Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MidnightBlue9999

Gambino Medic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:10 pm
Punkology
MidnightBlue9999
Fox Platinum
Honestly though, I was expecting this to allow you your own finish time. But I'm not running this... : overdramatictear:

Not gonna lie but this was one of the things that made me so interested in competing in the X-cup in the first place. The thought of competing on your own paces for the sole purpose of making something good and complete.

But if you basically want X-cup to be just like every other show in g-fed, ces't la vie.

Yeah and if he goes with that fantastic idea, the first round will never end. There's still matches that have no posts in them, and it's been 3 weeks.

Plus, X-Cup is a competition. Why would a competition NOT have deadlines of some form?

Unless people do like Cart has been doing and requesting auto wins due to activity...
And i'm not arguing that fact, I do understand deadlines but if this is supposed to be something special like i've heard about for the past few years giving it a deadline that's basically the equivalent of an FG card kinda ruins the importance in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:57 pm
I was initially planning on each 'round' to last a month. That's typically how it's always been.
Which seems to be ideal thing, I figured everyone could get up and post around that time.

Deadlines only because there are indeed multiple rounds, and this means that we can't have round one lasting a year. It really isn't feasible.
I apologize, but I rather not have the final round be in 2020 or anything like that.

Needless to say I am highly, highly disappointed with this years X-cup.
Then again, X-cup has always had some level of disappointment even through it's inception.
Let's not dance around the fact that I invited everyone, I invited people that I didn't like, purposely sent invites on accounts I don't have people blocked on.
Simply because I wanted this to be great, I really, really did. These people have this mentality that 'they'll show Chrono' or 'I'll prove Chrono wrong' or whatever, and yet when given the opportunity they p***y the ******** out.

I was going to use this as a stepping stone as a new concept guild that I've had in the works. There are some out there that know of it, and loved it.

But here's thing, very few people had signed up. Despite the nearly 3 months for a roll call, despite the three months of advertising and what not.

and fine, I get it. Not many people like me, and I'm fine with that. But this X-cup was to benefit everyone. I wanted the competition, I wanted people to tell stories, I wanted people to actually earn their merits, because let's face it some people can only earn things here (because of the whole WWFG 'Let's play hot potato titles around crew' debacle, and BSW isn't/wasn't even a concept at the time)

I couldn't get enough people to even out any cups, and the finals are already going to be some kind of cluster ********. There's not going to be a world cup as of yet,because I'd have to drop someone to even out the brackets, or add someone who couldn't have been bothered to answer a ******** roll call, either situation isn't fair and the Legendary cup only has two people.

Some of the promoted & promised matches aren't even happening.

and this whole situation made me realize, some people are just entitled ******** demanding instant gratification at the expense of others.

Instant gratification for fictional things, for no reason whatsoever, never mind it ******** over a lot of people.

Yes,
X-Cup is a competition, yes it does have deadlines
Yes it has points and what not that effect who wins what

It's rather unfortunate, but that's just how s**t goes.
And people wonder why this community is dead already, and people can go 'but more people are coming and activity and....'
It's already dead.  

Chrono Q Clepsydra
Captain

Overpowered Genius

13,790 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Married 100

Cartwright

Hilarious Sex Symbol

7,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:05 am
Chrono Q Clepsydra
Needless to say I am highly, highly disappointed with this years X-cup.
Then again, X-cup has always had some level of disappointment even through it's inception.
Let's not dance around the fact that I invited everyone, I invited people that I didn't like, purposely sent invites on accounts I don't have people blocked on.
Simply because I wanted this to be great, I really, really did. These people have this mentality that 'they'll show Chrono' or 'I'll prove Chrono wrong' or whatever, and yet when given the opportunity they p***y the ******** out.

I was going to use this as a stepping stone as a new concept guild that I've had in the works. There are some out there that know of it, and loved it.

But here's thing, very few people had signed up. Despite the nearly 3 months for a roll call, despite the three months of advertising and what not.

and fine, I get it. Not many people like me, and I'm fine with that. But this X-cup was to benefit everyone. I wanted the competition, I wanted people to tell stories, I wanted people to actually earn their merits, because let's face it some people can only earn things here (because of the whole WWFG 'Let's play hot potato titles around crew' debacle, and BSW isn't/wasn't even a concept at the time)

I suppose the one thing we've got out of this situation is we now know who still cares enough to either create something for others or to participate in the creation actively! I give you points for trying to put something like this together Chron!

Quote:
and this whole situation made me realize, some people are just entitled ******** demanding instant gratification at the expense of others.

Instant gratification for fictional things, for no reason whatsoever, never mind it ******** over a lot of people.

This certainly reminds me of a captain in WWFG, who apparently said she deserved the top title just because she owned the fed when it came to making decisions on booking and storylines! She must be feeling pretty gratified right now, after doing a runner following certain decisions! emo  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:25 pm
As I see it now:

Bianca vs Mirela
An auto win for Bianca.

Cryak v Adormis
ongoing

Lauri Henry v The Blood Imbruer
ongoing

CartCancer v Fenrir/Karen Attwood
ongoing

Phoenixfire v Melissa
ongoing? Harli gave up in Cyrus v Akira

I suggest that we wait until a match goes to an ending, then make a end date for the other matches to wrap it up.  

Fox Platinum

Hardworking Garbage

Cartwright

Hilarious Sex Symbol

7,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:56 am
Fox Platinum
I suggest that we wait until a match goes to an ending, then make a end date for the other matches to wrap it up.

I'm going to have to do something crazy now to get things going, aren't I?! =)  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:34 am
Cartwright
Fox Platinum

I'm going to have to do something crazy now to get things going, aren't I?! =)

There, the TBI match is over! Can we please move on now?! =)  

Cartwright

Hilarious Sex Symbol

7,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Chrono Q Clepsydra
Captain

Overpowered Genius

13,790 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:11 pm
I'm working on judging the matches with points and s**t, certain things take time
even more so when 'certain' individuals try and tell me how to run it wink  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:59 am
Chrono Q Clepsydra
I'm working on judging the matches with points and s**t, certain things take time

Damn it Foxy, give Chrono a chance! blaugh  

Cartwright

Hilarious Sex Symbol

7,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

MrWeirdFox

Hype Champion

27,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Medalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:10 pm
Cartwright
Chrono Q Clepsydra

Damn it Foxy, give Chrono a chance! blaugh

emotion_awesome Well, blimey. emotion_dealwithit  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:28 pm
"Have ye abandoned us?" Whined a dull fox, who popped his head out of the tall grass.

the wind moves through the leaves of a nearby tree,
rustling up a noise to hide the whispering answer...

"Shut up and go ******** yourself."

MrWeirdFox

Hype Champion

27,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Medalist 100
Wrestling Gaians United Tournament

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash