Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Naruto Ultimate Roleplaying
Curiosity (Delete if you don't want :P)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dripples

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:48 pm
Hi guys!
Tbh, idk if I'm allowed to post a topic on this section of the guild, but I'm making the assumption that most of you don't even care, looking at the state of it. I seemed to have decided to randomly get back on Gaia and check on the guild at its dying moments.
I don't know if ya'll remember me, or even know who I am if you joined the guild at a later date than my departure. I'm making the assumption that a lot of you who was here when I was have changed your names which is appropriate since I haven't been here in 3-4 years. If you do remember me, then hey smile It's been awhile! For those of you that don't know or remember me, I am an ex-roleplayer that joined this guild around 2007. I was 9 years old at the time. I'm 18 now and I'm a first year at Rutgers University, and things have been looking bright for me in terms of my future. A big part of it is because of this guild and I think it's time now to give my thanks.
When I first found out about Gaiaonline and NUR, I was ecstatic. I would come home from school and I'd be excited about the notion of being able to jump on the internet, and interact with a bunch of strangers in such a fantastical way. Being able to be a freaking ninja? Using supernatural abilities against relentless foes? Making ninja friends? HOLY s**t. My 9 year old self LOVED it. As I got older, the joy of RPing died on me. It wasn't as much fun and I noticed myself getting more distant with the community, which is why i eventually quit NUR and Gaia altogether. However, although that may be the case, NUR honestly did change my life. The first thing is that it DEFINITELY improved my write capabilities. I went from being one of the worst writers in my small middle school class to writing at an above high school level during my freshman year. The second thing is how it damn important it is to socialize with others. Some of you guys were my closest friends, even though I have never met any of you in real life. This translated into my "real-life skills" and now I have plenty of close and amazing friends. The third and final thing is how time-consuming s**t can get on the internet LOL. I spent COUNTLESS HOURS RPing on this guild, and as much as I have enjoyed it, I probably should have cut back on it, which I now do when I play League of Legends or Overwatch.
Basically, I may have forsaken this guild awhile ago, but it's one of the things I had loved to do growing up, so ya'll are still at a special place in my heart. Idk who's going to read this since this guild seems pretty deserted, but if you do, and you know who I am, feel free to PM me or comment on this post smile I'll be checking up on it for the next couple of days because I really do want to talk to a lot of you again. The most amazing thing about our world is how small it is. I would love to get the chance to talk to a bunch of you that I haven't talked to in ages. SO. I guess this is farewell NUR. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I love you. heart heart

P.S yo i do not remember how to change text size and color and s**t LOL  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:18 pm
Dripples
Hi guys!
Tbh, idk if I'm allowed to post a topic on this section of the guild, but I'm making the assumption that most of you don't even care, looking at the state of it. I seemed to have decided to randomly get back on Gaia and check on the guild at its dying moments.
I don't know if ya'll remember me, or even know who I am if you joined the guild at a later date than my departure. I'm making the assumption that a lot of you who was here when I was have changed your names which is appropriate since I haven't been here in 3-4 years. If you do remember me, then hey smile It's been awhile! For those of you that don't know or remember me, I am an ex-roleplayer that joined this guild around 2007. I was 9 years old at the time. I'm 18 now and I'm a first year at Rutgers University, and things have been looking bright for me in terms of my future. A big part of it is because of this guild and I think it's time now to give my thanks.
When I first found out about Gaiaonline and NUR, I was ecstatic. I would come home from school and I'd be excited about the notion of being able to jump on the internet, and interact with a bunch of strangers in such a fantastical way. Being able to be a freaking ninja? Using supernatural abilities against relentless foes? Making ninja friends? HOLY s**t. My 9 year old self LOVED it. As I got older, the joy of RPing died on me. It wasn't as much fun and I noticed myself getting more distant with the community, which is why i eventually quit NUR and Gaia altogether. However, although that may be the case, NUR honestly did change my life. The first thing is that it DEFINITELY improved my write capabilities. I went from being one of the worst writers in my small middle school class to writing at an above high school level during my freshman year. The second thing is how it damn important it is to socialize with others. Some of you guys were my closest friends, even though I have never met any of you in real life. This translated into my "real-life skills" and now I have plenty of close and amazing friends. The third and final thing is how time-consuming s**t can get on the internet LOL. I spent COUNTLESS HOURS RPing on this guild, and as much as I have enjoyed it, I probably should have cut back on it, which I now do when I play League of Legends or Overwatch.
Basically, I may have forsaken this guild awhile ago, but it's one of the things I had loved to do growing up, so ya'll are still at a special place in my heart. Idk who's going to read this since this guild seems pretty deserted, but if you do, and you know who I am, feel free to PM me or comment on this post smile I'll be checking up on it for the next couple of days because I really do want to talk to a lot of you again. The most amazing thing about our world is how small it is. I would love to get the chance to talk to a bunch of you that I haven't talked to in ages. SO. I guess this is farewell NUR. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I love you. heart heart

P.S yo i do not remember how to change text size and color and s**t LOL

/wave

You may remember me, I was Kashensu back in my day, i think we RPed casually a few times. Most of us lost interest in NUR and with the conclusion of the manga, there was nothing new and exciting.

Most of us are currently RPing in a guild called Axiom. You're free to join us there.  

Somnus Aeternam

Adorable Trendsetter

11,875 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Korn On A Stik

Bashful Codger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:32 am
Dripples

Heya Dripples.

Like you, I'm here to pay respects, if you will, to a place that holds many fond memories from my youth.

While I don't think you and I ever directly interacted more than once or twice, your username was always around back in my roleplaying days, especially here. And know that I too share you sentiment about this goofy little corner of the internet. This was a place of wonderment, a place where one could freely interact and make friends with people from all over the world. It was a safe haven for creativity, expression, and thought experimentation. Or just an outlet for aspiration and angst xd

Anyhow, just wanted to respond to your post here to say that I know exactly where you're coming from. And I'm glad you posted. Maybe this guild will go down with a smile rather than a grimace this way.

And congratulations on your real life achievements. Rutgers is a damn fine school, both in academic prestige, and in history and campus culture. As a recent college graduate myself, I wish you the best of luck and advise you to treasure these next four years. There is seldom a more magical time in life than undergrad. Go have the best times of your life, old boy.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:25 pm
DRIPPLESS!!!!  

Scrapples

Profitable Smoker

2,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Naruto Ultimate Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash