Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ORP]For This I'm Thankful (Jungle Misson Thanksgiving) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:42 pm

Melvin had attempted Thanksgiving various times and it had never hit the mark in filling the void in what he left behind as a civilian. Before it had been crushing but as he adapted and reflected, he has time to re-evaluate what a hunter holiday was. With portals relaxed he set out with a few techs he bribed with the promise of ciaggarettes and bought what he felt made a staple Thanksgiving. With what they could carry, they came back with what he could manage (it was amazing how much funds you had when you broke up with your boyfriend.)

Gathering tables in a line, he set about placing down a few colorfully red tablecloths before opening some disposable paper plates and silverware.

Quote:
This is a ORP for everyone at the hunter jungle base. Portals have been relaxed soley for traveling to get Thanksgiving necessities. Tables and chairs and whatever comfortable stumps have been gathered at the center of the base and a makeshift stone oven is going. Other fires with grills atop them with various boiling pots are going. Feel free to have your hunter join in on helping or coming to score a good meal.

~OPEN for posting~

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:30 pm

There were still guards posted but for this one day, people had been allowed a little freedom and a slight break from the overwhelming heat and stress of the camp, along with a break from what had been weeks of rations.

Lawrence sat down at the table and gave Melvin a smile. "This is impressive for the circumstance." he said, without much recognition of everything that had happened between them.

Mik too wasn't about to miss out on some free food and sat down at the opposite end from Lawrence, refusing to look at him.

Rep of course made his way to the end of the table and smugly sat himself down. "Hope you brought some booze!" he said to Melvin.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:39 pm

Melody soon joined the group and was carrying a covered casserole dish which she lifted the lid to check on to be completely sure before bringing it over to place on a table. It didn't require heating of any kind and was already ready be consumed. She then made her way over to Melvin and smiled brightly at him, "You did a great job."

Then she went to sit by Mik at the table, "what are you looking forward to most?" She looked between him and Lawr, acknowledging them both.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:56 pm

Lawrence gave Melody a friendly nod, greeting her in his usual way. He had never been one for Thanksgiving, quite apart from it being something he didn't celebrate when he lived in Britain, he wasn't one to be thankful for anything. After all he was entitled to what he wanted. It was still a statement of his respect for Melvin that he even trusted the food at all, normally extremely picky about what (if anything) he ate.

Mik beamed at Melody. "Food!" he yelled emphatically.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:04 pm
Melvin simply gave a "hmm" to Lawr before he set some plastic silverware down, not looking at Lawr beyond a glance. He smiled at Rep, not expecting anyone to rightly claim the head of the temple able but him.

"You don't give access to portals and don't expect no alcohol, right? We got as much as we could carry. People at the store thought we were a frat party wanting to throw a good bash. It's being guarded in the tent over there. We didn't want someone's grabbing a bottle for themselves."

"Mik, want to help me bring the drinks over? I'm going to tell the rest to get gathered at the table so we can get started."

Melvin leaned to Rep. "You're the head of this table. Call whoever you want to sit with you."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:33 pm
Lawrence paused, his pride about as stung as it was possible to be by the way the other man snubbed him. He genuinely didn't understand why he was being ignored, thinking that there was no reason why things couldn't be cordial and the way they had always been. It startled him and stung him. He narrowed his eyes slightly but said nothing else to Melvin.

Rep on the other hand was fairly cheery at the prospect of booze and food and nodded to Melvin. "Good man! You ******** thought it out. Though anyone with guard duty tonight needs to stay sober, we don't want to be easy ******** pickings over a party."

Mik was in the mood to be helpful and nodded to Melvin. "Sure, I can help. Just tell me what to do." and he might have winked at Melvin at the end of this comment.

Rep shrugged. "Ace always sits with me, I don't mind where anyone sits, as long as they are comfortable. Did you bring a wee bit of music?"  

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:36 pm

"I'm excited about dessert," Melody commented. The discussion turned to booze and she looked genuinely curious. "Back home I wasn't the legal age for that but hah, good thing I'm not back home. I can't wait to try what your boys brought Melvin." She smiled over at the blonde as Mik joined him. "Are you going to drink too, Mikael?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:43 pm
"Around here, I think we figure that if you're old enough to risk your life out on mission, you're old enough to drink," Jordan commented, bringing a dish over to the table from the direction of the makeshift stoves. He took a seat partway down the table.  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:55 pm

Mik nodded. "I'm old enough." he said. "I was allowed wine with my food at home even before I came here." It was something he realised that his mother had to have picked up from Lawrence who could talk for about an hour about wine pairings and their effects, it certainly wasn't something she would have picked up herself. "But I think all of us are old enough now! Yeah, cause we are all hunters! Old enough for a weapon, old enough for drinks."

He didn't mention that he'd never had more than a single glass before. He waved to Jordan. "Hi!" he said. "You are pretty."

Lawrence further down the table set down his glass of water with a strangely hostile click on the wood.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:45 pm

"Alright Mik. Tell the guys in the tent over there to bring the drinks over. I'm gonna help the kitchens. Melody, can you help finish setting the table?"

He walked over to Lawr and set a stack of cups before him. "Lucky for you to come early. You are on cup duty."

He waved at Jordan. "Glad you could get over here."

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:42 am
Lawrence was about to remind Melvin that he was essentially disabled and asking him to set out cups was a huge imposition and that he should be ashamed of himself for not doing the task himself, but he stayed the impulse before he could open his mouth, wanting to avoid ruining the first bit of conversation he’d managed to get out of the other man with his innate instinct to avoid effort. He sighed shallowly and picked up one of the stacks and moved to set them out, as always doing so in a complex little gesture which involved putting the whole stack down each time and removing a cup with his good hand only to repeat. Sometimes it was fascinating to watch how he’d adapted to missing a hand, everyday tasks becoming a careful dance of adaptation and compromise.

It made it difficult when he donned an illusion and sometimes forgot out of habit that he was supposed to have two hands.

As he went, he was still dazed somewhat by Melvin’s mistreatment of him. He thought they’d come to an agreeable compromise and still couldn’t understand why Melvin was so upset with him. Certainly it hadn’t been ideal, nothing about it had been ideal, the situation had been embarrassing and upsetting for them all. But they were adults and surely they could move past a little upset? It wasn’t like they’d really been in a relationship anyway, had they?

There was also the problem of Mikael. Mikael who had been saying a lot of things he wasn’t too pleased about and who was now flirting with Jordan in a flippant manner. The boy was becoming a hassle the older he got and though he certainly wasn’t a threat in appearance or manners at present, his youth had rendered him attractive in a way that simply said he needed a few baths, a haircut and an outfit to be truly handsome. It infuriated Lawrence and every day he wished more and more that he could switch with the boy. Either way, he’d used the temporary supply run to get a shave and enough water to bathe and was feeling much less barbaric than he had been before. Next to Mikael he was still the superior option, he was sure.

Mikael himself was oblivious to the feelings of malice from his father and was simply wrapped up in the simple emotions of wanting to help and the hormones associated with every pretty person he came across. He had not had a bath of any sort and said hormones were all but able to be smelled around him.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:57 am
"I've been helping out with the cooking. The dinner's looking good," Jordan said, nodding to Melvin.

He blinked and gave Mik a politely friendly smile. "Hi. Uh, thanks."  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:20 am

Melody choked on a cackle as Mik called Jordan pretty. "Well, he isn't wrong Jordan," she teased while getting back to her feet. "Gladly," She went over to where Melvin had been standing and picked up the stack of paper plates. She started to lay them out, carefully working around Lawr and his cups. "Anyone want to help put the plastic ware down with me?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:31 am
The ghoul was given a tad more freedom around the camp, she wasn’t being kept with the other horsemen and was even allowed to wander around. Rep had even gone as far as to un link the cuffs so she could move both hands freely. It was a small step in the right direction at least. She spent most of her time wandering about eyeing the strange portals the Hunters came and went through, sometimes she just lurked around her ‘fellow’ prisoner to ensure they didn’t escape.

What finally did get her attention was all the smells coming from a bunch of tables hunters where milling about. Slowly she edged her way towards them eyes flickering with curiosity as she approached. It was a feast? Everyone was gathering around to take plates, they were all talking, but not about the mission.

Slowly she edged closer tucking her hands into her canvas jackets pockets before sheepishly asking to anyone around, “What is all of this?”

Miliardo Kason

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:38 pm
Melvin went to talk down the line of hunters gathered at a table and set of fires before they started bringing over pots and several turkeys setting things as spaced out as they could. Pre-made rolls and sticks of butter set in paper plates were set about and passed around.

Water bottles were in a stack nearby for hunters not wanting to drink, and it seemed those who decided picked themselves to guard for the night to allow others to drink.

Melvin moved into the tent Mik went into ans gestired for the hunters there to grab there drink and that dinner was ready before grabbing the two bottles of whiskey he bought. "Mik can you grab those wine bottles?" He asked.

"So gonna drink a bit with us?" He asked him.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff