[PRP] Om Oh (Lotus / Wave Watcher)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:41 pm
It was a brisk late afternoon near the lagoon beach. The sun was still up, but it was getting close to sunset; within the hour the sun would be replaced by dark starry skies.

Lotus Eater thought the environment of a cool sea lapping up against the sand was the perfect backdrop for unwinding from the day. The waves made for a natural white noise to simply zone out to, letting her mind unravel.

The butter coloured bab pulled out a blanket from her saddle bag, setting it up on the sand. Lotus sat herself down, into the best lotus position she could muster. With a deep breath, she shut her eyes and blocked out the world around her.

FrostyPeaches

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:11 am
User Image

The self appointed beach watcher / life saver bab was lulling himself to sleep resting on his hover board. The man-made waves echoed throughout the quiet beach and rocked his board gently in an up and down motion. The place was calm and quiet and he already saw parents and their kids packing their things up to go home as he laid lazily on his side against the board. He can't wait for night time to come though. That way he could practise to better his swimming again without interruptions. He wanted to get speedier as he glides across the water.

His tail was in the water to serve as an anchor, but the hoaver board had started to float closer to shore. His eyelids felt heavy. He swore he'd spotted something light brown on the sand. Was that another cardboard piece to be recycled or was that actually a pony? Squinting into the distance, he couldn't make it out as his hover board rocked back and forth again, making him want to sleep on the spot.

zippedsiren

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:06 pm
FrostyPeaches
Lol. This might have turned into something a little different because now she thinks Wave is dying at sea.. maybe he can think Lotus is drowning and they both try to save each other XD much more funny.

Gentle waves lapped up to the beach, just enough to touch Lotus' hooves. This stirred her from her peaceful zoning out. As she opened her eyes, she could see something, or someone else, out in the distance, floating on top of the waves. It was hard to tell if their eyes were open and the yellow body seemed to almost be lifeless, held up by some kind of strange object. Oh no! Were they stranded at sea, shipwrecked and almost dying!

Lotus tried to read the situation better, but it was hard to tell. Rousing from her position, she knew that she'd have to try and help if they might drown... Lotus stepped into the cold water and a shiver ran up her spine. Unexpectedly, she let out a loud yelp as she waded into the water. Her soft voice yelling out "Hey! You! Do you need help?" Although, with the shock of the water temperature, the yelp - was loudest, followed by the 'help' as she adjusted to it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:26 pm

Wave was taken off guard by the sudden loud shrill. OMG SOMEONE'S CRYING FOR HELP! What he thought was just a piece of garbage left on the beach by other ponies, was actually a real pony that went into the water at night time! Who would do that. It's quite dangerous. The lights can barely reach out this far!

His limbs did not move the way he liked them to, probably because he was being so lazy for the past hour just laying on the board that it turned numb. "WHOA!" He managed to quickly check the stranger out, as far as he could see, and he fell off his hover-board back into the water.

She doesn't seem to have fins! Can she even swim?? he wondered, and felt himself slide back below water as he fell. I need to save her! he thought, but he had to un-numb himself first. He turned and wiggled his tail underwater, but sadly, he was out of Lotus' sight.

The bab's board drifted away from the splash he had made, but the bab did not surface.. just yet.. There were only bubbles that floated to the top of the waterline from where he fell in.

zippedsiren
lol i laughed so hard i forgot what our element is for this rp and had to look it up XD i remember now hahah yeah we can change the story.

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:14 pm
FrostyPeaches

Oh no! The phony in the distance had disappeared under the water! Lotus started to panic, as this was the type of situation that truly could rile her up, the disastrous death of another in the icy waters of the otherwise peaceful lagoon.

"Ok, deep breath... you can find them. Bring them to shore. Deep breath," Lotus repeated those words to herself, which helped revive her otherwise steely nerves. Taking a deep breath, she looked out over the water again and confirmed that there was nothing. She would have to look under. The yellow bab plunged her head down into the water and opened her eyes to see if she could see anything or anyone at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:03 pm

He thought he saw 4 frantic hooves splashing in the water as if the other pony was actually coming closer to him, sinking deeper and deeper. He couldn't make it clear what she was saying for the water muffled out all plausible words.

Wave could see her head clearly now as she stuck her head on down. He was in full panic thinking that she wanted to drown herself at night!

Flailing a bit more, he could feel his little body move the way he wanted it to. His numbness left and he could feel the tail flip and flop through the water. He didn't want to scare the little bab with lightning swimming speed, so instead, he approached her slowly little by little. At least he wasn't black or dark blue, but luckily, he was quite yellow, and easier to see even in minimal lighting.

He just hoped she didn't plan on taking her own life while being in front of him. He wanted to save her. Slowly, he was within touching distance, but, he had to make sure he would be able to catch her and push her above water if she freaked out and started to drink the lagoon water choking herself to death from lack of air.

zippedsiren
sorry real life made me all bleh >.<

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:31 pm
The body of the other bab seemed to slowly be pushed towards her, it was hard to tell if it was the waves or perhaps a desperate to move to shore. Lotus swam as best she could towards the bab; the water was dark enough that although she could see Wave Watcher's head, she couldn't make out his fish-tail and had no idea he was a mer. As one yellow body swam toward the other, Lotus grabbed on to Wave and she start kicking back towards the shore. She didn't dare speak while swimming, concentrating on getting the 'body' to the safest of the shore. What she also failed to notice was how quickly they seemed to reach the shore; two fully capable swimmers could touch the sandy beach in no time.

FrostyPeaches
I am worse, omg two months...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:01 pm

Wave knew he would get a scolding from this brave filly later on. Especially if she finds out who/what he really is!

Nevertheless, he enjoyed every second of what is currently happening. Water splashed against his face and pretty much everywhere as they swam at night with little to no illumination at the beach.

Wave always dedicated his time from the get go to save lives the minute he spots a phony in need, but, this tight feeling of being rescued - it made him blush a little and he felt the warmth of two front legs wrapped around him. He couldn't see her face clearly, but he desperately wanted to stare and remember this brave soul's appreance as much as he could.

The colt swayed his tail left and right to balance the both of them in the water, gliding through the water real smoothly like dolphins out swimming.

They were getting nearer to the shore and he did not stop Lotus or cause a commotion. "We're nearing the sandy shore," he spoke out loud in a relaxed tone of voice. Not knowing what to do next, Wave just let the filly bring him to 'safety'...since most earth ponies preferred land over water.

He couldn't help but let out a small chuckle, but was fully prepared to apologise for leading her on at night, making it appear as if he was actually drowning in the water.

zippedsiren
i have all the patience in the world, zipped

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:19 pm
Ah! He spoke! There was a sigh of relief that the other foal was ok. As Lotus pulled him to shore she calmly went through the list running through her head, "I'm glad you seem ok, but maybe I should check you out."

But as she pulled his body up to the sand she saw how there were no hind legs up a tail instead. Lotus let go of the mer and was silent for a moment, stunned at what she saw. "You... your a mer? You probably were... you were just fine out there?"

Lotus wasn't angry or mad at all, what she felt was embarrassed. Her buttery colored face started to turn a peachy blush. " I feel so foolish, I should have paid more attention before trying to rush in like that to save you. I probably looked like a loon to you."

Lotus's embarrassment gave way to giggling as the ridiculousness of the situation really sank in.
FrostyPeaches
I think two more posts and we might be done

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:16 pm

He squirmed a bit and sheepishly looked away, averting his gaze and he just stared at the sky.

And that's when the dreaded question came to him in the still of the night:
        "You... your a mer? You probably were... you were just fine out there?"

He drew a circle in the sand with his hoof and replied to her, almost whisper-like. "Um.. Um.. Yeah, I'm a mer. I can swim just fine."

Wave Watcher looked at the earth pony and smiled. "But you looked like you were drowning out there. so I did sort of, uh, attempted to save you in the water. I was sleeping for so long that my lower body turned all numb on me and I slid off of my hoverboard."

He blushed a little and slicked his hair back still trying to look cool. "You, probably know already, but you, you are a great swimmer. If I ever need saving, I rather it be you." He gave a nervous laugh.

At least he didn't get yelled at, and that, surprised him.

zippedsiren
I AM SO SORRY! I FORGOT IT WAS MY TURN BACK THEN TO REPLY. ;A;/

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:49 pm
"You thought I was drowning?" Lotus shook her head in disbelief. Making all that ruckus running into the water when she had first say him probably didn't help appearances. No wonder he dove down. Putting her hooves to her face to hid her reddening cheeks, Lotus couldn't help but fully be engulfed by her own giggles.

"I thought you.. and you though I? So we both?," each few words were punctuated by a laugh as she fell backwards into the sand, her giggles keeping her from staying up.

Once her embarrassment subsided and giggle fit subsided, Lotus Eater pushed herself back up. "I'm glad to know at least my form was ok. I guess it was nice to save each other, but I don't think I'll be making a career out it."

FrostyPeaches
It's ok! I think one more post should do it and we're both one step closer to growths smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:55 pm

"To be honest?" he said trying to hold in his laughter. "I really thought you were drowning... but you ended up trying to rescue me instead. "

The mer bab laughed, planted his hoverboard at an angle into the sand, and laid sprawled out on the sand as he messed up his hair. "Oh! my Body!" he squirmed and laughed. "Nurse I am hurt, could you check me out?" he asked Lotus Eater in a super dramatic voice while putting a hoof to his forehead.

zippedsiren

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:20 pm
FrostyPeaches
I think we can stop here ! heart

Lotus Eater smiled as she tried to stifle her giggle, but it was difficult with the mer acting so clown (fish) like. Though, as a a serious care provider, she did double check to make sure, trying to avoid tickling. As the two chatted about their ridiculous swimming adventure, Lotus relaxed and let go of her serious facade, enjoying spending the time laughing at herself and her new friend.  
My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games