Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] What a Catch (Vanity Rose & Eliana)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:55 pm
User Image

Small bells made a delicate jingling sound through the woods, their wearer painfully aware of the noises. She would never be able to convince anyone she'd gone hunting, so she wondered what kind of excuse she could make this time. Vanity often left the confines of the flock grounds to explore. She was especially fond of finding new flowers to bring home to her father, who would try to extract their seeds and cultivate them in his underground greenhouse. She always used the ruse of her position, and always made sure to bring back some small game so they wouldn't suspect anything. That would all end soon, though. Fall was coming, which put an end to the blossoming of plants. The mare frowned at her thought, only to remember that frowns cause wrinkles. Immediately, she righted her expression and continued to move along, her bells jingling and tinkling with each step.

Vanity Rose wondered what kind of attention she'd manage to get with her sounds. Already she had seen squirrels look up to admire her beauty, she had heard birds cease chirping to examine her trinkets, and she'd watched rabbits stop in their tracks to ogle her. She sighed. It was rather exhausting to be this beautiful all the time, but such was life for a lady so fair.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:08 pm
User Image Eliana had ventured out for another one of her strolls. With the relationship between her mother and sister so tense, the mare found it difficult to find any peace of mind at home. Rather than spend her time cooped up and constantly stressed with trying to patch things between them, the girl tried to find some small amount of solace in weekly outings. Flying was so freeing, so soothing, that it was probably the best way she could clear her mind, but on this lovely evening she had decided a walk through the forest would suit her fancy much better.

The typical sounds of forest activity met her fluffy ears at first, causing her head to swivel and turn as she looked about her surroundings. The light from the sun was absolutely beautiful and the golden glow that touched the leaves of the trees above made her heart soar. Yes, it was a good idea to walk tonight.

The jingle of bells quickly caught her attention, her yellow tufted ear perking to catch the sound more clearly. They were bright sounding bells, a high pitched note that rang so clearly and beautifully that Eliana could hardly keep herself from trying to find the source. After some walking, Eliana couldn't help but stare in awe. The source of the delightful ringing was a beautiful mare, the likes of which she had never seen, making her feel so plain in comparison. Though she did her best to turn and avoid being seen by someone so lovely, the clumsily footed mare cringed as a branch snapped beneath her hooves, leaving her no chance to hide away.

"Ah, I-I'm sorry f-for intruding," came her sheepish voice, her wings ruffling out of nervousness. "Those bells of yours sound so lovely."

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:28 pm
Vanity had smelled the mare before she'd heard the stick snap. She grinned at the thought of attention, and poised herself in the direction of the scent, making sure her best side was visible. Then again, every side was her best side, so it didn't take much. Turquoise eyes examined the mare, noting her traits. Perhaps she was of the rival harpy clan. She examined her further, going over every feature, and changed her mind. A Harpy wouldn't be nearly as timid, especially one with claws. The mare decided her new company was attractive enough, but everything paled in comparison to her own beauty.

"No, no, not intruding at all." She smiled, not unkindly. "Don't sound so timid, dear. It makes you seem weak, and you really ought not act like prey around these parts." Her bluntness was always sincere, though sometimes uncalled for. Her smile beamed when the mare complimented her on her bells. In response, she did a little dance move to make them sound off again. "Oh, aren't they? My mother is a master artisan, and had them crafted for me when I went on my first hunt. Don't let that scare you though, dear, I only hunt bunnies." Her voice was sing-songy and sickly sweet, and her smile never waned. "You're not a harpy, are you, dear?" Her question was a real one, not at all sarcastic.

xX Green Tea Tree Xx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:24 pm
Eliana could only watch curiously as the harpy before her moved about. Everything about her was so striking and the coloration of her feathers was so stunning that it made the white and yellow feathered half-gryph wish she, too, could have feathers as beautiful as Vanity's. She was glad to hear she wasn't intruding, though she was quick to meekly duck her head as Vanity continued. "Oh, I s-see, thank you for letting... letting me know."

Truth be told, Eliana had no idea how not to be timid. She had always been quiet, more like a wallflower than anything else, so being told to not be meek didn't help her in being anything but. Where others had confidence abounding, she lacked it.

Her yellow eyes watched as the harpy gave a small dance, a pleasant smile resting lightly on her beak. "They are very beautiful. I'm surprised you would wear such things if you go hunting. I would think they scare animals away." The mare pause, catching herself before she seemed incredibly rude, and did her best to backpedal. "Th-though I'm sure you wear them for a reason. I shouldn't just go assuming things." A shaky laugh escaped her and Eliana could feel her expression falling already. She was so awkward, goodness. If only I knew how to talk to people properly. She must think I'm a fool now...

Her face visibly lifted and she was quick to shake her feathered head. "Oh, n-no, I'm not. My mother is a hippogryph, and I don't know who my father is, but I'm not pure blooded like my mother. I have ears more like the Cerynei, though I think that's the only feature I have of Cerynei blood." She gave a small wiggle of her ears to show off their fluffy appearance. "And I'm not entirely familiar with Harpies, so I don't th-think I can be something that i don't know of."

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas