend and plus my Chittentown friend!" Oh, also she mentioned him. "And not me, because that would be silly, and instead one for you!" He put his hands over his horns like he was covering his eyes and stuck out his tongue. "I'm very good at not looking at things so they can be a secret, and so I will pretend like I don't know about you getting me a gift so I am appropriately surprised on twelfth perigee's eve, okay?"

He put his hands down and went to retrieve something else, pulling a big box down from the shelf somehow. There was so many useful things here! Portable recuperacoons would be great, though it didn't make a very fun gift. He'd have to make sure they stopped somewhere else to get other gifts, that were less practical but more enjoyable to the sort of troll who liked that instead, like Ninfia. They liked shiny pretty things, that made loud noises. "Maybe we can try another place, after this?"

HP: 23/40
Gifts collected:
Military Surplus Outlet: 2 large, 1 medium, 3 small

Gl!tch~
poe has the most rambly way of talking when hes having fun jesus

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Gl!tch~ rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:06 pm
HP: 24/40
Gifts collected:
Military Surplus Outlet- 3 small presents, 1 medium present, 1 medium present, 1 lorj present

That was a lot of words and a little bit of pointing out the obvious, and Wander felt a little...bad? She wasn't sure if it was supposed to be okay that she gave away stuff, and his horn-blindness and all; Poe was light-hearted, but she still worried. "O-okay..."

Left just kind of twiddling her thumbs, Wander defaulted to following Poe's lead and also grabbing a recuperacoon. She just needed to do something with herself, without putting any thought to it. Fortunately both boxes fit in the cart.

"O-oh?" Wander blinked. Poe had spoken up again. It cut through the static in her thinkpan and brought her back to the present. "Uhhh...s-sure." There wasn't much for her to look for at the military store anyway. Not without looking suspicious, maybe.

She looked out the sliding doors as they passed, scanning for other stores in the beyond. "O-oh." One across the way had glitter and....clown things....but also glitter! Pizzazz that reminded her of their trip. "P-P-Poebro! C-Can we go to th-the Giggle's Mirthland...?"

purplerosesbeauty

purplerosesbeauty rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:40 pm

"Wow, yeah, sure! That's fine with me! We can go wherever you want to," Poe said, barely hiding his excitement at being called Poebro, flapping his hands a little. He loved nicknames, and things that rhymed, and especially things that affirmed his friendships with other trolls. Anyway, the juggalo store probably had things that were loud and bright and would please several of his friends! If not, he could figure out how to make it do that thing that he wanted, in regards to pleasing his friends.

They finished purchasing their items from the military outlet, and made their way to the other store. There was a lot of religious stuff here too, but it was all appropriately whimsical. And a little bit more crowded than the military outlet... Lanata was still pushing away the majority of trolls, but he got a bit uncomfortably close to some trolls while shopping. He leaned over to Wander with a grin, having the perfect joke. "Hey, did you hear about the circus fire? It was intents!"

He laughed at his own joke, pushing their cart through the aisles of the store when he noticed... coats! They were probably too big, and were definitely made for clowns or something but he desperately wanted them and bought three of them, throwing them all into the cart without a second thought. He'd figure out what to do with them all later!

HP: 18/40
Gifts collected:
Giggle's Mirthland: 3 medium

Gl!tch~
sorry this is a lil sparse

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Gl!tch~ rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:34 pm
HP: 19/40
Gifts collected:
Military Surplus Outlet- 3 small presents, 1 medium present, 1 medium present, 1 lorj present
Giggle's Mirthland- 2 lorj presents

It was nice to hear that they could go where she wanted, though hopefully Poe wouldn't regret that. Cult stuff was scary, at least in the sense that they were violent and unpredictable, but otherwise the clown stuff was rather charming. Crowds, not so much. She contemplated hopping in the cart as Poe leaned over.

She blinked at the comment, slowly realizing it was a joke, then giggled with a small snort at the end. After a good long moment, hoping the moment wasn't lost while Poeias grabbed some coats, she replied, "D-do you think they told a-anyone s-straggling t-to...to stop c-c-clowning around?"

On the wall nearby, she found some paintings. Decorations never hurt, and some of her friends might appreciate the sadness. Into the cart they went! Abby gave one a little poke, tracing the mouth lines.

purplerosesbeauty
It happens :3a

purplerosesbeauty rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:14 pm

Poe snorted at Wander's joke, covering his mouth. She was so funny! "Aha! That's really good, I hope they do, because that would be really funny actually," he said. He wished he had more time to prepare jokes but thinking on his feet was fun too. "I had a cultist hold a door open for me once... it was a nice jester!" Clown jokes were really easy, and very funny. He wasn't sure what the actual juggalos thought about the jokes, but they liked mirth and whimsy right? What was more mirthful and whimsical than puns! They probably would like it.

He reached for another thing, large and brightly colored. A tent! Just like his earlier joke. He wasn't quite sure what a clown tent in particular would be good for, but maybe Maneki's treehouse could use it for inside-forting or something... the fabric was waterproof, which might be good if they deconstructed it. "Ah, look at this tent! Pretty neat, huh?"

HP: 14/40
Gifts collected:
Giggle's Mirthland: 1 large, 3 medium

Gl!tch~

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Gl!tch~ rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:40 pm
HP: 12/40
Gifts collected:
Giggle's Mirthland- 2 lorj presents, 4 medium presents

"Ah. Ahhhh! I get it!" For half a second she was going to ask half-mortified about the supposed juggalo. Instead, Wander got to smile again. She patted the side of the cart while trying to think of another pun. It was fun! And nice! She liked pleasing people. Her eye caught some....interesting jugs, though. Wander couldn't help but stare. "U-uh..."

Abby, as if on cue, loped over and grabbed them, one by one, to put in the cart. Wander wasn't in a position to stop her.

Getting to look at a tent gave her great relief. "O-oh! Yes, it's....intents..." Well, that was a repeat of something Poe already did, but she was trying.

purperosesbeauty

purplerosesbeauty rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:26 pm

"Haha! Intents, because, it's a tent too, and brightly colored, that's great,"
he said. Poe reached behind the.... artistic jugs Wander's lusus was putting in the cart, and pulled down one of the unicycles. Somehow, he felt like Sonnie would really like this, and the thought of the other greenblood child on a unicycle, being greeted cheerfully by the others in the swamp, filled him with glee. It's that boy! Oh man, what's up? or, something like that. It might be hard to use in the swamp, but Sonnie would surely like it! "Hey Wander, what's the difference between a sharply dressed troll on a unicycle and a dully dressed troll on a bicycle? A tire! Get it, because, a unicycle only has one tire and also attire as in the way a troll is dressed," he clarified. That was a good joke too.

He went to look at another shelf, when he walked into another troll and got pushed aside rather abruptly. It startled him a little. There really was a bit more trolls in the crowds here, and he wasn't super great at keeping an eye out. He rubbed his arm and scuttled back to the cart, where his lusus could push away more trolls, gently. "Ah, wow, there sure is a lot of trolls here still, doing shopping also, aren't there?"

HP: 11/40
Gifts collected:
Giggle's Mirthland: 2 large, 3 medium

Gl!tch~

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Gl!tch~ rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:39 pm
HP: 7/40
Gifts collected:
Giggle's Mirthland- 2 lorj presents, 4 medium presents, 3 medium presents

"Ahh, i-if you say so..." But now she wasn't sure. It was a pretty cheap shot, wasn't it? Poe piped up again, though, catching her attention once more. "Oh. Oh! Haha! Hee....y-yes, I get it. B-but what if th-they're wearing-"

Her words caught in her throat as she watched her friend get shoved. "Poe!" Alarmed, she took a step forward, and only that much, because he returned to the cart shortly after getting bumped. He commented on all the trolls, but not on getting hurt. That worried her more, for some reason. "A-are you okay? That wasn't very nice of them..."

But there wasn't anything she could do, was there? Not in the Outside, where she shouldn't draw attention to them. Or being such a warmblooded troll. That upset her more. Wander started snapping her fingers, sparking a little at the tips. "U-um..." She looked around.

"O-oh! Here!" She pulled down a coat, and draped it over Poe's shoulders. It was huge on him, with a plastic flower. "P-Poeias Clowny..."

purplerosesbeauty

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces