Reply Alternia RP
[PRP] The Pin-Pricked Persuasion (Buffel + Flydra) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tenaciousgadabout

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:24 pm
Buffel tried his best to sit up, straining as he did so. He must’ve dragged himself out being tensed up for most of that experiment. He slowly and shakily propped himself up on both arms, facing forward rather than meeting her eyes this time.

”Well, like insecurities. Flaws and such. Not really notable to anyone but me. Stuff like regrettin’ some stuff from the Space Towers and interpersonal hogwash with, uh, certain people. I ain’t a fan of ‘em, but better to understand yerself with, y’know? Sometimes goin’ through the mill gives ya better perspective.”
The boy looked down at his arms, shaking vigorously. They were sore as all get-out, but he wouldn’t let himself fall. He stiffened the right arm to try to quell its movement, which seemed to help a bit but took a decent bit of effort. Pulling the left arm free from the weight, he held it aloft in front of him, letting it shake freely.

”And if you experiments can tell me more about the physical aspect, maybe that’ll do some good to. I don’t know why I got strung up like I did. Sometimes it happens if I wake up in the middle of the night too. Normally didn’t do nothin’ like this to me though. I’m straight winded from stress, ain’t never seen that before.”

He let his weight drop back onto the bed suddenly, resting his shaking arms behind his head as they slowed. He tried to keep his eyes open, fighting an urge to let his body rest as his mind was not ready for closed eyes any time soon. He allowed a small glance towards his new physician. He wouldn't express it aloud, but he reckoned getting to see the good doctor wasn't exactly the worst fate for his eyes either.

”Any idea why that could happen, Doc?”

Yamashii

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:52 pm
"Hnn. Interesting." She checked a box on her form and scribbled down some of what he'd mentioned. Waking up in the middle of the night unable to move, paralyzed under great emotional and mental distress... She had suspicious of what the problem could be but wasn't sure if her patient would be open to treatment.

"The Space Towers... that was unfortunate. Luckily, most of us were able to escape Civisect alive at least though not untouched." Her tone had a sour pout to it and she avoided looking at him. Flydra had not enjoyed her brush with death scrambling out of the Space Ladder after her girls. She would had to train and grow strong enough to hold her own with the rest of them. It had been too close a call. If she died, who would mend her fellow sirens?

And Austri's arms... Flydra mentally beat herself up every night over being unable to mend them back to their original state. The greenblood had enough problems without the tealblood's own selfish guilt on the matter. Didn't make the feelings go away though.

"I believe your symptoms indicate a problem with sleep paralysis. This can happen if you sleep habits are poor coupled along with anxiety or mental illness. Freezing up under stress can be similar but could also be a separate case of anxiety unrelated to your lack of rest. Hard to say at this stage." Opening a drawer, she picked through various bottles and bags of pills. She hadn't had time to organize the latest batch of things that had been delivered.

"Here it is. Try taking these for now. An antidepressant sometimes helps." Truthfully, changing his sleep patterns would likely help the most but she doubted he would ever try it. Not if he was poor enough to have to work every moonlit hour to keep food on his table. How sad it had to be to live like that. She couldn't imagine going without a sponsor like Lorata.

"Do you have any other medical issues that you're aware of?" If not, the time to conclude the examination was here. She'd gotten most of the information she needed. "Otherwise, I'd like to take some more blood before sending you home." Maybe he could sleep during that.

Yeah, right.

tenaciousgadabout

Yamashii

Alternia RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out