Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Alternia RP
[BATT] Xtreme Adventures in Xtreme Shopping [Mera + Sascha] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Part of: Jingle Hell
We're gonna need a bigger cart

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:39 pm
Enough time had passed since the space ladder to reach out to acquaintances from the Chittentown side, at least, and assume they were as past the affair as she was. Plus, to catch up and not spend most of the time talking about it. Or at all, outside of the select few who knew everything. And most of trolls who had anything to do with the race at all were either MIA (Koko), traumatized (Nucleo and Amonee, bless them), or best avoided (Chiara and Eridia). Mera was left otherwise with a lot of cheerful options within and without the event, but the season itself was trying too hard to pull that feeling off. No, she'd need something a bit more grounded.

And something able to help her with carrying a lot of purchases. Willing, too, hopefully.

So the correspondence she sent out was as such: a pleasant greeting, a sincere wish to meet up, then a proposition to jump into the shopping fray and lend a hand where necessary. And, as a humorous aside, a promise to not comment on any department store's choice of quality.

Her meeting spot of choice would be a cafe near the mini-mall; a quick respite before taking a breath and plunging. They could set a game plan, compromise if need be (Sascha seemed like a military store kind of person, and she was prepared for that despite her own complete lack of interest), and have fruitful discussion in the meantime.

Also: peppermint cocoa. Who couldn't say no to that?

Mera, over-punctual today, was seated and waiting. She was working on some quick sudoku so she wouldn't start working on a detailed list for everyone she wanted to get things for, or else she might end up paying more attention to that than her expected company.

seekingCylem

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:32 pm
Sascha showed up looking considerably more put-together than the last time he and Hemera had met. Granted, the bar had not been set high. He was wearing a familiar jacket, and considerably fewer bandages. Gauze could still be seen peeking from the collar and pushed-up sleeves of his turtleneck. Hair that just barely skirted the line of avant-garde and "scissor accident" fell in the approximate shape of an a-line bob. Thick, roping scars warped the base of Sascha's skull beneath his horns. Almost in response to the attention, Sascha straightened his jacket, popping its collar. He spotted Hemera across the plaza and slowly loped his way over.

"Yo," He waved, seemingly oblivious to the dozens of people he was shoving past in his beeline to Hemera's table.

Sascha wasn't much for gift-giving, but he loved a good deal and was nearly basking in the contentious holiday atmosphere. He came to win. Also he was invited. While he considered Hemera a friend by his own definition of the word, he couldn't help but be slightly surprised by the seemingly sudden extension of company. He supposed if there were ever a night to not look a gift hoofbeast in the mouth, this was the night.

"You look like someone with a plan," he commented dryly, but not without the slightest smile.

Gl!tch~

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:03 pm
Hemera looked up at first call. She noted his casually aggressive behavior as Sascha came over her way. Rude. Boorish. Excellent for the night ahead. She chose well. Mera closed her sudoku book before sitting up. Back straight, healed enough for that after the many burns from the space ladder's defense system. Time and ice worked wonders.

"And you look like someone with fine taste. I'll have to ask where you got that jacket later," she shot back, face deadpan but tone light-hearted. "How have you been?" He looked well, if she were to judge. Not as many bandages, somewhat ironic since the space race would be thought to undo some of the progress. Perhaps not. For the first time she got to see his hair, and she could only wonder how he looked before whatever accident mummified him...

"Do sit down. Feel free to order something while we're here. Their croissants are a specialty," she gestured to the chair across from her. Mera opened the sudoku book again, flipping to the blank back of the front cover. She allowed a quiet pause as she drew in a box and then some dots around it. Each dot got a store name. With her pencil, she then pointed to parts of the map. "This is the shopping center, and these are all the shopping options. "Gardening, military, mirth, and the megacomplex. Do you have any preferences?"

She had nothing against idle chit chat, but having a clear plan from the get-go would take a lot of her mind.

seekingCylem

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:24 pm
"Good, good," Sascha said with the curt intonation of someone who hated waiting, but loved talking about himself. "Irons in the fire--just how I like it." He smirked with no small amount of pride.

"I'll just get something in a to-go cup. Shelves aren't gonna get any fuller if we waste any extra time hanging around here." Sascha jabbed a thumb over his shoulder to the cafe's counter. Rather than sit, he circled around Hemera's chair to look over the diagram she was drawing.

"Doubt we've got time to hit all of them--at least not before stock starts dwindling, and if the big sales are over then what's even the point. I'm all about the Military Outlet, but the Megacomplex is probably more likely to have some ludicrous buy-one-get-one thing going on. Not to mention I could always go for one or two metric ******** of trailmix."

Sascha traced his thought process jumping between stores with his fingertip from over Hemera's shoulder.

"I won't judge if you're some kind of hardcore potatophile, but I doubt you'd have invited me of all people if you were seriously planning on hitting up the tuber emporium."

Gl!tch~
I'm personally game for anything.

Gl!tch~ rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:33 pm
HP: 14/20
Gifts collected:
Megacomplex- 1 small present

"As much as I love preparing salads, most find it a bore compared to everything else out there," Mera admitted. "But, if you want ******** of trailmix versus only hecktons at these other places, I suppose we should start at the megacomplex first."

So they had a plan, or a start of one. Mirthland hadn't come up, so it likely wouldn't be hit. Military and complex, then. She wouldn't be surprised if it would be a fight to get in the door, but Mera supposed she was prepared.

"All right, let's get going then." Sascha seemed intent on heading out, so she wouldn't hold him back. She allowed enough time for him to get something, of course, then she was off.

Arriving at the complex, Mera had to adjust her glasses. The advertisements were right. It was absolutely gigantic. Perhaps even the space ladder paled in comparison.

"Where all your dreams come true," she read off the tagline. "Well, if I can't find literally everything here, I'm sending a letter of complaint." With that, she fought the crowds while also making sure she wouldn't lose her compatriot.

Past the check out lanes, they were immediately upon the clearance bins. Against her better interests, Mera paused to check quick. She pulled out a mug, and only because it reminded her of someone. Furore sure wasn't going to get anything from militarytown, so he'd have to appreciate this. "Tacky, but cheap. Hopefully they have something amazing closer to the back. Have you been here before?" she asked of Sascha.

seekingCylem

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
seekingCylem rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:18 pm
HP: 14/20
At Dry and Wet Goods Megacomplex
Small Presents: 1
Medium Presents: 0
Large Presents: 0
Huge Presents: 0

With a thumbs-up to Hemera and an order of an enormous, sugary coffee to the barista, the trolls were off on their expedition. Even above the din of a thousand shopping trolls, Sascha could be heard whistling the Megacomplex's incessantly catchy theme jingle. He only paused upon noticing he'd nearly wandered off without Hemera, then was further distracted by the presence of clearance items. A lot of them.

He tumbled one of the mugs around in his hands. "Goatest," he read without inflection. Was this some kind of in-joke with trolls of ungulate lusii? He supposed his lusus was relatively goat-like for an insect. She had a distinct love of garbage and could climb up walls. According to the bin he'd found it in, the mug was practically a negative amount of beetles, so Sascha dumped it in the cart. The singular item looked rather silly in a shopping cart that looked capable of off-roading construction equipment. Sascha hoped to remedy that by buying a s**t-ton more stuff.

"Can't say that I have," Sascha replied, "Think my lusus probably knew better than to allow me in one of these places before growing proper impulse control." Sascha shot Hemera a brief look that dared her to comment on that assertion. "My jam is more the open-air markets around Chittentown anyway. Fresh fruit is damn expensive, but holy hell is it worth it."

Sascha maneuvered the cart like a snow-plow through the throngs of people. "These kinda warehouse stores gotta be a lifesaver for you guys that live all the way up on Busthind, though, yeah? Or do you just hunt your own elk or whatever? You got one of those walk-in freezers? Room just for cans of beans?"

Sascha acquires 1 small present!

Gl!tch~

Gl!tch~ rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:28 pm
HP: 13/20
Gifts collected:
Megacomplex- 1 small present, 1 huge present

"I see. Well, the atmosphere is pretty nice in Chittentown overall," she said, leaving out the continued thought of 'when lowerbloods aren't looking at me funny'. "If the shopping atmosphere is anything like a Four Fronds flea market, it must be lovely." And similarly expensive, as he commented.

But then the conversation turned to her. "Ah. Well. I don't eat meat, so no hunting for me. Canned food is certainly a must, though also when the weather is good we can have groceries delivered. There's the small town nearby, but it is pretty...scarce. I'm sure if my fellow locals looked into it, we could probably set up a good rations store."

She tapped her chin, and smiled a little. "Hopefully that doesn't ruin your bean closet mental image. I'm sure at least one troll up there relies on them; I can't speak for everyone, after all."

Mera continued on, soon stopping at some racks with clothes. All awful, awful hammer pants, and lord did she try to find something salvageable among them. She tried not to comment, but her face said it all. She squeezed past to the next crate, and gasped.

No clothes in here. Just a whole. Entire. Motorbike. "Oh my..." she muttered, awestruck.

seekingCylem

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
seekingCylem rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:25 pm
HP: 8/20
Small Presents: 2
Large Presents: 0

Sascha pursed his lips. Four Fronds made anything sound hoity-toity, but "flea market" was probably the least attractive name for a shopping experience available. He wasn't sure what the combination would entail.

"Ah. You're missing out. Beefgrub patties grilled outside on a nice night are the bomb. With melon slices and a starch-based salad? Sign me the ******** up." Sascha shrugged, not actually caring one way or another whether Hemera ate meat. It was hardly uncommon for trolls to adopt their lusii's diets. Not to mention there was an understandable hesitation when it came to trolls eating foods that looked like or were the same species as their parent. Sascha realized he didn't know what animal raised Hemera, but also that he didn't particularly care.

At least, not more than he cared about the sweet deal on socks he'd found. A troll could never have too many socks--especially in the absolute heap Sascha lived in. He hadn't been able to salvage two identical socks in at least a season. He quickly loaded up the cart while Hemera dug around behind the racks of pants.

When she didn't immediately return, Sascha found himself oddly concerned. It wasn't unheard of for trolls to sabotage each other at shopping centers under the sweet siren call of great deals. Hopefully Hemera hadn't fallen into a tiger pit concealed with palettes of TV monitors.

Sascha shoved the cart aside and bushwhacked his way through the hammer pants, only to find Hemera with an honest-to-god motorbike. "No ********' way..." He muttered, eyes glued to the bright red price tag that honestly had to be missing at least a couple of zeroes.

Sascha acquires 1 small present!

Gl!tch~

Gl!tch~ rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:37 pm
HP: 12/20
Gifts collected:
Megacomplex- 1 small present, 2 huge presents

"Ah ha, well." Hemera felt kind of sheepish. An unexpected prize, for sure, and the attention was unexpected. "I guess we got here in time for the best deals. Do you think you can help me get this into the cart?" Bikes were big. Heavy. Ones with engines? Even heavier. Considering his reaction, she consdered giving it to him later, or trying to find one for him. Something like this might be useful in the mountains... She would have to weigh the decision later.

On top of that, some trolls seemed to be fighting. The issue? A toy, but not just any toy. The little robot hit of the season, and everyone was too busy throwing punches than to be smart and just nab it. So, while no one was looking, she showed them up by grabbing it quick and adding it to the haul.

Not her proudest moment, technically, even though she avoided confrontation with five whole trolls. "A-anyway, what have you found so far?"

seekingCylem
Lemme know if you wanna move on at all before Sascha keels over :'D

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
seekingCylem rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:18 pm
HP: 4/20
Large Presents: 1

Sascha continued to balk. "Yeah. Sure. No problem."

Hemera seemed to become distracted with a scuffle going on not far from them. It was any wonder the bike hadn't attracted more attention. Sascha would realize much later that the reason was likely a just as huge or bigger item was just around the corner. It was difficult for him to comprehend anything more exciting than a practically-free motorcycle.

The insane stabilizers and heavy-duty tires on the cart made sense to Sascha as he loaded the motorcycle into it. It wasn't a chopper by any means, but it sure had more of a kick to it than your average two-wheeled device. Sascha managed to haul it up and over with muscle alone, only utilizing telekinesis to keep the cart from rolling away as he wrestled the other products into a more space-efficient configuration.

Hemera returned with a surprisingly quaint, fuzzy little robot. Sascha almost didn't register what she'd said. There was something about the toy. It was just so... cute...

Sascha blinked heavily and shook his head. What had he been doing? Oh yeah. Hemera had just scored a motorbike and the perturbingly hot toy of the season, and Sascha had so far acquired... socks. There was a mug too, but it was no doubt lost beneath the socks and an entire motorbike. Feeling left-out, Sascha made a quick visual sweep of his surroundings.

"Oh, plenty. Getting all the basics--gonna be set until the next dim season. Like for example... This microwave!" Sascha slapped his hand down on a pile of boxes. He did a slight double-take when he realized what a good score it actually was. His old microwave had been on the fritz ever since he microwaved a roll of tin foil. Once on accident, and once because it looked cool. Sascha loaded it up into the cart.

Sascha acquires 1 large present!

Gl!tch~
I'm down for whatever. We can swap stores if you want.

Gl!tch~ rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:20 pm
HP: 8/20
Gifts collected:
Military Surplus- 3 small presents

"It has a television in it. Huh. Technology is amazing," she commented. But Mera was pleased that Sascha was successful. Even if some of his selections were...interesting. But then she had a toy she didn't know what to do with. Touche. But the cart was pretty filled, and the competition was getting heated. Mera was willing to quit while they were ahead. They had been pretty lucky so far.

"I think I'm pretty much done here. Do you want to check out the military store while there's still anything left?"

Hemera said this clearly not realizing she would acquire dog tags, of all things, as soon as she entered the store.

seekingCylem

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
seekingCylem rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:21 pm
HP: 0/20
At Military Surplus Outlet
Medium Presents: 1
Large Presents: 1

"Sure, sure. We can yuk it up at all the weird s**t that gets left behind at the tail ends of these kinds of events."

While Sascha knew the crowds were going to be intense, he somehow hadn't factored in the funneling of all those people into the check-out kiosks. He left the building feeling like he'd just emerged from his wiggler trials. He'd lived an entire lifespan in that queue. He looked slightly haunted. The life of a retail drone was bleak.

Sascha entered the Military Surplus Outlet with slightly more trepidation than he would have earlier in the night. He'd decided going in that if the lines looked like another parking lot, he wasn't going to bother. Unfortunately, he underestimated his own weakness for impulse buys.

Sascha grimaced, looking down at his most recent score. He knew the line was going to suck, but he also knew he wasn't about to put the game back. "You can go on ahead. I'm gonna go get in line so I can reach the register sometime before next 12th Perigee's."

Sascha acquires 1 medium present!

Gl!tch~

Gl!tch~ rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:42 am
HP: 5/20
Gifts collected:
Military Surplus- 3 small presents, 3 small presents

Mera found herself a little surprised at how quickly Sascha bowed out. Not as much stamina as she expected, she supposed. Now she was on her own in a place she wasn't particularly inclined to check out. The funds were used for "good", at least to some degree. She wasn't keen on the violence aspect of the military, but they were efficient enough defense. She had already picked up dog tags, but what else could she get here?

What would Sascha like, actually? Now that they were separated she could certainly look...

Mera came upon some grenades. Well, maybe.

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Gl!tch~ rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:44 am
HP: 2/20
Gifts collected:
Military Surplus- 3 small presents, 3 small presents, 3 small presents

Tough people liked tough things. Sascha was one of them. And Leeroi...? No. Absolutely not. That boy couldn't touch something like this. He wasn't responsible enough, by any means. But maybe he could prove her wrong...? He was handy in a fight, though impulsive.

Mera hesitated. Well, either she could give him these, get a refund later, or find out Sascha's wiggling day and hand them over. She couldn't go wrong, really. Maybe. Perhaps it was best not to think about it.

Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff